Start by marking “Ribbon of Years” as Want to Read:
Ribbon of Years

Ribbon of Years

A realistic portrayal of a woman committed to God despite her circumstances. Miriam's unwavering faith throughout the decades of her life not only sustains her, but also impacts the lives of those around her in miraculous ways. Fans of Francine Rivers will love the inviting style of Robin Lee Hatcher.
Kindle Edition
Published April 11th 2014 by Ten Talents (first published July 13th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Ribbon of Years, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ribbon of Years

Nancy
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was by far one of the best books I have ever read as a Christian believer. It is a beautiful story of our own unfaithfulness, brokenness and pride and God's faithfulness, perfection and love for us. Robin illustrated this in a beautiful way with Miriam her main character and the ups and downs she had all through her life. It is truly an amazing story. I especially loved the actual examples from scripture that were used. Left me feeling refreshed and ready to set myself back on the path that ...more
Robin Hatcher
Ribbon of Years is so very dear to me. My mom was my inspiration for Miriam, a woman of strong faith who endures much hardship, and although she never saw herself in the protagonist, Ribbon of Years was her favorite book of mine. Mom's been gone since 2010, and whenever someone says how much they love Ribbon of Years, it's like a warm hug from Mom.
Cindy
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful Christian story that I really enjoyed! There are many "Ok" Christian books, and many "good" Christian books, but when you get hold of a really great Christian book, you know it and feel it in your whole body, mind and spirit, and that's what this book is - great. It's not easy to explain where God is in severe trials and pain in a Christian's life, but this author not only did it, she did it scripturally and well! I know I'll read this book many more times over the years. Thanks for ...more
Linda Marie Marsh
Apr 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Miriams lifetime is summed up by trinkets she kept in a box , and it's found during an estate sale after her death. The woman who discovered it is in a room with strangers -not realizing that each one has a special connection to it. And its thru Miriams collection and the group of people that the story of her life is told.
Faith Nguyen
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ah, one of the best books I’ve read. Definitely a fave!
CarolynB
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2019
This is an awesome stoy of love! It takes Miriam from headstrong teenager to humble, God loving senior adult. She faced many hardships in life, but each one made her stronger. This is the picture of a life lived for others and for God. It’s now one of my favorite reads of all time!
Marilyn Burrows
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's a 10 star novel!

I almost did not get this novel. Oh. I'm so glad I did. Such an inspiring story. Such as inspired life. Yes, it's a great book, but full of heart breaking experiences. But the faith, struggles and path that was taken was rich and fulfilling. And because of one person, she made a huge difference
Melissa
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just a great story. Beautiful themes of trusting God through everything and how He redeems even the most broken things.
Sue
Jan 04, 2019 rated it liked it
This book starts well. Julianna, a discontented woman in 2001 visits a house she is considering buying, and meets some people connected with Miriam, who used to own the house. The story switches between past and present, and we first meet Miriam as a headstrong teenager in 1936.

Julianna is not really developed at all, and by the time I'd reached the end I'd forgotten almost everything about her. Miriam's is the main story, and while it's mainly one of faith, she's so dogged by tragedy that I fo
Lillie
I want to be like Miriam. If someone looked through a box of keepsakes after I die, I would be so happy if what was in the box brought to mind a legacy of faith and love and strength in the face of adversity. Miriam started out as a rebellious teenager seeking glamour and fame, but she matured into a woman of God who shared her love and faith with everyone around her. Hearing her story inspired a woman who had never even met her to come to faith and change her life. This entertaining story demon ...more
Ruth A Calvin
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would give this book at least a ten. Remarkable story about remarkable people. The author's spirituality and her bible knowledge is amazing. Some of her scriptural interpretations really caused me to stop and realize that the bible is not of one man's interpretation. I was brought to tears several times, joyful ones, sad ones but OMG ones. (meaning how much her bible interpretations made me think 'out of the box.' And I am a bible student for over fifty years now.) You will love this book as m ...more
Dianne Sidebottom
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ebook 2018 version. original book 2001. Just as relevant today is this story. Even to Robin's recent book to me the theme is legacy. What am I leaving for those after me. The legacy is a faith in God and his goodness towards us. His faithfulness is his reward. The story was a reflection of Miriam's life through the town she lived in, parents n brother, church family, friends, husband, praying mother. tissues needed.
Joy Kidney
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two stories--one set in Boise, Idaho, in a house for sale, with a box of keepsakes--just an old poster, a small tray, a soldier's cap, a Nixon button, a black and white photo, and a soda fountain glass. But the keepsakes lead to a ribbon of stories of one woman, who had influenced the people connected to those mementos. It's a many-layered narration of the misdeeds humans are prone to, but also of God-centered redemption.
Emma
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't think there is anything wrong with this book but it left me feeling depressed so not for me. This was not because the book was depressing but I tend to find anything that looks at someone's whole life to be sad. It is good to remember that our time in life is fleeting and I do not think old age or even death are depressing in themselves but a whole life condensed to moments in a book or even a treasure box is sad. I hope many others find it inspiring.
Bailey
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My absolute favorite of Robin’s books! A poignant reminder that God is truly with us every step of the way in life’s journey, and if we trust in Him, we can experience joy even in the midst of extremely challenging circumstances.

