Start by marking “Made for You (The Best Mistake, #2)” as Want to Read:
Made for You (The Best Mistake, #2)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Made for You

(The Best Mistake #2)

Some mistakes are worth making...

Lauren Layne's Best Mistake series continues with MADE FOR YOU.

When the Wrong Guy is Oh-So-Right

Will Thatcher is exactly the type of sexy playboy good girls like Brynn have always avoided. And yet there was still something about him she just couldn't resist. When Will moved across the country three years ago, Brynn vowed it was time to put
Published October 28th 2014 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Made for You, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Ana M. Haha that was my first question after I finished the epilogue. I would love to know.

• Lisa •
FIVE LOVE TO HATE YOU STARS.

"he would hurt her and she had already hurt him ..."

description

Nothing makes me fall in love more than a Lauren Layne novel. After reading all there is to read by this author I imagined that I would find some fault or disappointment but happily for me once again I've been completely won over by an author that I can say with confidence is by far one of my all time favourites. Any time I hear of an up and coming release for Lauren Layne I'm always excited to see what this author
Catarina
4 Life Changing Stars.

Brynn has her life her planned out. Seriously, she has a whole bunch of lists about literally anything that her future can embrace. When something unexpected happens she realizes that maybe sheer perfection isn’t the best way to live and decides to take a break… for herself.
Helping her is Will, her sister-best friend whom she had an affair a few years ago… and the man that has absolutely anything in common with her, so it’s safe to say he has no place in her lists.
But w
*****FIVE STARS*****

I can't even believe I waited so long to get to this one!
It was better than the first book and I loved that one something fierce!!

So happy that I have some free time to get to books I've missed out on. :)
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
4 stars

Will was a lovely book boyfriend. When he was happy I was happy. When his heart broke mine did too. As for Brynn she started off fine but as the story progressed I found her a snob, always thinking poor Will wasn't good enough for her.

Despite the frustrating heroine she sort of redeemed herself in the end, I did end the book feeling happy and it was just one of those romantic heart flutter books with great banter. I'm definitely still a LL fan!

ARC provided by NetGalley
Alp
The readers who used to read Only With You, the first book in The Best Mistake series, have already known that Will and Brynn obviously had a huge history together. Whatever you've been curious about them will be revealed in this book.

Will and Brynn first met in high school and he instantly fell in love with her. Will was a sophomore and Brynn was just a freshman. Both of them should be high school sweethearts but some misunderstanding turned them into enemies.

During Brynn’s childhood, boys were
Tamara
EDIT: The Full Review aka 'How To Woo A Girl And Make Her Fall In Love With You -Will Thatcher Style'

IMAO, so bad it's good :D

Short review: I laughed at the book, not with the book thanks to the whole ridiculous rom-com tropes it had. But since this is a Lauren Layne book I also kinda liked it. Now, if you excuse me I'm gonna write a full review to poke fun at it ^_^

***

How To Woo A Girl And Make Her Fall In Love With You -Will Thatcher Style-

- Run her bra up the flagpole in her freshman year

- Sh
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Made for you by Lauren Layne took me by surprise. I wasn't expecting to LOVE it the way that I did. The story was sweet, heart tugging and left me feeling so fulfilled. The characters were easy to love, incredibly witty and captured me on the first page. Add in the seamless writing, a plot line that keeps you glued to your seat, and you have a FANTASTIC read. All in all it was a complete breath of fresh air that I didn't even know I needed.

Will and Brynn have pretty much hated each other since
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
3,5 LL Never Gets Old Stars

Not my favorite by the author but I still enjoyed it a lot! Review may come...
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
Sophie couldn't have been more wrong about Brynn not making mistakes.
Because not so long ago, she'd made the most elementary of all mistakes.
And he was staring right at her.

Eeeeeeeep!!! Did I mention....that I love Lauren Layne?? I have? Fifty times, you say? Yeah, well. I. Don't. Care. Never has an author been able to make me smile more, laugh more, swoon more (that's up for debate, but I'm talking big picture here, people), and tear up all in one book. It's just not possible! But, this woman
Jacob Proffitt
Mar 09, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: unfinished
What the crap was this?!? At less than 15% I'm out and I am deeply grateful this isn't my first Lauren Layne because Will is a disgusting jerk and Brynn is an idiot and I'm glad I already know that Layne can do better. Will's version of "love" is a twisted, despicable, manipulative thing that cries out for therapy and a long talk about the benefits of not being a creepy snotbag. When I'm asking myself "what would someone who absolutely hated Brynn do?" and find the answer matches exactly with Wi ...more
Robin (Bridge Four)
3.5 Cotton Candy Stars

There are a few things that I require from my contemporary romances. There needs to be a few likable characters, some hot chemistry and I NEED that cutesy HEA. I got all three in Made for You. This is an easy to read romance that has you pulling for the uptight smart chick who has her entire life planned out but isn’t really living. Even though this is The Best Mistake #2 it can easily be read as a stand-alone since all pertinent information from The Best Mistake is rehashe
Srikari
Oct 11, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, yummy-guys
ARC provided via netgalley!

