Start by marking “Là où le bonheur nous attend (A l'ombre des Magnolias, #3)” as Want to Read:
Là où le bonheur nous attend (A l'ombre des Magnolias, #3)

Là où le bonheur nous attend

(The Sweet Magnolias #3)

Décidément, la vie n’est pas rose pour Lynn Morrow en ce moment : non seulement elle est en pleine procédure de divorce, mais encore, avec deux adolescents à charge, elle peine à joindre les deux bouts… Alors, quand Mitch Franklin, son voisin, secrètement touché par sa situation, lui propose de l’embaucher, Lynn accepte, bouleversée et pleine de reconnaissance. Un sentimen ...more
Published February 1st 2014 by Harlequin (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Là où le bonheur nous attend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Là où le bonheur nous attend

Erin
Aug 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, books-i-own
First published in 2007 and the third book in the Sweet Magnolias series, this was one of those contemporary romances where the protagonists don't enjoy each other's company at first but soon the sparks are flying. But Helen is a successful lawyer with a fondness for designer shoes and Erik is a widowed chef with a whole lot of hurt. Are they prepared for a lifetime of love? I didn't expect a lot from this story and so I just gave myself over to the drama that ends with a happily ever after en ...more
Lynda
Dec 27, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Helen, a high powered divorce attorney clashes with Eric, former EMT turned pastry chef while resolving problems of the restaurant employees. Helen suddenly realizes she wants a child of her own and Eric can not get over the death of his first wife. I enjoyed this installment in the Sweet Magnolias series. Predictable but with unexpected twists.
Jeanie Jackson
Jun 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Note: I seldom give 5 stars on Goodreads because I am comparing these books to the best I ever read. At other sites, rate just to how much I recommend a book. This is a 5 star recommendation.
Kathryn
Enjoyed this story of Helen and other characters. A series that I really like.
Chris
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THIS SUMMARY/REVIEW WAS COPIED FROM OTHER SOURCES AND IS USED ONLY AS A REMINDER OF WHAT THE BOOK WAS ABOUT FOR MY PERSONAL INTEREST. ANY PERSONAL NOTATIONS ARE FOR MY RECOLLECTION ONLY
(view spoiler)
Debbie Lesley
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet Times with the Sweet Magnolias

Part of the reason I enjoyed this series of books is the friendship endured by the three women, life-long friends, who make up the Sweet Magnolias. I often envy women who have this kind of friendship and just thoroughly enjoyed reading a series about women like this. Do they always agree on everything? No. Do they always get along? Well, not totally, but they know each other so well that they can get through any spats. Another plus to this series:: the charact
Alyssa Edmonds
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jade aka MrsTosh
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have really enjoyed this series so far. The audiobook versions I have listened to have been excellent.

I was really looking forwards to Helens story as she is the feistiest out of the three MC’s. We have had snippets into her life from the two previous books and she has peaked my interest from the start. A successful divorce lawyer who has become jaded by all the separations she has witness but vulnerable enough to still long for her own happy ever after. It’s nice to see that with Eric she has
Barbara Van Zandt
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Opposites

I'd cried, gotten mad and shook my my head. 2 very stong people fighting attraction, and a young woman needed to get control of her life and kids. I'd like the story of talking about 3 different people living and working together. Helen was wrong to use Erik like she did to become pregnant. But he showed her by forcing a wedding, loved it. The personal trainer falling for the young mother.
Laurie Smith
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book in the series tackles the issue of a man wanting revenge against Helen one of the sweet magnolias. She represented his wife in a divorce and they won, the other story line is The relationship between Helen and Erik, the sous chef at Sullivan’s, Dana Sues restaurant, one of the sweet magnolias. These books always hold my interest and this book was no exception. It is hard to put this book down
Tobborah
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This third installment finished on a high note though the stubbornness of this couple was almost too much for me to handle. Erik and Helen have a hard time being honest with each other about their feelings and with a disgruntled husband on the search for Helen, a divorce attorney, this stubborn refusal to say they care almost ends badly. There is also a great parallel arc for the characters that keeps you interested in the people of Serenity!
Linda
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was drawn to Sherryl Woods' book, Feels Like Family, because one of her main characters-- Helen Decatur--is forty-three. This is the third book in her Sweet Magnolias series. This book is an easy 376 page read. It centers around various women in different stages of life, who are as close as family. It includes reconciliation, remarriage, first marriage, co-parenting, pregnancies, dating after divorce, as well as successfully holding down a job. I liked the characters and the HEAs!
Nancy
Feb 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Erik & Helen’s relationship a bit too angsty 4 me.
But Karen’s acknowledgement of her dangerous spot regarding her kids as an overloaded single mother was an excellent story of how caring friends can rally round to really help her on many fronts. That is the highlight of this story for me.
Too much got packed into the book for my taste but no question that she is a riveting author.
Carol Ames
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

