Start by marking “The Reason I Stay” as Want to Read:
The Reason I Stay

The Reason I Stay

Jack Daniels is the cure to all evils.
Sex should be casual and, preferably, anonymous.
Giving a damn is for nurses, philanthropists and suicide hotlines.

My name is Mathew Rogers and those are the values I built my adult life around. They are also the reason I had to forsake everything I loved in Seattle and embark on a solitary road trip across the country, with no directio
ebook, 1st
Published September 10th 2014 (first published September 9th 2014)

Eliza

Rating: 3.5 "Jerkface" stars
Cliffhanger: No
HEA: (view spoiler)

photo 9483F412-B0AA-447F-B723-D876EB02662E_zpsnjc5hrn3.jpg

Twenty - Four year old Matthew Rogers rolls into Jolene, Alabama with his Maserati named Greta and a shitty attitude. On a four month extended vacation/exile from his role as a Lawyer in Seattle, he happens upon the Town and eventually The Jukebox Diner. Fed up with not being allowed home until whatever mess he has created ha
Lisa
*ARC Given to Blog for Honest Review*

4 “tucks his hair behind his ear” “taps her finger” “rose” Kisses

OMG…I did not know I was going to fall in love with those characters as much as I did…wow. I was completely pulled into this story, practically from the beginning and it was a rush of emotions from start to finish. The Reason I Stay was a fantastic angsty romance…exactly what I needed and gave me all the feels and then some.

Mathew Ian Rogers…love the name by the way…oh my Matty…my little refor
* A review copy was provided by Patty Maximini for the Blog Tour *

Amazon Buy Link---->> The Reason I Stay

~~ 4 Stars ~~

This was the first book by this author that I have read and I have to say it was quite enjoyable. I really liked the storyline and the characters she created. Even though this story starts a little on the slow side, once Mathew meets Lexie, the story totally takes off and became an easy and fun read. I thought the flow and pace of this book was good, I thought the autho
Lustful Literature
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
** TARA'S REVIEW **

4.5 Mine Will Always Be You Stars

When rich boy Matthew Rogers' out of control lifestyle gets him in some hot water and something tragic happens, he has no choice but to get away from Seattle for a while. Taking a road trip to parts unknown, fate leads him to a small town in Alabama. Looking for the next girl to warm his bed, he meets Lexie. But Lexie is not like the girls that Matt typically runs into.

"That's one of my life rules: sex should be casual and, preferably, anony
Alanoud R
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Michelle Connor
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

This book took me on a rollercoaster of emotions and I loved every minute of it, even the tears I shed.
FicCentral
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
FicCentral.com

Young attorney Matthew Rogers had made a mess of his life, and it's bad enough that he's not really allowed home for a while, at least until his last screw-up fades into yesterday's news. But roaming town to town with no real purpose is getting old, and there seems to be no end to his wandering in sight. But when a couple of random songs on the radio place him in Jolene, Alabama on nothing more than a whim, he runs into someone who just might be able to turn him around.

Waitress Lexington Blake'
Patty
Sep 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, ibooks
**Originally posted on Bookish Wanderlove.**

Opening Lines
“A moan comes from behind me and I freeze. Please don’t wake up.
I peek over my shoulder and see her beautiful face framed by a halo of bright pink hair resting on one of the pillows. Her parted lips are pulled up in the corners in that subconscious fully-sated smile women sometimes get after a night of rolling in sheets. And man, this woman deserves it.”

I don't pick books in the "normal conventional" way that I'm sure most people do, what
Jessica
Sep 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
the plot

The romance was ADORABLE. Although, at some points it felt like it was moving too fast and as if a bit of insta-love was occurring, which I wasn't a huge fan of. I felt like since the characters start off totally angry at each other that it was a bit weird for them to be getting so close so quickly. Especially since Matt had come across as SUCH a terrible person.

