Start by marking “Games Divas Play (A Diva Mystery Novel)” as Want to Read:
Games Divas Play (A Diva Mystery Novel)

Games Divas Play (A Diva Mystery Novel)

An erotic thriller that asks the question, How Far Would You go to Stay on Top?

MEET NIA: When this celebrity journalist learns her best friend Vanessa is in danger she rekindles a passionate affair with a dangerous former lover. "I can't resist his lips, his touch, his body. But he's the only one that can help my friend stay alive."

MEET LAILA: From kinky threesomes to sedu
Published July 29th 2014 by Thomas & Mercer (first published June 24th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Games Divas Play, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Games Divas Play

Adam
Jul 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from a good reads giveaway I really enjoyed this book it was hilarious fast paced had a lot of mystery it's about Vanessa she is married to a basketball star her best friend that is a blogger and editor of a magazine and Vanessa's husband mistress this store gets tangled up with a lot of drama murder and mystery the only reason I didn't give this 5 stars it's because I feel like it over explained situations or at times the story told stuff that had already been said previous ...more
Reading in Black & White
"Slipping the gun out of my pocket, I stood at the foot of the bed and raised it level with his broad muscled back. And then I pulled the trigger. After all, promises were made."

Whew, talk about a prologue and setting the scene! Who has the gun? Who did they shoot? My mind was already in overdrive and the book had not even really started yet. I thought what a promising beginning.

From time to time, I like to watch some of those ridiculous reality shows so this book seemed like an great escape fo
Stacia McFadden
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book
I actually wanted to rate this book a 3.5, but the fact that I couldn't "turn it off" (I downloaded the audio book), I gave it a 4. While I do not consider this great literature, the prologue had me intrigued from the beginning and the plot kept me interested. There were parts of the story that contained way too many details, hence dragging the book along. I started to rethink my decision to listen when I saw it was over 11 hours. Thank goodness, I had a long car trip to listen to the majority o ...more
Liza
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Won this book in a goodreads giveaway.

So ummmm, I don't really know how to feel about this book.

This is the kind of book I do not read. It has character types I do not like. It's like a shallow high school drama book with adults and murder.

Yeah, in case you did not get it, I do not read stuff like this. It's very sexual on many levels with characters getting their groove on with various other characters. I did not connect to any of the characters, having found issues with every single one of the
Krysten
Jul 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To be honest, I was sure I wasn't going to like this book. It seemed a little Tyler Perry to me, and I hate pretty much everything that man does.

Luckily, this book as a lot going for it. Interesting characters, a fun story, and a mystery that you keep turning pages to find out the ending to. The book jumps between the points of view of three different women, and it was pretty interesting to see the story from their different eyes. It also helped to keep me guessing about the mystery but didn't r
Tracy
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. This author is one to watch cause she is just getting started and I can't wait for the next installment. The characters were real and OMG the drama. I didn't want the book to end!! If you like a little mystery, a little romance, and a whole lot of drama and laugh out loud moments then this one is for you.
Melissa
Jul 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

Loved this story and it was a great start to a series. I was engrossed from the beginning and can't wait for another book to come out. The storyline was fast paced and easy to follow. The author has a unique voice. This is a book that I would definitely recommend to anyone!
Samyuktha Ell
Each chapter of the book is dedicated to separate characters. All strong female characters. That made it a decent enough read. There are some unexpected plot twists that make the reading smooth for the greater part.
Rena
Nov 25, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The plot of the story was good. The only thing that kept interrupting the flow of the book for me was the constant mentioning of name brands when describing clothes, shoes, etc. I liked that the characters were successful and smart. I'll probably read the next book in the series as well.
Monique
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Nice work

I like to divide New authors to read and I found Ms. Angela Burt-Murray. Games Divas Play was a real page turner. Excellent story line, but there were some errors nothing major. READ THE BOOK.
Tara Henderson
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great details, realism. love how she explained everything but didn't keep us caught up in the backstory
Toni
Aug 20, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, mystery, romance
I would give this 3.5 stars. Too many designer name shout outs prevented a 4 rating. My personal pet peeve...
Rashad
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was cool book. It started off a little slow but picked up in the middle.
Mommommy
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a good read

