Start by marking “A Timeless Romance Anthology: Silver Bells Collection” as Want to Read:
A Timeless Romance Anthology: Silver Bells Collection

A Timeless Romance Anthology: Silver Bells Collection

(A Timeless Romance Anthology)

Six Award-Winning Authors have contributed new stories to A Timeless Romance Anthology: Silver Bells. Readers will love this collection of six historical novellas, all centered around the Christmas season with one thing in common: Romance.

In NY Times & USA Today’s bestselling author Lucinda Brant’s delightful novella, FAIRY CHRISTMAS, Kitty Aldershot is orphaned and fo
Published October 15th 2014 by Mirror Press (first published October 14th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about A Timeless Romance Anthology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Timeless Romance Anthology

Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
Six pleasant and very fluffy historical romance novellas, of the squeaky clean variety, and all Christmas-themed. They weren't particularly memorable for me and I wasn't really feeling most of the romances, but they were fun enough for a few hours' diversion. I picked these up on a 99c Kindle sale.

3.25 stars. "Fairy Christmas" by Lucinda Brant - a spin-off of Brant's Salt Hendon novels, involving a penniless young woman taken in by the Earl of Salt Hendon and his wife, a somewhat scandalous aunt
Rane
Nov 07, 2014 rated it really liked it

I always love when the Timeless Romance Anthology comes out and the Silver Bells Collection brings another cute collection for the season!

FAIRY CHRISTMAS by Lucinda Brant 3.5 stars
Starting off in a misunderstanding it takes another older couple whom are finding love to help a young woman in her own love filled journey.

A CHRISTMAS PROMISE by Sarah M. Eden 5 stars

I always look forward to Eden's works in these anthologies with their charming stories of love and A Christmas Promise is no differe
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
I have a weakness for Christmas-themed stories! I love the spirit of the holiday and the magical glow of happiness. This is a great collection of stories from wonderful authors that I enjoy. It's always fun to see how the plots vary even though they have the same theme. I can never stop at just one novella- I end up devouring the entire collection in one sitting ;)
Alisa
Oct 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
I love anthologies because you can read more stories in a shorter amount of time, and I love Christmas stories so I was excited to read and review this anthology. Especially because these novellas were written by some of my favorite authors. But I found this anthology to be slower than most and some of the stories were almost too slow for me. All were well-written so I'm sure that was just a personal preference...

Fairy Christmas by Lucinda Brant - 3.5 stars; 1767 England
Miss Katherine Aldershot,
Katie W
Apr 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
FAIRY CHRISTMAS I thought this was a sweet story that took place in the late 1700s. Kitty is an orphan and has every reason to be bitter about life, yet she isn't. She is so sweet and tries to ease the lives of those around her to make up for their generosity towards her. She would love for nothing more than to win Tom's affections, yet wouldn't dream of ruining his reputation and career, which goes to show how selfless she is. Tom is such a shy and bashful man, yet he is very kind. I loved the ...more
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
I have been reading a lot of books this week that are set around Christmas. I'm feeling the need to bust out the Christmas music and put up a tree! But it isn't quite time for that. These books sure put me in the mood though. And in the last book, My Modern Girl, Margie works at Macy's where they have the most amazing Christmas displays. The book describes a set of ornaments that have heart shaped hangers. I seriously need those. My Christmas tree is heart themed and those ornaments would go per ...more
Julia
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a very sweet book, as I read the stories, I remembered the books I read when I was little, like Little Women, Eight Cousins, Under the Lilacs, Anne of Green Gables, etc. (The cover of the book, reminds me of Claire, from the fifth story)

Pros:
The six stories in this book are romantic, pure and innocent, all set around Christmas Time, my favorite is A Taste Of Home,I fell in love with the story of Claire and William, I loved it!

Cons:
The storys are too short!! I know, they're novellas, bu
Nari
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing collection of novellas! The first story was a cute story about a young boy's picture of a Christmas fairy and a misunderstanding. The second story is a fun Irish tale. The third story was one of my favorites. It was about patience and enduring love. The fourth story was a fun Christmas tale that has a younger version of Ebenzer Scrooge in it. The fifth story was another of my favorites. It was about a young women not able to make it home for Christmas and how an unexpected source ...more
Amy Nelson
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
The six stories all included in this anthology were all sweet and clean romances with wonderful writing. Short stories like the speed dating of reading. You don't know them as well, but you get a lot of satisfying conclusions really quickly, and let's face it, those moments when those two characters you've been cheering on finally get together are really the best parts of the book that you only read the rest of the book to get to. A few of the authors were familiar to me, but I now have some new ...more
Delina
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Such a wonderful collection of Christmas stories! While I longed to know more of the stories, the shortness of each novella provides the perfect glimpse into a Christmas Romance! I enjoyed the different settings and characters and writing styles! A great book for some added Christmas cheer that will warm your heart :)
Kathy
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This anthology is a set of six sweet Christmas stories. Each author has her own style and I enjoyed each one. All the characters were likeable and they really helped me get in the Christmas spirit. The language was clean and the romances were sweet, not steamy.

