Jump to ratings and reviews

Redemption #3

Full Contact

When you can't resist the one person who could destroy you...

Sia O'Donnell can't help but push the limits. She secretly attends every underground MMA fight featuring The Predator, the undisputed champion. When he stalks his prey in the ring, Sia is mesmerized. He is dominant and dangerous and every instinct tells her to run.

Every beautiful thing Ray "The Predator" touches he knows he'll eventually destroy. Soft, sweet and innocent, Sia is the light to Ray's darkness-and completely irresistible. From the moment he lays eyes on her, he knows he's going to have to put his dark past behind him to win her body and soul.

304 pages, Paperback

First published April 7, 2015

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Sarah Castille

29 books3,135 followers
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author, Sarah Castille, writes contemporary erotic romance and romantic suspense featuring blazingly hot alpha heroes and the women who tame them. A recovering lawyer and caffeine addict, she worked and traveled abroad before trading her briefcase and stilettos for a handful of magic beans and a home near the Canadian Rockies.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
140 (3%)
1 star
43 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 316 reviews
Profile Image for XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy.
1,473 reviews434 followers
April 13, 2017
Audiobook review. Let me start by saying that I've read this series a bit out of order. Because of this, I might be getting a different angle than someone who read all the stories in order. In Rampage's story (the latest in the series), Ray comes off as an uber protective friend to the ladies in his life and his behavior with Sia in his own story falls in line with this ideal. There was an intensity about him that I really liked so I was excited to read his story.

The chemistry between Ray and Sia is there, but there's something missing for me and it's killing me not to be able to put my finger on it. Individually, I like Ray a lot. He is a man with secrets but he is put together. He understands his priorities and isn't afraid to go after what he wants. I liked Sia in the beginning. Someone who forges her own path and lives her life on her terms. She was dulled a bit by the influence of her past, but she seemed to bloom with Ray. Towards the end of the book, however, she was an endless source of frustration for me. In a way, I felt she regressed in her development and as a result, she fell in my esteem.

Much of the conflict in this story is internal, which makes it a bit difficult to balance the action or pacing that occurs. I think that's why this has not been my favorite of the bunch. I felt like it was moving on the slower end of the scale. After passing about 60% or so of the book, nothing memorable had happened to really hook me. Nevertheless, I like what I've read so far on the other characters and will continue the series. I am particularly interested in finding out more about Tag/"Fuzzy". I am really hoping he finally sees Shayla. I'm dying for her story. I'm not much a fan of Jess. Also, Dr.Death needs to settle down already lol

Safety: No others for either of them even though someone is interested in Sia pretty hardcore. Yes to rape. Yes to violence.

The narration was good. Except when they voice "Rampage". Not a huge fan of that interpretation. Tone and flow were strong.

Profile Image for Wendy'sThoughts.
2,632 reviews3,209 followers
January 24, 2015
Are you ready for a Hot, Feral, Smokin' MMA Undergroud Fighter named The Predator??? Are you prepared for some nasty, intense, smexy scenes only he can give...with a woman who's tattooing art touches him in all the right places...

If so... then you only have to wait till April to meet and greet this hunk...because that is when he is coming and it will be Full Contact ...nothing less.

Review closer to release...

A gifted copy was provided by Sourcebooks Casablanca via NetGalley for an honest review.

For more Reviews, Free E-books and Giveaways
357 reviews139 followers
February 7, 2015
~Arc provided by Sourcebooks Casablanca via Netgalley in exchange for honest review~

I can only blame myself for reading this book and then not enjoying it, because I requested it on Netgally even after I've read the comment from RT Book Reviews which described it as "Fifty Shades of Grey meets Fight Club." Having read the FSoG trilogy and the synopsis of this book I had some idea of what I can expect and I still read it despite knowing that Fifty Shades-alike stories don't work for me nowadays, so there's little wonder that neither did this one. I thought that this time might be different because of my weakness for MMA fighters and tattoo artists, but unfortunately it wasn't.

This is the third book in the Redemption series, but if you're interested- you can it read as a standalone just as I did. I must admit that I was even hooked at the beginning of the story and pretty sure after reading the first 20 % that this will be a 4 stars read for me, but then things (read: melodrama) started to escalate in the 2nd half of the book to the point that I even started skimming (mostly sex scenes), so my final rating is 2.5 stars. Btw. the only similarities of this book with Fifty Shades of Grey, in my opinion, are: one possessive and dominant alpha male (especially in the bedroom) afraid of commitment and a big amount of sex scenes.

