Start by marking “Curtis (Coyote Ridge, #1)” as Want to Read:
Curtis (Coyote Ridge, #1)

Curtis

(The Walkers of Coyote Ridge #1)

“I’ve always believed for every person there was only one love that would last a lifetime. I never understood quite what it meant until I met you though. You’re it for me, Lorrie. You are my love that lasts a lifetime.” ~Curtis Walker

A love story 50 years in the making…

Curtis Walker has lived his life to the fullest and he attributes that to the woman who has always been b
ebook
Published March 15th 2016 by Nicole Edwards Limited

To ask other readers questions about Curtis, please sign up.
Kelly L Alluring Indulgence is one of a few series I recommend reading in order. I can usually read series out of order but if you read Curtis' story without…moreAlluring Indulgence is one of a few series I recommend reading in order. I can usually read series out of order but if you read Curtis' story without having read some or all of the series, it will give you a very different perspective, one that's not entirely in keeping with the series. Well, it DOES keep with the story, of course, for those who have read AI, and is a must-read in that regard. I loved reading about the parents, Curtis & Lorrie. Their story is tender and perfect and telling in all the right spots. I read mostly MM now ate up every word of their story.

Now, it is a perfectly enjoyable standalone for readers who prefer MF & aren't pulled to AI because of that, but it is just so rich when placed on the end of this series.

Cara McKenna's "Shivaree" series is one of the others in the needs-to-be-read-in-order vein, imo. The MM story is what interests me so I put up with a little bit of MFM :) but that was worth it for the part she plays in the story. A re-read at least one a year for me. (less)

Jaime
5+ Stars to this story of a love that last a lifetime! So I don't read much of the M/F genre anymore I am a hardcore M/M reader. However, when I saw this sign up and what it was about, I caved. I am SO GLAD I did, this is one book that you don't want to miss!! I got this book on my kindle last night and I stayed up all night reading it, Couldn't put it down - was crying, laughing, and just so enthralled in the story that before I knew it I had read the night away!!

We have all seen Curtis Walker
Denise - Shh Mom's Reading®
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
CURTIS (Coyote Ridge #1) #mustclick #5stars http://amzn.to/1Rkqvas

I am going to start my saying I am struggling to find the words to relay my love of this book. Yes, Nicole Edwards is an author whose books I adore, but Curtis takes that to a whole new level. With literary genius Ms Edwards provides the reader with a glimpse inside a love that spans 5 decades.
I loved that CURTIS is not told in flashbacks. You see their love story from the beginning (starting in 1962) as well as the present day.
Annette
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tbr
Wow just wow!!!! Nicole Edwards just continues to amaze me!! Fasten your seatbelt for this story. I laughed, I cried, then I laughed again and in between this is a hot and sexy story. I will NEVER get tired of reading about the Walker family.

Curtis and Lorrie's love story is 50 years in the making and is one of the most beautiful stories ever. I want to say so much more but at the same time don't want to give anything away. So in a nutshell......YOU MUST READ CURTIS!!!!

Ang (Sizzling Pages)
Mar 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Tenderly sweet story of innocence and true love. Curtis' character was not what I expected. His sincere gentleness towards Lorrie took me by surprise. A truly perfect hero. Loved seeing their journey from childhood to present day.
Nicole
4.5 Stars!
Saunders
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This story was just soooooo lovely. Well done and what an insight we got of Curtis and Lorrie.

"I've always believed for every person there was only one love that would last a lifetime I never understood quite what it meant until I met you though. You're it for me, Lorrie. You are my love that lasts a lifetime" Curtis Walker

and this really sums up what this book is about- the trials that come within a relationship, the strength that they give each other - a love that withstood the test of time an
Aղցela W.
This was a really good read. I love reading Ms. Edwards books this one was just what I needed at this time in my life. Curtis and Lorrie Walker have been together for more than 50 years they have been through the good the bad and the ugly. Curtis Walker was 16 when his father died and Lorrie was forced by her father to go and talk to him she was 14. Curtis is forced to marry her when she is 15 years old and with a some what rocky start he joins the army that gives them both time apart to grow up ...more
Kim
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"What?” Curtis asked, looking from one boy to the next. “Y’all think you were the only wild ones in Coyote Ridge?”

I absolutely love the Walker family, and the love story of Curtis and Lorrie was everything I hoped for. Love, laughter, tears, heartbreak, and steam - this book packs it all into the pages as we live 50+ years of history with them.

