Start by marking “His Kind of Trouble (Beauty and the Brit, #2)” as Want to Read:
His Kind of Trouble (Beauty and the Brit, #2)

His Kind of Trouble

(Beauty and the Brit #2)

Monica Campbell may have a history as a wild child, but she’s changed her ways. She’s responsible, and most importantly, she’s sworn off bad boys. That is, until filthy rich Cal Hughes shows up with his sexy British accent and killer smile.

Cal remembers every steamy moment he shared with Monica years ago, but he barely recognizes the straight-laced woman she has become. D
Mass Market Paperback, 416 pages
Published November 3rd 2015 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about His Kind of Trouble, please sign up.
Rachel It should be up for pre-order on Amazon now. It was originally scheduled to come out fall 2013, so maybe that was the trouble?

Heather / Obsessed With Myshelf
Give me a British millionaire who knows how to get his hands dirty ANY DAY IF THE WEEK. Callum is sex on wheels and I’d love to take him for a ride. Don’t worry, Monica does plenty of that on my behalf in this book.

Monica used to be wild. She used to fall all over bad boys, make bad choices, wake up with hangovers and regrets, rinse and repeat. When she first met Callum she was right in the middle of her Wild Days. They practically have sex in the middle of a garden outside of her father’s weddi
Alyse
Nov 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
For more reviews (and if you liked this one), PLEASE follow my blog:

Four years ago, Monica Campbell hit her rock bottom. Since then she has made a conscious effort to lose her bad girl ways. She's determined to be a respectable, responsible adult. She earned her master's degree and now works for the charitable organization that was started in her mother's honor. Also, she now only dates respectable, responsible men. No more bad boys with no jobs for her. The Calum H
Irene
4 satisfying stars

I really enjoyed His Kind of Trouble.

The plot was entertaining, the characters were likable and very relatable.
I enjoyed watching Monica and Cal open up their hearts, put their walls down and find love when they least expected it.

Terri L Austin has written a heartwarming, beautiful romance that will touch your heart and leave you full of happy feels.

Thank you SOURCEBOOKS Casablanca via NetGalley for the advance copy.
Lisa Mandina
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
A fun read. Hard to put down. Now to read the other books in the series.
RoloPoloBookBlog
His Kind of Trouble by Terri L. Austin
Book #2: Beauty and the Brit Series
Source: Purchase & Netgalley
My Rating: 5/5 stars
My Review:

Balls and bugger!!! I loved this read!!!! Now that I have that business out of the way on to the why of it all.

Monica Campbell made her appearance in book one, His Every Need and she was a thoroughly unpleasant human. At just 18 years old, Monica was a wild child on every level. The drinking, the sex with virtual strangers, the drugs, and the frequent disappeara
Amy
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book for free from the Publisher at NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

I seem to be reading more of this genre lately, and I'm quite glad I read this one. The story itself is a little different to the usual "catch a billionaire" storyline.

What did I like? I liked how Monica was relatable as a character. Yes, she has her flaws. After going through hard times, she makes a lot of mistakes in her life w
Darlene Avery
Sep 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC Review:
His Kind of Trouble by Terri L. Austin

His Kind of Trouble is one of those story's that is both raw and gritty in places, and heartwarming in others.

Monica Campbell is young woman still dealing with the loss of her beloved mother to cancer, although the rest of her family seems to be moving forward. She is rebellious in the beginning and wears on her older sisters patience, as she tries to finds way to cope with the changes taking place around her.

Enter bad boy Calum Hughes. Calum/Cal
Ruthie Taylor
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the second in the series - and I have to admit I liked it a lot more that the first one!

Although Cal starts off somewhat misogynistic like his cousin Trevor (subject of book 1), he soon becomes much more appealing!

His un-peeling of Monica's protective layers is both sweet and very hot. As we learn more about her, and how life has become so carefully controlled, it is difficult to fault his attempts. These two d
Maria Rose
It took me a bit to connect with the hero of this story, and as a result I wasn't as invested in the outcome for this couple at the start. But as the story progressed, I liked them better together. Monica's personal growth in dealing with the death of her mother was well written. There was definitely some sexual chemistry between the couple and lots of steamy scenes for them together. A sweet ending and a happy ever after round out a solid romantic story, for this couple that go through their sh ...more
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads Netgalley eARC Review:

His Kind of Trouble took my breath away as well as had me giggling, sighing, and squirming with pleasure! The cover alone caught my attention and I knew right away, that this book was going to be GOOD and I was NOT disappointed. I loved the delicious sexual content, the chemistry between the hero and heroine as well as the general storyline.

