Start by marking “Broken (Broken, #1)” as Want to Read:
Broken (Broken, #1)

Broken

(Broken #1)

Caleb is perfect in every way, almost too perfect and Gwen has never felt so happy. He is hers and she is his. Life can't get much better and their love can't get any stronger. That is until mistakes are made and their world comes crumbling down. She's left alone with no money, no home and a growing person invading her stomach. How will she survive?

Forced to leave culinar
ebook, 1st edition, 368 pages
Published April 19th 2014 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Broken, please sign up.
Selene It doesn't look like this one is uploaded to Goodreads so you probably can't read it online, but if you download it on Amazon (it's even free right…moreIt doesn't look like this one is uploaded to Goodreads so you probably can't read it online, but if you download it on Amazon (it's even free right now) you should be able to download a free Kindle reading app for your computer so you can read it on your computer if you don't have a Kindle. (less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Romina
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Patrycja
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing

BROKEN IS CURRENTLY FREE ON AMAZON!
Go grab it now!

Murphy
Release1
Broken
class="gr-hostedUserImg">
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)
4,5 BEAUTIFUL STARS <33

Holy Shit!!!What the hell was that????Wow!

This book is a true emotional roller coaster!!I fell in love with this book from the beginning!!!I had so many emotions while I was reading it..

Gwen goes through so many things, but she still manage to get past all of them and start over....
Gwen and Caleb are perfect. Caleb was sweet, loving and heart stoppingly delicious.
4,5 BEAUTIFUL STARS <33

Holy Shit!!!What the hell was that????Wow!

I love how these two find each other..Their relationship wasn't easy and was forced with obstacle.It's not easy when you are in a family who does not support you. But real love makes every sacrifices worth it...

That is until mistakes are made and their world comes crumbling down.
She may have lost Caleb, but Gwen also gained something precious....

Unfortunately, Gwen's mother and Caleb's famlly, are refusing to help her. That's when Caleb's strange brother Nathan steps in. When he discovers Gwen pregnant and living in near poverty, Nathan takes matters into his own hands to give her a better life.

Nathan has a dark side but he cares so much for Gwen and he tries a lot!!He changed a lot!
I can easily see how she became captivated by him..and I understand her because at the beginning I felt the same for him! I find his character very interesting!He intrigued me!!.Unfortunately she has no idea just what kind of darkness he keeps hidden from her until its to late...

I liked Gwen from the beginning!!! She is naive but also a fighter and a lover!!In this book her limits will be tested and she has to give a battle!!

This was a sexy and emotional book mixed with a handsome tortured hero!I can't wait for the next book!!!
A.E. Murphy
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: Everybody who is old enough!
Part 1 of 2.
Free and currently being distributed to Kindle, Itunes, etc. Not sure when it will finally be on all but it will be soon. It is available to download from Smashwords.

This book hasn't taken me too long to write, as I became consumed in Guinevere, the MC and her sad story. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it.
It does end in a Cliffhanger but you won't have to wait longer than a few weeks for the next installment which is in fact almost completed.
Shanny
Dec 25, 2014 rated it really liked it

Well I'm glad I stuck through the first few chapters, because I was so tempted to stop. OMG it was soooo cheesy, UGH !!!
This book should have a disclaimer: Power through the first few chapters.. it gets better!
After the first few chapters this book turned into a page turner that I couldn't help want to finish, and it ended up anything but predictable. I can't wait to read the rest of the story in book two.

FREE on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Broken-1-A-E-Mu...
Katie
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 SOBBING MY EYES OUT STARS

description

OMG. THIS BOOK TUGGED AT MY HEARTSTRINGS THE WAY NO BOOK HAS EVER DONE BEFORE!

Seriously, SOBBING throughout most of the book. Did I sob for Caleb? Nope. I bawled my eyes out because of the heartache that Gwen felt after he died. The author described the pain she was going through in such a way that I couldn't help but feel for her. I literally felt the pain and loneliness that she was feeling.

And Nathan...omg...Nathan. I loved him. Quirks and all. I will never be able to
London

description

Title: Broken (Broken #1)
Series: Yes
Heat/Steam 3/5

Triggers?
Cliffhanger: . Yes.
Intolerable Heroine .No.
Über Douchebagery .A little but I still loved Nathan regardless.
Taboo Subject Matter .No.
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love Triangle (view spoiler)
spoiler)]

Author:#1)
Megpie
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*Some Spoilers*

Um. Wow, I really really liked this book! Honestly, when I first started it I thought it was going to be a DNF because in the first few pages we get one of the worst cases of insta-love that I've read in awhile. I'm so glad I stuck through the first few chapters though because I was greatly rewarded!

