Start by marking “Drone Games” as Want to Read:

4.56  ·  Rating details ·  16 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
It’s domestic terrorism as you’ve never seen it before. An al-Qaeda cell uses cutting-edge drone technology to circumvent post-9/11 airport security measures. Within eight hours, two planes crash. The President faces an unthinkable decision: ground all planes—and the economy—or keep flying and risk more deaths. Based on real-life technology, Drone Games is a fascinating fi ...more
Published October 14th 2014 by Cedar Fort Publishing & Media (first published October 13th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Drone Games, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drone Games

Dorine White
Oct 20, 2014 rated it liked it
The Story-
Professor Al-Aran is a terrorist. His plan is to use drone machines that his colleague in Georgia built, to destroy US air craft and bring the economy to a halt. He is the brains, the man power is a young man named Akil, who is willing to control the drones and kill hundreds of people.

Jack Riley works directly with the President of the United States. He is a resource on terrorist attacks and has many theories about what disaster will happen next. Tom Ross works for the NTSB and joins u
Shauna
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OH. I. LOVE. SUSPENSE. NOVELS!
Intricate details have to be orchestrated in just the right way to bring the story together! And Joel Narlock does it extremely well!

There are so many key players in this story...

You have the terrorists, the ones trying to help the terrorists, the ones being used by the terrorists, the ones trying to capture the terrorists, and the ones being terrorized by the terrorists.

Technology keeps advancing and with it so do the gadgets...

A man, trying to better the world and
Jim
Oct 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very good and believable. However, the author lists the '10 largest airports' but leaves out Denver International, which is the 5th 'busiest' and the 1st 'largest' at 34,000 acres or 54 square miles.
Melanie
Oct 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoy reading these types of books. Drones are explained and the scenario given feels realistic. There was a lot of information given in the beginning of this novel which was interesting but it took me a while to get invested in the story. Once it took off, though, it was difficult for me to put this book down.

This is a book with terrorists, people from the NTSB, the DHS, a reporter and a professor from Georgia Tech who created the Entomopter drone to help with space exploration.We learn abou
Meagan Myhren-bennett
By Joel Narlock

Georgia Tech Professor Michael Robertson has just created the perfect tool for Mars exploration. But someone has other plans for his creation - plans that will cripple America.

As planes are brought down and lives are lost Tom Ross - NTSB acting division chief of Aviation Engineering, Jack Riley - Director of Homeland Counterterrorism, and Neela Griffin - reporter with WITI Fox 6 out of Milwaukee have to pool their skills to stop the terrorists.

But until the terrorists c
Rhonda
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 STARS

Wow what a scary ride. It sets up a very realistic book in my mind. I hope Riley is wrong. I thought it did a good job explaining why we are such a big target for extremists. Why the airlines are so important for the economy. What Drones are and what they could do in the future.

The last half of the book I did not want to put the book down. The ending left me with a song going through my head. Sure left me with thinking a little different about that song.

The story for part of the book w
Emmy
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As new technology is invented, the question has to be asked what will it be used for? Will it be used for good, or does it have the potential to be used for terrorism.

When a new bird like flying drone, meant for exploration of Mars, ends up in the wrong hands, things turn deadly.

This fast paced suspenseful book about domestic terrorism plays out so detailed and with such realistic detail that it seems like it could have or could truly happen. The book jumps between the thoughts/actions of the t
Mary
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Highly recommend this book to those that love suspense, terrorism, and drone technology. I knew nothing of drones prior to this read and it is frightful to know their potential. Very believable and leaves you with a fear that this actually could happen. I personally enjoyed the references and settings in Wisconsin, specifically South Milwaukee, my hometown and Baraboo, my birthplace. All would enjoy this book however, Wisconsin readers, would find a special kinship with the local settings. Canno ...more
Alan Smith