Start by marking “Chloe Sparrow” as Want to Read:
Chloe Sparrow

Chloe Sparrow

Chloe Sparrow is a twenty-five-year-old TV producer with a hit show on her hands. The Single Guy is a popular new reality series, where dozens of women are trying to woo bachelor veterinarian Austin Hawke. As the filming gets underway, though, accident-prone Chloe finds herself in one predicament after another: a wayward puck hits her in the face during a hockey game, she ...more
Published 2014 by Nimbus Publshing

To ask other readers questions about Chloe Sparrow, please sign up.
Marilyn I have! Read the first two chapters last night and laughed hysterically! I can tell it's going to be a good one :)

Start your review of Chloe Sparrow
Dave Atkinson
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. What a lot of fun. As the main character gets her life together, I kept thinking to myself "Lesley Crewe is turning this Toronto gal into a Maritimer..." and sure enough, about 40 pages from the end, Chloe utters the phrase "God love her." And I thought to myself: transformation complete.
Maearle
Sep 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Chloe is a bit quirky but why wouldn’t she be? Life events have affected her, a grandfather and Aunt that are like our own relatives, more than we care to admit. We all have a little Chloe in us, unsure of ourselves, keeping busy so as not to have to face the inevitable and a desire to just do good and help others. For anyone who finds the story a little unbelievable, isn’t that why we read fiction?
Anna
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm on a bit of a Lesley Crewe marathon, having only recently discovered her writing. I picked this up from the library Saturday, started reading it yesterday, and finished the final two chapters this morning. When I read the back to find it was about the producer of Bachelor-like reality show, I was a bit disappointed as reality shows don't rock my boat even a little. However I really liked her previous books that I'd read, so I dug in. I was ever so pleasantly surprised. I could hardly put the ...more
Edwina
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Chloe is the most annoying person ever. I didn't even come close to liking her until she adopted the dog, then of course she goes over the top and adopts two more dogs and a parrot. Sorry if this is a spoiler.

She goes over the top about everything, whether it's eating, not eating, working, not working, living in a dump for twenty years, or going all gung-ho to decorate like her life depended on it.

She makes me tired.
Lisa
Jan 25, 2020 rated it liked it
This book is a delightful juxtaposition of Kristan Higgins and Sophie Kinsella. The first half of the book went off with a bang; however, I felt the author just drew the story out too long in the second half. I felt myself saying enough already.
Overall, a good read!
Kelly Osmond
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lesley's work is always a great read.
Jo Lang
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Delightful!
Erin
Aug 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Actually - I would give it 3.5 stars.

The initial plot line was a bit too much for me. I'm not a reality TV person, and have watched 2 episode of the bachelor (maybe), therefore I had many *sighs* in the beginning. However, I loved relative happiness and looked at the comedy aspect in this novel. I was pleased when the plot turned towards some more serious topics and I found the book hard to put down (although vacation helps). it was predictable in many parts, yet contained a few surprises.

In t
Cathy Graham
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
I don't like reality shows so that aspect of the book didn't appeal to me that much. Also the character of Chloe Sparrow was a bit much and I found her irritating and wondered why a great guy like Austin would put up with her as she was insufferable. I liked the humour at first and her relatives were funny but then it became a bit like a farce but with a heavy depressing tone of her depression over her parents' death weighing things down. I liked her other books better than this one.
Darcy
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fast read.I enjoyed it.
Lorna
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was totally entertaining. LAUGH OUT LOUD moments. Loved the characters. Love this Maritime author!
Shelley MacKenzie
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I really liked it! Not a book I probably would of picked up if I hadn't already read some of her other work.
Heather
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love Leslie Crewe's books and characters!
Carrie Burke
Apr 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
light, fast read!
Abcdarian
Jan 06, 2015 rated it liked it
First half was quite funny, then it bogged down until a resolved but pretty unbelievable ending.
Janet

• Time of Departure
  • The Daughter's Tale
  • The Last Letter from Juliet
  • The Orphan Sisters
  • A Turn in the Road (Blossom Street, #8)
  • The House at Riverton
  • Goodbye, Paris
  • Crow
  • The Child On Platform One: Inspired by the children who escaped the Holocaust
  • The Orenda
Lesley grew up in Montreal, PQ. After graduating from Concordia University with a degree in English and Education, she and her hubby settled down in Homeville, Cape Breton and raised a family.

From 2000-2005, Lesley was a features writer and columnist (Home Fires) for Cape Bretoner Magazine, and from 2005-2009, a columnist (Lesley's Letters) with the on-line magazine, Cahoots.

In 2005 her first no