Gwen meets Caleb on the beach. They fall in love at first sight. (This is where the insta love kicks in-gag me!) It's not easy for them to be together with her bitch of a m
Loryn Smith
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ARC kindly provided for a honest review.
I know what people think when then see that the book has been given for a honest review and the reviewer has given a 5star rating... Cos I think the same. That maybe the book ain't worth all the stars but they feel they should rate it high anyway. That might seem harsh, but still. We all think it.
In this case, that's not it at all!! This book deserved all 5stars hands down!! It's touches two very sore subjects which I think the author handled fab! Tissue
Elodie
Jul 08, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: garbage
DNF 10%.
I can't put up with so much nonsense.

Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
☆☆☆☆ 4.5 Love Found and Lost Stars ☆☆☆☆

"I knew, the minute I saw you walking down the sand I had to know you,” he leans in closer, as if preparing to tell me a secret. “And then you looked over your shoulder and smiled. You smiled at nothing. I knew I was yours."

photo PicsArt_1432696978683_zpswfyuwoq0.jpg

Gwen and Caleb are perfect. They meet, the laugh, they love. They are instantly connected to each other. No evil parents, no broody brother, no lack of money will keep them apart.

" Every second I spend with him I lose a piece of
Penelope ✘ that awkward girl that doesn't go here ✘
I downloaded this book with a bunch of other freebies off of Amazon and had my eye on it, not really sure if I wanted to read it or not since I'd been on a roller coaster of almost intolerable books as of late, but when I saw this book on my newsfeed, I thought to give it a shot. And I'm so glad that I did!

The book for me starts off slow and mostly uneventful (for me anyways). I do enjoy first love stories but not if it begins with insta-love between the couple. I was willing to reserve judgement on Gw
Shannon
Jul 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
I almost.. ALMOST gave up on this one I was getting a little bored with perfect Caleb in the start..

And then BAM

And I refuse to tell you anything that happens..

My only complaint is the pregnancy dates. At one point in the book She tells a friend that she has 18 weeks left and then several days later she tells Nathan that she has 19 weeks left..
Khanique McDaniel
I need to process this book that I just read and I don't even know how. My skin is literally prickling after reading this novel and between the ending and the preview of book 2 I am left shaken, confused and hoping Nathan isn't as crazy as I think he is, because from germaphobe to killer is quite a bracket.

This story has three distinct tones that you might miss because you are so wrapped up in the story line. There is the light and fluffy bordering on unrealistic beginning, the chang
Nawal
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, drama
This has encompassed any expectations I had before I started reading. I am in absolute awe of what I just experienced in this story. I laughed, I cried and I fell in love with a book. Yup. That's the only way I can describe it. I love when I discover new authors that I have never really heard about and the talent that shines through the book is something I absolutely cherish. I couldn't give this any less than 5 stars because that's what it most definitely deserves.
The story is set in Engl
Nikki ღ Navareus
It's not often that I find a freebie on Amazon that I end up loving so much. I enjoyed this story immensely. Caleb was a bit too good to be true. I think we'll find he's not as perfect as portrayed in book 2 (guess we'll see!). That being said, he was super sweet and I really did love him. And I was shocked and saddened at what happened with him in this story. The story pulled me in and I could honestly believe in all of Gwen's depression and sadness. It felt so real. Then swoops in Nathan. He's ...more
Jacqueline J
First of all, love the cover. Really enjoyed this book which was pretty angsty. The heroine had some issues but the hero was just chock full of issues. There were some unbelievable or rather thinly supported parts especially having to do with the reactions of the parents in this story. Especially her mother gave me whip lash. This ended on a major cliff hanger. I went on to the second book but actually this book would have been better if it had been 50 or so pages longer and just finished up her ...more
TongieGirl
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Why did I wait so long to read this little gem?!!
Heather Anastasiu
May 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Gaaaah, this book was CRAZY good! I picked it up as a freebie from a friend's list of freebies, so it was just chilling on my kindle, and I was like, well it has a cool cover and sounds like a good story, so I'll just start it out and see how it goes.

And then a couple hours into reading I'm bawling my eyes and going, holy crap this book is so insanely good how have I not heard a million awesome things about this book and author before???? And then another few hours later I'm done wit
Joan
An interesting idea, but there were some aspects that I simply couldn't get my head around: (view spoiler) ...more
Nat
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book totally deserves a 5 star but the cliffhanger at the end was/is brutal especially with the little additional look at the future...WTHeck???!!! I will change the rating (if i can) when the next book comes out. This is my first book by this author and will definitley not be the last. It's an emotional roller coaster ride. I'm not sure if it's categorized as romantic suspense/thriller? Will it have a HEA? Or at least a satisfactory ending for all the characters?
Nathan is so complex, it's
Nas
Sarah :)
This book doesn't start that strong, until you actually think back to being that young and inexperienced. Don’t give up after only reading the beginning, trust me it’s well worth it to continue.

