Start by marking “Mismatch” as Want to Read:
Mismatch

Mismatch

#1 New York Times bestselling author Tami Hoag mixes passion, politics, heartbreak, and humor in this powerful classic novel ignited by a man and woman whose desire for each other could lead them both to ruin.

They were totally wrong for each other. A romantic odd couple. It was clear at first sight. Bronwynn Prescott Pierson was a jet-setting socialite, a one-time fashion
Published June 24th 2008 by Bantam (first published March 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Mismatch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mismatch

Anita
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My last two books were romantic-suspense that were really heavy on the suspense/terror element. I needed something lighter and with a touch of humor. Mismatch fit the bill to a T. I absolutely love these older romance books by Tami Hoag. They have H/h who are just wonderful. I know, the book is dated. The pop culture references are 25 years out of date. That doesn't bother me. What shines through is that this is a wonderful, sweet, humorous love story.

Bronwynn is a Boston heiress who found her f
Linda Petersen
Oct 08, 2010 rated it it was ok
Basically a bodice-ripper. Sex, sex, sex... after a while I just skipped those parts. The plot line was pretty basic, the characters stereotypical. I did actually finish it though - quick read, 2, maybe 3 days. I got a bunch of Tami Hoag books from a library sale, and I'm going through them chronologically by published date. Thank goodness she eventually moves on to big girl books!
Mary
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
This will be my last book by this author. This was disappointing as the dialog was predictable and not very interesting.
Shaun Collins
A romance novel that doesn't quite have enough romance (though lots of non-descript sex) featuring the old cliche of two people who hate the other, but are inexplicably drawn to each other. The "Mismatch", in this case, is a senator and a fashion model. But the senator is a nice guy who cares about his constituents (not like the current crop of legislators). He's even hunky, despite living off microwave burritos and suffering from an ulcer. The fashion model comes from a bad break up on her wedd ...more
Molly
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Too much explicit sex. Not very believable: why would she fall for him (other than lust, which can be confused for love)?; why would he fall for her? Is it realistic that she would tell only her sister? Is it realistic that she would suddenly (after how many years?) remember the house her uncle left her rather than going to her sister's place? Books can stretch the boundaries of the imagination, and they do not have to be realistic (grounded in the everyday). This does stretch the imagination. A ...more
Newly Wardell
Feb 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Romance novel from a princess of horror crime fiction, oh yes please. Tami is a real writer it's not all death and horribleness but she can write ANYTHING! Is this the most believable love story every written, nah. But I did root for the scrappy congressman and his mismatched eyes socialite paramour. I love when writers do the unexpected and Tami surprised me, because I just knew she was going to sneak a corpse somewhere.
Darcy Gregg
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
i enjoyed Tami Hoags dectective novels but really found this one hard to stomach, especially the pet sheep. I mean my cousin had a pet sheep, they are not much of a pet, really stupid and pretty stinky, Pig would have made much more sense. but then again the book was pretty nonsensical.
DeeAnn Jeschke
Jun 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
Started reading it and it seemed like a fun little romance. Towards the middle and the end it became a lot of sex with much more detail than necessary. I quit reading. I don’t mind innuendos or even a quick statement that they had sex, I don’t need an anatomy or how to lesson though.
Tracie Gutknecht
1.5--This was the audio abridged version and I'm not sure if that's what contributed to the low score or if it was because I was expecting a mystery and got a romance. Either way--not worth the time.
Kim
Mar 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Good book, almost predictable, a bit saucy.....
Zoe
Jul 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
Boring
Shan
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
While this is one of those predictable endings it was sweet and a fun read.
Grace
Jul 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
This was a light fun read. It was written in 1989 so its a throwback to read about boom boxes and people trying to quite smoking and no cell phones.
Glynda Roy
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet romance. Light and fun!
James N Fulton, Jr.
i was expecting a typical Tami Hoag, but got a romance novel instead, Disappointed.
Kelly
Aug 24, 2012 added it
Shelves: romance
Since the last couple of books I've read have been thrillers and mysteries, I wanted something a little lighter. I also love Tami Hoag. Well, this is definitely lighter, but I have to say it is easy to tell that this is one of Ms. Hoag's early works. I have read some of her early books and enjoyed them, but they have all been mainly her mysteries and not Harlequin style romances. I found her at her "Thin Dark Line" stage of writing and have enjoyed all of her books since.
Having said all of that,
Jessica
Dec 02, 2012 rated it liked it
I'm a fan of romance books and i have read some of hoag's earlier works so i don't think thats why i couldn't get into this one but it was definitely not her best work. First of all the heroines name is godawful and i cringed every time i read it. The plot isn't too bad i especially liked the opening wedding scene. But the romance fell a little flat for me. The reader is constantly reminded how little the pair have in common except for this overwhelming attraction. Now im a pretty moder
Maura
Darcy
May 18, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, romance
This was a cute little story of a woman who right before she marries finds out her groom has been sleeping with her cousin. She goes through the wedding up to the point of "Does anybody know why these two" and then in front of all of their family and friends lets the secret loose. Then heads out to heal her hurt.