Normally I would write a long-ish review with all kinds of details on the feels, but that opening paragraph completely sums up this book for me. As we ex
Reflections of a Book Geek
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-from-author, r
I don't really like books that are mostly set in the past nor do I normally read books about the parent/ grandparents! They're not something I've ever really enjoyed and I wasn't sure about reading this story. Saying that I'm so glad I did.

I have loved every Nicole Edwards book I have read so far and this book was no different. Curtis and Lorrie were the matriarch's of the family and I loved them in every book we have seen them in.

Curtis wasn't anything like I expected him to be, he was amazin
Tricia Bartley
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
"So your old man forced you to come over here?"
"Yep."
"To see one of my sisters?"
"Nope."
"My mom?"
"Uh-uh."
"My brother?"
"Wrong again."
"Then who? Me?"
"Mm-hmm."

There is nothing better to walk down memory lane with Nicole Edward's Walker Brothers. And when I found out this was Curtis's story-Walker Boys dad...OHHHH MYYY GAWD...I WAS IN HEAVEN!!!

When the story begins...Curtis is almost 17 and Lorrie Jameson is 14. Both came from HUGE families. Her daddy hated the Walkers, and when Curtis's dad passed
D
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love romance that stands the test of time.
I'm almost embarrassed to say but this is my first Nicole Edwards book. Don't judge. And yes, I wish I had started back in the day but it is what it is.
I love true romance stories, or what I love to call "home grown" romances. Curtis and Lorrie knew each other from young children and formally met when he was 17 and she was 14. Ulterior motives and circumstance brought them together but really passion and true love kept them together.
Nicole Edwards b
JJ -
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“You are my love that lasts a lifetime.”

Y’all… This book tho… It’s so much a steamy Nicole Edwards book, but it’s so much more.

The feels. Guys, the feels. It was hard for me to read this book, yet I couldn’t put it down. It one thing to read about the struggles a couple goes through in order to get to that marriage point. In honesty, that’s mostly the type of stories I read. To read a book where the struggles come after the wedding… a whole different kind of feels. Being a married woman, to imag
Lori
Sep 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Tracy Reads
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
another awesome read by Nicole full review to come
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Image

ARC received for an honest review

"You are my love that lasts a lifetime."

I have loved the stories about all the Walker children, but now it is time to head back to where it all began with their parents, Curtis and Lorrie.

What a beautiful love story theirs is. Over 5 decades their love never waivered, just grew stronger ever single day. They truly are the love of each others lives.

I always knew that they must have married young, but I was surprised at how young they were!

And we soon learn where
Mandie Foxylutely
The first book in new series Coyote Ridge, Curtis tells the love story of over fifty years of the parents of the famous Walker brothers. I was a bit apprehensive of how this was going to be and would it be like reading about your parent’s sex life haha as being a big fan of the Walkers Brothers series, Curtis and Lorrie have become kind of like my fictional parents. Let me just say this book was fabulous and amazing and no there was no cringing behind my kindle!

I always knew that Curtis and Lorr
Wit & Wonder Books
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
** ARC PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR FOR AN HONEST REVIEW **

Curtis ( A Coyote Ridge Novel) was a 5 star read for me. And if I could, I would rate it even higher. I haven't read a book in the past several months that made me smile, laugh, cry and hold my breathe like Curtis did. I read it all in one day. It grabbed my attention and held it. Which as of late, is a huge accomplishment.

Curtis is the first book in the new series Coyote Ridge by Nicole Edwards. It is a spin-off of the Alluring Indulgence S
Confessions_of_a_Serial_Reader
I haven't read any of the previous stories featuring the Walker boys so I had never been introduced to Curtis and Lorrie. I have always loved when an author would offer backstories on the parents of a popular group. Normally though I would have already read the others. I am SO glad that I read this book. What an epic love story that will - in fact - last a lifetime.