A Fairy Christmas by Lucinda Brant is set in England in 1767. After becoming orphaned, Kitty is goes to live with a distant relative. She falls in love with a young man but after catching a brief glimpse of a letter from her best friend on
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
I love reading short romantic Christmas stories. They're sweet. They're fun. I can finish one in a single sitting and at the end they leave a smile on my face. These stories are no different.

FAIRY CHRISTMAS by Lucinda Brant - 4 stars
This was a sweet story that involved two romances. I found both to be sweet. I also liked the contrast between a younger and older couple falling in love and how the differences in their behavior. No one is ever too old to fall in love.

A CHRISTMAS PROMISE by Sarah M.
Linda
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A Timeless Romance Anthology: Silver Bells,

These short stories are a quick and easy read. Each wonderful story was set in a different time in history and made you feel what it might be like at that time.
Fairy Christmas 1767 by Lucinda Brant; I fell in love with Kitty in the first chapter. Her thoughts where real but with a surprise twist. Loved her aunt and the secret she held. Now I know what a Yule Log is!!
A Christmas Promise Late 1820's by Sarah Eden; “Old Tom” tells a love story set in Irela
Rachel
This was a charming collection of Christmas novellas. I loved it!

I was charmed by the first novella, Lucinda Brant’s FAIRY CHRISTMAS. I enjoyed the warmth of the relationship between Kitty and Tom and also the sweet surprise of love between the elderly couple.

I really enjoyed the second novella, A CHRISTMAS PROMISE by Sarah M. Eden. A fun little story about an Irish lass and the man that stumbled onto her property and into her heart.

The next novella was Heather B. Moore’s enchanting novella,
Rhonda
4 STARS

This is a sweet romantic collection of six novellas. They are all around Christmas. They are different stories set in diverse settings. I have read books by a few of the authors but a couple I have never heard of before. I would read books by any of them in the future.

I can't decide which one was my favorite. The Fairy Christmas has some sweet characters and a couple of romances.
A Taste of Home the setting was Salt Lake City which was a familiar setting to me. The character was stuck not
Paige
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*I received an e-book copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

I love the Timeless Romance Anthologies! I was excited for the opportunity to read and review this book. Silver Bells did not disappoint!

All of the romances were clean and shared the theme of Christmas. Also all of the novellas were ‘historical’ romances ranging from the 1700s to the 20s, and I feel like that added an interesting element to the collection. My favorite stories were the ones by Sarah Eden, Heather Moore, and
Sherry
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a lovely collection of stories.

I loved every single one of them.

They are historical romance stories but the time setting varied from way back in the 1700s to up in the 1920s.

All of the stories have something to go with Christmas, which is really the perfect time for a romance anyway.

My favorite was a story about the follow who was friends with Ebenezer Scrooge (before he became the bitter miser), and fell in love with Fezziwigs daughter.

Reading the stories in this anthology will help you
Amy
Twelve Months by Heather B Moore
A Fezzwig Christmas by Lu Ann Brobst Staheli
A Taste of Home by Annette Lyon
My Modern Girl by Becca Wilhite

The stories are sweet, clean and romantic. I enjoyed every one of them. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be the Irish take, a Christmas Promise.

I love the stories and they are definitely a must read for the Chr
Brooke -Brooke's Books
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another great Anthology. I love these collections. See entire review on blog.

Kim
I love clean secular romance full length e-book box sets or novella anthologies. I like that I don't have to gamble or do exhaustive combing through reviews hoping someone adds sensuality level information in their review. So I have enjoyed the many Triple Treat Romances box set series that have come out, each with three full length novels of bestselling clean secular romance authors, and the Timeless Romance Anthology collection series sets, each with six clean romance novellas, which the work ...more
This is a compilation of 6 short stories all set around the Christmas season. A couple of these stories are by my favorite authors, while the rest are new to me. I really enjoyed reading them. It made me wish for snow-almost! Two are regency period, 2 are set in the 1800's & 2 are early 1900's. If you are looking for fun & easy Christmas mood setting reads I highly recommend this anthology. The language is clean & the romance is sweet!