Bronwynn heads to the house she inherited from her uncle, her favorite childhood spot. Too bad when she gets there the house is in shambles, but she is determined to stay there. Meanwhi
Sharyn
Jul 02, 2013 rated it liked it
"Mismatch" by Tami Hoag was written in 1989, and it shows. Smoking again. I can't believe how much it offends me, but at least in this book, it also offends the girlfriend and the hero eventually stops. A cute read, but a big suspention of belief as the Heroine is rich, beautiful, tries to single handidly remodel a wreck of a house, makes a sheep a pet, and other silly stuff. She has 1 endearing quality, she misquotes cliche's. The hero is an overworked congressman. They meet cute, fall fast, ha ...more
Jeanne (love2cook)
Aug 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
A nice little romance story. This is the perfect odd couple. Bronwynn Prescott Pierson, a jet setting socialite and model, and Wade Grayson, a straight laced congressman, they meet in a chance meeting in Vermont. She was escaping her self botched wedding and he was under doctors orders to get some rest and relaxation. The attraction was mutual and would love develope from this powerful draw that keep them together?
Catetyson
Apr 10, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book got me on page one! I was so happy! It is not a very deep book. It is full of emotion, romance and SEX! (Who doesn't need a book like this every once in a while?) Tami Hoag is one of my favorite authors. She normally does suspense/mystery with romance mixed in, but occassionally it is just a good love story.

Unfortunately, the book was great until the last 4 pages. I had to give it 4/5. It is a great car trip or beach read.
Emily Higgins
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Bronwynn Prescott Pierson accused her fiancé of infidelity at the altar and left the church alone. She decides to go to the house in Vermont that her uncle had given her 19 years ago. Naturally, the old house is neglected and needs a lot of work. Wade Grayson,, a Congressman from Indiana is staying in the nearest house trying to recover from ulcers. He finds himself helping with the work on Bronwynn's house and falling for her.
Pam Herrmann
Nov 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Nice little chick light book to listen to on my way to work with a happily ever after ending! Wouldn't it be grand if life were really like that?
There were a few things that I found hard to believe -- like the mice and raccoons making their appearance in her house during daylight hours...and the fact that she could wean Wade off cigarettes without him noticing - but 'tis a fairy tale after all....
Lisa
Feb 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
When I pick up a Tami Hoag novel, I'm looking for a bit of murder or suspense or something, not this hokey romantic drivel. Almost makes me want to up "50 shades" to two stars. Almost.

"The thoughts warmed her from inside out until she felt as soft and pliant as bread dough". Enough said.
Christine
Aug 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. Lots of laughs, some cries and lots of smirky smiles ;-) Bronwynn and Wade- what a pair! I could totally picture Foxfire, especially when Bronwynn first went there after the wedding. My favorite part was when they climbed the tree.
Lsmckinlay
Jul 09, 2008 rated it did not like it
this book was not worth the paper that it was written on. I found it to be very annoying and predictable. The story line was very thin- it could have been wirtten in one chapter not taking up a full book. With that being said I did read it from cover to cover in one day .
Barbara Huskey
Feb 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Tami's 1st book and definitely not a suspense, murder mystery or thrilling. It was a romantic love story. Glad I listened to the audiobook. For what it was, it was okay, but I'll be more careful to skip the romances next time and stick with the more exciting books she writes.
Pam Terry
Aug 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was fun. Two very different people but interesting each in their own way. Funny, sad, and witty, this book is exiting and romantic. There is a bit of mytery in there too. Very enjoyable.
Rick Robinson
Apr 30, 2009 rated it it was ok
I don't know if I wasn't in the mood for this or what, but this was not like any other Tami Hoag book that I have read before. This was just a love story--you know--boy meets girl--boy gets girl--boy loses girl-boy gets girl back. If you like that kind of stuff, go for it.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Mistress for a Month
  • The Kissing Game (Sunrise Key Trilogy, #2)
  • Dishonourable Proposal
  • Making Over Mr. Right (Goddess #3)
  • Golden Fancy
  • So This Is Christmas (Includes: The Protectors, #19)
  • Doing Good
  • First Born
  • Through My Eyes
  • Share No Secrets
  • Lone Star Winter: The Winter Soldier\Cattleman's Pride
  • The Long Surrender
  • Touchstone
  • The Perfect Fake
  • Married to a Mistress (The Husband Hunters, #1)
  • The Million Dollar Catch Bundle
  • French Quarter (Bayou, #1)
  • A Rose in Winter
Tami Hoag is the #1 internationally bestselling author of more than thirty books published in more than thirty languages worldwide, including her latest thrillers—BITTER SEASON, COLD COLD HEART and THE 9TH GIRL. Renowned for combining thrilling plots with character-driven suspense, Hoag first hit the New York Times Bestseller list with NIGHT SINS, and each of her books since has been a bestseller. ...more