Start by marking “Forgive Me, Alex” as Want to Read:
Forgive Me, Alex

Forgive Me, Alex

Tony Hooper stands in shadow across the street, one amongst many in the crowd of curiosity-hounds gathered to watch a monster's release. Seventeen years after Mitchell Norton, the devil, terrorized Algonquin, Illinois on a spree of kidnapping, torture and murder, the authorities release the butcher from psychiatric prison.

Tony longs to charge across the street to destroy N
Published December 18th 2011 by Evolved Publishing

Melissa Storm
I just read Forgive Me, Alex by Lane Diamond, and against all odds, I was totally hooked. This novel is classed as a literary thriller. While I love lit fic, I tend to hate thrillers... well, thrillers in the film format. I don’t care how hyped a movie is, I just cannot get into a formulaic plot where you know the good guy will win at the last minute. No, high budget explosions and death-defying stunts don’t keep me from noticing a paper thin plot. Sorry!

So imagine my surprise when I found mysel
Timothy Ward
**On sale for $0.99 on ebook through Dec. 11 through Evolved Publishing's Holiday Book Sale**

This book is gruesome and emotional right out of the gate. The main character, Tony, goes through some monumental losses throughout the story. These aren't the kind of losses that you can just blow off as insignificant because Lane's writing makes you really care about these people and what's going on. Lane excels in this area of sympathetic characters.

The sympathy you have for the characters makes this
Marie Kuhlman
Mar 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have a sick fascination with serial killers. I'm not talking like so sick I want to date Jeffrey Dahmer or anything like that - I am not completely nutters! My sick fascination lies in my overwhelming desire to get into the head of serial killers - to find out what makes them tick.

I suppose this fascination is partly responsible for my going to university for a criminal justice degree, my wealth of grisly murder mysteries and my desire to watch horror gore (even though I can't stand blood in
Angela Scott
Jan 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This thriller hooked me from the very beginning and I found it near impossible to put it aside. I carried my kindle with me everywhere I went and when snatches of time presented itself, I pulled out the Kindle and read.

I needed to know what was going to happen next despite some of the gruesome and more uncomfortable parts of the story (inside the mind of a serial killer). I found the story engrossing and the style of writing quite crisp, clean, and forthright.

This is definitely not a book for
Mary Loesch
Dec 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review****

Okay, I chose to review this one because there were elements of the story that reminded me of Dexter. I'm a fan of both the show and the book and wanted to see if this story could possibly hold up next to Jeff Lindsey's tale of a serial killer who kills other serial killers.

It does!

And then some....

Let me just say that while, yes, there are some Dexter comparison's to be made here, Forgive Me, Alex is a great tale all o
Melissa Storm
I just read Forgive Me, Alex by Lane Diamond, and against all odds, I was totally hooked. This novel is classed as a literary thriller. While I love lit fic, I tend to hate thrillers… well, thrillers in the film format. I don’t care how hyped a movie is, I just cannot get into a formulaic plot where you know the good guy will win at the last minute. No, high budget explosions and death-defying stunts don’t keep me from noticing a paper thin plot. Sorry!

So imagine my surprise when I found myself
Traveler One
Jan 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adults
Okay, so I'm now of fan of Lane Diamond's. I read 3 of his short stories before I read this book, so I had high expectations. I wasn't disappointed.

Based on some of his stories, Diamond likes to get inside the head of his characters. He's a mind meddler, and he's good at it.

His characters just snap, and feel real. This story had some familiar elements, but his handling of the characters makes it a great read. I don't want to spoil anything, but based on the ending, I'm really looking forward to
Nai
Jun 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Sometimes, when a book tour comes along, and I'm not really sure whether or not I'll enjoy the book, I decide to sign up anyway.

I'm still waiting for the day that I don't enjoy a book from a Novel Publicity tour. It hasn't happened yet, and I hope everyone is beginning to realize just what a great service they can offer for authors.