Beside that, I loved their relationship and felt like the story progress really well. I was hooked which is insane because I ha
❤️Melanie
Sep 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
****4 Pedro For Governor Of Virginia Stars****

This was a great story and easy read. It was not highly emotional but relaxed and enjoyable with some drama. Gotta say, love the southern aspect of the story.

Lexie was a independent, strong willed and responsible.

Mathew was stubborn, irresponsible, reckless and a total ass until he met Lexie.

The story between them was funny, sexy, smart and loving. The supporting characters were great with the story and made the story come together.

Good book and rec
D.L. Kane
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a great, light, New Adult read with a fun cast of supporting characters. I love the interactions between Lexie and Matt and was really pleased to read a book that wasn't all about the sex. The main characters are total opposites and they come together so beautifully.
The thing I enjoyed most about The Reason I Stay is simply watching Matt become a better person.
Five Refreshing Stars to Patty Maximini and I will definitely be looking forward to more from her!
Arlene
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it,loved it,loved it, just couldn't put it down,highly recommend
Kirke
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review
I really love it when I don't expect a book to be that good, but then it totally surprises me. This is one of those and I mean this in the best way possible. I expected everything to stay pretty superficial, lots of steamy moments and some over the top drama. What I got was well rounded and very lovable characters, some hot moments, well founded drama and great humor to top it off.

Mathew is a jackass, always speaking the truth, but without any concern of other people's feeling. This coupled with
Heather
Oct 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: girl-crushes
The Reason I Stay – Lexie and Matt – *swoon*

I’m jumping ahead of myself.

Matt was not a nice guy when the book started out. He was a love ‘em and leave ‘em without even a first name type of guy. He was arrogant and rude and typically the kind of guy that would have me near tears in a few seconds if he talked to me the way he first talked to Lexie.

He’s left Seattle and is on a “sabbatical” because of some thing that happened. That has to be taken care of before he can go back to his life.

Lexie is
Tishia (Paperback Opinion)
*3.5 stars* The Reason I Stay is a contemporary romance by Patty Maximini. This book starts off with the hero of the story, Matt, on a solitary road trip. He needs to lay low, so he headed out of town and is staying at random places across the U.S. He ends up in a diner in a small, southern town in Alabama. Here, he meets the waitress that changes his life.

In the beginning of this story, Matt is the biggest jerk ever. He is selfish, arrogant, and rude. His waitress, Lexie, is the first person wh
Laquesha
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Overall, I really enjoyed this read, it was fantastic and I think that all of you guys should read it because it takes the New Adult genre and really makes it into something special and memorable. With that being said, I decided to give this one 5 cupcakes.
Alice
Oct 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
I’m surprised this book was like winning a place among my favorite romances as the story progressed.
We did not start with the lovely gentleman and weak girl who needs protection. But even leaving aside the romanticism and given in doses necessary.

In this story we have Matt, the rich boy who runs around taking the place called destination without direction. But he did not have that dead end that awaited him on the road, Lexie. A tattooed girl pretty insightful that will not fall on their networks
Heather
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Matthew and Lexie……. A cute couple by all means, loving, caring, and one that really sets Matthew straight. Matthew is known as the playboy attorney who is always getting in car accidents. His "Father" won't let him return home because of the latest accident. He is going from place to place by listening to the radio and then picking a state and city based on the songs that he hears…...until he lands in Jolene. That's where he meets Lexie and is disrepectful, rude to her. Granted he has had a ba ...more
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Oct 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book from Xpresso Book Tours in return for a fair and honest review.

Matt was a dick - it's that simple. At the start of the book I was second guessing why I was even reading it. He was arrogant, cocky, smug, there just didn't seem anything 'nice' about him. And Lexie thought the same, especially when he was a jerk to her. She really gave him what-for and I was cheering her on for doing so. The thing is, that got under Matt's skin. She hadn't fallen for him like everyone else did.
Christina
Oct 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Actual rating: 3.5

The Reason I Stay started off a bit infuriating for me. I've chosen that word carefully as, if you've read the book, one of the main characters, Lexie, spends over a third of the book being furious at the other main character, Matt, a stranger she's never met before, who treats her like crap in the restaurant she works. Whilst the cover is fairly dreamy and light, the book isn't so much. It contains sex, strong language and a lot of anger. At first, I really hated Matt, which w
Jo
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t want to like Mathew. I really didn’t. But……. well, as the book went on, he kind of won me over. And Lexie, well, she’s just a great character from the off.

