Start by marking “Bender (The Core Four, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bender (The Core Four, #1)

Bender

(The Core Four #1)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  14,737 ratings  ·  1,038 reviews
All Keegan wanted was a roommate who was quiet, minded their own business, and paid for part of the rent. Instead, she got Camden Brooks.

Camden, with his sinful body, sharp tongue, and the inability to stay out of Keegan’s personal space, couldn’t seem to curb his interest in the new girl who wouldn’t put up with his domineering ways.

Feelings were running rampant, sexu
Published April 21st 2014 (first published April 18th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Bender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bender

·  14,737 ratings  ·  1,038 reviews

Start your review of Bender (The Core Four, #1)
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5--Another Heroine Bites the Dust--Stars!!

What can I say...I'm sorry, but Keegan ruined this one for me. I found her to be too insecure, too whiney, and too immature.

Keegan is twenty, she's in college, she currently lives at home with her single mom and her 8 year old sister Sarah. She's had to be the parent for her sister while her mom works and does other things. Her school starts to suffer because of it.

So, Keegan decides to get her own apartment...forcing her mom to be the parent and tak
Patrycja

Release Date: April 20, 2014
Rating: 4.25 stars
Cliffhanger:. No
HEA: (view spoiler)

Bender is my first time reading Stacy Borel’s work. Before starting it, I didn’t know what to expect. Frankly, I had no real idea what this story is about, but I decided to go for it. Being absolute cover whore, I was immediately in lust with this panty dropping guy in the middle of this one, so I totally had to read this. And I’m not r
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
2.5 STARS

I’m bummed that I didn’t love this one as much as everyone else did. It certainly started off very promising as I couldn’t stop giggling over Macie (best friend) and Keegan’s search for a roommate; however I didn’t like the plot pacing and the major conflicts in the story were quite lame so the overall feeling I took away after finishing was MEH.

description

Keegan’s currently in college and because of her irresponsible mother, she’s also stepped into the role of parent to her much younger sister Sa
Plamena
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 ‘I <3 Camden’ Stars!!!

Wow...this book was such a great surprise! I really liked this one! It is a fun, light, sweet and steamy read! There is a rude and always angry guy (sometimes a total asshole) and a girl that will find a way to melt his heart.

“You were made me for Blue. You’re my person.”

Keegan is tired of taking the responsibility of being a mother to her little sister. Their actual mother is simply a mess and she is never home. So Keegan decides she needs to move out in order to
L*Take Me To My HEA*
No stars DNF 30%

Two consecutive DNF. I'm in a rut. I need to get a grip. FAST.
✰ Liz ✰
Nov 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alpha-male-love
3.5

Bender has all of the ingredients to be an amazing read. Hot Alpha Male-check, sweet heroine just looking to make her way-check, the great bestie-check, family issues-check, and some smoking hot sex scenes-tripple check! Now to get down to the nitty gritty.

I found the first 50 % of the book to be like driving a stick shift in the middle of Manhattan's rush hour. Keegan is the heroine in the story. She has spent her entire life playing mom for her little sister. Keegan's mom is irresponsible.
Sam
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was ok
When I started this book, it seemed that I would enjoy it. Then.....

I didn't get Keegan at all. What made her so likeable? Why was Dodger saying he loved her after a week/month, whatever... her little sister was a way better character. Then her violent reactions to difficult situations? Yeah, not happening. I also didn't understand what the big deal was with her furniture. So she didn't have a dresser or a proper bed. It's not the end of the world, she is a college student all she needs is her t
Camille
The author has a limited vocabulary as evinced by her mistakes with homophones and prefixes that create antonyms etc.

Her grasp on grammar isn't any better. This book is riddled with tense errors.

Then there's her complete lack of originality in terms of plot, this book being a composite of FSoG, Bared to You, every Kristen Ashley book, and Beautiful DIsaster.

Every line of 'dialogue' has been uttered before, every 'plot' development torn from another ridiculous predecessor, every 'characterisation
Sabrina
Apr 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Keegan is a college student feeling the weight of the world on her shoulders. For the past eight years she has been taking care of her younger sister while her mom party's her way around town. Finally having enough she decides to move out so she can focus on her studies and get closer to reaching her goal of getting her nursing license. She finds the perfect apartment for a really good price and thinks all is well. She just never expected to have a roommate like Camden. Rude, in your fa
Naksed
Typical, juvenile, frustrating "romance" showcasing the worst of NA tropes. The heroine is meant to be relatable and sympathetic because she is your average girl next door striving to better her life, working, studying, taking care of her little sister etc.