You should definitely read this book:

- if you enjoy dark contemporary romances filled with sex and push & pull drama.
- if you enjoy stories with the setting in underground clubs/fights and tattoo parlors.
- if you are fans of MMA fighters and the thrilling fight scenes.
- if you have a weak spot for dominant, possessive and jealous alpha males.
- if you're a fan of tortured heroes.

Why it didn't work out for me:

- The biggest reason is because there was too much unnecessary (melo)drama for my taste.
- There were also too many repetitive sex scenes for my taste.
- I didn't find it sexy how the male MC spoke Tarzan-alike- talking about himself in the third person or shortening the sentences. His, at times, over-possessiveness didn't work for me too.
- While the female MC definitely had a stronger personality than Anna from FSoG, she also handled poorly some situations and had some immature and naive outbursts which tended to get on my nerves.

So, there you have it. If you find yourself more in the first group above, then I definitely recommend reading this book, but if you share the same plot and characterization "issues" with me, then I say: skip it!

This review is posted on Way Too Hot Books.
Profile Image for ♥Rachel♥.
1,803 reviews830 followers
April 8, 2015
3.5-4 Stars

Sia went through a tough incident five years back, one that changed her and her brother, Tag and continues to affect her relationships. But Sia can’t help the effect Ray has on her. He’s an intense MMA fighter and she’s spellbound by him. Sia is both attracted and scared by everything he represents: danger and dominance. Her past screams that she stay away from someone who could steal away her will and make her vulnerable, but she’s also highly turned on by the thought of being controlled and subdued.

Ray is dominant and likes to be in control, he wants to bring out the kinks that Sia is attracted to, but he’s also considerate and mindful of Sia’s past. Ray pushes her all the while keeping her grounded and helps her work through her fears. However, Ray has dark secrets of his own to contend with, secrets that can put Sia in danger if he gets involved with her. Their attraction negates the issues on both sides and soon they’re caught up in a whirlwind of desire and need, heedless to any warnings around.

Full Contact was a very hot and sexy read. Fans of dominant/submissive sort of relationships will enjoy Sia and Ray’s, although I wouldn’t categorize theirs as BDSM. Sia definitely craves dominance and someone who wants to take control, and Ray is happy to oblige! More than that, he feels compelled to control, so their needs are a perfect fit. Sarah Castille created smoking hot sexual chemistry between Sia and Ray making their sexy times gratifying and super hot! There were some very hot scenes, ones that will light your panties on fire, and had me squirming for sure!

While I liked Sia and I could understand her hesitancy in view of her past, some of her back and forth got annoying. Thankfully, it didn’t ever last for very long. Ray was a little bit of an enigma which is understandable considering the story was written from Sia’s POV. He came off like a typical alpha male which worked for me because I do love a nicely written alpha male. He reminded me of Kristen Ashley’s alpha men with the way he talked to Sia. I appreciated how unrelenting Ray was in pursuit of Sia and the fact he didn’t let her hang-ups scare him off.

Full Contact
was an addictive, intense romance with a little suspense and danger thrown in. I enjoyed the ride and look forward to Sarah Castille’s next story!

A copy was kindly provided by Sourcebooks Casablanca in exchange for an honest review.
March 29, 2015
Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

Nichole's Sizzling Reviews

Sizzling Pages @ Facebook

Really enjoyed another sexy read by Sarah. I had some moments that made me swoon and others that frustrated me so much from the back and forth on both Ray and Sia. I really loved some of the scenes where they opened up.. Just a couple of things that held me from 5 stars.
Still I'm totally claiming Torment aka Max as the winner by knockout..#1MaxFanForever
Profile Image for Princess J. Antoinette.
935 reviews76 followers
February 3, 2018
This is the first time I've read anything from this author and the book I read was the third book of the Redemption series. I didn't choose for it to happen that way, it was just picked by chance. I normally like to start with the first book of a series but I can say I really didn't miss anything vital or anything that would hinder me from liking this book by doing so.

Now I will give author Sarah Castille, her props she really wrote a very good read, because she kept me engaged and captivated through out the entire book. I loved our heroine Sia, because she picks herself up and dusted her self off and kept moving on with her life no matter the circumstances and persevered through her horrific tragedy. Now she did work my nerves a little with her indecisiveness and stubbornness but she eventually got over herself and open up to new and different but exciting things.

And we mustn't forget our sexy, possessive, and no nonsense, alpha male hero Ray. I loved him and how he just couldn't walk away from Sia, even though he tried to keep her safe. But in the end love always prevails. He was the epitome of a true hero.

