Start by marking “Persuading Tomorrow” as Want to Read:
Persuading Tomorrow

Persuading Tomorrow

When the unimaginable happens and Jordan loses her best friend on the night she had planned to tell him her feelings, it leaves her to wonder if she’s the guilty party, but her memories of that night are fuzzy. In an attempt to leave her past and the hateful stares of her peers behind, she moves across the country to live with her mother in Esterwilde, Pennsylvania. It’s a ...more
ebook
Published September 5th 2014 (first published September 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Persuading Tomorrow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Persuading Tomorrow

Start your review of Persuading Tomorrow
Racheal
Nov 09, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
VERY RARELY, do I rate a book one star. I really hate to say this but this book was just way too rushed and unorganized for me. It lacked detail in so many aspects, from characters to backgrounds to the plot. The ending was waaaaay too abrupt and makes me so ticked that I don't want to know what happens next. Cliffhangers are great to use sometimes, but not in the way the author left it off. The synopsis and cover looked so promising and I'm just so bummed that it didn't pan out like I was hopin ...more
Tonya
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review for Rising Indies United

Wow, what an amazing read. It really pulled at my heart and made me feel so much for Jordan. Make sure that you have some tissue by you. You will need it! I am very impressed with J. Laslie and this book. She writes so that you can connect with the characters.

Jordan is your normal teenage girl, until tragedy strikes and her best friend, Micah, dies. She has guilt, depression, and foggy memories of that fateful night. She doesn't know how the fire started. People t
Cassie
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a great book about rising above and learning to live.

In Persuading Tomorrow we meet Jordan, a high school girl who wants to finally let her best friend Micha know how she feels about him.

One night of partying everything will change for Jordan. Her life will be crushed and one night she'll never get back.

Will moving away from her hometown help her move on? You can always leave, but the past has a way to always resurface.

Persuading Tomorrow has bullying and so much more, but at the end of the
Tina
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very entertaining debut story and I couldn't put it down. Jordan has had tragedy in her life and she has to learn how to deal with her past. She doesn't have parents who really pay attention to her and her depression. When she moves across the country to live with her mother, her past follows her. She meets a guy and they connect quickly. Several mysterious things happens to her and in the end the book leaves us with a cliffhanger. I will definitely get the next book as soon as it is o ...more
Wendy
May 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing debut novel from J Laslie! The characters are very easy to connect with and you feel every emotion that Jordan feels. Teenagers can be very cruel and it's captured in this book. I was not expecting all of the twists and turns and the emotions I felt. I was left thinking about Jordan for days after finishing this book and can't wait to find out what happens next. Don't miss out on this one you won't be sorry!
Avid Reader
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic first book. Lots of twists and turns and leaves you with a cliffhanger ! can't wait to read the next one. The characters are very heartwarming and endearing. Bullying happens too often and this is how Jordan has dealt with it and a night she doesn't remember. Even moving across country doesn't solve the problem, but Zyler's love helps her through the struggles and gives her the strength to learn valuable life lessons.
Kevin Laslie
May 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is absolutely amazing. The story of lessons learned follows Jordan throughout the book as she attempts to seclude herself into her own world. Trying to avoid Zyler as he does everything he can to get her to open up and enjoy life, she eventually learns to let go of the past and live life, but not before some very difficult situations arise.

Be ready for a ride that will have you reaching for tissues, savoring the chemistry between characters and leave you begging for more.
Alan
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I usually won't read anything other than disaster type books but i'm glad I made an exception for this one because I loved it and I will be waiting on the next one.
Karen
Aug 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful book to be the authors first she did a great job with drawing me into this story. I wasn't expecting a lot of the turns in it. Now my only question is where is book 2
May 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: autographed
I finished my edits last night and my book has been shipped off to my beta readers! Eep!
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

I received this book from the author for an honest review.

This book is about the pain that Jordan is dealing with after the death of her best friend. She feels the guilt and loss of him plus blames herself for his death after a night of partying. She can’t take it and so she moves across country to stay with her mom. Between the
Kenneth Morris
Dec 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent book, ends way too soon. The beginning shows promise, introduces folks, places you in the locations, and the stage is set. Predictable encounters happen for High School students. My biggest takeaway from this story is the POV shifts by chapter. We get into each of their heads. Still feels like an Afterschool Special or a John Hughes film. Edited well, formatted wonderfully for digital versions. The end. OMG.. I finished the book and immediately ran to Amazon to get Book 2... WHAT ?? WHERE ...more
Teressa
Nov 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book,even though it had teenage sex scene in it,yes,they were 18,barely,but teenagers all the same.Anyways,I did like the mystery and story lines,but was totally bummed that I stayed up late to see what happens only to find out you have to read the next book to find out.
Overall,good book and good plot and good writing.
Molly
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Story was very good:) I was impatient to find out the outcome of the prologue!
Ava Wood
May 23, 2016
Tricia
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. So many real life issues touched on in this story. How one drunken night can affect your life, how bullying affects others and is so wrong, and how you never know what someone is really going though. Also one kind person can make a difference.
I couldn't but this book down! Great story
Erin Danzer
Mary Bailey
Sep 06, 2014
Atty Eve
Sep 06, 2014
Jennifer Laslie is a crazy cat lady who lives in Utah with her wonderful family. Her office affords her a mountain view that she loves! When she's not thinking about cheesecake or cats, she can be found in the bookstore in the Young Adult section, coffee in hand.