This book and the 2 before it are wonderful. You can almost see the town the people and you feel like you are part of the family. I loved it and now I need to read the next one. I have a picture of each person in this book and can’t wait to find out what happens next. As I said excellent
Elizabeth Midgley
I enjoyed #3. Helen is a much more interesting character than Dana Sue. I'm glad she got her own book. She is smart, sneaky and strong willed. The story line was great and having Karen's story intertwined with Helen's really worked. I think the sex scenes are little much for this type of book but it didn't ruin it.
Diana Murphy
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another spectacular read! I wanted to jump in this book. It takes place in a restaurant, a spa and friends apartments. 4 friends, helping each other; living , struggling, healing, moving on. Friends, neighbors, families, new relationships. Divorce, shotgun wedding, new babies. Read! Read! Read! You will laugh , cry and be happy you did!
Jeanne (love2cook)
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This is about Helen Decatur, the most driven and cynical of the Sweet Magnolias. She's 42 and ready for a baby. One serious problem, no serious relationship in her life. She'll not wait for fate to step in. She's at odds with her two best friends, when she snags a man who doesn't want a family, and this act of selfless leads right straight into the love complication. A good read!
Barb
Jul 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Single attorney Helen decides to go about her dream of having a family--against her friends' advice, by deceiving the man who loves her. Helen was, for me, the least likable character in this novel. It's part of a series; I'll look forward to reading the others.
Nan
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The final story of the Sweet Magnolias trilogy did not disappoint. I liked the three main women in this group. There were no surprise endings, but getting there kept my interest. It's a summer beach read and I liked it.
Felicity
this story carried on very well from the earlier novel. I liked the different story about someone who had a career and a happy life and seemed to want for very little. It was a nice love story and the humour was consistent and nice as well
Marcia  Haskell
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The 3rd sweet magnolia gives up some control

Small southern town. Lots of problem solving. Twists and turns with familiar characters. Helen’s Personality leads her into the troubles she was trying to avoid.
Emily
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sooo Good!!

Great author! Fun, light read. Now I want to read the rest of the books I. This series. I was loving it the whole way through. I can’t wait to hear about the other characters. Charming and sweet. Trust me you won’t regret reading this author.
Sally Brooks
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy read, feel good series. I will definitely read the rest of the books.
Sheila Alexander
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great continuation of a family and friends
Amy
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
another great book in this series
C.  (Christy)
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read from Sherryl Woods. Sweet, romantic, and highly entertaining.
Colleen
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Every two or three books, you need some fluff. That is what this is.
L Shirey
Sep 05, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Debbie Sue
I love sweet magnolia books and have read most of them i just did Not like what Helen did to Eric pretty sneaky and underhanded
Stephanie Cueva
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series so far can't wait to read the next one
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Dockside (Lakeshore Chronicles, #3)
  • Angel's Peak (Virgin River, #9)
  • That Holiday Feeling (Virgin River, #7.5; Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Home Again (Chesapeake Diaries #2)
  • Sweet Spot (Bakery Sisters, #2)
  • Reflection Point (Eternity Springs, #6)
  • Austin (McKettricks, #13)
With two other careers to her credit before becoming a novelist and four states in which she's lived for extended periods of time, Sherryl Woods has collected friends and memories, along with way too much unnecessary junk.

"The friends are the only things I've brought with me through the years that really matter," she says. "I could probably live without one more chintz teacup, another tin-litho sa

The Sweet Magnolias (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Stealing Home (The Sweet Magnolias #1)
  • A Slice of Heaven (The Sweet Magnolias #2)
  • Welcome to Serenity (The Sweet Magnolias #4)
  • Home in Carolina (The Sweet Magnolias #5)
  • Sweet Tea at Sunrise (The Sweet Magnolias #6)
  • Honeysuckle Summer (The Sweet Magnolias #7)
  • Midnight Promises (The Sweet Magnolias, #8)
  • Catching Fireflies (The Sweet Magnolias, #9)
  • Where Azaleas Bloom (The Sweet Magnolias, #10)
  • Swan Point (The Sweet Magnolias #11)