Start by marking “Asher (Inked Brotherhood, #1)” as Want to Read:
Asher (Inked Brotherhood, #1)

Asher

(Inked Brotherhood #1)

Now eighteen, Audrey returns to her hometown for the first time after the accident – the car crash that took her dad and scarred her for life. She’s here to start again. Go to college and have fun. Make new friends. Get over the past.

But the past won’t let go. Asher is here – her first kiss, her first heartbreak. More handsome and distant than ever, he’s still the boy who
Published May 12th 2014 by Jo Raven

To ask other readers questions about Asher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Asher

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireEasy by Tammara WebberRule by Jay CrownoverHopeless by Colleen HooverThe Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski
tattooed love boys
1,158 books — 3,356 voters
Until November by Aurora Rose ReynoldsUntil Nico by Aurora Rose ReynoldsTall, Tatted and Tempting by Tammy FalknerUntil Lilly by Aurora Rose ReynoldsUntil Trevor by Aurora Rose Reynolds
best brotherhood
396 books — 216 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Asher (Inked Brotherhood, #1)
Jen
Eeh, it was alright. Yeah, that's all I've got. Full review to come if I can think of something worthwhile to say. Something better than "I didn't love it but it didn't suck."
✿kawehi.reviews
description

Seriously. I didn't even get the point of it.
Lenor
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh boy!! Another one that completely teared my heart!!

Amazing!!! Efing amazing!!

When you start reading this book you have that feeling, that little voice in your head that tell you "don't stop this is a really good one and you'll regret it if you stop now"

Well I couldn't stop, this book amazed me in so many ways... so here we go...

Asher, broken, that's all I can tell you, he's had a hard life, losing every single hope and feeling completely shattered, he only has one wish, to make her happy, t
DKristin
May 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one! It was frustrating how many little things kept them from working something out or from preventing something not so good from happening. It was realistic though, we are all afraid to talk about something, or pride keeps us from asking for help when we need it, or we don't want to be judged or pitied so we don't tell those close to us the entire story. No one is immune from having to struggle with communication problems at some point in time. Ash is just gorgeous inside ...more
Vallsykes
May 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
More YA than NA, despite the steam involved. The hero was of the tortured kind, but he was more beat up physically than characteristically developed, which made him seem weak. The Heroine was supportive, but not written well enough for me to connect with. Abandonment, death and insecurity are dealt with; however, all elements passed through the plot without creating much of an impact.

Could have been a great story. It could have been...
Dilek VT
Jan 05, 2020 rated it did not like it
Bad.. really bad...
1,5 stars but not 2

I read No Saint by this writer and loved it so I wanted to try this series but it started with a book I tried really hard not to DNF. I don't think I will continue the series after this horrible start.

It is boring and annoying for many reasons.

Here's why I didn't like this book:

* Stupid excuse for separation

I never understood why he kissed her and then avoided her at high school. He explanation is as follows: His father was a violent man and he was beatin
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
I liked this story, but somewhere it just fell flat for me.

Maybe I expected a bit more from the cover...

Still a good read, but wanted more :-(
Gisbelle
Actual Rating: 2.5

It was too dragging and rather messy for my liking. I guess maybe because the author wanted to introduce other characters who later will have their own books. It was nice to get to know some background stories of those characters, but it was also very confusing. Besides, the book was not very original, for there are so many other books with similar storyline. I probably won't continue this series.
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★
It was an okay read for me.
Asher seemed nice enough though the book was way too rushed for me!
You hate him, you loathe him, 5 days later you love him more than anything..
Must be nice to turn your feeling on and off again..
Tate
May 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
image:

really enjoyed this book, sometimes I felt the character were actually older that they were but than again the hand of life they got was quite sucky for both of them... nice read and I'm gonna read the next one...
Tori
2.5

Though touted as NA, I found the characters and the underlying tone of the story more YA. Lots of angst, self recrimination, assumptions, and general drama. An okay story that didn't being anything new to the table. I kept wanting to skim through all the never ending drama to the good parts.
Megan Fall
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Inked bad boys are the best! Loved Asher and will definitely be reading the rest of the series!
Kami Dodson-Perry
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks-other
Audrey returns to her hometown after finishing high school in another town when her and her mom moved away. They could not stay after her dad was killed in the accident, it was just to hard.

