Start by marking “Model Undercover: New York” as Want to Read:
Model Undercover: New York

Model Undercover: New York

(Model Under Cover series #2)

Unlock the secrets of the fashion world in this fun and breezy mystery

Published January 6th 2015 by Sourcebooks Young Readers (first published September 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Model Undercover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Model Undercover

Madi ~☆TheBookNerdDiaries☆~
I've also posted this review on my blog ->

Model Undercover: New York (Model Undercover #2) by Carina Axelsson *3.25 stars*

Notes: This is basically a standalone even though it is a sequel; I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Summary from Goodreads:

When the world’s most famous black diamond is stolen during a magazine cover shoot, it’s up to undercover model Axelle Anderson to crack the case. The only witness is a tr
Addie
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So amazing Carina Axleson did an exceptional job. This also taught me so much about modeling. Just WOW.
Liralen
Oct 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: z-2017, fiction, ya, reviewed, i-spy
More dumb-cute. I enjoyed this, as I did the previous book, but this one feels considerably more as though it's stretching the bounds of credulity. Lots of layers added to the mystery by characters with decidedly dubious motives, a bit of unnecessary violence thrown in at the end to add drama, and a willful refusal to subject Axelle to the indignities (among other things) that the average starting-out working model faces... Make no mistake, it's still entertaining, but I'm not too broken up abou ...more
Am
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved reading this book and the entire series. I love the suspense and how well thought out the clue were
Danniella
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Like the first book, it was absolutely captivating and kept my eyes open for any clues, how Axelle finds the culprit is simply mind-blowing!
Grace Sargeant
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked it.
Ruthsic
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
When the world's most famous black diamond is stolen during a magazine cover shoot, it's up to undercover model Axelle Anderson to crack the case. The only witness is a trendsetting teen fashion blogger who refuses to say anything, and Axelle has a hunch that what appears to be a clear-cut case of jewelry theft is anything but.

Axelle and her sleuthing friends are drawn into a web of blackmail and backstabbing fashionistas. As she struts her way down the New York City runways and juggles her busy mo/>Axelle
Lara Ryan
Nov 12, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, netgalley
I was provided a copy of this book through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

As it turns out, this is the second book in a series. I unfortunately did not read the first book, but I don't think that it's necessary for background information to keep up with this story. Any holes were filled in conveniently, leaving you without the need to guess.

Model Undercover: New York is the story of 16 year old Axelle, who in her own right is a self assured young female. She f
Lara Ryan
Jan 06, 2015 rated it liked it

Rachel Gunter
Feb 06, 2015 rated it liked it
I received a copy of Model Undercover: New York by Carina Axelsson from netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This is the sequel to Model Undercover: Paris, which I actually haven't read. However, I found that I picked up the storyline and the basics of the previous book quickly. I don't think it was really necessary to have read the previous book to enjoy this on.

So, Axelle is a 16 year old teenager, who finds herself in New York for fashion week as a model, but working undercover for th
Lakin
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
As you know, I'm always up for a good mystery! This one was full of a gorgeous black diamond with a unique history, a spunky undercover detective model, and a unique look into the dynamics of the fashion world. I enjoyed the dynamics between the characters and the fashion lingo, history, and well - fashion! I can't imagine keeping up with such a busy schedule, let alone keeping up with the schedule and still be able to solve a mystery. Everything was well described and easy to picture.
Toni
Dec 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Axelle, the young detective turned model, is back in another fashion mystery. This time the mystery is set in New York. It takes place not long after the mystery in book one which was in Paris. But you don't need to read book one in order to know what is going on. The author does a good job of really setting the scene and letting you know who is who.

This mystery is about a missing diamond. Cazzie is a fashion magazine editor who is doing a cover shoot with a slew of suspects present
Zee Monodee
Another delightful concoction from Carina Axelsson! You really don't need to have read the first book to get into this one - there's nothing really 'missing' and also, the author does an awesome job of putting you back into the loop without info dumping or giving the plot and resolution of the first book away.

