Start by marking “Robin Robertson's Vegan Without Borders” as Want to Read:
Robin Robertson's Vegan Without Borders

Robin Robertson's Vegan Without Borders

"Vegan Without Borders" shares Robin Robertson's favorite dishes from the great cuisines of the world and shows how cooking vegan makes borders disappear. Whether the recipe hails from Ecuador or Ethiopia, these plant-based dishes invite you to travel the culinary world and sample 150 of Robin's all-time favorites. This mini-immersion into global cooking also reveals that ...more
Published September 9th 2014 by Andrews McMeel Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Robin Robertson's Vegan Without Borders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Robin Robertson's Vegan Without Borders

Lisa Vegan
Gorgeous hardcover book with lovely photos, though not of every recipe. 4 stars. star off because it was an inspired idea but then a lot of countries were missing and there were so few recipes for each country and region, and I found myself wanting more. The sampler format did work though. I got in some armchair traveling with not only the recipes but also the text info that accompanied each of the recipes and at the beginning of each section. I still wish that Canada and many missing European ...more
Jeannie Zelos
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Robin Robertson's Vegan Without Borders, Robin Robertson.
Review from jeannie zelos book reviews
I’m always interested in recipes suitable for my daughter. She’s been vegetarian for almost 25 years now, and of course all Vegan recipes are appropriate for her. These sounded so delicious too – its easy to assume Vegan food is all dull, uninspiring and bland, plates of boring cabbage and carrots, or some raw fruit, and no lovely creamy desserts or ice-cream, and yet here Robin shows us how far fro
Carolyn Reilly
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Robin Robertson's 'Vegan Without Borders' is a truly beautiful cookbook. It contains a wide variety of mouthwatering exotic dishes from around the world as well as veganized versions of classic favorites.

The recipes are categorized by region and each section includes appetizers, main courses, side dishes and desserts. There are also beautiful pictures of the prepared dishes as well as the country they hail from. The photography throughout this book is just as amazing as the recipes are.

The recip
Amber (bookstacksamber)
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, non-fiction
I was so excited to find this book! It can be very difficult to find world cuisine recipes that do not contain animal products. This cookbook has a wonderful variety of options from all over the globe.

I really liked that the beginning of the book included recipes for vegetable broth and seitan, two staples in vegan cooking. There are also suggestions for dairy and egg alternatives, which would be unnecessary for most long-term vegans, but it serves a quick guide for newbies. One thing I really l
Terri
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just downloaded this marvelous recipe book a couple of days ago. Being vegan and gluten free is a challenge , but this book is full of mouthwatering recipes. The photographs are beautiful. I have already made three recipes from here and they are absolutely delicious . This book is a keeper for me I plan on purchasing a copy.
Lara
This one really surprised me! There aren't pictures of everything, maybe only every 1 in 5 recipes is photographed, but I actually didn't even care because the food all sounded so good (except for the section about the U.S.--what is up with those guys, ha! Although there is a recipe for mac and cheese in that section, so I'll forgive the fake chicken nugget things)!

It's organized by part of the world, and sometimes by individual countries, and includes so much that isn't super familiar here but
Cindy Dyson Eitelman
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Vegan Without Borders
by Robin Robertson

Very informative cookbook with example recipes of many cuisines around the world. In most cases she selected one or two signature dishes of a cuisine that were already vegan or easily adapted. In only a few did she simply make a meatless version of a meat-based dish. I was pleased with that first approach--it's always good to remind yourself that many people don't build a diet around meat, milk and cheese.

I found a couple to try but how good they turn out t
Nerisa  Eugenia Waterman
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is no average vegan cookbook… this is a passport to culinary heaven. This cook book is your tour guide to countries around the world, leading you to vegan heaven, as your palate has one love affair after another. Accompanied by mouthwatering photographs that will inspire you to pack your suitcase and run to the airport, this cookbook is definitely a feast for the eyes, as well as your palate.
Trust me… this is not just your average summer love affair. This cookbook explains how to create cla
kathyrn
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone who cooks
This is truly a beautiful cookbook. Reading the recipes is making me hungry and the beautiful pictures of the places they are from makes me want to be on vacation. There are also numerous beautiful photos of the prepared dishes. This book is a perfect book for anyone who loves to cook whether they are vegan or not. The recipes are from all over the globe and when you read them you feel that you can make them.
Just a few of them are Polenta Rustica with Kale and Bean Ragout, Chickpea Nuggets with
Belinda
Aug 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vegetarian
A lovely cookbook that (like the title says) shares a bunch of normally vegan or veganised recipes from around the world. The recipes are also fairly simple and quick, with most of the ingredients easy to obtain and the instructions clear and simple. I also learned a lot from reading the book - for example, that there is a French version of basil pesto called basil pistou and a Greek bruschetta called dakos.