For me THIS BOOK WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! IT WENT WHERE I DIDN'T EXPECT IT TO GO! Such a great book! Highly recommend!!
Ashley
Wow. Seriously, WOW! Can't review now. I've got to crack book 2 STAT!!

2 negs- typo central & huge fucking cliffy. But über worth it! TtYL! Book 2 awaits! Thank God it's released. I would have flushed my iPad.
Lenore Kosinski
Apr 02, 2015 rated it did not like it
1.5 stars - OK, I can't decide if I should say DNF or not. At about half way through I started skimming. So I got to the end, but I can't say I read all the meat in the middle. Honest to goodness, I have no idea why I had such a completely different experience with this book than apparently most of the readers. All I can do is tell you some of the things that did not work for me in this book:

1) Caleb seemed like a user. I just didn't feel like he was genuine. I still don't. I think h
Radiant
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Gwen can't ask more than anything with how her life is going on..she and Caleb loves each other,and she's taking culinary school and they are moving forward when the unsuspected tragedy struck.
Alone,Lost,Broke and in pain and pregnant,Gwen is saved by Caleb's brother Nathan.Hes different than Caleb's smile and friendly personality.He has phobias and sends her mixed signals.Adjusting with him might be difficult at first,but later she she starts liking and falling for him.But everything is n
Christine
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Gwen and Caleb meet while at the beach and its instant love. Things move real quick and before you know it Gwen is pregnant and they move in together. Something tragic happens and Gwens world is knocked apart.
Caleb's parents are the in laws from hell, calling Gwen a whore and wanting nothing to do with her. Nathan, Caleb's brother helps Gwen when she's down and out taking her in and looking after her. Feeling between the two start to emerge and get heated. Deep down Gwen knows it's wrong a
Lynette Creswell
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've enjoyed every minute of reading 'Broken.' The author has a great ability with dialogue which keeps you captivated throughout the whole book. I'm pleased this book ended on a cliff hanger because it means there's more to tell. Alexandra is an exceptional writer and I'm sure we will see one of her books on the bestsellers list one day! If you enjoy stories with a twist then Broken is just the book for you! Well done Alex!
Jo
I don't write too many reviews here. I am a star rating only type of girl. But, this. This book, was really really good. Flawed broken characters, secrets, heartbreak, angst, pain, trauma, and a glimpse of hope. Really really great book. I would have paid for this one. Can't believe it was free. I need book two!!
Olga
Mar 27, 2015 rated it did not like it
I made it through 30ish %.

Skimming a lot too.

I could see all that potential becoming a great book. I could have eaten it up in one sitting. But the way it was delivered sucked. And the book is now on my DNF shelf. I blame the writing. And the editing.
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Really good if you like drama and tortured, complex characters (that's my case).
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Book Blast 1 28 Jun 10, 2014 08:01PM

• Finding West (True North, #1)
  • Bindings (Bindings, #1)
  • Christening (Nameless, #1.5)
  • Something like Normal (Something like Normal, #1)
  • Bad (Bad. Dirty. Power. #1)
  • Take Me with You
  • Obsession (Darkness Falls, #1)
  • All for Maddie
  • Waking Kiss (BDSM Ballet, #1)
  • Dissolution (Breach, #1.5)
  • Professor Feelgood (Masters of Love, #2)
  • Knot (Wake Family, #1)
  • Death is My Friend with Benefits (Death is My BFF, #4)
  • Flawed (The Butcher, #1)
  • Running Barefoot
  • Man of My Dreams (Dreams, #1)
  • I Know What Love Is (I Know..., #1)
  • The Perfect Distraction (Perfect, #1)
A. E. Murphy is the Queen of sarcasm and satire, she likes long walks in the park, as much as ice cubes like to chill in a roasting oven.
She’s effortlessly independent and so good at adulting it’s unfair on the rest of the world. She only napped twice today and has only avoided the dishes for three days before making the child slaves do them this morning.
Winning!
Her favourite hobby is writ

Broken (3 books)
  • Connected (Broken, #2)
  • Forever (Broken, #3)
“Footprints are an amazing thing, even the ones you can’t see. They make you wonder who’s walked right where you’re walking. Who’s travelled this same path? What were their concerns? Who did they love? Are they still alive?” 16 likes
“There what is?” I purse my lips, trying not to smile. “The moment you steal my heart,” 13 likes