I can even say I did like the secondary characters that were introduced in this book... The author really motivates you to want to read the other books of this series to learn more about these other people that effected Sia and Ray's lives.

So now for my special sauce... To best described this book with a song it would be:
🎶 Army of One 🎶 by ColdPlay

So my overall rating:
4.0* ~ Pretty Good Read
Profile Image for Gretchen.
855 reviews121 followers
February 17, 2017
4.5 stars!

Awesome story. Fantastic characters. Ultra hot sex. Drama and passion. Loved this. Devoured it!

Sia and Ray... holy wow these two! Demons from their past? Check! Passion, tension, drama. Check! This had it all. I loved the build throughout and as all of Ray’s details were learned. I loved him opening up and these amazing moments of vulnerability. I mean, this guy is so alpha and commanding it's crazy and super hot but those sweet moments, I was a goner. Sia. I liked her but she has things that were holding her back and every time I saw a piece of her past fall into place and chip away, I liked her more and more. She turned into this amazing, strong and confident woman and by the end, I loved her.

The build to these two getting together was crazy insane. There was a lot of push and pull happening but they had this incredible passion and it made for a really great story. I found it all very entertaining and it pretty much consumed me. And their chemistry, oh my, let's talk about the sex... I mean, wow. WOW. Epically hot. Passionate. Intense. Their connection was just off the charts.

I love the other characters in the story as well. I really this family the fighters have formed with so many personalities. I totally enjoyed a secondary story woven in with her brother and best friend, it was subtle and sweet.

I absolutely enjoyed this story. It had such a high entertainment factor to me. It has some drama, a bit of suspense, an intense love story, and hot MMA fighters. Great writing. Loved that build to the end... I was filled with so much anticipation throughout. I really liked the first two in the series, but this one, this one totally did it for me. If you need to get your MMA sexy fighter on with some drama, hotness, and redemption mixed in, then this is the read for you.

Complimentary copy received for honest review.
Profile Image for Jaime Fiction Fangirls.
1,578 reviews147 followers
February 17, 2015
How did I not know about this series until just now? I've really been missing out and now I have to go back and read the first two books in this series!! I saw another reviewer post that "The Club Redemption boys are all growly, alpha, MMA fighters" (Head Whore Miranduh) and I simply couldn't come up with a better description for Ray "The Predator" in this book.
I pretty much fell for him from the very first time he made an appearance. He had this really alpha, neanderthal way about him, especially when he spoke. His tone came across sort of clipped and aggressive but the words that came out when it counted the most were what made him particularly sexy. He's hot, he's athletic, he's smart and he can command a room with just a single word. Even just shouting "hand" or "voice" he always got his point across. He was unbelievably sexy and I was sad to read the last page of this book because I wanted more of him and Sia.
The writing was perfection and sucked me in so hard that I couldn't stop reading. I read this book in one sitting.
If you love a good MMA romance, you need to pick this book up ASAP!!

*I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
Profile Image for Sheryl C. Nash.
1,714 reviews431 followers
January 6, 2015
There are not enough adjectives to discuss HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS FREAKIN' SERIES!!! (Also not enough words to say how much I LOVE YOU Sarah Castille but that's another story!!)

ABSOLUTELY LOVED Ray; the PERFECT blend IMO of hot, tortured, kinky and yet amazingly sweet *LE SIGH*

Will write my review soon...

*ARC courtesy of Netgalley and Sourcebooks Casablanca*
Profile Image for Lover of Romance.
2,702 reviews779 followers
April 11, 2015
Summary
Sia O Donnell, loves watching the underground MMA fights, her brother is one of the teachers for Redemption, that is a group of fighters, including one sexy “Predator”. Predator also known as Ray, is powerful and agile as a panther, he can take down any opponent, and when she watches him all she can think of how it would be to have that sensual body in bed with her. She can see the dominant part of him and craves it, but she knows he would never see her. Sia hides who she is, she covers herself up with colored hair, and tats, and works as an artist at a tattoo parlor, but when Ray comes in for some work done on his body, she can’t resist temptation or his sexual dominance over her, or the way he makes her feel in a way she has never felt before. But her limits are about to be tested and not just the sexual ones, the inner most parts of herself and she will have to face her past in order to have a future with Ray…

The Hero
Ray, grew up as a “Military brat” and as such never knew his parents well and never was able in a place for long to make and keep friends. He grew up as a loner, but then like most military kids, he enlisted in the military, and ended up working for the government, but Ray loves dipping his fingers into all sorts of pies. He hasn’t had an easy life, its been rough and hard. He loves fighting with every part of himself, he feels alive and free. Ray aka “The Predator” is one sexy male. Oh my I almost had a stroke reading this story because really….he is “sex on wheels” literally. He has this aura to him that just makes you want to grab your man and make passionate love all night long. Whew…if I had one I would do that very thing after reading this. Ray has this animal magnetism that draws you to him, and the author portrays him just like that.

