Start by marking “Her Ordinary Joe (King's Valley #2)” as Want to Read:
Her Ordinary Joe (King's Valley #2)

Her Ordinary Joe

(King's Valley #2)

“Polly Winslow is the last woman on earth I’d ever consider getting involved with.”

Ellie Winslow thinks her new fifth-grade teacher, Mr. Matthews, will be the perfect husband for her Aunt Polly. He’s tall and good-looking and he has blue eyes, just like every hero in the romance books her aunt writes. A con-artist in the making, Ellie tells a little white lie to get Mr. Ma
Published April 17th 2014 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Her Ordinary Joe, please sign up.
Margaret Desmond Why, yes it is! Or, it CAN be. The digital version of this book is available on OverDrive. However, your local or regional library needs to purchase t…moreWhy, yes it is! Or, it CAN be. The digital version of this book is available on OverDrive. However, your local or regional library needs to purchase the book first, if they haven't already. Download the OverDrive app to your e-reader (the app is available through most app stores). Follow the instructions to access your library system. You will need your library card. Once you're connected, search for "Margaret Desmond." If the library hasn't purchased the book yet, my books will still pop up on screen with "Recommend" beneath each book. Hit that "Recommend" button! If the library buys my books, you'll be one of the first in line to receive a loaner copy. Thanks for helping me place these clean, heartwarming romances in libraries all over the USA! (less)

Start your review of Her Ordinary Joe (King's Valley #2)
Lynette
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I received a complimentary ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This book caught me on chapter one. I could really relate to Polly's situation…maybe because several of my nieces have offered to find me a husband. :) I loved Ellie. Who wouldn't want a niece like her? And I think my eyes actually rolled when Polly's mother started meddling in her love life. Her family felt so real.

I also liked how the narration flipped back and forth between Polly and Joe so you get both points of view. It helped
Darlingem
This book could be a Hallmark movie. Seriously! As I was reading it, I could totally picture every character and setting like I was snuggled up on my couch on a rainy day watching the Hallmark channel. Ms. Desmond writes in such an entertaining way that keeps me captivated from one chapter to the next. I'm not a huge fan of switching back and forth between the h & H's POV, but it worked in this story as it helped to get a deeper understanding of Joe's unusual upbringing and why he's so opposed t ...more
Therese Wiese
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. This is the first book I have read by Margaret Desmond. Sometimes in romance novels, the gals are so whiney! So refreshing to have the gal just be specific in her choices. The writing style reminded me of Debby Macomber - her characters were really nicely filled out, and you could totally picture all of them. I would love to see subsequent books about Polly's (Margaret's) bothers and their lives.

Sadly, my public library (San Jose CA) does not have either of Desmond's books.

Th
Sandra Lopez
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A 5th grade niece is looking for a husband for her Aunt Polly and her teacher was just perfect. All the kids respected Mr. Joe Matthews. Needless to say that Joe was shocked to hear one of his brightest students wanted him to marry his aunt. After all, he wasn’t looking for a relationship, especially with a woman like Polly.

Polly is a struggling writer, often penning romance stories without sex. She’s never been able to meet a man as perfect as the heroes she writes about…until Joe came along. A
Vibliophile
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(4.5 stars) - What a fun story!

This is an opposites attract romance, which is fun in itself, but then it takes an even warmer turn! When wannabe author Polly gets her 7th rejection notice, she tearfully asks Joe for help. Joe decides she needs to know better what she's writing about - and she clearly doesn't know enough about romance, so he's going to help her experience more!

While perhaps it wasn't the most plausible premise, it was certainly swoony enough! Naturally, the two become closer wi
Dorothy Beer
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Her Ordinary Joe

Joe had grown up in a,commune. His mother was so wrapped up in her art, that he had to be responsible for himself and younger sister. Now after becoming a,highly successful man, he left his job to become a teacher. Polly as,the only girl with four older brothers rebelled against her mothers desires to be the perfect lady. When thrown together by her young neice, they were definitely not the ideal pair. A humorous and interesting tale. I give it 5 stars
PLP
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A perfectly imperfect romance!

