Start by marking “Midnight: A McKenna Chronicle” as Want to Read:
Midnight: A McKenna Chronicle

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Midnight: A McKenna Chronicle (McKenna Chronicles #1)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  636 Ratings  ·  92 Reviews
I fell willingly into his bed, stolen moments of passion so intense they blurred the lines of responsibility and reason. The passion we’ve unlocked could be the key to our salvation or the path to damnation. This is my story, my fall into love and fear that it could end in a heartbeat...

One destined meeting. It alters journalist, Charlise "Charlie" Carter’s course. When a
Published March 4th 2014 by Elizabeth Miller

To ask other readers questions about Midnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight

Heather Panty dropping Book Blog
WOW what an amazing story. At first when I read about this I was scared being clueless when it comes to politics. I am so happy I read it!! This was truly amazing and not what you would think. It was so intense and GREAT. Colin and Charlie.. just perfect. I could not find anything I didn't like about these two. I loved everything about this story and can not wait for more. HOT HOT HOT!!
Nic *The Wandering Bookaholic* Spears
** review for BareNakedWords **

I Love this story.

‘Midnight’ is the debut novel for Author Elizabeth Miller, and I’ve got to hand it to her, she has done an amazing job with it.
At first I was a bit dubious about reading this. I am not at all in to politics, and don’t understand anything to with it. But, you soon forget that politics is involved at all.

The preface drags you in, and intrigues you. I became hooked and ended up staying up all night in order to finish it.

When Charlie Carter is offered
Amy Beth
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Holy Cow!!!

Wow this book is amazing.

Story is intriguing and captivating at the same time.

Colin McKenna is the H.O.T state senator going state to state gavering votes to be a president candidate.

Charlie Carter is hired as the social media coordinator for the campaign.

Both are damaged and are two broken halves but when they both fall into the sexual desire they have for one and another will the two halves become one?

Throughout the story your emotionally connected to the characters, learning ab
Malene_D *BadAndDirtyBooks*
Thank you Elizabeth Miller. I absolutely loved this book and these two characters - Charlie and Colin. Strong and flawed are just my thing and you write beautifully. I was captured from the first page and couldn't stop. I look forward to the continuation of Charlie and Colin's journey.
Sarah-Jane
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Ever heard the saying 'Don't judge a book by its cover'? Yeah? Me too but I didn't judge the book by its cover I judged it by the blurb! Well in actual fact I signed up without reading the blurb and truthfully? Best thing I could have done!!! I bloody loved Colin & Charlie.

Charlie is independent journalist.
Colin is a senator running for presidency.
Colin wants Charlie to run his campaign, to be on his team.

Colin doesn't have a heart to give, Charlie doe
Christie72
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***I was given a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.***

What a great book by Elizabeth Miller. I was intrigued from the synopsis when I read it, and it didn’t disappoint me at all! Charlie has landed a dream job of following Republican senator Colin McKenna around the country chronicling his campaign bid for the U.S. Presidency. From their first meeting, sparks or should I say fireworks, fly. They try their best to stay away from each other, but they can’t fight it any longer and g
Katie(babs)
I thought Midnight (McKenna Chronicles #1) by Elizabeth Miller would be a sexy political romance between the hero, a Republican Senator running for President of the US, and a more liberal thinking journalist, who initially knocks heads with the Senator, but then falls for him in a blink of an eye. The first few chapters grab you. Colin is very engaging and appealing when he first appears on the page. Charlie is very spunky and speaks her mind. She doesn’t understand why she was chosen to follow ...more
Debi Barnes- Mean Girls Luv Books
I absolute LOVE this debut novel by Elizabeth Miller. This book had it all for me. It had love, intelligence, slight humor and hot sex. The writing was great too! The author took the time to give us amazing descriptions of the characters and the places they went. It made it easy to come apart of the story.
The Preface was WOW and drew me right into the story and I didn’t want to put it down. Charlie is a journalist with a secret she wants keep that way. Colin is a young presidential hopeful look
Sheryl
Oct 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was gifted this book for an honest review by author Elizabeth Miller. This is book 1 of the McKenna Chronicles series by the author.

Colin McKenna is a powerful, self confident and commanding man who is in the political game with the presidential bid as the prize. He needs to connect with his constituents so he hires writer Charlie Carter. Charlie Carter had no idea when she said yes to Colin McKenna that it would involve more then just writing.

I have to say that I am not into political books b
Beth
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book!

I love this book!

