Start by marking “Mr. X” as Want to Read:
Mr. X

Mr. X

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  2,874 Ratings  ·  414 Reviews
*Author Note: This is not your average romance story. Some people will kill for love.*

He’s come to kill me.

I’m a user and abuser of my own body. In my darkest hour I sold my soul to the devil and now I must pay the price. With his gun to my head I have no choice but to listen and obey, but I refuse to go down easily. Nothing is stronger than the will to survive. My instinc
Published July 19th 2014 by CreateSpace (first published July 18th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. X, please sign up.
Katie It is a standalone book and even offers an epilogue at the end!

Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
2 stars!

Though entertaining, Mr. X completely missed the mark as a dark read for me. Additionally, the book kept running in circles and Mr. X’s reasoning for revenge was lame. Sorry, there aren’t pictures here!

The story is a twisted romance between Jay, the druggie heroine and Mr. X, a deadly assassin who hates her for some unknown reason. I honestly can’t say more about the book plot because a fairly large portion is them having super hot, kinky sex. The way the story unfolded, however, was ela
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
2 Stars

Life is a string of events, each leading to another. One man. One choice. One deadly weapon. It all adds up to this one moment. The gun this man is pointing at my head.

The second I saw the blurb for this book, I knew I had to read it as soon as I could get my grabby little hands on it. What can I say? I love me a good mindfuck and I really love a good dark romance. While the premise of the book was great, the flow of the story intriguing, and the set up interesting...sadly it just did
Clarissa Wild
Apr 19, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Mr. X is NOW LIVE!!

Amazon: http://smarturl.it/mrx
B&N: http://bit.ly/1qG9Qmg
Kobo: http://bit.ly/1tQbxmU

EXCERPT

“Get the fuck out!” I say, stumbling off the bed, pointing at the door. With one quick jerk I pull my panties back on, because I don’t want that fucking bastard looking at me. The gun is pointed at him, but my hands are shaking. I’m weak. I hate it.
Get over it. This fucking piece of shit deserves to die.
The moment he sees the gun his eyes widen and his movement stops.
“Get ou
Heather

This was a very dark story about a young woman named Jay who can not remember her childhood. She knows that bad things happened to her but she can not remember what. She is young but street hardened and wise. Jay is working at a strip club and turning small tricks to support her cocaine habit.

Jay finds herself in a difficult situation and in pops a man who scares her more than anyone she has ever met before. There is something about him that is different, but Jay can only think of one thing, esc
Jillian (NetGalley Addict)
I was so excited to read this book the synopsis had me going yes, yes, YES!!! The cover reminded me of something but I couldn't put my finger on it until I started reading the book and then I got it

Not only did the cover remind me of Hitman the story did as well, the hero is an assassin -check
trained from a young age- check part of the organization- check organization comes after him after botching a hit- check.

However, in all fairness there were some differences like the impressive amount of s
Cassia Brightmore
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
teaser6
Are you a fan of dark romance? Do you love a sinister, depraved, controlling dark king? If you answered yes to those questions – then this book is a MUST read for you. Mr. X will consume you, it will devour you and strip away your emotions. You will uncover your own dark fantasies and it will be your blood that flows through the pages as you sink into his world. I for one, took a gigantic leap into it – without a thought of looking back.

Jay is a young girl working in a strip club – she’s addict
~ Cariad ~
May 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
1.95 rounded up to a 2 for the rating.

OMFG I had to push hard to make it through this one.
Without a doubt the worst dark read I've ever had the misfortune to start. A proper 'WTF was the point of that' read for me. I feel like I wasted 2 days.

Bloody hell, I didn't like the plot, characters or writing. I think the only thing I did like was the blurb... Wish I'd left it there. :(

ARC kindly offered by the author. Sorry! I'm sure your other books are fantastic, but I'd leave off writing dark reads
Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #

My mistake was loving her. Her mistake was inviting me in. We both should have known better than to play with fire. And now the burning never stops.

For a second there, I was so freakin' afraid that this was going to end just like Raw did... It didn't, though.

Despite the rather disappointing and "WTF? REALLY? THIS IS IT?" way the suspense of the book all clarified, this was a very enjoyable read. I love me some Dark Romance, after all!

It's a bit hard to review this book without spoiling anyth
Halime   Yazıcı Mimaroğlu
sorun ben de mi yoksa kitap mı kötü? yarıda bırakmamak için acaip çaba veriyorum yaaa, ilkin iyi şeyler vaat etmişti ama sıktı biraz.. ortalara doğru bakıcaz artık..