As I was reading this book, I got to halfway, and things were rattling along nicely, so I was just waiting for the other shoe to drop. I knew it was coming. It always does. BUT. In my view, it’s how it’s written that changes the book from a mediocre read to a great read. And with this story, Patty did a great job. The depth of feeling
Tara Santiago
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it

4.5 Mine Will Always Be You Stars

Full review found here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

**A gifted copy was received by the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review**

Be sure to check out more of my reviews at: http://lustfulliterature.com/ & https://www.facebook.com/lustfulliter...
Lucy Lee
LOVE IT!!!! My favorite book of the year!
I Loved the dynamic between Matt and Lexie. Finally, an author that is not only about sex. I'm really tired of it! This book is about love, friendship and a guy who is trying to become a better man. The supporting characters and the setting are also great. Very well written. I love the cover art. I can't stand another cover with someone almost naked.
If you want to read an excellent, refreshing, and true love story, this is your book! Can't wait for the
Anna
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m swooning over here!! I’m a sucker for the jerks who work hard for the girl who is worth it. Plus, I love how Patty Maximini does romance! She has it all in her books - friendships, romances, pasts that have shaped our characters, redemption and such swoon worthy moments! I was laughing at so many of the little jokes between the characters and the flirting — I can’t say enough wonderful things!! If you’re looking for a fun, feel good, tug at your heart, full of love book - look no further.
Oscilatewildely
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
This was an okay quick read. The spelling errors were annoying. I was waiting and waiting for something to happen. Nothing. No climax. Not even a good sex scene. We got more details of the sex between Matthew and his random hookups. What a disappointment when he finally gets together with Lexie!!
Manta Eu Jin
Well, this is a good new adult book. It was like a breath of fresh air with insightful characters, family and friendship matters discussed deeply, and surprisingly less sex. I really liked it.
H C
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Apart from some minor spelling mistakes, i loved this book!!
second time reading
Cindy
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2014
I loved this book! What a great story and between two people who were fated to be together. Loved Matt and Lexie!
Jen D
Okay, so the basic premise of the story is that a really selfish asshole, albeit a really sexy one, runs away from the mess he created in Seattle, only to find himself face to face with his own personal demon in a small town--I mean angel, not demon. She's a force of nature that comes in a small, blonde, tattooed and pretty awesome package. She sees him for what he is: a hot asshole. And she doesn't let him think she sees him as anything less.

He can't stand that she thinks so little of him, and
Sorcha O'Dowd
Beautiful book that will stay with me for a long time. Full review will be posted on my blog on the October for my stop on the 'The Reason I Stay' Blog Tour. http://www.oldvictorianquill.wordpres....
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • London Bound (Chase Brothers, #1)
  • Nijiiro Days 2 (Nijiiro Days #2)
  • Just You (Starting Out #2)
  • Reaction (Reflection, #2)
  • See Through Me (Lose My Senses, #1)
  • Dirty Little Secret (Dirty, #1)
  • Next to You (Life, #2)
  • Wrapped in Lace
  • Breaking Away (Breaking, #2)
  • Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 13
  • Saving Rain (Rain Trilogy, #1)
  • RecruitZ (Afterworld, #1)
  • Made in Nashville
  • Break You (Coldcreek, #1)
  • Where We Fell
  • Before They Find Us
  • Smash Into You (Sorority Row #1)
  • Pretending
Hopeless dreamer, tattoo enthusiast, Disney addict and hoarder of nail polishes and vegan recipes. Patty lives with her husband, her crazy cat, two dogs and elderly bunny in a house frequently visited by wild birds and chipmunks.
“Mine will always be you. X” 1 likes