I was skeptical at first but I couldn’t put the book down after the first chapter. This book combines my favorite genres psychological thriller, urban fiction, and crime. It’s a crossover between a Zane, James Patterson novels.
Zendre Bell
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review for Games Divas Play

This was a very good book, I did not want to put it down. Very excited for the show on BET.
Shon Chewning
Jun 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Edgey

This book was amazing. The storyline was edgey and the characters where great. This really shows you how being in love can really do things to you. Thanks
Ashley
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
I listened to this book in anticipation for the show. It was good. I feel like every got what the deserved when it was all said and done ...with the exception of Marcus.
Bookphile

This is a dishy book that's often fun to read, but it has some problematic elements. More complete review to come.

Full review:

This book was a little outside of my wheelhouse. I'm an avid mystery and suspense reader, but I don't tend to like mystery or suspense book with strong romantic elements. This one definitely has strong romantic elements, but I enjoyed it more than I might have thought. It's fast-paced and has a voyeuristic appeal, offering a birds-eye view into a soap operatic wo
Alex Kinley

**I received this ARC from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review**

Games Divas Play was written in first person from the perspective of journalist, Nia, basketball wife, Vanessa, and urban model, Laila. Nia and Vanessa are best friends. Their friendship is kind of the driving force within the novel and it’s very endearing. Laila is a model who is having an affair with Vanessa’s husband, professional basketball player, Marcus.

Nia, who I was thinking could have possibly been named after the
Diane Coto
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Games Divas Play focuses on three ambitious ‘divas’ that are connected to each other as follows. Nia Bullock becomes the editor-in-chief for DivaDish magazine and website. Her best friend, Vanessa King, is married to Marcus, an NBA superstar for the New York Gladiators. Then there’s Laila James, the self-proclaimed ‘Golden Goddess’ who is in an affair with Marcus. Nia is connected to Laila in that she eventually needs to follow and promote Laila’s new reality TV show, Whatever Laila Wants. That ...more
Lathanette
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent excellent mystery action romance murder all in one

This book was nothing like I thought it was going to be. Omg! A sure page turner. Everything you can and can't imagine happens in this book. I can't wait to read Capitol Diva. This is a must read.
The Charmer: Lets Talk About Books
Aug 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone needing some juiciness.
This was goooood!!! It had me talking all kinds of shit out loud. I needed some juiciness and this book did not disappoint. But that "road code" is a hell to the no.
A. Jones
Great web; I didn't figure it all out, until near the end. It would have gotten 4 stars instead of 3, but I found the beginning a little tedious.
Tazzyt2bossye
Sep 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.48
Tina
Jul 31, 2014 marked it as to-read
How do you read these book on her.. Help
RoShelle Hemby
Dec 27, 2017
Nadine
Sep 30, 2018
Danielle
rated it did not like it
Jul 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Midnight Moonrising  (Moonrising, #1)
  • Another Man Will
  • The Syndicate 2
  • Immortal (Immortal, #1)
  • The Baine Chronicles Series, Books 1-3: Burned by Magic, Bound by Magic, Hunted by Magic
  • The Book of Obeah
  • Lipstick Hustla
  • Scented
  • Lights Out Lucy: Roller Derby 101 (Music City Rollers, #1)
  • Lessons From A Younger Lover
  • Confessions
  • Good Girl, Bad Girl
  • Fatal Hearts
  • Feeding the Dragon
  • Secret Obsession
  • Shaman, Healer, Heretic (Olivia Lawson, Techno-Shaman, #1)
  • The Other Side of the Pillow
  • Blues Dancing
Angela Burt-Murray is deputy editor at Glamour magazine and cofounder of CocoaFab.com. She previously served as editor-in-chief of Essence magazine and her previous novel The Vow, which she wrote with Denene Millner and Mitzi Miller, was made into the Lifetime movie "With this Ring" starring Jill Scott, Gabrielle Union, Regina Hall and Eve. She also co-authored The Angry Black Woman's Guide to Lif ...more
“The best part of my new job was finally running my own show and no longer having to answer to people like [Chris Kimsington].” 0 likes