Start by marking “Nothing To Lose (Grey Justice, #1)” as Want to Read:
Nothing To Lose (Grey Justice, #1)

Nothing To Lose

(Grey Justice #1)

NOTHING TO LOSE
A Grey Justice Novel

Choices Are Easy When You Have Nothing Left To Lose

Kennedy O’Connell had all the happiness she’d ever dreamed—until someone stole it away. Now on the run for her life, she has a choice to make—disappear forever or make those responsible pay. Her choice is easy.

Two men want to help her, each with their own agenda.

Detective Nick Gallagher i
Published March 28th 2014 by Christy Reece (first published March 27th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Nothing To Lose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nothing To Lose

Anne OK
Recommended to Anne OK by: Beta Reader
Shelves: 2014-reads
*****5-Amazing start to new series stars*****

The lines are blurred between justice and vengeance in Christy Reece’s NOTHING TO LOSE, the first book in her brand new Justice Grey Series. In a well-drawn and incredibly riveting story of despair and redemption, there’s a war raging against evil doers who use their power and influence to manipulate the legal system for their benefit. This author is a pro at blindsiding readers with twists and turns they’ll never see coming. At times it will most lik
Jonetta
Originally posted at The Book Nympho

Quick summary
Kennedy O'Connell was living the ideal life. Almost overnight everything fell apart, her life irrevocably changed. As if that's not awful enough, circumstances dictated that she leave everyone and everything she loved behind and disappear in order to stay alive. Detective Nick Gallagher, under similar threats, vows to devote his life to making those responsible for almost taking his life pay.

Grey Justice is a billionaire philanthropist who has a s
Lisa Kay
Nick’s raven tattoo?

★★★★ “Holy heart failure, Batman!” Why have I never read a Christy Reece book before? This one kept me up until the wee hours reading.

What a wonderful first-in-series Romantic Suspense. Kennedy O’Connell’s story starts out with a ton of sadness, and I knew it going in. So, I tried to distance myself from her character at the beginning – at least until her hardships were over. Didn’t work! I ended up with a tissue to my eyes anyways.

Both Kennedy and Detective Nick Gallagher we
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in Christy Reece's Grey Justice series. Kennedy O'Connell is a law student, married to a wonderful man, Thomas, and pregnant with their child. Life is good! Until one day her life is shattered. Circumstances have her running for her life and becoming someone else. Now she lives her life to avenge her husband. Nick Gallagher was best friends with Kennedy's husband and in love with Kennedy himself. He made a promise to protect her and he will. Even if it means his own life. Enter Gr ...more
Linda
Can I just say how much I love Christy Reece and this book is no exception.

This is an awesome start to the new series. Not as dark as the LCR books, but it still had enough twists and turns to keep me guessing right to the end. There is, what I think will be a continuing arc throughout the series with Grey Justice (whom I just loved. Can't wait to learn more about him).

Nick and Kennedy were great. The thing I loved the most was that Christy didn't rush their getting together. They were friends
Cindy ~
Feb 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ms Reece has seamlessly transitioned into the world of justice in her new series. Grey Justice, which is also the name of the series, is a man with secrets that runs a small organization who finds justice for those that can’t get it through normal means. There are plenty of things you come to expect from this author – tragedy, heartbreak, great characters that you instantly come to love, and an intriguing story.
Alison
Shelves: read-in-2014
Christy Reece does it AGAIN!! I started Nothing to Lose and couldn’t put it down. Nick and Kennedy are amazing together…HOLY HOTTNESS! Every time Christy manages to make me feel every range of emotion and keep me on the edge of my seat. I can’t wait to see what happens next in this series!!
Betül
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
description

Christy Reece is one of my favorite Romantic Suspense authors. However, I have been lacking in this genre the last couple of years, and haven't read many books in this genre, while it was one of my favorites years ago. I was shocked when I realized that the last time I read a book by Christy was back in 2013. So I decided that I would read three of her books before the year is over. Nothing To Lose is number one and I can't wait to read the next book in this series.

This book made me realize why
Hbeebti
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christy-reece
Won this one here on Goodreads. I was seriously excited not only do I love this author but the book came in signed!!

Christy Reese is know for her RS books. I was really looking forward to something new from her and man she did not disappoint. This book was just amazingly written. I am excited about this new series.