A definitely Well-written story with glorious characters, and a romance that is both wicked and sincerely sweet
Larissa Reinhart
If you love sexy, British bad boys, this book's for you. Terri L Austin delivers another sassy, smexy smash in her Beauty and the Brit series. The hero, Cal, is looking to entice his ex-lover Monica back into bed. Monica's put away her bad boy days, but finds Cal's attentions hard to resist. I also really enjoyed continuing with the Campbell sisters as they put their lives back together after their mother's death.
A fun romance with a lot of heat, perfect for a Las Vegas setting.
Heather andrews
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cal has some big balls, and Monica I'm not sure that girl knows what to make of him, “you’re a piece of work, asking me out and talking about blowjobs, with my ex sitting three feet away from us.” Cal really does not think highly of himself, “I’m pondering. I look so good naked, I should bless the world and walk around like this all the time, don’t you agree?” I liked this book Cal was funny and hot.
Tita
Jul 29, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: stoped-midway
everyone seems to love this book but its just not doing it for me... they had 1 kiss at Monica's dad's wedding, met once! and never forgot about eachother even after 5 fucking YEARS?? are you shitting me?? This book is so unrealistic and the story is boring. . it bored me... im sorry im ranting.. but it bored me so bad i couldn't finish it.. stopped midway...
Rachel
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I didn't think I'd have much sympathy for Monica after everything that happened in the first book, but Austin definitely won me over. This series just keeps getting better.
Beanimous
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was such a pleasant surprise, how good this book is.

I particularly likes the dialogue, it was perfectly witty and masterfully written.
The character is expertly written, especially Calum. I have known English guys whom talked and acted just like Calum, the careless attitude, the unconventional sexiness, the arrogance, the wittiness, the forever messy, too-longhair, the smouldering look, the loafer with tussles, no socks and oh! Let’s not forget the bright blue suit, expertly tailored of course
teresa
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice sequel

Read the first, liked it enough to buy the second. It did not disappoint. The chemistry between Cal and Monica was off the charts hot. Not to crazy about how Allie was presented, in the first book she was caring, not autocratic. Enjoyed this one enough to buy the third book.
Karen Qayoom
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love a British millionaire!!!!!!! Very good book. Steamy in all the right places. We get to see a little of Allie and Trevor from the first book. Good storyline. Terri is an author to watch out for.
Sandra Randall
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was fantastic. Loved it. On to the next
Janet Robel
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great contemporary romance! I liked the characters right away and love the way the story starts.
Cassidy Louise
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Was skeptical after the first book, but I fell in love with these two even faster. Couldn’t put it down !! Favorite of the three hands down.
Katinka (Unquietly Me)
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
HIS KIND OF TROUBLE by Terri L. Austin is a sexy, second-chance, contemporary romance about a woman afraid of listening to her heart and a man who has spent most of his life running from hurt and disappointment.

After Monica Campbell's mother died from cancer, Monica grew up angry and self-destructive--drinking, doing drugs, and getting involved with all the wrong men, bad boys and bikers, and relationships going nowhere. When she meets hot as sin, leather-clad, Calum Hughes, at her father's wedd
Mandy
This ARC review copy was kindly provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I had such a fun time reading this book! This is actually the second book in the Beauty & The Brit series and I didn’t have a problem picking up right in the middle of this series without feeling like I missing something in the previous book. This installment follows Monica Campbell and Calum Hughes and how they find everything they need in life in themselves and each other.

Monica is a self-professed forme
Jeannie Zelos
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing

His Kind of Trouble, Terri Austin

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre:  romance,

I loved Terri's first in this series, His Every Need, and at the end there was a sample of this one and I was keen to read. we see Monica a bit in the first book, now in this one we meet a different version of her, a more subdued, watered down Monica. what’s made her like this? Cal can’t believe how much she’s changed and he doesn’t feel its for the better. He thinks she’s existing now whereas the Monica he m
ItsAboutTheBook
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: holly
Review can be read at It's About The Book

A great story about second chances, this hot and complicated romance made me want to find more from this series–and I think you will too!