Lucinda Brant’s novella, FAIRY CHRISTMAS, is abou
Heidi
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
FAIRY CHRISTMAS. I thoroughly enjoyed this story. Kitty and Allenby were sweet characters, but the part that surprised me the most was the other romance that took place in the story. I was focused on Kitty and her attempt to get Mr. Allenby to propose that I didn't realize that the other romance was happening although there are hints that point in that direction. This is the kind of short story that I enjoy, with enough conflict to create a plot, but the emphasis is on the characters.

A CHRISTMAS
DiQu91
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Christmas is a time of miracles and a time of love. And when Six amazing authors join together, it becomes the perfect treat for the readers. These authors bring their short and romantic historical stories in “A Timeless Romance Anthology- Silver Bells”.

A Fairy Christmas (Lucinda Brant): England,1767. This story was a little slow for me, but overall had a very sweet and happy effect. I liked how Kitty is a hopeful person and her love for Tom Allenby is very sweet. They are smart and don’t rus
Kara
Oct 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am normally not a fan of short stories because I don't feel satisfied. The story is either too short for me to feel any real connection to the characters or I love the story so much that I am sad it wasn't a full length book so I could get to know them even better. But this anthology had some pleasant surprises for me. Here is a breakdown of my thoughts for each story.

FAIRY CHRISTMAS- This one I struggled with a little. It focused a lot on the older couple in the story. I was a little frustrat
Lizz Martensen
Oct 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This collection is fun and a great way to get into the Christmas spirit! As I've been listening to Christmas music for weeks already, this was the perfect book to continue my holiday mood :) I've ranked my favorite short stories as follows:

1. A Taste of Home - I love Claire's excitement at going home and the detail that is spent on her Christmas memories. I love Will's hesitation that isn't fully explained at the beginning. They are both their own person and the story develops over a short perio
Karen
Aug 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Overall, these were good stories that I enjoyed reading. There were a few typos, which was distracting, but I enjoyed reading these stories.

FAIRY CHRISTMAS - This story was hard for me to get into. The exposition felt long and drawn out. And I got confused a bit in the story by quick changes between different characters points of view. But the characters themselves did draw me into the story, and in the end I enjoyed it.
Rating: 3 stars
Content: Clean - mention of scandalous behavior

A CHRISTMAS PR
Sharon Absher
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a well written book. Each story was well written and I loved the story lines. The first story A Fairy Christmas was a page turner and I was able to connect with the character. It is a tear jerker. I loved the idea of a Fairy Christmas and the ending was wonderful also. This Author really outdid herself. The story of The Christmas Promise was romantic and I laughed throughout it at Sean as he kept finding his self in a fix and I liked how he could laugh at his self. I also liked how Mauv ...more
Kiki Sidira
Oct 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fairy Christmas :
Kitty’s world fell apart a year before this story starts, but it’s ready to fall apart again!
After being adopted by a loving family, all she wants is Mr. Tom Allenby. When she reads a letter not intended for her, though, she actually comes to terms with reality. But maybe sometimes, things are not as they always seem. And she is met with an unexpected surprise!

A Christmas Promise :
OMG! At first, I could not make sense of the beginning. I couldn’t really get why begin that way
Leaffrog03
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I always love reading stories set around the holiday season and so I was excited to read this new anthology collection. I enjoyed all of the stories but three of them really stood out.

Fairy Christmas by Lucinda Brant is the first story in the anthology. It took me awhile to get into it because there were a lot of characters and I had a hard time keeping track of everyone. I also wanted it to be longer so that I could see more of the relationship with Kitty and Tom.

A Christmas Promise by Sarah E
Hanna
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a free eBook copy of this book in exchange for an honest review:

I was excited to read this collection since I had not yet read a Timeless Romance Anthology. I loved that each book took place in a different time period, with different society standards.

Fairy Christmas by Lucinda Brant was a hard read for me. I had trouble following who the characters were. It almost felt like there should have been a prior story outlining the characters and their circumstances or something.

However, the
Goodreads Librari...: Please add page number! 3 19 Oct 18, 2014 10:40PM
  • Under the Mistletoe Collection (A Timeless Romance Anthology Book 14)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: All Regency Collection
  • Twist of Fate
  • A Midwinter Ball
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Autumn Collection
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Mail Order Bride Collection
  • Christmas Kisses (Echo Ridge Romance, #1)
  • A Regency Christmas V
  • The Fortune Cafe (A Tangerine Street Romance, #1)
  • Twelve Days in December (Hearthfire Romance, #3.5)
LUCINDA BRANT is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of Georgian historical romances & mysteries. Her novels are described as from 'the Golden Age of romance with a modern voice', and 'heart wrenching drama with a happily ever after'.
Lucinda lives in the 18th Century most days (heaven!). Her guilty pleasure is Pinterest where you can visualize Lucinda's Georgian world & her n

A Timeless Romance Anthology (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Winter Collection