Start by marking “Called by Fire (The Watchtower Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Called by Fire (The Watchtower Chronicles, #1)

Called by Fire (The Watchtower Chronicles #1)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  94 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Kamryn Vale is a Dahnan witch who wants nothing more than to complete her studies in the World Between and return to her normal life. But when a sister-witch is murdered and another kidnapped, Kamryn discovers a dark magic so terrifying it threatens the safety of both her worlds. Driven by the need to help in the investigation, Kamryn must deal with the complications of wo ...more
Published April 22nd 2014 by Momentum

Mara
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: pnr, arc

Called by Fire's blurb made me think it was the moment to break my book slump (at last!). Even if I can't really say I loved this book (it was not the type of PNR I usually like), I must admit it charmed me with its mix of Potteresque school of magic and the fluffy, funny kind of leit-motive some PNR have.

It does have a few of my nits, mostly the pacing and the insta-lust. The feel of the book would be very much YA, as clearly both the heroines and the hero are young (when not in age, in attit
Heather andrews
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First impressions sure can be fun, "this isn't a chamber, it's a linen closet with a hipbath." She place an imperious hand on his chest and tried to shove him away. "Close your mouth and put some clothes on." Ooh, pretty and feisty. Capturing the witch's hand, Alex pressed closer, his chest pushing against her generous breasts and his hips canted away so she couldn't feel his rock-hard erection." I loved Alex and his focus for Kam, "I mean it, Kam." He tightened his grip. "I don't know how we'll ...more
Jodi
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was an amazing story, full of action, mischief and sex.

Kamryn Vale is a Dahnen Witch whose element happens to be fire. She lives with her Quatre consisting of an Air Witch, an Earth Witch and a Water Witch.  They are the best of friends and the very definition of soul sisters.  They live together at the Collegium where they are approaching the end of their studies and hope to graduate soon. They are each powerful in their own right, but together they are a force to be reckoned with.

One da
Shelly
Jan 09, 2015 rated it liked it
This novel focuses on the Collegium that is located in the World Between, a protected realm accessed only by magical doorways from Earth. These doorways are controlled by the Primus, twelve senior Witches who rule Sarras, a territory in the World Between.

The book begins with our heroine, Kamyrn Vale, a third year fire Witch running from Sentinel Braddock. Fleeing from Braddock, Kam hides in the only unlocked room in the hall and disturbs Alexander’s bath. I think you can see where this is going!
April Hollingworth
Review Courtesy of April Hollingworth

This is Delwyn Jenkins first novel and I can’t wait for her next, as this book is so captivating and wonderful. She manages to bring you into the story. I loved it and highly recommend this book to be read and Delwyn Jenkins name to be added to your must read authors list.

Opening Scene:

One day prior to the full moon
Kamryn Vale was running for her life.

The Review:

Kam just wants to get on with her studies and have no hassle from Sentinel Braddock, but the Senti
Jennifer  (BTH Reviews)
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
*This review originally appeared on our old blog. I have made some minor changes to the review.

**Although I received a free copy via Netgalley for review consideration, my opinions are my own.

Kamryn Vale is a Dahnan witch, completing her training at Collegium, set in the World Between, another realm “accessed by magical doorways.”

Kam meets Alex, a Watchtower Knight, and learns one friend was murdered, not left school like she had been told, and another friend has been kidnapped.

Kam and Alex h
Shauni
Originally reviewed for Tea and Book

WOW! I love when I discover a new author who totally and completely blows me out of the water! And Delwyn Jenkins did just that, in her very first book!

Called by Fire has all the makings of the beginning of a series but reads well as a stand alone. I admit it's just wishful thinking as for the series.

Kamryn Vale is a Dahnan witch finishing up her training in the In Between. She's a powerful fire witch who tries to stay out if trouble. Only life is never that s
Anniek
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kamryn Vale is a fire witch who lives with her roommates at the Collegium. This is an academy for Dhanan witches where they can learn to control their power. After a witch graduates she will have her full powers and will return to her home in the world below. Kamryn and her roommates are a very powerful group of witches. Containing all the elements earth, fire, air and water.

