Start by marking “Prince Hafiz's Only Vice” as Want to Read:
Prince Hafiz's Only Vice

Prince Hafiz's Only Vice

(Royal and Ruthless #8)

What a royal wants…

Prince Hafiz devotes his days to his people and his nights to indulging his desires with his stunning American mistress, Lacey Maxwell. But duty requires him to marry a "suitable" bride.

In her deepest secret fantasies, Lacey naively hopes to one day wear Hafiz's ring, until her dreams are shattered and he chooses someone else.

Faced with the reality o
Published September 16th 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Prince Hafiz's Only Vice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prince Hafiz's Only Vice

Alex is The Romance Fox
Sorry...may contain a couple of spoilers....
Oh, the romantic desert prince………………….
 photo download_zpszkjp29ag.jpg
……I think I’ve mentioned before that ……I have “gone off” sheikhs and princes, who live in some small unknown desert country, where most of the people are poor and only sheikhs are rich beyond anything we can imagine……and take on Western gorgeous women as lovers and marry the pure local princess!!!!
So, you may be asking me….why are you reading Prince Hafiz's Only Vice, by Susanna Carr? Isn’t it about just the kind
Debbie DiFiore
Rgreader
Prince Hafiz's Only Vice plot has been done before and much better. While the writing was engaging aspects of the story were too much of a negative for me to continue.

What didn't work- the naive non-virginal heroine dismayed to find out she was just the mistress after half a year. I can only like this scenerio if the heroine was a virgin. I just can't accept this scenerio with a heroine who isn't that. Also the hero never ever indicated he loved her yet she moved to an arab country for him. I ca
Marajean
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
Wishy washy flip flopping book.

The hero moved the heroine to an apartment in his home country where he visits her nightly but doesn't actually spend the night.

He thinks she's been spending the last year or however long they've been together living exclusively inside the apartment. Not joking.

So imagine his surprise when he goes to see her and she's not that. She's not there because she went out to buy a paper. She had to go out to buy a paper because her housekeeper and chauffer husband and wife
Jenny
Aug 29, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not a fan of non-virginal heroines and beta heroes!
Becky
I had some sympathy for the hero for the type of familial pressure he was under. He truly loved the heroine and was caught in expectations and duty. Personally I prefer a stronger man but at least this one could truly love. He should have been more forthcoming with heroine. I don't think she was naive or that she had to know she was just a mistress. I think they were in a loving relationship, he confided in her and sought her advice, and gazed at her adoringly, and that's why she didn't see hers ...more
Kaycee ❤️

Well, well, well. This book was hiding way too long on my reader and never-ending-tbr. Why did it take me so long to read this? It was such a wonderful story that weaves perfectly and very powerful. I don’t have any words how beautifully heart-wrenching, emotional roller-coaster it was. I had no idea that this story would capture my attention and my heart. But it did! This book had a little touch of everything and is going to my favorite Harlequins for sure.

Hafiz and Lacey made this book for me
Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
too dumb to live; heroin is a doormat; boring
shms
Sep 02, 2014 rated it did not like it
I usually prefer the older harlequins, the more recent publications not quite doing it for me. So with this I thought, 'What's not to like?';
- a hot sheikh, tick
- wants a mistress but doesn't consider h wife material (not quite like but near enough) - tick
- a alpha hero - no! uhm...ok. How about a beta hero,nope....just a little saddo hero. That was the fail, a really big fail. My hero's GOT to be a Hero.

The whole family conflict etc was fine, and some of the cultural aspects were pretty accura
Julie
Sep 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Prince Hafiz's Only Vice by Susanna Carr is a 2014 Harlequin Presents publication. I was provided a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Lacey becomes involved with Price Hafiz after meeting one another in the states. Now he has brought her to his country so they may continue their affair. However, life for Lacey in too restrictive and she wants to learn the language and culture of Hafiz's home land. However, she is stunned to learn Hafiz plans on getting married... just not to her
Jared Pechacek
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
I'm actually really annoyed, because "disgraced prince will become heir to the throne if he enters a loveless marriage and gives up the woman he truly adores" is a solid premise, like, really solid. The more so because the story starts when they already know each other, so we're watching the potential dissolution of a relationship, which is a far more interesting way to tell a story than yet another meet cute.