She is also a SHITTY friend, slyly undermining her best friend with the guy who is interested in her under the guise that she is trying to avoid both of them "getting hurt."

She also has no problem body-shaming and slut-shaming girls who she h
Jacqueline's Reads
Jun 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jacqueline's Reads by: Mandee Migliaccio
Shelves: 4-star-books
4.5 Homerun Stars

This was a really light, cute, no fuss, happy-go lucky kind of book. It was recommended to me and I have to say, it was a delight to read.

Summary

Keegan lives with her mom and little sister. She loves her little sister, but she feels like she is more parent than sibling. Keegan notices an ad. Someone is looking for a roommate, it’s in a good area and the rent is cheap. When Keegan arrives, she knows the apartment is perfect for her, but when she signs the lease, she realizes the
Jessica Adams
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Received an early copy of Bender and there are not enough words to tell you how much I LOVE it!!!! Stacy Borel did amazing. Hot alpha male who doesn't take crap from anyone. Really do I need to go on?

Keegan is looking to move out on her own, gain some independence and live the life of a normal young college student. She has a huge heart when it comes to her little sister and no matter how pissed she gets at her mom for not "raising" her, Keegan is always there no matter what. It's when she meet
Wminbc
Apr 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Spoilers....cause my silly hide review wont work???
My full review is here...

Good...but Keegan a bit too YA for me tastes. Also, we are to believe she is a sweet innocent good girl, who happens to keep the downtown street plowed, can deep,throat and goes condom free with two different guys in the same week???

Full review:
This book stated that it is a standalone, but each of the four brothers will have their own book. I was totally lusting on this cover so I
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝

It wasn't just m book, Keegan was annoying and felt like knocking her head.
This book def had so many potentials but it just didn't hit the mark for me.

Happy reading

D xo
Alissa Evanson
GIVEAWAY INFO AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS REVIEW

Wow I needed this book.

I’ve been in kind of a book rut lately and this was the perfect book to bring me out of my slump.

It made me laugh and has a lighter feel to it. Oh, and did I mention it is filled with undoubtedly Alpha Hotness? I mean you have Camden and then he has not one, not two…but THREE brothers who are just as hot and just as alpha as he is! *swoon*

Holy crispy cracker this book had my temperature rising and made me frustrated to no end (an
Shay
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading Bender and I just freaking loved it. You have to read this to understand but what a book! This book is about Camden and Keegan. Keegan is having trouble in school. She doesn’t have a lot of time to get school work done. She has been taking care of her little sister Sarah while her mother is working and doing what she wants to do. Keegan is basically being the parent. Finally having enough, Keegan looks to move out. With her best friend Macie in toe, goes about trying to r ...more
Mariℓina
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
3,5 Stars!
I liked this book so much! It was funny, hot and overall an easy read.
Although it had its problems, that didn't trouble me much.

Let's start with the story. Keegan decides she had enough with her mother and is looking for an apartment to live on her own. After some pretty entertaining attempts she finds herself up in Camden's house.

Camden is broody, a little obnoxious and hotter than hell.
When they finally end up as roommates the real fun begins, with a best friend who is absolutely hil
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
May 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alpha-male
You know when you are paging through your reader looking for you next book to read and you pick a book read a few lines and then just pick another one and another.
Well that was me last night. And then I found this on my reader and for some reason I couldn't stop reading.
It just kept my attention from the first page until I finished the book at about 12:30am this morning.
This book is about Keegan who lives with her mother (who is a single parent) and her sister who is younger than her.
Keegan has
T.H.
Let me start off by saying that this book is my new TOP READ of 2014 and Camden has slide his way up to #1 on my BBF list.

I was trusted with an ARC of this story for an honest review.

Keegan, aka Blue....she's dealt with a lot for a girl her age. Living with a single mom and her younger sister, she's forced to take on a ton of responsibilities. When she chooses to stand her ground and make a move, she's presented with something that turns her world upside down.

