Start by marking “Out of Practice Aphrodite (Book 1 of The Naughty Goddess Chronicles)” as Want to Read:
Out of Practice Aphrodite (Book 1 of The Naughty Goddess Chronicles)

Read Excerpt

Out of Practice Aphrodite

(The Goddess Chronicles #1)

Abby’s major screw-up brings the wrath of Zeus upon her head. He offers her a choice—work for him or spend the rest of her days hanging out in Hades with her ex-husband. For Abby, this choice is a no-brainer, especially when Zeus says the only thing he wants her to do is make a love match. She’s the Goddess of Love. What could go wrong?

Everything.

Abby stumbles into an ex
ebook
Published June 25th 2015 by Smashwords Edition (first published March 15th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Out of Practice Aphrodite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of Practice Aphrodite

Start your review of Out of Practice Aphrodite (Book 1 of The Naughty Goddess Chronicles)
Gary Sundell
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun read. Greek gods and goddess in an enjoyable read set in today's world.
⚜️Trea
I was actually rather surprised by this story! I liked the modern take on Greek mythology, and Abby's snarky nature. I was actually intrigued by some of the twists that the story took and liked the sprinkling of Greek mythology artifacts within it. It left me eager to read the next book in the series!
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
4.5 stars!

Absolutely delightful book! Coffee, snark, and Hot guys - perfect combo! This is Greek Mythology in depth, at its best, at its funniest! Who knew Aphrodite was so funny and was so snarky! I loved her! This story was a great fun read! I think it is perfect for summertime because it is light, quick, easy reading and tons of fun!

GREAT cast of characters. Of course you know them already - Zeus, Hermes, Artemus, and Aphrodite of course, and so many others but - like you've never seen them
Krissys
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: featured-books, star

Everything.

Abby stumbles into an ex-lover, a dead demi-god and the realization that a crucial relic has been stolen right out from underneath Zeus’ nose. Eris, th
♥Knhebek, hbeebti♥
****ARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review****

Warning: This review/rating is based on my feelings, thoughts, likes and dislikes. You should read the book to form your own opinion/thoughts. Read on!

Rating: 4 Hermes Stars
Cover: I like it
Cliffhanger: Not exactly, but this series continues with the same characters

The only reason this book doesn't have 5 stars is the editing, it wasn't that bad, but in some points it was distracting and confusing and i had to re-read the paragraph to figure o
Lilac Reviews
Jun 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
This was a fun little read. Most of my gal pals can relate to this premium coffee drinking, Twinkie eating heroine. The part we would all envy is that because she is a goddess, she doesn’t gain weight! She’s got an attitude that makes her fun, but gets her in a bind sometimes. That’s how the story opens. She’s woken up from a crazy evening at a Kiss concert and there’s hell to pay. But on this occasion she may not be entirely at fault. That’s the first hint that something may be going on that is ...more
Nithya
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: myth-related, humour
Goddess of love Aphrodite ‘Abby’ had screwed big time now by exposing the world and is waiting for Zeus judgement. Zeus orders her to bring two people together in a limited time or to spend the eternity of her life with her ex-husband in Hades realm. Upon seeing the death of Orpheus & Eurydice missing, and with her power going On & Off, Abby with the help of Goddess of Hunt (Artie) tries to solve the mysterious incidents that had happened in the past days.
After a long time I had a good laugh fro
Cyndi Pagan
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my, I just loved this story!!! I don't even know where to start, perhaps because I love Greek mythology. A whole new spin on the Greek Gods and Goddess thrown into our modern world. I personally enjoyed this book very much! Anyone one that loves this pantheon will enjoy this story! Aphrodite, Ares, Artemis, Hades, Hephaestus, Hera ,Hermes and lastly Zeus all make an appearance in this story!
Wheezy Hardin
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delightful

A new take on the old Gods. Action, adventure, love and magic. This series will be a must read. With a good cup of French Roast and twinkies if course
Lisa
Oct 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aphrodite "Abby" is the Goddess of Love, pretty much hiding out in NY because she got tired of life in Olympus over the centuries. She wakes up after a wild night on the town...so wild that Zeus pays her a visit to rain down a punishment...except she gets off lighter than she expects, so she's worried she's missing something. Her "punishment' is to do her thing--make a love match or she'll be forced to move in with Hephaestus. Shouldn't be hard for the Goddess of Love, right? Except when Zeus do ...more
Christina
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it in a different way than the other mythology books I have read. This is because most of the mythology books i have read have been about the offspring of the gods and goddesses demigods so to speak. This one is different because it talks about the gods and goddesses themselves and in a more goofy yet realistic way. Reading it reminds me of a shujo anime with some adult content though it could be because I am listening to anime music in the background but I could totally see it as an ani ...more
Patricia Burroughs
Fun, filled with snark and divine mayhem! I never knew I was interested in reading Alternate History Mythology [is that a thing?] until I came up with the idea for Debris & Detritus, The Lesser Greek Gods Running Amok, and the writers turned in such amazing, sometimes surreal, sometimes hysterical, sometimes horror-ific tales for the anthology. [I'm extremely proud of it. Go buy it. Go read it.]

But my first thought as I started reading Out of Practice Aphrodite was, "Damn! Where was S.E. Babin w
pauline marshall
Amazing, fun and witty.

I first picked this book because I was interested in the Greek Mythology aspect of it with us as readers! Going into the lives of these greeks god and goddesses (that if they COULD) how they would live among us.

