Start by marking “The Britannia Conspiracy” as Want to Read:
The Britannia Conspiracy

The Britannia Conspiracy

Throughout its turbulent history, Britain has produced its fair share of heroes, men and women who have fought bravely, sometimes to the death, to protect and defend their nation. Boudicca was one of the first, a fierce warrior-queen who, in AD 61, united Britain’s tribes, and led them to glorious victories over the occupying Roman armies. During these great battles her ...more
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 330 pages
Published April 17th 2014 by Britannia Publications (first published March 19th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Britannia Conspiracy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Britannia Conspiracy

Start your review of The Britannia Conspiracy
edifanob
Oct 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books, 2014-reads
I'm not a fan of zombie stories.

But this mix of history, mythology world destroying thriller and a pinch of horror was most entertaining.

Due to information at the end of the book there will be a sequel - THE BRITANNIA CONTAGION - available in December 2014.
Meerfantom
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As an enormous devotee of whole-world destroying thrillers, anything of mass demolition or the world is in risk, I have likely seen or perused the vast majority of them. Yet every so often, something so extraordinarily enlivening tags along to shake me out of my taintedness. Furthermore Peter Middleton's 'The Britannia Conspiracy' is one of those books. It compellingly impresses you and steadily enchants you with its tear thundering, edge-of-your-seat story.

The creative ability and premise
Molly
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A modern-day historical fiction

From the beginning of the book the tone is set to assume you are currently in this world where the dead Roman soldiers are causing fear and havoc in modern-day London. As the apocalyptic scenes unfold in a vivid and horrifying way you are drawn into the chaos and along with the characters and are trying to figure out what is going on. I liked the way the characters are introduced, each with a brief history so you get a sense of who they are and what drives them.

I
Frank
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Right from the chilling prologue I knew this was going to be something special. The intertwining of the history and mythology with modern thriller and horror aspects and incorporating all the different genres is skilfull work from Mr Middleton. All the elements come together wonderfully and the story runs along at a fast pace. The different time periods are anchored nicely with little details, there is a real sense of that place and time, very evocative. It's also anchored by the characters, ...more
Nev Murray
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another debut novel by someone I have never heard of......but I am very glad I've heard of him now. This book is so much fun!!

2000 years ago Boadicea drove the Romans from Britain, but thousands of Roman soldiers were slaughtered and buried in mass graves or simply where they fell. In the present day Liberius, who was Roman Tribune at the time and made immortal by a witches curse, has taken possession of the Amulet of Ankhef which gives him the power to raise and control the dead. He raises the
Lawrence
Not normally a fan of zombie stories, and if that was the primary focus of this story, my rating would have been much lower. But, this is a story of a man cursed to be immortal seeking revenge, and another man blessed with immortality who must find a way to save millions of innocents. Enjoyed the historical notes in the short flashbacks, and some of the tongue in cheek humor.
Kathryn Kaye
Jul 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
A wild ride!

When the Tower of London explodes and Britain becomes a scene of destruction, the officials assume terrorism. They are greatly surprised when undead Roman soldiers rise and create havoc. This is fun action adventure with a thrilling twist! I loved this book and I am sure that others will find it just as entertaining and exciting as I did.
Christian Glenister
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A refreshingly superb read. I couldn't put it down once I started. A fusion of sci-fi, fantasy, war and witty black comedy. In short, a riveting read exploring love, hate, death and the occult/supernatural. It felt like an addictive series of Fox's 24, but in book form. Brilliant.
Daniel Ace
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I usually don't get near the zombie genre but this was a very pleasant treat. A thriller blending fantasy, zombies and the end of Britain. Enjoyed this very much and am looking forward to the next book in the series.
Angel Graham
I wanted to like this but just cannot do zombie stories. I gave it a three because it is not anything wrong with the book, just turned out to be a subject matter I do not like.
Matthew
Mar 01, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The language was clunky and the characters were one dimensional. As you can guess, I really didn't like it.
Maggie
Oct 08, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not really crazy about Zombie stories, but I plugged my way through it only to be disappointed in the ending since it set it up for at least one more sequel. I thought it dragged some to.
Craig