Monica had lost more than a parent when her mother died. She’d lost her sense of security, her dad had basically disappeared, and her older sister had turned into a stern taskmaster instead of a playmate. Acting out had only gotten her into trouble, and when she’d finally pushed over the line in one catastrophic even
Judy
I discovered Terri Austin with her Rose Strickland Mystery series a couple of years ago. I enjoyed her work so much, that I was happy to follow her into a new genre. In His Every Need, we are introduced to the Campbell sisters of Las Vegas. They had recently lost their mother after a long battle with breast cancer. When their father lost their house to Trevor Blake, British tycoon, Allie went to plead their case. This book centers around the middle daughter, Monica and Calum, cousin to Trevor.

T
Mignon Mykel
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 / 5 stars

Five years ago, Monica and Cal met -- but during a time in Monica's life where she was the wild child, the one who hadn't a care in the world. Her father remarrying was a sore spot that she wasn't afraid to show off -- which likely added in her wild-child, acting out ways. When bad boy Cal ends up at the wedding, her eye is drawn to him -- and later, if it weren't for her sister putting a stop to it, she would have done more than kiss him in the garden.

He's back now -- but she's cha
Tanya
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
If there is anything sexier than a bad boy its a bad boy with an English accent. This book was an enjoyable fast read with a sexy Brit and a woman who thinks she needs to be perfect. We first met Monica in book 1 of the series, His Every Need, and she was a troubled teen whose mother had just died and she was lost and rebelling. Book 2 picks up a few years later and she has changed, a lot. She is struggling to be someone she thinks everyone wants her to be and she is just miserable. Enter the s ...more
Shelly Ash
Monica had a wild moment or two with Cal, but she’s not that same person anymore. Now she’s responsible and straight-laced. No more bad boys for her. They only get her into trouble and that’s not the way her mother would have wanted her to live her life. Cal’s back in town. He can hardly believe he’s run into Monica again, but she’s changed. She seems buttoned up and cold hearted, but he knows he can find the old, free-spirited Monica. He just has to convince her to loosen up a little bit…

His Ki
Amanda
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Once I picked up this book I really resented whenever I had to put it down. It had been awhile since I read the first book in the series and I wasn't sure what to expect with this one (don't worry if you haven't read the first book you'll still be able to understand this one but it will make more sense if you've read the first one). I did get a little confused by the big lapse of time between the first book and this one but the story couldn't have occurred any other way. Having the big lapse in ...more
Jaime Fiction Fangirls Book Review
Jaime's Review
4.5 Stars
I adored this book. I mean really how could I not?

Calum is a British bad boy who doesn't put down roots and refuses to conform to his family's expectations. Monica is a bad girl turned responsible adult whose focus on life is showing her sister that she's not the problem child she once was. They had a brief sort-of hook-up five years prior, but the sparks are still flying between them when they bump into each other again.

I love how Calum fights to get Monica to try to let
  • The 12 Slays of Christmas
  • Forgive & Forget (Love in the Fleet, #1)
  • Double Dip (Davis Way Crime Caper, #2)
  • Still Life in Brunswick Stew (A Cherry Tucker Mystery Book 2)
  • Rope Burn (Boot Knockers Ranch, #5)
  • Midnight Mysteries:
  • Hard: A Military Stepbrother Romance
  • Legend of Love (Muse Chronicles, #2)
  • 30 Days
  • Plow (Brighten Sister's Duet Book 1)
  • Coming Home for Christmas: A Christmas in Paradise\O Christmas Tree\No Crib for a Bed
  • Going All In (Heat Wave,  #4)
  • Hard Ride #3: A Novel in Three Parts (Ready to Ride #4c)
  • Deadly Dram  (Whisky Business Mystery #3)
  • Unplugged: A Bad Boy Rockstar Romance
  • Baller's Baby
  • A Field Guide To Catching Crickets
  • Unfettered (Overwatch, #1)
Terri lives in Missouri with her family. She loves to hear from readers. Drop her a note at TerriLAustin.com.

Beauty and the Brit (4 books)
  • His Every Need (Beauty and the Brit, #1)
  • To Be His (Beauty and the Brit, #1.5)
  • His to Keep (Beauty and the Brit, #3)
“I’ll see you tomorrow night.”
Be ready," he said. “I’ll have something special planned.”
"I thought you didn’t make plans.”
"You’re an exception to my rules, Monica Campbell.”
3 likes