Start by marking “Exhaust(ed): The 99% true story of a bus trip gone wrong.” as Want to Read:
Exhaust(ed): The 99% true story of a bus trip gone wrong.

Exhaust(ed): The 99% true story of a bus trip gone wrong.

It's like the Love Boat, only sleazier. Our eighteen-year-old heroine travels across the United States by Greyhound bus, with only her Grace Kelly coat and her "Elements of Style" book to protect her. Original art work adds to this eccentric tale of travel on the cheap in 1993. Both terrifying and hilarious, this ill-conceived road trip is doomed from the start. It's funny ...more
Published March 12th 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published March 5th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Exhaust(ed), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exhaust(ed)

Start your review of Exhaust(ed): The 99% true story of a bus trip gone wrong.
Dwayne Fry
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very quick read and a very fun read. I loved every word of this book!

It's like a travelogue, but with a lot of spunk. I don't often do this, but I will most likely read this one again.

I'd recommend it for anyone who has had to travel by bus or anyone who wants to know what a nightmare such travel can be.
Larry
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a bizarre and sometimes very funny tale of the trials and tribulations of a young woman's Greyhound bus adventure from Durango, Colorado to Pennsylvania and back. It is a short and easy read, and parts of it really are hilarious.
Kristen
May 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable, a quick read and a quick wit!
Sheuringd1988
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny and quick read

I enjoyed this adventure and the art perfectly fits the story (love the cover). I recently completed an over 900 mile bus journey (one-way), the first time I'd been on one in over 40 years. And I was surprised how much I enjoyed the 24 hour trip. Bus travel is one cultural experience that doesn't change. My daughter accompanied me and her first ride is a time she'll never forget. Well-written and illustrated by a talented author I hope to hear more from in the future.
J. A.  Lewis
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
The author has a dry wit about her which I liked. The bus trip led to some encounters with a variety of characters, some charming, some not. I think what this short memoir said to me is that anyone can write about anything and have it published.
Cyra
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
This was a fun, quick read. I imaging sitting at a table with coffee with that one friend who always has a crazy story about the most mundane of events. Very enjoyable.
Dennis Lee
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A woman's 'On The Road'. Funny, scary, poignant, young-and-nuts fast-paced deepness.
Valerie Bradley
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a very cute book, read it in one night. What an adventure.
Shelli Colby
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable read

An interesting journey with an entertaining narrator. I enjoyed the book and would happily read more from this author. I hope there are more books coming.
Richard Croner
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very fun read. The author has a unique perspective that I enjoyed. I don't often read books just for fun but I am glad I read this one.
Cherie
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017, drama
Funny in parts but not great.
Carole P. Roman
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Endearingly funny road trip with an eighteen year old college student who learns about life as she takes the bus trip from hell across the country. Shoshanah Lee Marohn writes with clear eye and dry wit, observing the seedier side of the world, more as an observer than a participant. With admiral good will, she floats from situation to situation, commenting as if she were watching a tableau rather than being a passenger in this farce of a journey. She is surrounded by a creepy cast of characters ...more
Melissa
Jan 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Won this through a Goodreads.com giveaway and was excited to read a short story to kick off my 2017 list.

The authors description of this story sums up the book, not much more to add other than it is a tale you can picture yourself in or telling, as the "true" parts are spot on with how most of us would react or think Ina similar situation.
Bronwyn
May 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
This girl learn(ed) a lot of lessons the hard way--on a $59 Greyhound bus ride from Durango, CO, to Pennsylvania and back in 1993. A funny, witty, and quick read that makes you wish every chapter were the 1% untrue part.
shannon  Stubbs
Interesting

The book was interesting. Some of the adventures got me giggling a couple of times. It reminded me of something you would watch on YouTube. Loved the pictures.
Grannyreadsalot
Hilarious and true to life

...which shouldn't be surprising since it's 99% true. A fun and quick read. One warning, the "f" word is used briefly in one part of the book.
Christy Olesen
May 21, 2016 rated it liked it
A cute story of teenage adventures told with humor and perception.
Peggy
Apr 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

• His Secret Life
  • Dein perfektes Jahr
  • In Good Faith (Joe Dillard #2)
  • My Warped Italian Catholic Childhood: Little Rosemarie of the 50's is Confessing Sins at the Gossip window
  • Aventuras in Spain a Memoir
  • An Innocent Client (Joe Dillard, #1)
Shoshanah Lee Marohn is an artist and writer. She lives on a small farm in rural Wisconsin with several goofy looking sheep.