The Heroine
Sia O’Donnell, knows every man in the club known as “Redemption”, they are her brothers friends after all. However when her brother played ball, one of his teammates attacked and raped her, and ever since Sia struggles with relationships. She suffers panic attacks and can’t seem to get close to anyone sexually, until she meets Ray. Sia is a artist and used to paint on easels and had dreams for a career in Art. But now after her attack, she hides that part of herself in a closet, and does Tats for a job. She loves it, but you see how she doesn’t love it like she loves to paint. We see the damage emotionally and mentally an attack like this can affect a person, can keep them from living life fully. We see Sia develop in the story, in a way that is heart wrenching yet beautiful too. I loved Sia as the heroine, she is sassy and strong, curious about anything sexual and willing to try anything, and adores her family.

Plot and Story Line
Full Contact is the third in the series. Now I have had the opportunity to read a book from Sarah, but it is from her other series she is currently working on as well her Biker MC one, and boy was that a great story. And so when I heard high ratings on this story, and it is a new release just came out a few days ago, I just had to pick it up. This is a first for me reading a MMA romance. I think I am addicted now….and I can’t wait to delve into the series more. I believe it can be read as a stand alone, but I catch on quickly, but I never felt lost or disoriented in reading it, despite it being the third installment. Although after reading Full Contact I definitely have to read the previous two books because WOW…I just can’t wait. Especially since we see the other two couples take a part in this story which was delightful. I love it when in a series, you see connections and interactions and it isn’t separate from the other books. I have a feeling I will have a bunch of fun with those books as well. *crossing fingers*

So what I adored most about Full Contact was the way it developed from beginning to end. in the first part of the story, we see a sexual spark between Sia and Ray. And even from the first page, I knew it was going to be HOt. And boy was it ever! Way hotter than I expected, but it also was a story with plenty of substance and depth that I didn’t expect, just from the way it began. We do have a bit of a mystery with Ray, especially in the first half of the book, you have no clue what he really does for a living, but there is an aura of mystery and intrigue surrounding his character. Sia is a matter of fact character, she is bold and daring, and fights her own battles. She has many vulnerabilities too, and tries to hide that from everyone. She is humiliated and ashamed at times, and we see how Ray brings all of her out, both the good and the bad and brings a balance to her she never had before. Even though their relationship starts out very sexual and HOt…it definitely has plenty of in-depth focus, and you see how right they are for each other. You see how good they equal each other out, and we also see a development of a future book for Sia’s brother (I do hope his book is the next, because whew his is going to be a good one). We also see plenty of interaction from other members of the club, and you see the close bonds they have to each other. It’s a true brotherhood, a family of sorts, and it was quite fun becoming a part of that as your read this. The author is very talented at drawing you in and not letting go. It has some BDSM elements, but I found it to be very light, not super strong, but plenty of great steamy and rough sex …that goes with Sarah Castille’s style, but I loved every moment. You see how even in those steamier parts of the story, that they are bonding together and you feel it on the page.

The Cover
I actually quite like this cover, in the story I view him as a bit more bulkier in muscle. But I love the tattoo art on his shoulder, and that confident expression on his face…definitely matches the character in the story extremely well. I do love the color theme here too, with the golden hues at the top and the darker ones at the bottom.

Overall View
Full Contact is an intense romance that plenty of deep characters, thrilling action, and a rich voice that leaves you breathless. A tale that is completely and utterly ENTICING!! You are bound to be yearning for more!
Profile Image for Rosa Sharon (iScream Book Blog).
1,867 reviews293 followers
April 5, 2015
4.5 Soothing the savage beast stars...
Sarah Castille is one of my favorite authors. While the witty banter and laugh-out-loud humor is what initially drew me to her writing, it's not required to maintain my appreciation. While I'm totally in love with all the possessive, protective, sweet, cavemen that are the Redemption MMA fighters and staff, it's not all about them. This particular story went a little deeper, tackling a sensitive topic, and therefore is more on the serious side. I still enjoyed a few giggle-snorts at the caveman antics of the fighters with their crazy nicknames. I'd be really disappointed if there wasn't at least a taste of that in every book to keep me entertained. I really look forward to the 'mounting' scenes on the mat, and in the bedroom (wink-wink). I enjoy the reappearance of some of my favorite characters in each book and the development of new characters as the series progresses. As the Redemption Club becomes more successful and the facility grows in membership and amenities it opens the doors to more exciting possibilities for the future. I'm especially excited to see Tag work through his 'baggage' and open his eyes to what's been right in front of him all along. I just know that's gonna be in an upcoming book, right? Please?
FAVORITE QUOTE: "I was coming back the second I started walking away."
Profile Image for Lily.
261 reviews21 followers
May 13, 2021
Started off great. I loved both main characters.