When one witch has been murdered and another one is missing the primus witches who rule the school have no choice but to b
Jeannie Zelos
May 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Called by Fire, Delwyn Jenkins.
Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews
I love paranormal romance so this was a novel I was looking forward to. Kamryn, fire witch in training, was a great female lead. Strong and gutsy, not one of those TSTL ladies, I can't stand those. So she was perfect to play against Alex, the Knight and male lead. He was a well written character too, strong, courageous and yet had the “old scholar” gentlemanly thing going on, which fitted well with the fact he was hundreds of y
Naurarwen
Aug 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I wasn't really sure what to expect when I started reading this story but I'll admit the cover did intrigue me. We start the story being introduced to Kamryn Vale, or Kam to her friends who is "running for her life" but as quoted from the book "Not the 'I'll be dead if he catches me' kind of running, but the kind of running a woman does when humiliation and ridicule loom large". Kam is a Dahnan witch at the Collegium a facility for the Dahnan Witches which is situated in the World between.

From t
Cozen
Okay, despite my horrid dislike for self publishing- and yes two misspelled words and under a handful of sentences that needed to be re-read over a few times to get the jest of it, this one didn't rankle too much. There was a nice flow to this story that I could admire.

While the majority of ne self published writers are currently trying to find new ways to make their stories different for the normal one, they're pretty much all falling into the same traps that make them just as bad and disjointe
Rebecca
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given the privilege of downloading this book for free in exchange for my review, and wow. Just... wow. I was so taken with this book! As soon as I finished reading, I went hunting for the answer to my burning question: Was this the first book of a series? The answer is, I am delighted (and relieved) to report, YES.

CALLED BY FIRE is the first book in a new series by new author, Delwyn Jenkins. It begins with Kamryn Vale, a Dahnan witch learning how to control her powers under the tutelage
Stephanie
May 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
When I first began reading Called by Fire by Delwyn Jenkins I wasn’t so sure I would like the book. It seemed as if I opened the book to the middle and began reading. About a third of the way into the book, the story began to develop into an interesting read.

While there is not much detail as to the overall world-building, it is definitely unique. The Dahnan Witches are transitioned into another world to learn and perfect their crafting abilities. The crafting and development of their powers is
Claudia
Apr 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
this one is quite difficult to rate for me ... let me explain why

I definitely liked the characters - if not so much the main character, although Alex and Kam were quite ok, but both not my favorites in this book. But I can't wait to see more about the others, especially Bas and Mycah - these two were total fun to be around. I also want to learn more about Dane ...

The storyline is good and I am sure it is the starting point to an interesting series. so therefore we had to establish some ground wo
Erin Bedford
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Erin's Book Reviews: An Author Reviewing Other Authors

Kamyrn is a fire witch whose only focus is graduating from the World Between and going back to modern society, but when a murdered witch brings back the WatchTower Knights, she finds herself with a whole set of new problems. One of those being the studly WatchTower Knight who is killer on her magical control and libido.

OH MY GOD! I was recommended to read this by a fellow blogger Anniek and I can say I do
Nikki Brooks
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review and am I glad I did. This was an exceptional debut novel. I love PNR/sci fi and fantasy with a healthy dose of snark and romance and this had it by the bucketload!!! Kamryn is a fire witch and with her 3 best friends, make up one of the most powerful Quatres in the Collegium of Sarras. Sarras is like a parallel dimension where magic is norm but all our witches seem to have been born on Earth.

The watchtower are the former guardians o
Kim O'Daniel
Dec 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just finished the most amazing book!!! This is story was not like anything I have read before. Yes sure it had witches and Knights, but really this is a very unique story and oh so hot. The watchtower Knights follow a simple code, they protect the witches it’s simply that simple. But they had been banished. They were told not to come back. But all that changes when a witch dies, and another is kidnapped. Then they are asked to return. Their told not to go near the witches, but when Alex meets ...more
Rachel
May 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh, WOW! This book is completely epic in nature. The history and detailed background that gives a foundation to the story is mystical in proportions. I loved the characters and the interactions between; the combination of modern slang along with a revered and courteous culture was wonderful and I found myself laughing and gasping in equal measure. Well written and setting a pace that will draw the reader into the World Between, making them eager to keep turning the pages.