There are two main problems, though. The lesser, and easier to address, is that the bo
Brenda
Oct 30, 2017 rated it did not like it
I was about 100 pages into it when I had to go for a checkup. I had a very scary hour and a half because there was something odd when they did the test. Thank God it was a cyst. Now the point of that bit is I decided that I am not wasting an other moment on this stupid book. Our heroine can do better than Hafiz. He's an asshole and I don't care how much he thinks he loves her. He never shows it. He is always complaining and bitching because she arranged for herself to be his secret mistress. (S ...more
Bubblegum
i was dying to read this book, it was on my to be read pile for a while now, and it was so worth the wait. i give this book five stars. although it was a slightly cliched harlequin novel i enjoyed the plot, angst, and complex characters.

i liked that even though the heroine was the heros mistress, and that 'forever' wasnt promised they both loved each other and it wasnt hidden behind their arrangement, like other mistress romance storylines.

i enjoyed reading about their inner troubles as wel as t
Katrina Knittle
Aug 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: goodreads-win
Goodreads win. Will read and review once received.

This was a great quick read. It was one of those books that once I got into it I couldn't put it down. I really like the characters in the book. Lacey was a great character. This was a good romance if your looking for something easy and quick to read.
Maura
Nikki
May 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book was alright but it was just the same two characters having the same conversation 4 or 5 different times. I liked the heroine who really went out of her way to learn about the hero's culture and country. The hero accused her of crazy things when there was no suspicion before. I'd say it was too repetitive overall.
UberApril
May 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Recommended to UberApril by: Harlequin Reader Party
ohman...these two are too much for me!! I..I.. ugh. Due to my own rating system I'm forced to give this 2 stars even though I wanted to rate it at one since I finished the damn book.
Pam
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017
not too found. Do not care for the whole hiding the mistress thing too demeaning .
KyBunnies
Originally posted at Bunny's Review

The best part about fiction is when an author creates a new country, culture or language. With Prince Hafiz’s Only Vice a new country was created, a country that was once lacking in most modern amenities, a country on the rise in wealth and power.

Everyone has a vice, whether it is soda, cigarettes, or coffee, whatever, we all have something that we need to keep us going. For Hafiz that vice is a woman who is forbidden to him by his culture and pass mistakes. Fo
Jess F. (From Me to You ... Book Reviews)
"3 out of 5 stars, a man struggles to deal with his two worlds. Feeling like he has no hope in bringing those worlds together he is forced to give up one of them, either the only woman he’s ever loved or the life he’s built for himself and the country he hopes to help prosper.

In truth, this novel was a struggle to get through, mostly, because both Hafiz and Lacey make their situation sound so bleak even though I understood where each of them were coming from. It would be easy to have stopped rea
Pam
Oct 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-reviewed
I'm thrilled to say I have finally had a Harlequin book heroine redeem herself. I had become so frustrated with the weak way the women had been written and the just plan harsh mean men I hardly bought them anymore. I started calling the books "Doormats Are Us". I am back in the fold again. I had read reviews calling our hero Hafiz's a liar and others names. Saying he was that way through the book but I didn't see it that way. At the beginning I saw him as heartless and with no understanding for ...more
Sarah Covington
Aug 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, first-read
Susanna Carr has done it again. This book was as captivating as her others and I enjoyed every moment of it. While I did not like that the main character had such a negative pattern of relationships, possibly the most devastating being the disasterous relationship with Hafiz, it made for an interesting plot. The main character Lacey falls in love with a Middle Eastern prince and leaves her entire life behind to follow him back to his sultanate to live as his mistress. Her dream is to move onto a ...more
Heather
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
When I started this book I couldn't help but think I had read it before. It was a concept I had read before but the idea that the female lead didn't have a clue for an entire year was hard to swallow.