But it's a little too cheesy with all the alpha, dominant, predator talk. The tough guys talk really weird, like bikers in MC romances do.

I liked that the hero started off charming and normal. But as the romance progresses, he just becomes more of a caricature. He even has a dead wife to explain his anguish. And there's too much sex to replace a real connection.

I really loved Sia's relationship with her bestfriend Jess though and the writing style when Jess talks sense into Sia is really cute. I think it this novel was less showy, it could've been really good. As it is, it just reads like one long justification for liking alpha males in romance to someone who doesn't want to hear it lol.

At one point, the hero yells out "Hand!" when another man is touching Sia's arm at a party, and Sia acusses him of being "OTT"....nothing like this would happen outside of a cheesy romance. No one even knows what OTT means, no one uses alpha and beta in everyday conversion, no one talks like that without looking ridiculous.
Profile Image for Liz at Fictional Candy.
470 reviews57 followers
April 8, 2015
Not too long ago I read about Sarah Castille's bikers in mc romance Rough Justice. I thought I loved her then. But now I've met her MMA underground fighters and I am completely smitten, and a bit worked up - in all the best of ways. Sarah Castille brought the dirty to this romance in Full Contact, and I loved it.

This book was fantastic. With characters named things like Hammer Fist, Doctor Death, Rampage, Torment, and The Predator, how can you not fall in love? Ok ok, those are their fighter names, but they totally fit their personalities. And even though Full Contact is actually book 3 in the series, I wasn't lost - but I was a bit regretful I hadn't read the previous books.

Full Contact is all about Sia (love her name!) and The Predator, a.k.a. Ray. It's rough and dirty and adrenalin filled. Sia has had a bad past including assault. It totally changed her entire life from the type of art she did to the clothes she wore. She's a bit guarded now, unwilling to let anyone in who might trigger her PTSD. But even so, she's been drooling over The Predator for quite some time. Now fantasy becomes reality for Sia, and she has to face her fears and her fantasies. As a person, I like Sia. The Predator isn't the only one fighting in Full Contact. She is completely trying to take her life back, and bit by bit she is doing so. With every small victory she gets for herself I want to give her a fist bump. Go on Sia, you go girl!

As for The Predator.... ok ok, Ray. I like him too. But I think I would have a hard time calling him "Ray". I could see myself in bed - or anywhere - yelling out "Oh Predator!!" Hahaha. He's got secrets. And a lifetime of guilt he has placed on himself. He's got his own walls to break down. And with the help of his "beautiful girl", those walls are quickly crumbling. He is a man who knows what he wants, and he fights for it... well, as much as he can.

Of course, problems come. There are things that tear the couple apart. Couple that with his secrets, her PTSD, and just the regular trials of having a relationship, and it makes for a bumpy ride. On the highs of the rollercoaster you have super huge smiles, contentment, and lust that could burn a mountain down in 10 seconds flat. But when you get to the lows of that coaster there is distrust, even more secrets, danger from outside forces and possessive behavior that is sometimes appreciated and sometimes not. It's a rough ride for these two, and they earn their happiness together.

Sarah Castille wrote a wonderful and exciting book here. If you are into MMA guys, then I think you should definitely read this. If you are into tattoos (hey, Sia is a tattoo artist - and a kick ass one at that) and heartache and lust and love, then you should read this book. I was completely engrossed in the story and the characters. I can't wait to see what happens for the next couple, but in the meantime I am TOTALLY going back and checking out the first two books. So yeah, this is definitely going on my "Fucking read this now!" list. Sarah Castille doesn't hold back, and that is just the way I love it.
Profile Image for Amy .
2,672 reviews
November 26, 2015
I’m going to keep this review short and sweet. Full Contact was a really enjoyable read for me. I loved Ray and Sia’s story. The last few years of Sia’s life has been anything but easy. She now finds herself living in the shadows and taking the easy way out. The last thing she was prepared for was Ray. Ray was quite, but an excellent fighter. Total alpha male. From the moment he met Sia, he knew he had to have her. She brought light into his life and made him want to leave all the darkness behind.