3.5 stars!! XP

U know what Lauren Layne did? DO you? She made me feel something for Brynn. And for those of you who don't know, I hate Brynn more than any person in the world, more than Justin Bieber to be precise.

This is the magic in her writing! This is why I go nuts when I see her books! The plot just made me want to do the macarena!

description

So we meet Brynn and will in Only with You. We know that Will loves her and Brynn just looks at him as a one night stand. WhIle I just
Rhea Dsouza
All these enemy-to-lover thingies? They’re my thing! Totally my trope. I love them to death. And Lauren Layne is pretty fucking good at them. Look at her history of writing books where the characters can’t stand each other and then over the course of time, they fall in love with each other. There’s Broken , Isn’t She Lovely, Only With You and now there’s Made For You.

Made for You is the story of Brynn and Will, both of whom we meet in Only With You. Brynn Dalton, Sophie’s older sister is locked
Nadia
First of all, I am a huge fan of Lauren Layne and I am a huge fan of enemies to lovers story, but this book didn't work for me at all.

The romance was bad. Not Gaga bad because that song makes zero sense, but just very wrong.
What Will and Brynn had was not healthy. They were constantly arguing and throwing insults, they weren't honest, weren't respectful to each other.
Will was downright cruel with Brynn, not to mention unfair. He was never open about his feelings, yet he somehow expected Brynn
Lyndy Ann ♫
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lauren-layne
Lauren Layne never disappoints we are guaranteed a romance that has more ups and downs that a roller coaster.

Brynn and Will have been enemies since high school but Brynn cannot escape Will as Will is her younger sister Sophie's best friend he's always there at family gatherings and Sunday lunches. Fifteen years down the line when Brynn has moved to the suburbs she goes next door with a plate of cookies to welcome her new neighbour who turns out to be Will.

After a break up Brynn take's time out f
Michelle
5 Stars!
Another enemies to lovers by LL that's become a favorite of mine.
Loved Will and even though Brynn was a snotty bitch at times I still loved her too! Her and Will cracked me up with their banter. Loved this one! Can't wait for more of this series:))
Samadrita
Nuh uh!
This had so much potential of becoming a well-written romance between rounded characters. But instead the plot just degenerated into an incoherent, contrived mess in which almost none of the things that Will and Brynn do (for two adults in their 30s) made any sense to me.
Lauren Layne was on the verge of becoming my new favorite go-to author for romances (especially after her Isn't She Lovely - a Pygmalion adaptation) but after this one, I am not sure. It seems like she wrote this in a hur
 Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss (book blog)
In romance novels, it's more commonplace to see the heroine floundering and falling all over the hero, with him being clueless or blind to her feelings, than the other way around. In Lauren Layne's MADE FOR YOU, we meet Will and Brynn, two frenemies with a long history of hating each other. But you all know what they say about line between love and hate, right?

I had such a blast reading this book. I read this book in one sitting; I simply couldn't put it down. I was all in and invested from the
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
4 What's happening to me? stars

Lauren Layne has really a way to move my heart even when I don't expect it. She almost always manages to blow my mind and to make me forget all my previous thoughts.

That author? She found the exact amount of angst, snark, sweet, hot to suit my tastes in contemporary romance. Such a revolution. Seriously.

I mean, hey, sometimes when I read a romance I'm like that -

Or - did he say "I love you" here?

I know, that sucks.

But, again, here I am, reading the last sentence
The Reading's Love Blog
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
LA RECENSIONE COMPLETA QUI: https://thereadingslove.blogspot.it/2...

Ho amato Brynn tanto quanto ho amato Will, ma partiamo dal principio!
Come sempre il libro inizia in modo divertente, così da farti amare il libro già da subito.
Troviamo Brynn alla festa del suo 30esimo compleanno, chiusa in bagno a crogiolarsi nella sua ‘vecchiaia’. A quella festa rivede Will, il suo peggior nemico. Brynn e Will si odiano dai tempi del liceo, Will ha iniziato a prenderla in giro e farle scherzi di ogni tipo. Que
Marla Mei

Usually, I enjoy a love-hate relationship or two. All that dripping sexual tension between two people disguised as supposed hate for each other. And the banters! Gosh, those are what I love the most!