For a year she lead a separate life from the Prince only spending time with him at night and even then he didn't stay. She didn't once think this arrangement wasn't leading to marriage? I find that unbelievable.

I think the rest of the story was poorly developed, there is a lot of telling that the
Megan
May 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
Not sure why it seems romantic to be called a liar and be kept a secret out of protection. And to be mean because you love someone? Or because you refuse to admit it? Yeah, I'm not sure I see the appeal. Oh, but the sex is addictive, so that must be how love grows, right?

Nor do I enjoy reading stories with weak, weepy women. A few lines of support, strength, and love does not a well-rounded woman make. All the tears and standing up for your worth only to cave and break down repeatedly does no go
Nicole
Sep 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am such a fan of Harlequin stories. They are always so well written and transport you to exotic locales, give you some hot and steamy romance, and make you fall in love. This was a pretty good story. I liked the depth of Lacey and felt I could really connect with her. My heart was broken each time the Prince left her. I felt that what she was going through was quite true to being heartbroken by someone that you think you love, along with her willingness to go back to him, despite how he broke ...more
Louisa P
Sep 20, 2014 rated it liked it
This was a mixed bag for me. I spent a huge amount of time wishing the hero would tell his family to sod off because my heart was breaking for Lacey. Yes, she knew what she was getting into but I don't believe she realised she would fall so deeply in love with him. So while I had my frustrations with the story itself the ending saved it for me.
Harlequin Books
"Carr’s desert romance, set in her fictional Middle Eastern sultanate, rings true. Her bold American heroine and complicated royal hero are made for one another, but ill fated. Insurmountable challenges keep the tale fresh, tense and heart-wrenching and give the lovemaking a momentous feel" (RT Book Reviews, 4 stars).

Miniseries: Royal & Ruthless
Jennifer Mcpherson
Jul 28, 2015 rated it did not like it
One of the worst book written. 1/2 star waste of paper And ink..
Jacqueline Rotikan
too many conversations round and round....It is not my favorite novel. I hate women with no dignity...all argument ended with sex....yuck
Anita Rupe-Peters
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended. I usually do not go for this kind of book, but I enjoyed every minute reading this one.
Más libros para Latinoamérica!! 1 1 Apr 15, 2017 05:31PM

• The Sicilian's Defiant Mistress
  • Captured by the Sheikh (Rivals to the Crown of Kadar #1)
  • Response
  • GRINGA - In the Clutches of a Ruthless Drug Lord (#1)
  • Stella and Dane: A Honky Tonk Romance
  • Christmas at the Cove (Templeton Cove, #4)
  • The University of Edward Masen
  • Journey in Time
  • Burning Obsession
  • Bought for Revenge, Bedded for Pleasure
  • Key to Love
  • His Sugar Baby
  • And Something Blue (Main Street Merchants #1)
  • Carrying the Sheikh's Heir  (Heirs to the Throne of Kyr #2)
  • Torn Together
  • An Amish Christmas Quilt (Seasons of the Heart #4.5)
  • To Claim His Heir by Christmas
  • A Throne for the Taking
Readers throughout the world find Susanna Carr's award-winning contemporary romances a delightful escape that has often helped them through difficult times. Reviewers frequently describe her work as "fun", "sexy" and a "must read".

Susanna Carr lives in the Pacific Northwest with her family. When she isn’t writing, Susanna enjoys reading romance and connecting with readers online. Visit her websit

Royal and Ruthless (8 books)
  • Innocent Mistress, Royal Wife (Royal and Ruthless, #1)
  • Veretti's Dark Vengeance (Presents Extra)
  • The Ruthless Greek's Virgin Princess