This book starts off with Kennedy happily married and pregnant. Her life was what she had always dreamed about and wanted. Then one night its taken away from her. She is left shattere
Tara
Feb 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Since it's opening day for baseball as I type this review, Let me just say, Christy knocked it out of the park- home run! I loved this book, such an amazing start to a new series.

I am amazed at how Christy keeps you focused on the main characters and their storyline, but very subtlety introduces others you can't wait to read more about. I am intrigued by so many others, I hope she is busy writing their story's now!

Kennedy and Nick we're amazing and hot together. They more than earned their HEA,
Ann
Feb 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5-4.0 stars. This is a favorite author and I liked the story, an intriguing page turner. The h/ Kennedy going to get justice for her husband and going undercover seemed unbelievable and the resolve of the case tied up a little too neatly and quickly. Liked Nick but wasn't sure how a happily married wife whose husband is murdered then falls for his best friend would play out well, but it does. Enough time elapsed that the romance worked. The Grey Justice part of the story will be interesting fo ...more
Hope Frost
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have always been a CR fan, but she has outdone herself this time. in Nothing To Lose, you get it all. Romance, in an unlikely place, suspense, chuckles and tears. I absolutely loved this story and can't wait to read more in this series. I admit, I am very intrigued with Grey himself.
Jo
Apr 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All romantic suspense fans!
He wanted her. Heaven help him…how he wanted her.

Kennedy O’Connell knows what loss is. Losing her parents as a young child, growing up in foster care all she wanted was a family of her own one day. And all her dreams came true when she met her husband and they were about to start their own family. Until someone crushed her dream, murdering her husband and in her grief she lost their baby and her only way to stay alive was to run. Her only choices were to cut ties with everyone she knows and t

Heather
Mar 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have always enjoy Christy Reece's writing. I found her a few years back by happy accident and I have enjoyed each and every book I have picked up by her. Nothing to Lose is a new series and I cannot wait until the next installment! I want to know much more about Grey Justice, and I am hopeful that H/h Nick and Kennedy will be a part of the series along with some of the other secondary characters. Nick and Kennedy were an amazing couple and I enjoyed getting to know them. I love her spunk and h ...more
Deb Threadgill
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was another awesome book by Christy Reece. This book made me cry in the first few chapters, which is highly unusual, but it just got me even more interested in seeing what would happen next. I knew the entire book wouldn't be this sad. All of huge characters are great. Really loved Kennedy's character, would like to think I would be able to be as strong as she is. Nick is one of the great hero's of Christy's books. If all of the Justice books are even half as good as this one, I can hardly ...more
Dísir
Mea culpa, I wish I had gotten to this sooner, having mistakenly thought this was a legal romance that I typically drag my feet into. But Christy Reece’s ‘Nothing to Lose’ surprised me when I began and couldn’t stop.

The concept here is somewhat similar to Reece’s LCR series—victim advocacy, to put it in very, very broad terms—, only that it’s funded by a billionaire who wears many hats, carries a messiah complex and tries to remain shrouded in mystery as he goes along picking out people to help
fleurette
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
How is that this book was rated by less than 300 readers? It is surprisingly good. Maybe not the best book I have ever read but still I spend wonderful time with it.

Even though some events are a bit impossible or unbelievable, it is an interesting and quick read. I enjoyed the suspense part, the whole idea is likely not the most innovative but it is definitely well-written and developed.

I also like the characters. The romance part is quite nice. However I would prefer it to be more developed.
Jackie P
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a new series from Christy Reece with a totally new feel and sound to it than her other books. Filled with loads of mystery and surprising twists and turns, it also introduces a hot alpha mystery man with both heroic and dark qualities. The differences in the writing style of this series and her other romantic suspense books in my opinion elevates her to her own place as a Patterson in the romantic suspense genre.
Victoria

4.0 RATING - Well written romantic suspense that focused on one woman's journey from loss and grief to vengeance. Nothing To Lose had a good balance between suspense and romance. It wasn't sex heavy but the steamy parts were very well written. A good start to a new series.
KK
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this story! An incredible storyline with a cast of characters I can't wait to get to know better in upcoming books. Seriously recommended for any fan of romantic suspense.
Kristen
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Intriguing storyline with lots of action. A definite read for romantic suspense lovers!!
Helena Hoorn
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just loved this story with all the twists and turns , cant wait for the next one
Pang
This is hooked me from the start! The exciting things happend in every chapters that kept my interest through and through. So fast-paged in intrigued! Exactly what I want for reading Romantic Suspense.