I was immediately captured by Colin and Charlie's story. Their instant attraction was amazing. A presidential hopeful made for a very sexy leading man. Their passion was evident every time they were near each other. I can absolutely not wait for the next book. Great story and characters.
Rach Lawrence
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
*Warning: This review contains some spoilers which are not hidden*

Charlise “Charlie” Carter is a freelance journalist looking for a new job when one seemingly falls in her lap. She is asked to chronicle the journey of Republican presidential hopeful Colin McKenna in his quest for the White House. However her instant attraction to the man—and his to her—could be a problem for his candidacy.

Colin tries to stay away from Charlie, but when he finally succumbs, he tells her he has no heart to give. H
Bookworm Betties
“You're in my blood, in the air I breathe, Charlie.”

★✩★✩★ 5- Secrets, Lies, and Passion -Stars ★✩★✩★

~this review may contain minor spoilers~

“If you agree to work with me, Charlie, I would like for you to enter into our agreement knowing little about me or my campaign. Base your perspective on what you learn firsthand. Can you promise me you'll forgo any research from this moment forward?”

Charlie Carter is a freelance reporter hired to work the campaign trail for presidential hopeful Colin McKenn
DawnMarie  Carpintero
5 Slow and Sensual Stars

I was given this book for my honest review.

A Chinese puzzle box is a complex, complicated puzzle that we are willing to try at least once in our lives. Intricate moves in a sequence that must be completed in the exact order to get to the wonderment inside. As we move these pieces we can relate these moves to an outcome of success in our lives. Our first job, our first relationship, our first love, and the first time we took a leap of faith within ourselves. The wonderful
Sassy Southern Book Affair
I absolutely loved Midnight by Elizabeth Miller. Go ahead and add to you "To Read" list because you don't want to miss this amazing love story of Colin and Charlie.

Colin McKenna is a young Senator from Indiana pursuing Republican nomination for the upcoming presidential election. Charlie's first encounter with Senator McKenna, she described him as "implausible dream...absolutely gorgeous. Tall and solidly built, confident and assured with a strong gait." He was elegant, perfect, captivating. He
Sarah Reads "Reading in Sarah's Corner"
Wow! I absolutely loved this book! Hot! Intense! Mysterious! Author Elizabeth Miller pulled out all the stops with her first Novel in the McKenna Cornicles. I am hooked and need my next dose of Charlie and Colin like a drug addict.

From the moment, I started reading this book I knew I would devour this book in no time! It pulls you in that very first page and has you needing more each page you turn. The mystery behind Colin and Charlie’s pasts drove me mad. I wanted to know what they were hiding.
Caroline F
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh My God! This book! What a compelling debut! It’s left me on such a heartbreaking cliffhanger! I seriously need the sequel….like, now!!!

Charlie and Colin are two broken people, who have an instant, electric and undeniable connection.

Colin is a widower but he dislikes talking about his late wife – there’s a mystery here and a few questions that I need answers to! He is absolutely gorgeous, minted and charismatic - running for president and is absolutely drawn to Charlie (even though he tries t
Melody
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow this book is amazing.

Story is intriguing and captivating at the same time.

Ms. Miller brings us a wonderful story about Charlise (Charlie) Carter and Sentator Colin McKenna.

Colin is stomping the country attempting to get votes to become the Republican Candidate for President. Charlie is hired for his campaign staff as a social media coordinator. Both have something sordid in their past and are a bit broken. But, magnetism for each other is breathtaking, both for them and for the reader!

Ch
Elizabeth Miller
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Journalist Charlise "Charlie" Carter is asked to work on a Republican candidate's social media campaign for the upcoming presidential election. With little interest in politics, Charlie isn't familiar with the candidate and is shocked to find he's young, intense and sexy. From their first encounter she's unprepared for the intense physical reaction she has toward the presidential hopeful, thirty-six year old Colin McKenna.

Prioritizing his career, Colin suppresses his desire for Charlie until he
Morgan Mitchell
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing is the word for this book. I was sucked in immediately by the circumstances surrounding these characters. When journalist Charlise Carter (Charlie), who knows nothing of politics, besides she doesn't trust politicians is asked to travel on the campaign trail with HOT Republican Presidential nominee, Colin McKenna, I expected a steamy, secretive love affair but there's is so much more that kept me reading. The mystery that surrounds these two, their pasts coming into play gives this st ...more
Wendy
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!
I bought the Pulse Point collection thinking they were all stand alone novels (and mostly because there was a series I'm interested in by one of the other authors and it was a good deal) Anyway, so Extremely glad I did or I may not have found this wonderful, exciting, captivating, intriguing and totally SEXY book. I could not put it down. The characters are interesting, the plot twisting and the writing is FANTASTIC...puts me right there, I picture entire scenes in my minds e
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
Wow. I am amazed that this was a debut book!!! I have no words to describe how much I liked this.
It had everything. Passion, twists...everything.
The two protagonists...Ahhh! Charlie & Colin are amazing. The journalist and the handsome senator. The writing style was very eloquent, the development gradual but fantastic! This book was a real page turner. Just read it!
I cannot wait to get my hands on the second book!