“Yet I will exult in the LORD, I will rejoice in the God of my salvation. The Lord God is my strength…” - Habakkuk 3: 18-19a

“...For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” - Hebrews 13:5b
Julie Barrett
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Ribbon of Years by Robin Lee Hatcher
Enjoyed this book as it is two stories in one. Starts out with the life of Miriam and how she grew up and even into adulthood and family of her own.
Also follows Julianna and she's on her own but stumbles into an estate that holds the events of Miriams' life in the remains of the house.
Enjoyed the read, a lot of scripture and praying at the end-almost too much for me. Loved the story and how it eveolved over the years from all angles.
Sherry Cross
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ribbons

Ribbons of years follows the life of Miriam, told in flashbacks by those whose lives she had influenced. During the sale of Miriam's estate, a visitor, Julianna, finds a box tied by a ribbon & marked "My Life". She learns about Miriam from the characters woven through her life. This was the first book by Robin Lee Hatcher that I have read. It won't be the last.
Anita
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cried. Morgan's life is so hard. Yet, her faith is stronger. The back and forth between now and History was necessary and not a problem. I REALLY LOVED THE ENDING!!!!! no spoilers here. As always, well written believable characters. The story twists and turns so that it totally held my attention. It was so unpredictable. Again, I LOVED it.
Barbara Keigher
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful Christian fiction novel.

It deals with how to keep going when the going is tough or tragic.

I loved the way she wove scripture and how to apply it, to the super hard things in life.....
and when there are many more than one heartache.

It really spoke to me, and brought tears but encouragement.

I really recommend this book.
I hope to read more of this author.
Nancy Hammons
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this, it ran the gamut of emotions, I laughed, I cried and I got angry. Miriam's spirit and love of God reminded me a little of Abbie in "A Lantern in her hand". This book touched on different issues in the years between 1936 and 2001 including the issue of AIDS in the early '80s. It's a pretty powerful story. I hope the next one in the series is as good as this one.
B J Garrett
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book for anyone to read!

This book is inspirational for anyone. All of us have adversity to go thru in life and to be able to do it as Miriam did should be our goal. This book was better for me than most of the sermons I have heard! Thank God for giving us the Bible and for Christian authors who aren't afraid to use it!
Devon
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a great story!

I wasn't sure what to expect with this book... and I was not disappointed! It kept me guessing and I enjoyed following along through the Ribbons of Years of Miriam's life!
Aimee Stone
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What kind of legacy is my life leaving?

Such a sweet story of a woman who followed after God when life was good and when life was hard. She changed people's lives and made a difference! This was a very interesting story that made me think! I definitely recommend it!
Almondkareaol.Com
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: david-bunn
Satisfied my soul

How i never expected the outcome. What a great and gloriously awesome our God is to lead the writing of His children to take us on a lifelong journey in hours. Wonderful
Barbara Carter
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forgiveness and Grace personified!

Loved how each character was built and then how their story was followed in sections. Such a beautiful portrayal of life in a sin-filled world, but filled with God’s Grace and loving care. Anyone can enjoy the truths relayed in this novel.
Kathleen Mast
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
God is faithful

What a testimony to God's faithfulness! As Miriam walked out her life and faced each obstacle, she learned to lean into Jesus' loving arms. I loved the characters and mourned the losses along with Miriam. Great story!
Carol Round
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First book by this author

I downloaded this ebook when it was offered free months ago. When I finally started reading it, I couldn't put it down. This was my first experience with this author. I can't wait to read more books by Robin Lee Hatcher.
Lynne Hamilton
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
He is Faithful

I wasn't expecting this from a free or 99 book from Book Bub...boy was I wrong ! Great story, laughing and crying pages, fear and rejoicing ! I love how God can use a book that is fiction to teach us what HIS word says!
Suanna Gevers
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring!!

You can tell Robin wrote this story from her heart to inspire others to evaluate where they are in their life with Christ! You can't read this beautiful story and not be touched by the love of the hand of Jesus.
Brenda Poulos
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
His River

One of my favorite Christian authors. I loved every word of this book. It has inspired me in my own Christian walk. Her reminders to trust God each step of the way are so appreciated.

• Though None Go with Me
  • Mountain Top
  • A Hero for Dry Creek (Dry Creek, #5)
  • The Breaking Point
  • Simple Gifts
  • Second Chance Family
  • Claire's Not-So-Gothic Romance
  • Diva NashVegas
  • The Price of Freedom (Scottish Crown, #2)
  • Mail-Order Holiday Brides: Home for Christmas / Snowflakes for Dry Creek
  • Where Willows Grow (Heart of the Prairie #10)
  • Joelle's Secret (Wagon Wheels #3)
  • Silent Star
  • The Swiss Courier
  • Mending Places (New Heights, #1)
  • Home to Chicory Lane (Chicory Inn #1)
  • Gone to Ground
  • Brian's Choice (Plain and Simple Miracles #0.5)
Robin Lee Hatcher is the author of 80 novels and novellas with over five million copies of her books in print. She is known for her heartwarming and emotionally charged stories of faith, courage, and love. Her numerous awards include the RITA® Award, Christy Award, Carol Award, HOLT Medallion, National Reader’s Choice Award, and the Faith, Hope & Love Reader’s Choice Award, and she is also the ...more