I did enjoy that in Made For You. Lauren Layne's one of my go-to authors after all. What I didn't enjoy was how the antagonistic relationship between the two main characters became way too extreme for my liking. The words they threw to each other's faces got way too hurtful that I was almos
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

MADE FOR YOU is my very first book by Lauren Layne. This is the second book in the Best Mistake series and revolves around the enemies to lovers trope.

Brynn has just turned thirty-one and at her own birthday party, we find her hiding in the toilets, trying to come to grips with how her life ended this way. Immediately I could feel for this character. But as I continued to read and I learned that she has a stable job that she loves, a boyfriend whom she hopes to marry one day and a sister who ad
Leigh
I received this from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Made for You is book two in The Best Mistake series. What a follow up to Only with You! Lauren Layne continues to deliver with a fun, heart-warming romance.

Brynn prides herself on being the perfect daughter, sister and career woman. Her to-do-lists have made her what she is today so why isn't Brynn happy. Maybe her perfectly planned life isn't what she needs? Will Thatcher has been part of Brynn's family since their high school year
Keertana
Eh. I love these types of antagonistic love stories but I found the protagonist, Brynn, to be far too selfish and stubborn to truly enjoy this. We met both Will and Brynn in the previous novel in this series but only briefly--enough to know that Will loved Brynn and Brynn simply saw him as a one-night stand. Now, three years later, Will is back in Brynn's life after unexpectedly moving to Boston and, this time, he has plans to win Brynn over once and for all. Brynn, however, refuses to change he ...more
Nakeesha
I love Lauren Layne's voice. I'd happily read her grocery list if she published it. I finished this book, enjoying her snarky, witty dialogue and insights, but I do not believe in these two characters. Brynn and Will were kind to each other for only about 5% of this book. The rest of the time they were horrible to each other. Mean bullies that truly hurt one another. I did not believe in the HEA. I'm certain they'll get divorced in three years.

ARC received by Netgalley
Michelle van Rij
Apparently the first time I read this one I give it 4 stars. This time, the third time around, I can’t give it anything less than 5 stars. I’m sorry, but it’s just that good. I love everything about the two books in this series. EVERYTHING. I mean, what’s not to love about proper Brynn, wild guy Will and the love they have for each other?
Zizz
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not the best I've read from her but still very good. Perhaps my biggest complaint was the lack of character development for the hero. He was just someone who was in love with her for a long time period and gave her trouble all the time to be noticed.
Beth
Dec 08, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
No no no no no. No.
Sharon L
3.5 RTC
*A review copy was provided by the publisher/author via Netgalley for the Blog Tour*

Amazon Link---->> Made for You (The Best Mistake)

~~ 5 Fire and Ice Stars ~~

If you're looking for that friends to lovers story that has great banter and sexual tension then this is the story for you. Made For You is the second book in Lauren Layne's Best Mistake series. Now with saying that, this book can totally be read as a standalone. You don't have to read book 1 to understand what is going on in thi

• From Johann To Tannenbaum (Toys and Soldiers #4)
  • Bad Habit (Bad in Baltimore, #6)
  • The Wulf Chronicles (WulfChron, #1)
  • Out, Proud, and Prejudiced
  • So I Married a Werewolf (Seattle Wolf Pack, #3)
  • The Art of the Deal
  • Hanging by the Moment
  • Timshel
  • Snow Day: Heart of the Storm\Seeing Red\Land's End
  • All Fired Up (Hot in the Kitchen, #2)
  • Just A Taste (The O'Learys, #5)
  • The Wedding Secret (Forever Love #3)
  • Wild Horses (Steel City, #1)
  • Island House (Dropping Anchor #1)
  • Yakuza Courage (The Way of the Yakuza #2)
  • Holiday Royale
  • The Winter Prince
  • The Walls Have Ears (College Fun and Gays, #3)
Important:: Lauren Layne is NOT active on GoodReads, and book dates/info represented on this site may not be accurate.

For updated book information, please visit the Lauren Layne Library:

For more about Lauren, writing tips, etc, please visit the main website:

The best way to stay up-to-date on upcoming releases is her newsletter:

The Best Mistake (2 books)
  • Only with You (The Best Mistake, #1)
“She escorted Abby to the reception desk to wait for her mom, knowing that nothing else she could say would make Abby hate her reflection any less, but silently sending up a prayer that life would be kind to the girl. That she would be happy instead of perfect.” 0 likes
“He was worried this version of Brynn would start asking questions that the real Brynn wasn’t ready to hear the answers to. Like why he kept her favorite wine stocked. Always. Just in case.” 0 likes