We start off at the first meeting between Curtis and Lorrie and end 50+ years later. Nicole Edwards takes her readers by hand, with
Jenna
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Nicole Edwards has written one of the most memorable romances I have ever read. When you fall in love with characters from a series you tend to fall in love with the whole family, as I have with the Walker Family.
Curtis and Lorrie's story is packed full of everything from love to deception to pain and right back to love again....... and the sex, Lord, the sex!!
You will never find a more complete love story.
Deanne
Feb 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

For all of those that have followed the Walker family you don't want to miss this one! It was kind of weird for me following the parents of so many kids that I read getting their kink on but it all worked out. A bit of a slow start but the last 3/4 of the book really came through for me.
Tina
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a book I was hoping NE would always write. I have read every single book she has written and I always wondered about Curtis and Lorrie. I wanted to know them. I wanted to know the couple that raised the hot wild Walker Brothers!
This was a heartwarming story. It was everything I wanted it to be!
Devika
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 "you are the love that last a lifetime" stars.....
Thea™
Feb 06, 2016 marked it as 4-to-read-soon
Connected to the 'Alluring Indulgence' series about the Walker family. Beter om te lezen als je de boeken over alle 'zoons' gelezen hebt...
HeatherTX
One can only hope to find the kind of love and devotion that is written within these pages.

This is where the Walker legacy started and what a beautiful story it was! If you're a fan of the Alluring Indulgence series, this is an absolute must read!
Kate Hastings
Having always wanted to be a Walker...insert slow wink here...I loved everything about this story.

Curtis and Lorrie take us through the story of their epic 50 plus year long romance, and it’s an all the feels read. ALL the feels.

Loved it.
Hooker Heels Book Blog
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Curtis is was a nostalgic, romantic trip back in time before the Walker boys came to be. Just a boy himself, Curtis Walker has always been a pinnacle of strength and the patriarch of the infamous Walker clan. I have read all the stories of the children, but this one was unique and very special. I’ll admit when I first started reading Curtis, I was a little skeptical because of the period in which the story was set. I can honestly say that I have never read a book set during that time, but I will ...more
Christy McCurry
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This story is STUNNING ! I didn't not want to put it down and I never wanted it to end. Curtis and Lorrie's story brought tears to my eyes on many occasions. Their story spans out over 55 years. The journey Nicole Edward takes us on is emotional, heartbreaking, and just simply breathtakingly beautiful.

I could read this book over and over again.

Would I recommend this story ? Yes, 1,000 times over Yes!!!!

Christy
Radical Reads Book Blog

Arc provided in exchange for my honest review.
Paula
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A love story spanning over 50 years. I thought Lorrie & Curtis's story (parents of the infamous Walker Brothers from the Alluring Indulgence series) was absolutely perfect - both funny and at times had me in tears.

I'm so glad that Nicole Edwards decided to write their story.
Kristina
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-my-ipad
Why did I wait so long to read this? What an absolutely beautiful story! I loved it!
Janice Somers
This is a spin-off from "The Alluring Indulgence Series" and the first in the series. This is the story of Curtis Walker and Lorrie Walker, from their first meeting, to dating, marriage, and building a family of the Walker sons.
This was an incredible story of how the Walker family came to be. I loved it and recommend it for anyone who has read or not read "The Alluring Indulgence Series." The family dynamics of these two people who struggled from the beginning love, marriage, separated/but toget

• Freeze Frame (Snapshot, #1)
  • Goddess Rising (Complicated Creatures #0.5)
  • Tame Me (One Night with Sole Regret, #13)
  • Wicked Bond (The Wicked Horse, #5)
  • Chaos (Unhinged, #3)
  • Beg (God of Rock Duet, #2)
  • Luke's Present (Morning Report, #3.5)
  • Forbidden Virgin
  • Untitled (Breathe Again, #3)
  • Forever Ours (Tangled Hearts Trilogy, #3)
New York Times bestselling author Nicole Edwards launched her professional writing career in July of 2012. Having been an avid reader all of her life and a huge fan of creative writing, it seemed the likely path for her to take. Since then, she has released more than forty books and has no plans to stop. As her full-time career/hobby, Nicole writes steamy contemporary and erotic romances.

Nicole is

The Walkers of Coyote Ridge (6 books)
  • Jared (Coyote Ridge #2)
  • Hard to Hold (Caine Cousins, #1)
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
  • Beau (Walkers of Coyote Ridge, #5)
  • Rex (Walkers of Coyote Ridge #6)
“Where’re we goin’?” he grumbled. “Across the street to grab a bite to eat. Everyone’s waitin’ on us.” “Everyone?” Curtis frowned. “Yeah, you know, the other six who you donated sperm for.” Curtis shook his head in disbelief. Some of the things that came out of his boys’ mouths.” 1 likes
“Lorrie Jameson, if I’m gonna be anyone’s future boyfriend, I’m gonna be yours.” “Me?” “Yes. You. I’m gonna find a way to win you over. No matter what it takes.” With that, Curtis turned and walked away, leaving her completely stunned. And more than a little happy.” 1 likes