This is an unique, witty and fun read with the right amount of action and drama to keep you On your toes! Never a dull moment. and the Gods and goddesses are EVERYTHING I expected them to be in the modern world 😂😂 (expect for artie which was a shock lol). SPOILER: -
Monica
Jul 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
Even though this was a free kindle book, I had higher hopes from the idea that the story was about Greek gods and I have always liked mythology. This book was a bit of a different take though as it was almost like reading a chick lit book with Greek gods as the main characters, still the same ditzy dumb girly actions, just from Aphrodite and Artemis. I liked some of the humanizing but overall it was too cutesy at times (example, the obsession with gourmet coffee).
Abby aka Aphrodite gets in troub
Amy
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unique and fun

A funny and unique twist on characters I've long held dear, Babin breathes life into Zeus and the gang lifting them off the page and placing them into the here and now. Eris wreaks the havoc we would expect from the goddess of chaos while Aphrodite seems to live up to the adage of love - fools rush in. I can't wait to read the next book. This series has won me over.
Lisa Cromwell
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining read! The author stayed true to the Greek mythology that I have loved for many years....but with a modern twist. This book has action, drama and romance all rolled into one. This was the first book I have read from this author and you can bet that I will be looking for, and reading, other books from her!
Krystyna
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gods and Goddesses don't mix

Amazing! Can Abby complete the task? Can she deal with all the intrigue? Loved Abby, a great, loveable, bumbling character. A must read if you love humour in your books mixed in a mystery with a pinch of romance. Don't be put off that it is about Gods. Highly recommended
Nancy
Nov 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Is the Goddess of Love loosing her touch?

Zeus is upset and that can be dangerous for all concerned, especially Aphrodite. Will this end on a celestial note or in the other direction?
Pam
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A genuine surprise!

I chose to read thus book in a whim and got Avery pleasant surprise.
It was very entertaining with light characters as I have never seen in dealing with Greek Gods. .Very much looking forward to a sequel!
Donna Burns
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it! Light-hearted, fun novel that was a quick read. Characters were somewhat funny, not dark and brooding with tons of baggage. No graphic violence or sex scenes. Just a fun read. I enjoy when authors take gods and goddess and drop them into modern society and see how they would react. I will read more in this series!
Trudi Jorda
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, mystery, romance
Mix a little Greek Mythology with a bit of modern day who done it and why in the current world and you get chaos! But mind you not ordinary chaos as Aphrodite finds out with the help of Hermes, Artemus not to mention Zeus and a whole cast of characters! Enjoy!
Melissa Ward
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny and light.

Aphrodite is in a fix. She’s got Artemis to help her along with some other unlikely support. But overall this light read is engaging, humorous, and well paced. The characters could be more fleshed out but the interactions between them give a good read.
Greg Dixon
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Out of practice Aphrodite the goddess chronicles

A good read for people who are in to the series recommend highly can't wait for the next one of the series a really enjoyable read but long still enjoyable read must read the next one of the series
Michelle
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very funny and easy read.

I really enjoyè they characters. Aphrodite is a girl you can't help but root for. Her growth and change along with her group of friends made her even more lo,able. Can't wait to read the next one to see what jinx they are up too
Saptarshi Ghosh
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting take on Greek Mythology

The author has spun an engaging story about the Goddess of Love, depicting her adventures on Earth and the Heavens above and the relationships among different gods and their politics.
Jennifer Lockett
A fantastic read

Follow the adventures of the goddess Aphrodite and friends as they try to find the apples which hold most of Zeus' power, in this book you will be on Olympus one minute and Earth the next .
Dawn Ireland
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this last year (2016). Since I read 2-5 books a week, I can't keep track of dates. Sorry.
Kevin
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good solid story, several twists.

True to mythos it draws from, without being hobbled.

Fun read. Recommended.
Patricia Gordon
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read

I really enjoyed this book, bringing Aphrodite and the Olympians into the here and now is genius, love, friendship and loyalty are the theme here, great read
Susan B
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
cute! good weekend read. not often one finds a humorous book on the Greek gods. Aphrodite and her pals save the day and will continue to live forever .

« previous 1 3 next »

• Pit Perfect (Barkside of the Moon #1)
  • Witch Way To Amethyst (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #0.5)
  • Rescued By A Kiss (The New Orleans Go Cup Chronicles, #1)
  • Succubus (Succubus, #1)
  • Faerie Blood (The Changeling Chronicles, #1)
  • What Girls Are Good For: A Novel of Nellie Bly
  • A Witchy Business (Harper Grant Mystery #1)
  • The Confectioner's Guild (The Confectioner Chronicles, #1)
  • A Berry Deadly Welcome (Kylie Berry Mysteries #1)
  • Witchy Business (Witches of Shadow Lane #1)
  • Baehrly Breathing (Goldie Locke and the Were Bears, #1)
  • Murder is Collegiate (Susan Wiles Schoolhouse Mystery #7)
  • Ismeni (The Legend of Sheba #0.5)
  • Bound by Red: A paranormal romance retelling of Red Riding Hood (The Midnight Retellings Collection Book 1)
  • Happy Endings
  • Bride for the Alien Warrior
  • Beauty's Daddy (Billionaire Daddies #1)
  • Their Zandian Mate (Zandian Masters, #9)

S.E. Babin has a passion for writing books with a paranormal twist. Whether it's romance or mystery, she loves taking the norm and turning it into the extraordinary. Her love of reading turned into a curious exploration to see whether or not she could write her own novel.

Beginning with random, terrible poetry and a slightly popular reimagining of Beowulf's Grendel in her high school English clas

The Goddess Chronicles (7 books)
  • Out of Sorts Aphrodite (The Goddess Chronicles #2)
  • Out of Options Aphrodite (The Goddess Chronicles #3)
  • Out of Cake Aphrodite (The Goddess Chronicles #4)
  • Out of Sanity Aphrodite (The Goddess Chronicles #5)
  • Out of Excuses Aphrodite (The Goddess Chronicles #6)
  • Out of Patience Aphrodite (The Goddess Chronicles #7)

News & Interviews