Now Audrey is ready to start college and find her own path. Then she sees him. The boy that was her best friend, the boy who kissed her, the boy who ignored her so long ago, the boy she loves, the boy that broke her heart, Asher.

Asher knows to stay away from Audrey and does his best but a late night with Audr
Chappy
3.5 just OK stars

Lots of drama and "I'm not good enough for her so I'll ignore her" bullshit.

I'm not sure why Asher stayed with his dad...I would have left a long time ago.
Lani ⚔⚔  the Destroyer ⚔⚔
I'm on the fence with Asher. Firstly I didn't read the synopsis very well and didn't realise both MCs were just 18. That aside I have read some fantastic NA books but the very beginning of Asher was like some disjointed High School soap. On one hand the guys acted older but Audrey was just a juvenile hot mess and her character was inconsistent. Asher's abuse had me sratching my head; i was surprised how dependant on his abusive father he was. At 18 he had little plan to get the hell out of dodge ...more
CeCe
Another one that could have been so good but was bad. Audrey claims to not want to see Asher, her childhood friend, ever again, but that is hard since after three years she returns to her hometown where she is attending the same college as Asher and goes a party where she knows he will be.

Audrey is scarred from a tragedy that happened 3 years ago. Asher has his own guilt and problems but the world revolves around Audrey. She hates him and then not a week later loves him. It really took nothing.
Heather andrews
May 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Asher he doesn't want to admit it but he's still hard for Audrey, his body will admit it though, "oh sh**. I put both my hands, bleeding or not, over my crotch, hoping to hide evidence of the direction in which my thoughts are wandering." Audrey she's adorable when it comes to Asher's body, "I look down at his erection. It's rock hard, the head purple, and liquid drips from the small slit. It's hot. Sexy. Makes my skin burn with desire. As I watch, his co** twitched. "If you keep looking at it l ...more
Jos
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

ok, so I loved the intro to their story but when I actually read their story it was just ok for me. Not great and not terrible but just in between. I am however intrigued enough with all of these characters to definitely give it another go with the next book. Please, I hope I get to see much more happiness for Asher and Audrey too throughout this series as they deserve it after all they have been through! Plus they are genuinely in love and I only wish I got "more" of their time togethe
Julissa
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
Not quite sure how I feel about it. No I do...it just seemed so pointless. it left nothing with me. I usually have a bit of book glow or even straight up frustration after reading. But this one left me feeling nothing. Which resulted in then feeling like I wasted my time. I did finish it so there is that as a positive. I get that some books will deal with the harsher subjects of life, but man did this one push forward the drama. To the point that it was annoying all the reasons and excuses they ...more
Emily

HEA: (view spoiler)

Recommend: Not really
Re-read: Nah
Read more from author: Possibly

This was an okay read for me, it was sweet just didn't offer anything new, like any other generic ya/na tortured hero. Just seemed to float on the surface of a possibly good book, had no depth at all. Not bad though by any means, just
Kj
Jul 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: abuse

While this read was enjoyable there was not anything really special about it.Usually I highlight tons of profound quotes but there were really not any in this book. The lead character makes some very stupid choices which lead to trouble and while I did enjoy the book somewhat, I like male leads with more spunk and Asher lacked that for me. He was very young and immature and that being said this is an okay read but I'm unsure at this point if I will continue this series.