Camden, oh Camden. You are a whol
Vieira
I loved this book. I was really in the mood for something like this. Camden oh dear Lord he was down right edible!!! He was a real ass in the beginning but I loved him anyway. Keegan got on my nerves sometimes but all in all I had to respect how she was with her sister and getting her life together. I am sooooo looking forward to the next one!!!
Dec 09, 2015 rated it did not like it
This book had just about every romance cliche that could be fit into the story. Had a lo of elements that I can't stand. The hero was such a jerk to her through most of the book. I just didn't feel their connection. I finished it, but it was a struggle. Not sure if I will move onto the next one. ...more
 B.E.Love
Apr 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
When Keegan's mom yet again bales forcing her to watch her sister instead of going to a much needed study group Keegan has finally had enough. Finding a roommate is just what she needs, and walking into Camden's apartment she knows its to good to be true and then she meets him and he opens his mouth. If she didn't need her own place so badly Keegan would never deal with someone like Camden yes he may be gorgeous but he is also a mean pompous jerk. Deciding to live with Caden but ignore him thing ...more
Serena (The Book Comedian)
I give this 3.5 stars

THIS IS OFFICIALLY MY 100TH REVIEW!! WOOOOOT!

I didn't expect myself to write any reviews when I joined Goodreads, it was just a means to keep track of what I was reading; now it just makes me happy knowing I helped someone or made someone laugh from a review. :)

OKAY SO ON WITH THIS REVIEW

Everything about this book was PERFECT, the writing, the characters, the plot, the humor (there were some lines that were seriously funny LOL). ALL WAS PERFECT...until they got together, it
Shannon
Apr 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Camden. He's the total alpha package!!

This book was really good, I felt really sorry for Keegan, she grew up with a mom who preferred sleeping around and leaving her children home alone, than being there for her kids. She wasn't a bad woman, but Keegan starts the book fed up and looking for a new place to live. Which brings us to Camden.

He's freaking hot, and he is a total jerk and I love nothing more than hot jerks. He doesn't really treat her like he should and she doesn't really put up with i
CeCe
Jul 27, 2014 rated it did not like it
DNF

I have to DNF this one. I was excited to read it but there are a few things or people that annoy me and then there is something the heroine did that just turned me off and I lost all my connection to the characters.
I was excited to read about the Camden and Keegen. I love stories like this that the girl is looking for an apartment and ends up moving in with a guy who she thinks has shown "distaste" in her. However, it is all but the opposite.

#1 - I got tired of Keegan and her constant discus
Tina
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
All the time: Keegan is so gorgeous, Camden is so hot, Dodger is so hot, Macie is so beautiful... Blah blah blah.

Keegan: she has a younger sister. She needs to study. So she finds herself a new apartment. But then she suddenly finds time for a party, for a boyfriend, for a gym... I can't understand her- she didn't have time for her sister, she needed to study more!

Sometimes is she so immature, so childish. And she is not confident about herself, she thinks she is fat. And she doesn't have money.
Kara
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
read this author I heard.
this book is so great I heard.
you will love this one I heard.

AND YOU KNOW WHAT... I DO!
this book was awesome. I thought "I'll just read the first page and go to sleep"... well at 3am I finished the book. It was completely worth my ass dragging the next day!

So I am telling you all... READ. THIS. BOOK!
Heather Leigh
Apr 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports-romance
This book sucked me in!! I was hooked on Camden and Blue, and I CAN'T WAIT for book 2!!! :) ...more
Shannie's ⭐️Lookin' 4 My Next BBF⭐️
4 Camden Brooks is the Man Stars!!

• Down and Out (Knockout Love #1)
  • Tackled
  • Consumed (Consumed, #1)
  • No Paine No Gain (The Treehouse Boys #2)
  • Rule Play (Saints of Love #1)
  • Kiss To Forget (Blairwood University, #2)
  • Chase (Resisting Love, #1)
  • The Penalty Box (Greyford High, #4)
  • My Clarity
  • Game Changer
  • Beautiful Broken Rules (Broken #1)
  • Wicked Hearts (Poplar Falls, #3)
  • Dominic (Slater Brothers, #1)
  • Written on my Heart
  • Defy You  (Rebel Ink #3)
  • Steal You Away
  • A Redo (Sterling Shore, #6)
  • Behind His Lies
Stacy is a mother of three, lover of food, and self-proclaimed coffee addict. She is a world traveler and started her crazy adventures at the ripe young age of five. Her father was an officer in the Air Force, and it allowed for her to see places from the Azores, Portugal to Honolulu, Hawaii. Stacy went to eight different schools before she graduated high school. After having her first two childre ...more

The Core Four (4 books)
  • Slider (The Core Four, #2)
  • Cutter (The Core Four, #3)
  • Shutout (The Core Four, #4)

News & Interviews

“There’s no such thing as repayment or scorecards in friendship. If you need me, tell me, and I’ll be there no matter what.” 9 likes
“Because with that one look, I knew you were the girl who could ruin me.” 9 likes