Although I haven't cooked anything from the yet yet, I have bookmarked a bunch of them an
Kelly
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
This book has a wealth of great vegan recipies, most seem very simple and easy and full of flavour. I love the fact that it has the recipies by region, it makes it so much easier to find something if you are feeling like a particular flavour combination. I like that the book addresses the five flavours and that the fifth is missing from vegetarian foods and can be supplemented with the given options. I may now be able to get my destintly meat eating other half to eat some vegan food.
Algona Public
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbook, mara
I love this cookbook! These recipes have really helpful categories: Low or No Oil, Quick & Easy, Gluten Free, and Soy Free (options). Being vegan with a soy allergy, it can be quite hard to find new recipes and the time to prepare them, but this book has a ton of hearty and satisfying dishes and the categories help me know whether it'll work for me right off. My favorite recipes: Cucumber and White Bean Ceviche, Moroccan Lentil and Chickpea Soup, Black Bean and Butternut Tortilla Bake, whoa!
Linda
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook, 4-stars, 2015
Definitely will be trying some of these recipes. May be able to do better on reducing meat consumption as a result. We've become so knowledgeable about cultural foods that little seemed foreign to me. This is a new book; I'll look for previous ones by same author.
Naomi
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Set up as a vegan tour, this is fine and fun for planning a weekly dinner and broadening the family's horizons or for a party with friends. But it is harder to use by recipe type, so best to mark the pages of favorites after trying them.
Tatjana
Jan 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is quite a nice cookbook. Everything I made from it was delightful and simple to make.
I will definitely need to check it out again to do more experimenting, but I suspect it will be an addition to my cookbook collection.
Inez
DelAnne Frazee
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Title: Robin Robertson's Vegan Without Borders Easy Everyday Meals from Around the World
Author: Robin Robertson
ASIN: B00IYP5HME
Reviewer: DelAnne
Reviewed For: NetGalley
My Rating: 5 Stars

Although not Vegan myself, I do have quite a few vegan friends and have a preference for vegetable dinners quite often. I have tried some cookbooks on Vegan meals and
GONZA
Aug 03, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Useful because it explains a lot of recipes whose ingredients are not that difficult to find even if they come from another hemisphere, also many photos are very beautiful. The only flaw is that not all recipes have pictures, and I prefer cookbooks that way.

Utile perché spiega un sacco di ricette i cui ingredienti non sono poi cosí difficili da trovare anche se provengono da un altro emisfero, inoltre molte foto sono molto belle. Unica pecca, non tutte le ricette hanno le foto e io i libri di cu
Dana
Sep 07, 2015 rated it liked it
This book has lovely photos, but there is not a photo of every recipe. There should be. Also, the ink that it is printed in is not black - it seems to be grey, blue, and brown, and is in a thin font which makes it difficult for me to read. The font that is used for the names of the recipes is fancy and swirly and difficult to read as well. The recipes look good, well written and easy to follow.
Lisa
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ARC received via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

This is a wonderful cookbook with dishes that will appeal to vegans and non-vegans alike! Most of the recipes don't seem too difficult to prepare, which is definitely a plus. I also love that the recipes are categorized by region. The photography is absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to try out some of these amazing recipes.
Cyndi
I think I would like this cookbook more if there were more photos. I don't need a photo of every single thing, but if the intro to the recipe talks about the unique shape of the pasta you're going to create, it seems like there should be a photo...
Moon
Jun 02, 2019
PorshaJo
Jan 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
An experienced chef and consultant, Robin Robertson worked for many years in restaurants and catering in northeastern Pennsylvania and Charleston, South Carolina before she began writing cookbooks. In 1988, she left the restaurant business and became vegan for ethical reasons. She then rededicated her life to writing and teaching gourmet vegan cooking.

Over the years, she has fine-tuned her plant-b