Start by marking “Animals In My Hair” as Want to Read:
Animals In My Hair

Animals In My Hair

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  16 ratings  ·  8 reviews
"Taken to a hair salon by his mother, the little boy is the only one not startled by the sudden appearance of endangered animals tumbling from his overgrown mop of hair!

This modern fairytale introduces numbers, colours, and some lesser known animals to the reader, while beautiful illustrations hide educational secrets and excite imagination."

SPECIAL FEATURES

Animals In My
Hardcover, First Edition, 58 pages
Published June 15th 2013 by Mili Fay Art

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Animals In My Hair
Peggy McAloon
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The artwork was amazing and the story delightful. Just watching our granddaughter read the story and how her face beamed as she gingerly touched the pictures and turned the pages was definitely worth a 5Star review. She has hated her hair and the fact that she can't even get a comb through it (she's 7) but she actually seemed to sit a little taller as she read the delightful story. She clutched the book for hours before they returned home. What a joy to see a child transformed by a story!
Gina Briganti
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mili Fay has created a charming story, with engagingly illustrated characters, and a clever eBook format.

I read "Animals In My Hair" from the perspective of a parent who has read a lot of books to her children when they were in their younger years, and as an expectant grandmother who is looking forward to reading this story to my grandchild.

This book is a treasure that will spoken of long after it is read.
Thepicturebookreview
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Incredible book! Gorgeous illustrations, fun story, counting, and introduces uncommon animals. A family favorite.
Ljiljana Randjelovic
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The book is great. My kid just loves it. Great story, cool illustrations. I recommend it to all parents with little kids.
Nikola
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Animals In My Hair from Mili Fay is a piece of art in your hands! You won't see so many beautifully illustrated animals in one simple, short, yet interesting and rhyming story. It's a story of a boy who goes to the barber with his mother for the first time. What happens at barber's - fairytale unfolds! The boy's hair is like a forest containing animals of all sorts. One particular part of the book really caught my eye - when she describes what animals are coming out of the boy's hair - she does ...more
Solange Guillen
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read2019, childrens
My mother was thrilled!
My hair a forest no more!
while with all those animals
combed out of my hair, a
ZOO
opened next door.

What a delightful storybook!
My daughter loved the illustrations and was looking forward to reading the next page and find the animals living in the girls hair.
Peggy McAloon
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I purchased Mili Fay's "Animals In My Hair" for my granddaughter. As a watercolor artist, the pictures in this adorable book are first-rate! I read the book with my granddaughter who has incredibly curly hair and quite frankly hates it. She was mesmerized and stroked the pictures as we read the story. She carried the book around the rest of the day and opened it repeatedly to look at the pictures and read the story again (She's 7). I couldn't have been more pleased with the book and the silent ...more
Milica
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Having witnessed the very beginnings of the creation of this book, when the amazing story was just a twinkle of an idea in the author's mind, I was in awe when I saw what the final product looked like.
I shared my copy with the kids I know, as well as some young, future artists, and it has been an inspiration to everyone.
I leaf through it often, and there is always some new detail, either in the lines or the pictures, that draws my attention.
I am looking forward to a sequel.
Nina
Lauryn
Dec 01, 2015
Heidi
Mar 23, 2018
Children's Books: Free copy of "Animals In My Hair" anyone? 5 12 Dec 02, 2014 04:39PM
Children's Books: Did I invent a new type of Picture Book? 25 66 Sep 27, 2014 07:54AM
Child Inspiration 2 4 Jun 03, 2014 01:16PM
Mili Fay, an award-winning artist, animator, and author/illustrator began her career at fourteen by painting her first portrait commission. At that time, as the only artist in her family, she negotiated a deal with her practical parents: they would allow her to study classical animation at Sheridan College if she earned above 90% in every single academic class in high school. They stipulated that ...more