D.C.
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Inked bad boys are my favorite, and Asher is no different. He's a tortured soul, this book is only the fist in the Inked Brotherhood series and I'm excited to see where the story goes from here.
Cristina
2.5 ~ 3 stars
I never warmed up to Ash even with his POV. The kid or "man" was always confused. Meh I didn't care for the romance either.
Simmie
Nov 13, 2014 rated it did not like it
BORING…It was like soup with no seasonings…terrible. I normally don't like to give bad reviews but don't do it to yourselves guys
Darcy
Aug 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book, 2018, rw, romance, new-adult
This one has been on my maybe list for a while now. I fully admit to the cover drawing me to it. As I started to read I was iffy on it, but once I realized what was going on with Asher I couldn’t stop reading. My heart broke with each new thing we learned. I hated how alone and desolate he felt, hated that he didn’t/couldn’t/wouldn’t turn to his friends more. I think had they known they would have stepping in soon and given a lot more help.

I liked Audrey, liked that it seemed like she came home
Brandi
Jul 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: new-adult
A good start to a new-to-me New Adult series! It had sexy-sweet second chance romance moments, heartbreaking scenes from both the present & the past & an intriguing cast of characters.

I liked Asher & Audrey together. I loved that they had a history with one another (second chance is my FAVORITE kind of story), when they finally opened up to family/friends & how strong they were as a couple. Here's hoping we get more of them in the next book!

I do wish there was a little more dialogue between Ash
Maria Wood
Feb 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Hmmm unsure. Ok I guess
Ela
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: e-books

the writing was awful & the story doesn’t really have a point.
Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
"Asher" Inked Brotherhood One is written by author Jo Raven.
Published: May 12, 2014
My Rating: 5 Stars.

First Review August 2014:
This book broke my heart. It was so damn sad. Although I was glad with the happy ending it still makes you wonder if Ash is going to be alright. I've never read a book with this type of abuse before. I didn't expect it when I started reading. But I couldn't stop I needed to know that everything is going to be okay.

Updated/Revised Review December 2016:
I love Jo Raven. I
Pammy
May 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
“Dammit.” He grabs my arms. His eyes blaze. “I’ve done my best to keep away from you, and now...” He presses me against the door. “I shouldn’t be here.”
“But I want you here,” I whisper, too aware of his strong body pressed against mine, his musky scent. “Always have. Even when I thought you didn’t want me.”
“Why are you saying these things to me now?” His face dips toward mine, his eyes half-closing. “All this time I thought you loathed me.”
“I don’t. I...” His hands land on either side of my head
Kindle Lending (T...: Looking for Asher by Jo Raven 3 19 Jul 09, 2014 05:57AM

• Maybe Matt's Miracle (The Reed Brothers, #4)
  • Zip, Zero, Zilch (The Reed Brothers, #6)
  • Sal (The Ride, #2)
  • Cherishing His Forever (Forever #3)
  • Loving His Forever (Forever #2)
  • Good Girl Gone (The Reed Brothers, #7)
  • Devil Souls MC Bundle: Books 1-4
  • Rooter (Double H Romance #1)
  • Liam (Devil Souls MC #4)
  • Calmly, Carefully, Completely (The Reed Brothers, #3)
  • Chase (Resisting Love, #1)
  • Cole (The Ride, #1)
  • Obsession (Seven Deadly Sins, #2)
  • Until Nico (Until, #4)
  • Proving Paul's Promise (The Reed Brothers, #5)
  • Maria (Made Men, #7)
  • Techy (Devils Souls MC #2)
  • Cocked and Loaded (Lucas Brothers, #4)
Be the first to get your hands on Jo Raven’s new releases & offers, giveaways, previews, and more by signing up here ▶ http://bit.ly/1CTNTHM

Jo Raven is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, best known for her series Inked Brotherhood and Damage Control. She writes edgy, contemporary New Adult romance with sexy bad boys and strong-willed heroines. She writes about MME fighters and tatt

Inked Brotherhood (6 books)
  • Tyler (Inked Brotherhood, #2)
  • Zane (Inked Brotherhood, #3)
  • Dylan (Inked Brotherhood, #4)
  • Rafe (Inked Brotherhood, #5)
  • Inked Babies (Inked Brotherhood, #6)

News & Interviews