Start by marking “A Sonnet for His Vaquero” as Want to Read:
A Sonnet for His Vaquero

A Sonnet for His Vaquero

After the death of his parents, Alejandro Delgado inherits his father’s ranch in rural Oklahoma. What should become a labor of love morphs into a nightmare when he arrives to find El Rancho de la Luna falling apart. With his trust fund tied up until he turns twenty-five, he’s broke and needs a miracle to save his ranch. The arrival of an older, sexy and experienced cowboy ...more
Published July 14th 2014 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about A Sonnet for His Vaquero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Sonnet for His Vaquero

Start your review of A Sonnet for His Vaquero
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Too predictable by far with a cliched plot and not enough tension on page between the two cookie-cutter MCs.

This read like a teleanovela: homophobic parents, secret gay lovers, lots of manufactured angst between Alejandro, the new owner of a ranch he inherits upon his estranged father's death, and Benji, his ranch hand for the season.

Within one chapter, we find out both of Alejandro's parents have recently died tragically. Convenient!

Then Benji's father turns out to be the worst kind of homoph
SheReadsALot
Bears?!

Roooooooooooooooar!
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
description

Wut?

I have some concerns…

A Sonnet for His Vaquero feels like some sort of bear-twink parallel dimension.

Alejandro has suffered two tragedies back to back then finds himself the proprietor of his long estranged and now deceased father's ranch. Alejandro is a strange bird.

description

Well, maybe not that strange, but he ain't right. He's bouncing off the walls like a toddler on sugar high one minute and all demonstrative and officious the next. It's very… jarring.

Benji is the bear in this equation. Let me t
Erica
Aug 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Nice!
Melanie~~
Jul 14, 2014 marked it as event-stories-unread
[NOTE: I rate most writing event stories (free reads) 4 or 5 stars because of my appreciation of the author's participation and gift.] ...more
Teresa
I didn't buy the I love you at all and the characters were all over the place. However, the author did stick to the detailed prompt. ...more
Serena
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gr-dritc, romance-mm
Love's Landscapes Anthology Volume 14 by Finn Marlowe

My Rating System:
Kevin
Aug 26, 2014 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the story but was bothered by a couple things. First, there are several references to the age 37 man as old, MUCH older than the age 25 man, even "almost old enough to be your father." That might have been more plausible if the gap was 20 or more years. Also, I don't think of someone as "old" until at least their 70s.
The second was the jarring use of "twink" by the homophobic father of the older man. No way would he know a word like that.
Sandra

Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group's Love's Landscapes event. Thank you too all the amazing authors who participated!
Jenn (not Lily)
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable little story. Yes, a little trite, but well written and nice job with making fully-developed characters in a very short span.
Sanet
I wanted to love it.... but... it just didn't do anything for me. Perhaps it was the plot...that's been done to death... or the predicted outcomes... or the character's that seemed generic. ...more
Ale