Start by marking “Her Ordinary Joe (King's Valley #2)” as Want to Read:
Her Ordinary Joe (King's Valley #2)

Her Ordinary Joe

(King's Valley #2)

4.41  ·  Rating details ·  17 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
“Polly Winslow is the last woman on earth I’d ever consider getting involved with.”

Ellie Winslow thinks her new fifth-grade teacher, Mr. Matthews, will be the perfect husband for her Aunt Polly. He’s tall and good-looking and he has blue eyes, just like every hero in the romance books her aunt writes. A con-artist in the making, Ellie tells a little white lie to get Mr. Ma
Published April 17th 2014 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Her Ordinary Joe, please sign up.
Margaret Desmond Why, yes it is! Or, it CAN be. The digital version of this book is available on OverDrive. However, your local or regional library needs to purchase…moreWhy, yes it is! Or, it CAN be. The digital version of this book is available on OverDrive. However, your local or regional library needs to purchase the book first, if they haven't already. Download the OverDrive app to your e-reader (the app is available through most app stores). Follow the instructions to access your library system. You will need your library card. Once you're connected, search for "Margaret Desmond." If the library hasn't purchased the book yet, my books will still pop up on screen with "Recommend" beneath each book. Hit that "Recommend" button! If the library buys my books, you'll be one of the first in line to receive a loaner copy. Thanks for helping me place these clean, heartwarming romances in libraries all over the USA! (less)

Lynette
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I received a complimentary ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This book caught me on chapter one. I could really relate to Polly's situation…maybe because several of my nieces have offered to find me a husband. :) I loved Ellie. Who wouldn't want a niece like her? And I think my eyes actually rolled when Polly's mother started meddling in her love life. Her family felt so real.

I also liked how the narration flipped back and forth between Polly and Joe so you get both points of view. It helped
Darlingem
This book could be a Hallmark movie. Seriously! As I was reading it, I could totally picture every character and setting like I was snuggled up on my couch on a rainy day watching the Hallmark channel. Ms. Desmond writes in such an entertaining way that keeps me captivated from one chapter to the next. I'm not a huge fan of switching back and forth between the h & H's POV, but it worked in this story as it helped to get a deeper understanding of Joe's unusual upbringing and why he's so oppos ...more
Therese Wiese
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. This is the first book I have read by Margaret Desmond. Sometimes in romance novels, the gals are so whiney! So refreshing to have the gal just be specific in her choices. The writing style reminded me of Debby Macomber - her characters were really nicely filled out, and you could totally picture all of them. I would love to see subsequent books about Polly's (Margaret's) bothers and their lives.

Sadly, my public library (San Jose CA) does not have either of Desmond's books.

Th
Taralee
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun read!

This book was just what I was in the mood for and I really enjoyed it. I love a good book that is a quick read. It hits the spot sometimes! I enjoyed the characters and how it all camee together.
Melody
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-again
Before I say anything else, I wanted to say that I received a complimentary ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Ok, with that out of the way, I also wanted to say that I would gladly have paid the money for the book. Good grief, was it cute! Lately, I've found myself in a bit of a rut - reading books that had a good premise, but didn't turn out nearly as good as it had the potential of being. This book ended the rut. I liked both lead characters and felt like I could understand them both and wh
Carol
May 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, romance
A fun story with cute wit and humor. Loved the development of Polly and Joe's relationship, the tug of war that their hearts were having over what they thought they wanted and what they truly longed for. Ellie was adorable, loved her matchmaking skills.
Shelly
  • Minor Adjustments
  • The Meltdown Match
  • With a Dreamboat in a Hammock
  • Girls Who Choose God
  • Last Chance (Kentucky Chances, #1)
  • Gareth (The Ghosts of Culloden Moor # 5)
  • In Tune With Love: An April Wedding Story (A Year of Weddings Novella 2, #5)
  • One Chance (Aliso Creek #5)
  • Just Play (Last Play #3)
  • A Light in the Dark (Fallout, #2)
  • Date and Dash (Better Date than Never #10)
  • Love on the Air
  • The Ultimatum Bride (Mail-Order Matches)
  • Her Reluctant Bodyguard
  • Where There's Smoke (Montana Fire, #1)
  • The Best Is Yet to Come (The Best Girls, #0.5)
  • A Little Blackmail (Destiny Bay: Forever Yours #2)
Margaret Desmond has always loved all things romantic. After reading Gone with the Wind at the age of ten, she was inspired to take her own pen to paper. Epic tomes set in faraway lands gradually evolved into modern day love stories. She endeavors to find a new twist in the telling, but the age-old story of boy meets girl will forever be at the heart of her writing.

The town of King's Valley in Ma

King's Valley (4 books)
  • Ethan's Bride (King's Valley #1)
  • The Return of Devin Wakefield (King's Valley #3)
  • Annie and Jake (King's Valley #4)