5 Stars from me.

*I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.*
Irishlass99
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. The characters are rich and complex. The emotional tone of the book connects you to each character. And let's face it- Colin is sexy. He sucks you into his emotional turmoil and you love watching him thaw. Charlie is feisty yet vulnerable. She makes mistakes but puts herself on the line for love. There are secondary characters you want to know more about (specifically Evan) and seceral mysteries you want the answers to. I read it in one sitting!! Highly recommend and can't wai ...more
N Naquin
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this novel and it has been a long time since I've really been drawn into a story as I was with this one. I can't wait for the next book. Thank you Elizabeth for getting me out of my romance novel slump. I was not disappointed! So happy I picked up this book.
Hengy Etebar
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Midnight

So so good and I cannot wait to read book ne'er 2. Thank you Elizabeth for an awesome work.

New huge fan - Hengy
Mette
I was really pleasant surprised by this really well-written and HOT story/book.
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

“Politics is not my strong suit; in fact, I hold a high level of disdain for it, and maybe more so for politicians. My simple philosophy categorizes the whole system just above the criminal clientele inhabiting the State penitentiary.”

“Damn heart. I need a new one; this one is defective. It keeps breaking into pieces each time I see him or hear his voice.”

“’Charlie,’ he breathes into the silence, my name a prayer on his lips.”

“We come from very different worlds. You’re Ivy League
Roz Ward
Jun 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my holy Jesus! This is seriously intense and captivating as well as heart-breakingly amazing! I went into this blind and it was surprise after surprise.
I really like Charlie. Even though she's had a hard time growing up, she isn't afraid to be honest and open, she puts her all into everything and she's a strong female lead which is rather refreshing.
Colin...he's sexy (asides from his name) and I loved getting to know more of him even though I felt he was holding a lot back.
I'm intrigued by Al
Kathryn
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
This book is a solid 4.5 stars. The author is new to me, and I can't wait to read more from her.

I wasn't sure how I would like a political story. Seriously, my momma always said to never discuss politics or religion. ;-) But I have to hand it to Elizabeth. You really kinda forget politics are involved. You lose yourself in the sweet romance, among other things. And Colin???? ***sigh***
Christine
DNF at 35%

I was exciting to read this but could not continue. The writing did not grab me and I am not in the mood for a hero who pines after dead wife. It just did not work for me, but may work for you.
Neisha
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
READ THIS BOOK

*cliffhanger*
  • Military Romance Novels Boxed Set
  • My Lady, The Spy (Brethren of the Coast, #2)
  • The Billionaire's Christmas Bargain (Billionaires in Bondage #3)
  • Trust: Betrayed (Trust Trilogy, #2)
  • Bundle 1: Taken / Pursuit / Flight (The Alpha’s Captive, #1-3)
  • Let's Misbehave (Summerhill, #3)
  • Stone Devil Duke (Hold Your Breath, #1)
  • Depression is a Liar
  • The PA's Revenge (The Mackenzies, #2)
  • Lost in Italy
  • Captive Seduction (Seduction Series, #2)
  • Forever After (Montana Brides, #3)
  • The Running Game (Reachers, #1)
  • Seduced by the Senator (Dirty Little Secrets, #1)
  • The Plume: The Second Anthology
  • Among a Thousand Stars
  • Layers Trilogy Box Set (Layers Trilogy #0.5-3)
  • Her Summer with the Marine (The Donovan Brothers, #1)

McKenna Chronicles (3 books)
  • Midnight Sky (McKenna Chronicles, #2)
  • Midnight Sun (McKenna Chronicles, #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • A Desperate Fortune
    $16.99 $2.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“I grip Colin harder, kissing him longer, unwilling to let him go. This is what I want; this is what I’ve wanted since his damn phone interrupted us this morning, his mouth, his body claiming mine. I’m on fire, every muscle in my body attuned to his, my groin clenching with delicious need. When the voices grow louder his hold loosens.
“Don’t stop, please,” I beg into his mouth. Diving into me once more his tongue slays me, erases every thought of the outside world until the passion has left us breathless and we have to break away if only to live. His forehead presses to mine as we gasp together, the cold air barely cooling the heat raging between us.
-Midnight, A McKenna Chronicle”
1 likes