This book pulled me into the from the first page. Once I started reading, I didn’t want to put it down. The characters were fun and easy to connect with. I loved the side characters and there are a few that I’m hoping will get their own stories.I thought Full Contact was sexy, full of steam, angst, romance, action and suspense. I will warn you though, that this book does deal with some tough subject matter. Overall, I really enjoyed this book and can’t wait to get my hands on the next one.

* I received a copy of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*
Profile Image for Emily.
4,844 reviews516 followers
April 15, 2015
From the sidelines Sia O'Donnell has managed to quietly admire her longtime crush, The Predator. She knows it is dangerous to be at the underground MMA matches, but it gives her a raw inspiration for her tattoos she designs. Believing Ray, The Predator, has never noticed her she is surprised when he talks to her after a match.

The chemistry is instant, but both Sia and Ray have shadows that are keeping them both on a thin line as they explore what they mean to one another. Will they be able to push past the lingering issues, or is it just a matter of time before it pulls them apart.

Loved Ray, he is intense, raw, and charismatic. Sia is an intriguing character she is not what you expect and as the story unfolds you see the layers to her character revealed. Great story looking forward to more from Sarah Castille.
Profile Image for Nancy.
17 reviews
July 18, 2014
OMG!OMG!RAY is getting his own story. Loved him in In Your Corner, especially how protective he was with Penny:

Penny: "If I want to dance around the cage, that's my business."
Ray: "You just try to dance around the cage, Pen. I'll be all over your ass. We gotta find you a man who will look after you. A good man. Someone who'll treat you right."
Penny: "I had a man."
Ray: "You had a worm."

EEEEEE! I can hardly wait!
Profile Image for Renee Booth.
389 reviews43 followers
November 28, 2022
HOLY WOW!!! I LOVE Ray! He makes me all giddy and gooey inside. He’s even better the second time around.

No matter how many times I read this book, it’s like the first. I love my Ray

- Oh my, the audio book! I swear my sheets almost caught on fire. Still love my Ray, maybe even more now!
April 22, 2019
Heroine was raped when a teen and has major issues because she 1) had to hide the whole situation and basically no one other than her brother and best friend know what happened. No closure no justice. 2) Do rape victims ever go back to "normal"? Life is forever changed and they live in fear until they are finally able to get closure and a semblance of a normal life.

Anyway... on to the story. She has the hots for one of the fighters but also has major trusts issues..especially with her own judgement. Doesn't help that said hot fighter has even more major issues and secrets. Yet they are drawn irresistibly together and into hot hardcore dominant/submissive sex. Fighters' secret life gets in the way and heroine is dragged into it's dangerous arms.... can their love survive?

It was a good read... seemed to depend on lots "dirty/naughty" explicit sex talk to keep you pulled into the story... I didn't particularly care for the "stilted/dumb man" type talk the author gave the Hero.. I mean, come on, he could still be Alpha male and speak intelligently! Might read some of the other books in this series.
Profile Image for t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ aka Barbara.
1,017 reviews132 followers
March 25, 2015
I was so excited to receive this novel from Sarah Castille via Netgalley since I am a huge fan of her writing and this series in particular. I was even more excited that I got everything I was looking for from this book and more!

The series is based around the MMA gym Redemption and it's fighters. In the first two books we get the story of the owner of the gym and it's top ranked fighter, in this story we are branching out to another one of the fighters who fights strictly underground. We met him in "On the Ropes" his fight name is Predator and he definitely is one. The heroine is the sister of Fuzzy the cop who teaches classes at Redemption, Sia.

In this novel SC adds a bit more darkness into her storyline and into the characters themselves and a more gritty feel to the gym and fights. Her main male character Ray aka Predator is surrounded by mystery but has a definite BDSM leaning. That being said those initials were never mentioned in this book nor any of the words connected with them. SC's point I think is that a bit of tying up and control isn't really BDSM play. The hurt during sex has roots that are pointed out and resolved before the end of the book and I think the spanking threats were pure sexy-time fun. I know RT's review compared the book to "Fifty Shades of Grey" but I think they are way off. It seems any book with the slightest BDSM elements get that comparison and it is not true. This story, setting and characters are nothing like those in FSoG and I think it is a disservice to the author and potential readers to draw this parallel. *ok off my high horse*

I enjoyed Ray, he is not the most verbal of hero's and his alphaness borders on Neanderthal but with his work history (what we learn of it) and his military background it really isn't that unbelievable. Ray is very much a control freak and is a definite "MINE" guy but I think if you love over the top alphas like I do you will love "The Predator". Sia too is a damaged personality, a survivor who hasn't be able to let go of her trauma and at times comes across a bit spineless and I admit that did get on my nerves a bit. I got a bit annoyed when she kept comparing the Ray "Predator" to wild life predators. I got it the first time by the third time I was over having the parallel drawn. By the end of the story Sia had an epiphany as she grew throughout the book and I liked her and related to her, she was a great mate for Ray.