I’ve read plenty of sci
Brittany
I received this from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. WOW, this was awesome!! It has been a while since I have read a straight paranormal romance. I have been reading tons of historicals lately and man I am so glad that I cam across this one. This is story about a realm of witches and their world. I was pulled in from the beginning but I did wish it would have gone a little bit faster. I loved the heat and passion that the two main characters shared and I cannot wait for more to come.
Lucy at Rain and Cupcakes Book Blog
DNF 34%

I didn't click with this book at all, some of the conversations that I read were so juvenile (the "sex" talk between K and her friends after Alex sneak into her room and they fooled around) I rolled my eyes and wondered what age groups were this book aimed for.

Switching POVs (more than two persons), and revelation of the person whom was responds for the witches' death. Not sure why I need to read more if I already know who's the murderer.

I tried to read more, but simply couldn't. I los
Sheila Ryals
Jul 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was definetly a steamy novel. Great storyline! Will be looking forward to the next book! Did not end on a cliff hanger but still questions that make you want to read the next book! The girls are most definetly very snarky and fiery tempered! I love my heroins that way! Of course, the guys are hot as sin! There where some bits where kinda much but the rest make up for it! By that I mean, some descriptions where to the point of cheesy. At the same time the cheese was kinda funny!
Tamara Martin
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
PHWOAR!

This is a sensational debut full of well rounded, interesting characters, a great plot, good dash of humour and some seriously steamy scenes that will have you warming under the collar and hunting down your own handsome knight! Delwyn has created a really fabulous world that draws you in so you feel like one of the quartre. I can't wait to see what this exciting newbie brings us next! Highly recommend,a good fun,sexy read.
Tamara
Nov 18, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A well written book with a wonderful mix of action and passion. I liked that the author used multiple views (I always like to read about the bad guys) but still focused on the two main characters who had good chemistry.
Fawn
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Called by Fire

I have found a fun new series to read. This had a touch of the " I know what's coming next". But the journey was enjoyable enough to make sure I didn't care. I see this group of witches and knights having some more fun romantic adventures ahead for us.
Elizabeth
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
New favorite

This novel blew me away. I've read stories about witches, but this story paralleled a few of the dreams I've had. I was sucked I. On page one and didn't come up for breath until the last word. This is an amazing novel you must read
Amy King
OT
rated it it was ok
Sep 27, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Lay Me Down (Reveler, #2)
  • Through The Veil (#1)
  • Threads of Gold (Tales of the Latter Kingdoms, #6)
  • Compelled (Coveted, #3)
  • Their Improbable Mating (Paranormal Protections Unit #3)
  • Awakening (Rapture's Edge #1)
  • Masquerade (Scandalous Ballroom Encounters, #1)
  • Violca's Dragon (The Dragon Ruby #1)
  • To Catch His Mate (Crescent Moon, #5)
  • Dream Warrior  (Dark Warrior Alliance #1)
  • The Magic Queen (The Dark Queens, #4)
  • Serafina and the Silent Vampire (Serafina's, #1)
  • Angus (The Cursed Clan, #2)
  • Agent S5: Jaydan (The D.I.R.E. Agency #5)
  • Unbound (The Amoveo Legend, #5.5)
  • The Professor's Secret
  • Wild Flame (Chiasson, #4)
  • One More Kiss (Affair Without End, #2)
Delwyn Jenkins enjoys radical career changes. After serving in the Australian Navy for ten years (and being exceptionally disciplined) she switched to full-time university Arts student (where getting out of bed before 11am proved traumatic). She's worked as a teacher, an editor, and now writes full time - a career she plans to stick with for as long as anyone wants to read her stories.

Delwyn is an
More about Delwyn Jenkins

The Watchtower Chronicles (3 books)
  • Claimed by Earth (The Watchtower Chronicles, #2)
  • Kissed by Water (The Watchtower Chronicles, #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • Emergency Contact
    $10.99 $3.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings Book 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be