Start by marking “In Her Wake (Ten Tiny Breaths, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
In Her Wake (Ten Tiny Breaths, #0.5)

In Her Wake (Ten Tiny Breaths 0.5)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  4,612 Ratings  ·  534 Reviews
Before you knew him as Trent in Ten Tiny Breaths, he was Cole Reynolds—and he had it all. Until one night when he makes a fatal, wrong decision…and loses everything.

When a drunken night out at a Michigan State college party results in the death of six people, Cole must come to terms with his part in the tragedy. Normally, he’d be able to lean on his best friends—the ones w
Published September 1st 2014 by Atria Books

To ask other readers questions about In Her Wake, please sign up.

Christy
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paperbacks-i-own
4 stars!!!

In Her Wake is a novella from the Ten Tiny Breaths series. Even though it's a prequel about Trent, if you haven’t read TTB, I would recommend reading it first. I think it’s better to already know Trent and Kacey before jumping into this story…

photo 046402b9-18d3-4a4f-ae86-ed0b0d3432b4_zpsef93d974.jpg

What do you to when one decision changes everything in your life? Takes away not only your two best friends, but also the person you used to be? Not only that, but a carefree and happy teenage girl’s lost her parents, best friend, boyfriend and m
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
4 stars!!

description

In Her Wake is a book that has left me feeling deeply conflicted and though I’ve finally decided on a 4 star rating, I’m not so sure it’s an entirely accurate representation of my feelings for the book. But before I jump into the review, I do want to clarify a few things:

- This is a novella that focuses on the Trent before the events of Ten Tiny Breaths so even though this book chronologically comes first, I highly recommend reading TTB before this one.
- If you are looking for a Trent
Pearl Angeli
How the hell do you cross to get to the other side when you've run out of concrete? I guess you can slap on some wood to patch it up, to help you move on. But the bridge will never be quite right-- never as strong-- again.

Note: I highly recommend you to read Ten Tiny Breaths first before diving into this novella to avoid spoilers.

In Her Wake gave me a hard time to put my thoughts in order after reading it. It was so poignant and stirring, one that totally gives a serious emotional punch. In f
Jennifer Kyle
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

”The worst nightmare of my life is over, I reminded myself. I’m just living in it’s wake.”

description

Wow K.A. Tucker I loved this novella told completely in Cole’s pov of the events that landed our characters into position for book one. I strongly recommend book one to be read prior to this novella.

Cole’s loss, grief, guilt and utter despair is well written as was his need for Kacey to be okay.

"Kacey's spiraling. Just like me."

Cole falls to the pits of depression but his need to be connected
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
First things first....Warning!! If you don't want to be spoiled, do not read this before Ten Tiny Breaths!! Even though it says its #0.5, it really should be #1.5.

Ever since reading Ten Tiny Breaths, I've wondered how things came to be. Whatever happened to Trent and why he did what he did. Now...we get the answers.

I knew this would be heart breaking but I had no idea the connection I would feel between Trent, Sasha and Derek. I think that's the part that was the most devastating, well, who am
Beverly
5 Heartbreaking Stars

I loved Ten Tiny Breaths so I was so excited to get to read Trent’s story. In Ten Tiny Breaths you mostly get to see the aftermath of the accident from Kacey’s point of view. You know that Trent obviously had a lot of regret and was devastated by the accident since he followed Kacey to Florida, and wanted to make things better for her.

In Her Wake shows how Cole learns about the 16 year girl who was the only survivor in the other vehicle. He learns about how she had to sit in
Beth Hudspeth
Great follow up to Ten Tiny Breaths. My heart was breaking reading about how Cole was feeling. This novella is short, but worth the read!

I really liked Ten Tiny Breaths and I want to know more about Cole!
AJ
Mar 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I destroyed her life and then got caught in her wake.
And I realize now that it’s exactly where I’m meant to be.

4.5 heartbreaking stars

Even though this is technically a prequel, it is imperative that you read Ten Tiny Breaths before reading this one. And having said that, this review is going to be hugely spoilery if you haven’t read TTB.

This novella tells Trent’s side of the story – back when he was Cole. From the night of the accident, right through the four year period until Trent and Kacey a
Jacqueline's Reads
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star-books, arc
4 I love Trent / Cole Stars

In Her Wake is a prequel to Ten Tiny Breaths. You do not have to read Ten Tiny Breaths prior to reading In Her Wake, however I strongly suggest you read Ten Tiny Breaths first, just so you can experience everything for the first time.

This is Trent story, or as you known him as Cole in Ten Tiny Breaths. This tells his side of the story prior to meeting Kacey.

I’ll be honest, this is a really sad read. Coming from Trent’s POV, you can really FEEL his pain. He holds a lot
S.M. West
5 BREATHTAKING STARS

I LOVE this series and Ten Tiny Breaths was the first and still my overall favourite. Not an easy story to read but so gut wrenchingly beautiful. I was thrilled to learn that Ms. Tucker gave us this heartbreaking novella in Trent's POV. What a gift!!

photo IHW2_zps7ba907da.jpg

This novella takes place before TTB. It gave me a chance to fully understand where Trent was coming from and why he did what he did. It also beautifully sets up one of the best and most heartbreaking moments from TTB, IMHO, as he
YA Buddy Readers'...: In Her Wake (Ten Tiny Breaths 0.5) by K.A. Tucker 21 28 Sep 14, 2014 06:15AM
  • Right Kind of Wrong (Finding Fate, #3)
  • At Your Beck & Call
  • Damaged Goods (The Outsider Chronicles, #2)
  • Sweet Little Thing (Sweet Thing, #1.5)
  • Falling Stars (Thompson Sisters, #1.5)
  • Pulled Within (Bar Harbor, #2)
  • Frayed (Connections, #4)
  • Uninhibited (Beachwood Bay, #4; The Callahans, #2)
  • Warmth in Ice (Find You in the Dark, #2.5)
  • Salvage
  • Friends & Forever (Sempre, #0.5 & #2.5)
  • Whisper to Me (Between Breaths, #3)
  • Temper for You (For You, #3)
  • Grit (Dirty, #6)
  • The Resolution of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #6)
  • After We Fall (Take the Fall, #3)
  • Breaking the Rules (Pushing the Limits, #1.5)
  • Shattered Lives (Shattered, #2)
K.A. Tucker writes captivating stories with an edge.

She is the USA Today bestselling author of 16 books, including Ten Tiny Breaths and Burying Water, and her upcoming Adult Suspense novel, Keep Her Safe. Her books have been featured in national publications including USA Today, Globe & Mail, Suspense Magazine, and Publisher's Weekly.

K.A. Tucker currently resides in a quaint town outside of
More about K.A. Tucker...

Ten Tiny Breaths (4 books)
  • Ten Tiny Breaths (Ten Tiny Breaths, #1)
  • One Tiny Lie (Ten Tiny Breaths, #2)
  • Four Seconds to Lose (Ten Tiny Breaths, #3)
  • Five Ways to Fall (Ten Tiny Breaths, #4)
“I destroyed her life and then got caught in her wake.
And I realize now that it’s exactly where I’m meant to be.”
10 likes
“What if she could learn to love again? And what if I’m the one who can remind her what that feels like?” 10 likes