Didnt well for me!!!!!!
I didnt feel caracters's emotions or tis story didnt catc my attention!!!!
Perry ★TBBSisterhood Blog★
Uh is that a gross error I detect on the blurb of this book? I think she meant breath "deprivation" not "depravation".
Jinx
Jul 24, 2014 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF
Seriously? His description made him sound like a Bond villain. Bald, facial scars and a fake metallic eye. The only thing missing was a swivel chair and a white-fluffy cat.
Shay
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just finished Mr. X and I really enjoyed it. I knew going in that it was going to be disturbing but I so enjoyed every bit of it. Jay is a party girl. She knows how to make a man want her. What she doesn’t realize is the consequences of her actions. Here comes X. He is a paid assassin and his job now is to kill Jay. Jay doesn’t understand why this is happening. He is scary and she knows that he means business and will do everything she can to stay alive, even if it means seducing the assassin. ...more
Alla
Jan 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: dark
So...where do I start...I am very torn about my review of this book.
In some ways I really liked it. The story/plot in itself was very interesting. I was very interested to find out why X was like he was, why Jay didnt remember anything from her past and what had happened in their past that had put all this motion into place.
In other ways I didnt like it very much. I know its a dark book and I have read a number of them, but this one just didnt make any impression on me in some ways. It had some
Linda
Jay finds herself in the middle of danger when what she thought was a simple handjob turns into a murderer kicking in her door. Facing her own death makes her want to live, at any cost.
Is she ready for what mr X is bringing, though?
Twists and surprises, smut and suspense in a (very) dark romance with an ever darker Hero.
Listened to the audio version, in this re-read, and the narrator was great and brought another dimension to the story. Loved it!
Disclaimer; I was given a free copy in exchange
Cissie
Jul 23, 2014 rated it did not like it
Wow! This was so bad I almost broke my fingers deleting it from my kindle.
Katie
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 amazinggggg stars!!!

Very different from most of the books I have read! SUCH a breath of fresh air!

description

This book kept me busy for the last 3 hours...I DID not put it down once! (i'm being serious...ask my fiancé...his still not talking to me for ruining movie night by reading the whole time!)

what I loved
-::here's the part where I rave about the sex scenes in this book:: WOW! just WOW! the scenes were so hot and so descriptive!
-Jay is an amazing character. Unlike most of the 'captured female'
Taryn Lee
Find this Review at Taryn Lee's Book Blog

A gifted copy was provided by the author for an honest review.

My reaction: UGHHH. This book just had SO MUCH POTENTIAL!!! But it let me down. Clarissa Wild got me all hyped up, but this book turned out much different than I was hoping for. It had nothing to do with the plot or the dark elements because those were great, but the pace of the book was horrid.

Mr. X, a killer with a past. Jay, drug addicted prostitute. He's come to kill her. She's a hostage a
Lewlin
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was really looking forward to reading this and seeing how Clarissa managed a darker story. Sadly I was disappointed.

First thing to note was I really didn't like the cover. Clarissa does fantastic covers usually, yet this one just seemed rushed and not up to her usual standard.

The writing was very blunt and staccato. She used such short sentences that it seemed to be a book of quotes and therefore the story didn't flow right.

I couldn't get involved emotionally in the story as the character's in
Kimberley
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Holy F***** Hotnesssss!!!!

Whoaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

First time reading this author and WOW!!!! What a dark, sexy, intense, haunting, mind-blowing journey!!!!

I LOVED looooooved mr X from Page 1. I knew this was going to be juicyyyyyyy, and Ms. Wild did not disappoint!! and OMG I can't believe, again, another phenomenal story for 1$!!!!!!!!!

Mr. X is scarred. You KNOW there is something... something good and something really bad, with Jay!! I was on edge, worried for Jay, happy for Jay, scared for Jay a
Sonny HdlL
Jun 08, 2015 rated it did not like it
No me ha gustado en lo absoluto! He leído historias mucho mas fuertes que ésta, así que ese no es el motivo del porqué no me gusto, simplemente me pareció denigrante de una forma fea ….. ninguno de los personajes me ha gustado… seguí leyendo porque esperaba una trama ó una historia que me dejará "Wow"….. pero no, para nada, la trama predecible y con un final que esperas y abierto que a mi no me gusta nada de nada. En verdad acabé el libro y me dije… "El punto es???" así que por mi parte no lo re ...more
Raj
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars :(

There were a few not so good reviews about this novel so I was undecided. I got bored and I gave this a try.. The story's written in 1st Person POV..

Mr. X wanted revenge for suffering because of Jay...? She lost her memory and didn't know why X wanted to kill her.

Under X's hold, she became his pet, diong kinky stuff while trying to escape those who wanted to kill them both..