Our heroes were looking in all the wrong places for their true loves.

The journey to find each other was very interesting. Both had to do a lot of self discovery before they were ready to acknowledge their love.

The ending was very sweet and PERFECT.
Pamellia
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first time reading this author. It’s a story about two people who have misconceptions about what they thought their perfect mate should be. I liked the humor of this story. Polly was a little immature to me initially but she eventually grew on me. I will be reading the other books in this series.
Taralee
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun read!

This book was just what I was in the mood for and I really enjoyed it. I love a good book that is a quick read. It hits the spot sometimes! I enjoyed the characters and how it all camee together.
Beverly Kee
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really good storyline!

I really enjoyed this story, it was so much fun! I could just imagine being Polly and daydreaming about her stories in her head! Ellie was so cute too! Can't wait to read Joe's sister's story!
mike hammock
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Redhead mesmerized by blue eyes

Fun read. Enjoyed extrovert Polly getting to know introvert Joe. Also liked that Joe was a teacher because he wanted to make a difference.
Read and submitted by Pam H.
Darlene Wetherall
Light, funny, nice feeling book. Easy read.
Samantha
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this

Loved the tie to the beginning, loved the characters, loved the plot...it was really good. This is a stand alone and can be read without the first book in the series.
Pilar Seacord
Mar 10, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I found this meh. The book tended to go two different places which was disconcerting. There is another character that was mentioned a lot who is conspicuous in her absence.
Barbara Ekler
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!!!
Lillie
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a cute story of two idealistic people who knew what they wanted in a partner, and it wasn't ordinary. They are brought together by a charming scamp who is the heroine's niece and the hero's student. They discover that ideal is imaginary, and ordinary is in the eye of the beholder.
Melody
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-again
Before I say anything else, I wanted to say that I received a complimentary ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Ok, with that out of the way, I also wanted to say that I would gladly have paid the money for the book. Good grief, was it cute! Lately, I've found myself in a bit of a rut - reading books that had a good premise, but didn't turn out nearly as good as it had the potential of being. This book ended the rut. I liked both lead characters and felt like I could understand them both and wh
Carol
May 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, romance
A fun story with cute wit and humor. Loved the development of Polly and Joe's relationship, the tug of war that their hearts were having over what they thought they wanted and what they truly longed for. Ellie was adorable, loved her matchmaking skills.
Lamar
Mar 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Clean Reads: On sale this week 1 11 Jun 11, 2014 08:53AM

• Walking Sam: A Lake Harriet Novel
  • The Party (Dear Santa, #1)
  • A Christmas Wish (Sapphire Bay, #3)
  • Longing for Forever (Sunset Bay Romance, #1)
  • A New Beginning (The Spinsters Guild, #1)
  • More than Friends in the Middle of Main Street (Nestled Hollow, #3)
  • The Social Tutor (Branches of Love #1)
  • What Would a Duke Do? (Seductive Scoundrels #4)
  • His Christmas Wish (Mountain Rescue Romance, #1)
  • No Longer Yours (Whispering Pines Island Book 2)
  • Sage Advice (The Lone Stars, #6)
  • Colton (Kentucky Green, #1)
  • Studmuffin Santa (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #1)
  • Chasing Rainbows (Love in a Bottle Book 1)
  • Make-Believe Fiancé (Make-Believe Series, #1)
  • Refuge at Pine Lake (Pine Haven)
  • The Strong One (Cutter's Creek #1.5)
  • Miranda (Mail-Order Brides of Sapphire Springs, #1; Brides of Beckham)
Born and raised in northern California, Maggie now lives in Montana - The Last Best Place - where, God willing, she plans to stay forever

Please visit Margaret's website to sign up for updates on future publications, contests and book giveaways.

King's Valley (4 books)
  • Ethan's Bride (King's Valley #1)
  • The Return of Devin Wakefield (King's Valley #3)
  • Annie and Jake (King's Valley #4)