Forgive me, Alex - a psychological thriller was pretty jarring and spectacular. It plays at the heart-strings of anyone who has ever encountered 'the devil' - or jus
Faye {Daydreaming_Star}
This review was originally posted on my blog on 10th July 2012, here

[WARNING: This book contains explicit and violent scenes that are not for the young or squeamish.]

criminal acts
This book was simply outstanding. I haven’t read a crime novel that really grabbed my attention in a long time and so when I got hooked on this book from the very first page, I knew I was starting the journey of something very special. I loved the way the story was portrayed and the story itself. I was continuously enth
Anne Chaconas
Jun 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Anne by: Melissa Storm
“I mean, shit, any knucklehead can be a writer, right?” muses one of the characters in Lane Diamond’s nail-biter of a story, Forgive Me, Alex. And, yes, any knucklehead can. But it takes a very special kind of knucklehead to put together a story the way Diamond has. Forgive Me, Alex did something that a book has not done since Kristy and the Snobs (The Baby-sitters Club #11), where Kristy’s family dog Louie had to be put to sleep: It made me cry. Damn you, Lane Diamond. Damn you to hell.

Forgive
Leah (White Sky Project)
Jun 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
Forgive Me, Alex is a fascinating psychological read! It kind of feels like the story behind an episode of Criminal Minds, which I absolutely love, by the way. Dr. Spencer Reid is a god. Sorry, I digress. This book offers a peek into the mind of a serial killer and into the mind of a man whose life was changed due to the killer's actions. The story is told through two main perspectives--that of Mitchell Norton, the serial killer, and Tony Hooper, the man who lost so much because of Norton. The n ...more
Crystal
Forgive Me, Alex was a slightly different take on a suspense/thriller than what I am use to in a good way. Mr. Diamond uses alternating points-of-view and alternating time frames to tell the story and while doing this really builds up the suspense in both time periods. I found the story horrifying and fascinating the way a great suspense thriller should be.

Told from the points-of-view of the protagonist Tony and the antagonist Mitchell Norton is a very interesting way to frame the story. Tony is
Laura Roberts
John Allen
Mar 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The devil made Mitchell Norton a serial killer.

Forgive Me, Alex is the story of the serial killer Mitchell Norton and Tony Hooper, the man whose life he ruined, and who has since become something of an expert at making serial killers go away. Split between 1995, when Mitchell is released from prison, and 1978, the summer of Norton's reign of terror, this novel follows the events that made Norton into a killer and Hooper's desperate race to stop him ... twice.

Readers of The Girl with the Dragon T
Shah Wharton
Jun 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Look out for the review - 16th July at shahwharton.com :)

Lane Diamond did a great job with this enthralling psychological thriller. I enjoyed the story and felt I knew the characters, joining them every step of the way – and when one of those characters is a sadistic serial killer with a penchant for torture, that can be pretty, ghoulish. Fabulous! I couldn't put it down and still think of ti now, weeks after I finished reading it. That's a rarity.

Total opposites, Tony Hooper and Mitchell Norton
Ashley Fontainne
Psychological thrillers are my kind of books! Not only do I write them, but truly enjoy reading one that makes my skin crawl, my nerves skitter with fear and my heart thump a tad louder. This incredible novel by Lane Diamond handed me ALL of that, in spades!

The story is told in bursts from the main two characters, switching deftly between 1978 and 1995. The long road and deep ties between the hero and the villain are interwoven with intricate detail. The sickening forces that bound these two tog
Kathleen Kelly
Jul 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Forgive Me, Alex is a psychological suspense thriller to say the least, told in the voices of Tony Hooper and Mitchell Norton and relives the atrocities of a time in 1978 and then in the present of 1995. Tony Hooper is an average guy, soon to graduate high school, has a girlfriend that he wants to marry and spend the rest of his life with. Just prior to him graduating, his little brother, his shadow, Alex turns up missing. Alex is eventually found murdered and Tony blames himself. Back to 1995 M
Kristi (Books and Needlepoint)
This book kept me riveted! It is told through the eyes of both Tony Hooper and MItchell Norton. It starts in 1995 as Mitchell is being released from prison and goes back and forth from that time frame to 1978, when all the tragedy occurs.