Overall I enjoyed the edgeyness to this novel and liked all the characters. I think using the underground fights as a vehicle to not only move the story forward but to mark the changes in the main characters relationships was genius. Thanks for another great read Sarah Castille! A 4 star read for me and a recommendation to those who enjoy MMA novels with a bit of darkness. Can't wait for the next book...I hear it is going to be about Shayla! woot! FULL CONTACT releases April 7, 2015 and you can preorder it here
Profile Image for Paranormal Kiss.
781 reviews27 followers
March 1, 2015
3.5 Stars - Quite good.

Full Contact by Sarah Castille is the 3rd book in her Redemption series. I haven’t read the previous two books and I had no problems following along, though this story did make me curious to read those books as well. Full Contact is an erotic MMA romance between Ray the “Predator”, an underground fighter and Sia, a tattoo artist. They are both damaged and their emotional baggage adds a few bumps along the way. Their romance is intensely sexual and volatile. I would have like to have seen a little less focus on sex and a little more on emotion.

The sex scenes in Full Contact do, at times, include a bit of BDSM and pain. The BDSM was light and not a big part of the sex. The pain was more about self-punishment and edged slightly outside my personal comfort zone. It’s also something that was resolved to my satisfaction.

Overall, I liked Full Contact. It is well written and it draws you in. It’s a bit dark and violent with moments of humor and softness. The romance is almost caveman like. Ray is full of testosterone and he dominates his fights. Predator is a good fight name for him because it fits. He gets close to Sia and then he pounces. Okay, I may be exaggerating slightly there, but not really. He had some moments where I really liked him, particularly when he was helping Sia through a panic attack. I liked him best when he was open and caring. He had a tendency to be cryptic and distant. I completely understood Sia’s frustration with him. At the same time she had her own moments of being unyielding and pushing him away, so it was a two way street.

I liked Sia. She had some major issues to work through in this novel, Ray did as well. They helped each other work through those issues and that is where this book shined. It was a pleasure to see these two damaged souls struggle to overcome their heartache and succeed, together.

I would recommend Full Contact to fans of the series and fans of MMA romance.

*ARC (Advanced Review Copy) received from the publisher, SOURCEBOOKS Casablanca, via NetGalley.
April 11, 2015
Blog Banner photo banner2_zps0a9ef8c3.jpg
Looking for a very hot and sexy book? Looking for a hot Alpha MMA fighter that will knock your panties off? Looking for a book that is about healing, loving, and redemption? Look no further, Full Contact by Sarah Castille is the book that delivers all of these things and more.

Full Contact is the third book in the Redemption Series by Sarah Castille. Each book can be read as a stand alone romance or can be read in series order. Either way this book is going to capture your attention and keep you glued to the pages.

Sia O’Donnell is a broken soul. She had a horrific experience five years earlier that left her broken, fearful, and an observer of life rather than a participator. Her only solace is her work as a tattoo artist. Another one of her secret passions is watching MMA fights and one fighter in particular. She knows he is out of her league and beyond what she can handle, but her fascination with him is the fuel for her fantasies. When she finally meets Ray “The Predator” Black face to face, the rules of engagement may change.

Ray has his own demons that haunt him. Fighting is a way to keep his demons at bay. Outside the cage he keeps people at arms length and never gets close to anyone. That is until he meets Sia O’Donnell. He wants to dominate this woman in the most decadent and fulfilling way.

Can Sia overcome her fears and allow Ray to dominate her. Can she let him go where no other man has been by choice? Can Ray let go of his guilt and redirect his feelings into something that will heal his soul?

Together these two will find something worth letting go for, worth fighting for, and worth surrender. They will find true love and passion.

I really enjoyed this book. It had the right amount of humor, the right amount of angst, and the right amount of red hot passion. The main characters and secondary characters were full of life and jumped off the pages.

I highly recommend Full Contact by Sarah Castille.