I like the story flow, although it kind of bored me to the point that I wanted to drop it around 50% of the sto
Rin W. Vitale
Aug 29, 2014 rated it liked it
3 stars!

I think it has pretty good story, (view spoiler) ! but I can't make myself love this book very much because, man...he's so filthy! All X did is mostly abusing Jay, killing people, that, and over and over again. And I think it has pretty weird ending! LOL! Ms. Wild didn't even give me goodbye-kiss. lmao don't mind me. Regardless, I hope you guys find it out yourself about this book :)

And @Katie, I hope my review of this book doesn't stop you from give recommenda
Suzanne Steele
I like crazy and this guy for sure delivered. I have a weakness for a bad boy who can't resist the woman that he is trying so very hard to not like--poor guy;)
What can I say? He is a crazy hit-man that you don't want to cross and she did--and he can't help but like her anyway.
He is a man on a mission so be prepared for one wild and crazy ride.
Debbie♥ love my Ducks♥
This book was all over the place. I liked some of the time but then wanted to throw my kindle across the room at other times. I had such high hopes for this but it just fell flat for me. I don't know if it was the back and forth between past and present or the lack of conneciton with the characters but it was slow going for me.
ReadingDiva Book Reviews
**Originally posted @ ReadingDiva's Blog

REVIEW: Mr. X isn’t your typical romance novel, and it isn’t just a story in which love finds its way after going through a long and sad road. No, Mr. X is a dark and greedy story of lust, passion, betrayal, lies and survival.

The plot revolves around Mr. X & Jay, these two characters who seem to have lost their way somewhere while growing up. One accosted by his past and his family, growing between killings and murders while at the same time learning
Tiffany Readz
Jul 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Heed the warning, this is not a typical love story and I would hardly consider it a love story really. That being said, it is a great, dark, alpha-driven read. I read an alpha book before this and now need a breather from these manly men!

Jay is a little girl lost. She is deep in a seedy underworld of sex and drugs, not even looking for a way out. This is her life, she doesn't remember the life she lived before, just that somehow she ended up on the streets and did what she had to do to survive.
Charity Parkerson
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful love, dark and twisted.

We are all born innocent until life ruins it. For me, that's what this book portrayed. The life we're forced to endure shapes us. For Jay and X, it wasn't pretty. As a matter of point, it was probably as screwed up as it could get. They had each other. Was it messed up? Yeah. Did I cringe? Oh, yeah. But, no matter how messed up they are, it's beautiful thing. I was hooked from page one. At 25%, I told my husband, "You have to read this book." At 96%, I release
Victoria Ashley
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by Clarissa Wild and boy did it keep me on the edge of my seat. Mr. X is dark and twisted. He has demons deep inside that he just can't seem to escape. It was hard to really figure out how I felt about him at first, but I really started to fall for him in his flashbacks. There was something about his bluntness that drew me to him and made me want to find out more about him. The pain and suffering that he has been through is absolutely horrible. Nobody should ever have to li ...more
Mindy
Sep 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Note to self: resist reading erotica on planes. It's not worth it, especially if you're in the middle seat.

I am giving this book three stars for the sex scenes alone. They got me. I don't know if I've ever read an erotic novel with so many satisfying sex scenes in it. If you're into abuse/non-consent play like I am, they should do it for you too.

The story itself was meh. It kept me interested enough to keep me going till the next sex scene came up, but I just couldn't believe most of it. There w
Buddy read - Lana & Feifei (7/13/14) 24 47 Jul 13, 2014 06:44PM
  • Trust
  • Cadence (Deception, #2)
  • Crimson Desert (Bittersweet Cartel #2)
  • Deliverance for Amelia (Killer, #1)
  • That Which Destroys Me
  • Irrevocable (Irrevocable, #1)
  • Slade (Captive to the Dark, #1)
  • Pieces of Autumn (Pieces of Autumn #1)
  • The Goodbye Man (Red Market, #1)
  • Therapist
  • Return to Grace Street (Chapter 8, #2)
  • The Heart Has Reasons
  • Master Over You
  • I Know What Love Is (I Know..., #1)
  • Hope Restrained (The Estate, #2)
  • Her Master's Courtesan (Masters, #1)
  • Empathy (Empathy, #1)
**NOTE FOR LIBRARIANS: please check with me before making any changes - I generally make all necessary changes and updates myself. :)**

--- I generally do NOT check my messages on Goodreads, so if you want to contact me, please do so on my website: http://clarissawild.blogspot.com/p/ab... --

Clarissa Wild is a New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author of Dark Romance and Contemporary Romance
“People say you don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone. Truth is, you knew what you had, you just never thought you’d lose it.” - Anonymous” 13 likes
“I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil.” – Marilyn Monroe” 4 likes