I enjoyed this book, though the novelty of reading about the backstage of the fashion industry kinda dimmed in here - guess all that was all brand-new and novel in the first boo
Caroline
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Our teen detective/top model is back solving yet another mystery and if you enjoyed the first book in this series you will love this one too.
This time around Axelle is called to New York to try and find the missing black Amelia diamond which has gone missing from a Chic magazine photo shoot. All the characters from the first book are back: her model friend Ellie and love interest Sebastian who both help with the mystery again.
I really enjoy this series, love the mix between fashion a
Tammy
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
This is a book I won on goodreads as a First Read.

Interesting book so far. Axelle is 16 years old a model (sort of) and a detective. She uses the modeling to work her cases being a detective. Sebastian is a boy she is interested in and he has traveled from London to New York to help and her friend Ellie also. Cassie has lost a big well known diamond and Axelle has quite a job to find it as the thief sends texts with riddles and threats to cazzie and includes some threats towards Axelle as the c
Nina Harrington
This is a fun light read set in the glamorous and hard edged world of the New York fashion week.
Dripping with references to famous name US designers, this very British detective novel is written in the first person, so you are immediately given an inside look at the less than glamorous world of high end modelling.
Great fun but also insightful about how far some fashionistas will go for success.

I was provided a copy of this book through Netgalley in exchange for an honest
Caitlin
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The mystery in this book was a lot more complex than the one in the first book but that's what made it so good. I had ideas about who it could be but no solid evidence so I knew the mystery was more difficult because I knew for definite who the culprit was in the first book. I've read it non stop and it's had me hooked all the way through. I can't wait to read the third and final book but I don't want it to end. 5/5 stars
Annice22
Borrowed from Publisher/NetGalley for an honest review.

Fast paced and well written, this was fun to read. I enjoyed reading about Axelle trying to use her detective skills to solve the mystery as she dreaded having to do all of the actual modeling stuff. She loves trying to solve fashion mysteries but she has to put up with all that's involved with being a model as the only way to get access to those mysteries.

Melissa
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
This was a light read about Axelle, detective-turned model. This is apparently the second book in a series, but can be read as a stand-alone. This is told in the first person during NYC 's Fashion Week and shows the behind-the-scenes not so glamorous world of modeling. Enjoyed the storyline and characters and look forward to reading more from the author.

I was given this book in exchange for an honest review via NETGALLEY.
Jaymie
Jan 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another great mystery! I tried to just skim through this one to get to other things I need to read, but the story was so engrossing I had to read the whole thing carefully (and I still couldn't guess the culprit for sure!). Now I have to read #3!!
Melissa
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book!
Carina had be second guessing myself at every turn to who the thief actually was. My initial guess was correct though! Yay! Really looking forwards to reading the next book and seeing what adventures Axelle goes on next.
Katarina
Apr 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
loved it.
Sunwoo
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about an undercover model who slips in to catch a culprit who has been stealing the black diamond which is very precious and one of the best diamonds ever.
Julieta
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Oh Yeah, Audrey!
  • Family Pets
  • Letter from Paris
  • Project Paris (The Fashion-Forward Adventures of Imogene, #2)
  • Majix: Notes from a Serious Teen Witch
  • Everything Changes
  • Wilde's Army (Darkness Falls, #2)
  • Ciao (On the Runway, #6)
  • The Real Prom Queens of Westfield High
  • The Other Side of Summer (Gilmore Girls, #4)
  • I Love You, You Idiot (Gilmore Girls, #2)
  • So Into You (The Jane Austen Academy Series, #2)
  • Slumber (Slumber Duology #1)
  • Vows, Vendettas and a Little Black Dress (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #5)
  • Jennifer, Gwyneth & Me: The Pursuit of Happiness, One Celebrity at a Time
  • The Rise and Fall of a Theater Geek (Justin Goldblatt, #2)
  • Undercover with the Hottie
  • I'm No Angel: From Victoria's Secret Model to Role Model
Hi everyone,

I'm Carina Axelsson, author of the MODEL UNDER COVER and ROYAL REBEL book series.

Model Under Cover stars sixteen-year-old fashion detective, Axelle Anderson, and combines three of my favourite things: mystery, fashion and, of course, romance!

My love of detective fiction inspired me to write the series, and my experience as a former fashion model has inspired many of the s

Model Under Cover series (4 books)
  • Model Undercover: Paris