Profile Image for Red Cheeks Reads.
2,149 reviews367 followers
March 23, 2015
Holy Moly, I am in love Sarah Castille's writing and this amazingly awesome sexy as hell alpha fighter series. I was really excited for Full Contact because I knew I was going to get a heavy does of alpha book boyfriend and they happen to be my very favorite type of book boyfriend right after asshole book boyfriends. But I have some good news Ray was a heaping pile of both alpha and asshole so he is kinda my dream guy and he absolutely stole the show for me.

"Been a while?"
"Kind of a personal question, don't you think?"
"Ah well, then. Wouldn't want to get personal while my fingers are in your pussy. Maybe I'll take them out and we can talk."

Being all mean while you talk dirty?! Yes, please and thank you, Ray!
On top of Ray's total awesomeness, this story was just amazing. It was action-packed, had a bit of a mystery and touched on some very serious and emotional subject matter. What I am saying is, is that this story was loaded with angst and sentiment. It was definitely romantic and swoon worthy.

"You can't protect me from everything, Ray."
"I can try."

Throw in some ridiculously provocative and sensuous sexy time and you have an instant hit for me.

"Lighting flashes. Thunder roars. Rocking my hips, I meet Ray's thrust until I am mindless, awash in sensation. Free."

Lord, this series is scintillating. I simply adore it. Sarah's writing is top notch and her characters extremely lovable. Her stories are full of emotive content with a good dash of action on the side. She writes a damn good alpha male too! She is right up there with Kristen Ashley for me. All of the books in this series can be read as standalones but you will definitely enjoy them more if you you read them in order. I didn't realize how much I missed Torment until he popped into this book so read them in order if you can! This one is a Five Star read for me complete with gorgeous HEA!
~Amie
Profile Image for Carmen Rae.
1,421 reviews163 followers
April 16, 2015

From the start this series could be counted on for sexy, uber alpha fighters, who love as hard as they fight. And this book was no different. The characters are awesome, the storylines are addictive and the writing is perfect. And we get to see a little more of our favourites as well as a few of our not so favourites.

Sia is the much loved and very over protected sister of Fuzzy, who has been quietly lusting over the very sexy Predator forever. What she doesn’t realise is Predator more than lives up to his name and not only has he noticed Sia’s fascination he has his own and is more than willing to make her his prey.

As with all of the sexy men of Redemption once Ray AKA Predator set his sights on Sia she didn’t have a chance. But with both of them bringing enough baggage to fill a plane neither of them is prepared to let this be more than a quick itch scratch.

But of course there is always a twist and you will just have to read the book to find out about it.

However I will tell you Ray lived up to his fellow fighters with his uber-alpha talk and his claims of mine more than enough to keep me squirming and page flipping until it was done.

And now I am just praying we will finally get a book for Fuzzy or Doctor Death or well really any of them would be good as long as it’s soon

Be sure to check out other reviews on our blog by clickingRIGHT HERE
Profile Image for  Reading In Pajamas .
1,032 reviews106 followers
April 17, 2015
✦Blog Tour, Review & Giveaway: Full Contact by Sarah Castille http://wp.me/p3d0RZ-2ks
Publication Date: April 7, 2015
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Donna
Rated: 4.5 Stars

REVIEW:
I loved this book from start to finish. It is filled with the harsh world of underground fighting, danger and hot hot sex. The background stories kept me guessing, wondering and sometimes frustrated but that was the thrill of it. Then you add in all the alpha males at Redemption and I didn’t stand a chance. The only part that disappointed me was I thought the ‘We’re together, we’re not together' thing went on too much and Sia says and feels something at the critical part of the book that bothered me a lot. Thankfully the happily ever after came and made it all better. All in all a great smoking hot romance and a fun series.

*Review copy provided by Sourcebooks in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for D.C..
Author 13 books92 followers
April 6, 2015
This was a great, GREAT book.

FULL CONTACT is a fabulous and gripping new story by Sarah Castille. I couldn't put this story down, and it had everything I wanted in a great story: lots of tension, gripping suspense, laugh out loud lines, and chemistry enough to sizzle the pages. Ray and Sia are two characters that, by the end of the book, will make you feel as if you've met new friends. You'll root for them, while at the same time, curse each barrier that pops up.

The writing will pull you in with each passing word, and once you're finished reading, it'll be a story that sticks with you for weeks!
Profile Image for Catherine Anderson.
11 reviews5 followers
April 5, 2015
Sia is such an amazing character, she goes through so many transformations from page till the end. Sarah Castille really brings it in this third book in the series.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 316 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.