Kenedy's life is ruined by a super-powerful mafia family so she seek for revenge and gain justice for her dead-husband. But how will it be easy to destroy those bastards?

Power must be destroyed by Power..

Kenedy got the help from Grey Justice, a mysterious billionaire philanthropist and Nick Gallag
Alima Livzletlivz
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
How would you react if your life were pulled from under you viciously and with intent to hurt? Would you fight back or just accept it as fate dealing a bad hand? Unfortunately for Kennedy O’Donnell, justice went the other direction and she had to make a tough choice to either disappear to save her life or bring justice to her slain husband and her lost baby.

Teaming with her best friend Nick Gallagher, and with the powerful presence of Grey Justice, a billionaire and philanthropist, behind them,
Gail
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Christy Reece’s NOTHING TO LOSE, the first book in her brand new Justice Grey Series. This story starts off with Kennedy as one of the main characters who thought she had the perfect life and a loving husband with a baby on the way. Then in the blink of an eye her husband who is a cop was shot and killed in what is thought to have been a robbery. After hearing that her husband was killer she soon loses their baby. Nick is best friend to her husbands and also a fellow cop. Than Nick realize that ...more
Gail
Whispers From
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Phenomenal!!!!! Fantastic start to a new series.

Kennedy has the perfect life.. a loving husband, baby on the way and good friends. Then one day she loses it all. Her husband, a cop, is killed in what is thought as a robbery. Then days later she loses her baby. She finds a letter from Thomas that gives her instructions on how to disappear because he was after a very powerful man and he wants her to hide. Nick was Kennedy's husbands best friend and fellow cop. When things don't add up about Thomas
Jo Ann Reinhold
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When you have had everything you love torn away from you, you either bend or break.....fight or run. Kennedy O’Connell came out fighting, determined to make the person who ripped her world apart pay no matter how long it took her.
Detective Nick Gallagher was targeted to die but was able to cheat death. He too, came back fighting mad, especially when he realizes that his best friends wife, the woman he has been secretly in love with, is alive and well and planning some pay back on her own.
Togeth
Gina Ceballos
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Gina by: Christy Reece
Shelves: 2014-reads
While Justice is kind of a Noah in LCR, this is a complete new and very interesting new series from Ms. Reece. There is no dull moment in it, there are lots of twist and surprises. It starts on a sad note and end with a bang. It’s an incredible story that will leave you wanting to know more about some characters.

While Kennedy was the main character and a strong lead, Nick was the perfect balance for her. His volatile nature was muted when she was around, they grounded each other. He was a comple
Judi
Apr 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first read by Christy Reece and really enjoyed her writing.
She will be on my to read again list.

This is the first of the series in the Grey Justice. Kennedy O'Connell is finally happy with her life. But things are quickly taken away from her and now she only has one thing on her mind - Revenge!

Nick Gallagher is the one that has always loved her, but because of friendships could not make his love known. Now he is thrown into
helping Kennedy get her revenge.

The book has some twists and
« previous 1 3 next »

• Deadly Contact
  • Hunting The Lion (Cinderella, #2)
  • Hacienda Moon (PathSeekers, #1)
  • อกเกือบหักแอบรักคุณสามี
  • Ascendance Trilogy: The False Prince, The Runaway King, The Shadow Throne
  • Deadly Dance (A-Tac, #5)
  • Merciless (The Mermen Trilogy, #3)
  • Midnight Secrets (Wildefire, #1)
  • Honeymoon To Die For (Slye Temp #2)
  • Behind the Mask (The Associates #4)
  • Risking Trust (Private Protectors, #1)
  • Protecting His Princess
  • Rekindled (Titanium Security, #5)
  • คิวบิก 2 (CUBIC, #2)
  • Caught in the Act (Border Patrol, #1)
  • Shiver of Fear (The Guardian Angelinos, #2)
  • Night Moves : Dream Man/After the Night
  • Mine to Crave (Mine, #4)
Award winning and NYT Bestselling Author Christy Reece lives in Alabama with her husband and a menagerie of pets.

Grey Justice (4 books)
  • Whatever It Takes (Grey Justice, #2)
  • Too Far Gone (Grey Justice, #3)
  • A Matter Of Justice (Grey Justice #4)
“His eyes locked with hers, he walked slowly toward, saying softly, “When this is over, I want to take you to a tropical island and make love to you for days on end.” 0 likes
“I’ve lost everything.” 0 likes