I loved the way that the author draws you in to the story right away, and then slowly dishes you out the details. You know the outcome, because Mitchell was in prison for 17 years - but you don't know everything that happens in 1978 and those are the details th
Indie e-books
Forgive Me, Alex switches between several perspectives, mainly Tony Hooper and Mitchell Norton during the original killing spree of 1978 and ‘now’ (1995), which could be potentially confusing, but is highlighted nicely by the chapter titles and change in the tone of the POV. I also found that the insight we have from 1995 adds to the suspense - we know some details, revealed sparingly along the way, and this results in a tale that (in parts) puts me in mind of watching an impending car crash.

So
Lydia
Jun 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
if you aren't into the whole POV of a serial killer genre this book may not be for you, BUT if you are I suggest going to Amazon or somewhere and getting this book.

So the story is split into two different time periods, one set in 1978 when Norton is having his trial done and then the other is in 1995 when he's released. This is my favorite kind of format because you can guess what's about to happen next but then it completely surprises you when you find out in the flash forward that it didn't ha
Cheryl
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a psychological thriller book. This book is comparable to the TV show “Criminal Minds”. If you like that show, you’ll love this book and it will be a quick, tail-spinning read for you!
This book takes you into the mind of a serial killer. I find that fascinating, I know probably sick, but true. Not because I would EVER be one, but the total opposite. The author writes in great detail in explaining the mind of a serial killer.
The book is in perspective of two different minds, the serial ki
Susan
Dec 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
Lane pens "Forgive Me, Alex" in a very well thought out plot where the characters are believable and well described. A gruesome, serial killer, psychological suspense thriller that is very hard to put down until your finished, a total roller coaster ride with all the twists and turns.A fantastic book and highly recommend it for all psychological suspense thriller, serial killer type novel fans, but please note this book is for adult audiences only.

This review is based on a complimentary copy fro
Heather
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-fire
this book sucked me in from the first page! at first, i thought the format of jumping back and forth between different years would bother me but it all made sense! while a thriller, there were definitely parts that tugged at my heart strings. overall, i loved this book and can't wait for the sequel!!
Keith Hughes
Jan 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A tuat thriller that ingeniously tells the story in two different times.
Rebecca
Aug 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting book - clearly written. Appreciated the author's approach and how each chapter let you know the lens through which you were reading. Chilling tale.
Elnora Romness
Jul 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this book, and you can find out why here:

A.B. Shepherd
Jun 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review coming soon!
Mimi
Apr 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good novel!
Mawdi
Apr 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a very creepy book but interesting.
Marilou George
May 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forgive Me, Alex is a deeply emotional spellbinding psychological thriller. The story is delivered through the eyes of Tony Hooper whose life was forever altered by the exploits of Mitchell Norton a serial killer released from a psychiatric hospital after 17 years. The story goes back and forth from 1978 to 1995 when Norton is released and reveals in horrific detail the events that contribute to the culmination of the story. Tony watches from afar as Norton gains his freedom and has justice in t ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Hot Sinatra
  • Zombie Candy (Annie Ogden, #2)
  • Spoonful
  • Davey the Detective
  • Valentina and the Haunted Mansion (Valentina's Spooky Adventures, #1)
  • Bella
  • Flesh
  • Hannah's Voice
  • The Tangled Web: An International Web of Intrigue, Murder and Romance
  • Eulogy
  • Circles
  • A Deceit to Die For
  • The Pyramid Legacy
  • Buying Time (Aspen Moore, #1)
  • Shatter Point
  • Thomas and the Tiger-Turtle
  • Zan (Spiritdell, #1)
  • Secret Storm (College Romance, #2)