Start by marking “The Growing Season (Secrets of Neverwood, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Growing Season (Secrets of Neverwood, #2)

The Growing Season

(Secrets of Neverwood #2)

The four years since Danny Redmond left Neverwood have been heartbreaking, and past mistakes continue to haunt him, even after he returns home.Together with two foster brothers he barely knows, they plan to turn the house into a welcoming place for runaways once again—the dying wish of their foster mother, Audrey.

Danny has nothing to contribute to the restoration of the
Published June 30th 2014 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about The Growing Season, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Growing Season

Start your review of The Growing Season (Secrets of Neverwood, #2)
Renée
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: low-steam, mm-romance
Well, this was my second Diana Copland book, and I'll say I am officially a fan. This was a really well-written story.

This series is about three foster brothers who come together to restore the property where they each spent their childhood after their foster mother passes away. Each book (each brother's story) is written by a different author. So this is Book 2 of the series, but it's the only one written by Ms. Copland, and the only one I plan to read. And, yes, it works just fine as a standa
Catherine
A part of me wishes there had been gooey declarations of love at the end of the story, but most of me realizes that while Danny and Sam just weren't there yet, it felt inevitable that they would be one day - and that was a lovely feeling to be left with.
Ele
Oct 05, 2016 rated it liked it
***3.5***
Cindi
Note that this is the actual 2nd story in the anthology, though the others are listed incorrectly on Goodreads. If you want to read the Neverwood stories in order, start with One Door Closes.

Full review of all three stories in the Secrets of Neverwood anthology can be found at -

photo Potential-OTDU-Banner-9-Smaller2_zpsf0878d67.png

In The Growing Season we have Danny's story. Danny is one of three former foster brothers to inherit Neverwood, the large hom
Kathy
Jun 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.
The Secrets of Neverwood anthology continues in Diana Copland's The Growing Season. Daniel "Danny" Redmond is the youngest of the foster brothers and he left Neverwood four years earlier and found nothing but heartache when he was betrayed by the man he thought he loved. Deeply saddened by Audrey's death, Danny feels closest to her when working in the gardens they both loved and his role in the renovations is restoring the grounds to its former beauty.

Danny's relationship/>The
Donna
Jun 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, love-bytes, anthology
Neverwood is a rambling, much loved old house that was once home to gay teens who had nowhere else to go. It was ruled over by the firm but loving figure of Audrey, who, upon her death, deeded the property to three of her former children. These three are the men Audrey trusts to return Neverwood to what it once was and to continue her work helping teenagers in trouble.

Danny is the youngest of the three brothers. He suffers from an absolute lack of self-confidence, which he covers by
Tiffany Michele (BookAndCoffeeAddict)
Secrets of Neverwood is a three book trilogy with each book following one of three foster brothers: Calvin, Danny, and Devon. The brothers, who vaguely remember and feel no brotherly love towards each other, come back to their old home when their foster mother Audrey dies, leaving her run-down family home, once a grand Victorian estate, to the three. The men run afoul of a deceptive developer who will do anything to get his hands on Neverwood and must learn to work together, trusting and opening ...more
Susan65
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Poor Danny. He came off as such a little prick at the beginning of this story, so it was a bit hard to feel sorry for him with his smart mouth and piss poor attitude. But that didn’t last long at all. He was hating enough on himself that he really didn’t need it from anyone else. His brothers were the masters of patience with him. They accepted him, cared about him, and were there for him whenever, or if ever, he decided he could trust enough to tell them his history. They knew it was bad from h ...more
Sandra
Nov 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
lettura molto intensa e coinvolgente,già il primo mi era piaciuto molto ma questo di più. non vedo l'ora di leggere il libro sul terzo fratello che,giustamente,l'autrice ha lasciato per ultimo essendo il più intrigante.
Monika

Ohhh yeah! That was......beautiful! I wish Danny and Sam's story was longer, I'm not ready to let them go!
Cinzia
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stelle

Non vedevo l’ora di poter leggere la storia di Danny, che tra i protagonisti di questa trilogia era senz’altro quello che mi aveva colpito di più.
Le storie di Calvin, Danny e Devon sono scritte da autori diversi, ma ad essere onesta, l’atmosfera che ho ritrovato in questo racconto mi ha fatto tornare indietro allo stesso punto in cui avevo lasciato la storia di Calvin, senza soluzione di continuo.
Il libro inizia anche in questo caso con una lettera scritta da Au
Shirley
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received The Growing Season in exchange for a fair and honest review.

4 1/2.... probably closer to a 5 .... Danny just about broke me. *sigh*

The first book that I read by Diana Copland was A Reason to Believe. As a matter of fact, that book marks my very first M/M Romance. It made me fall in love with the genre and want to read more. Needless to say I wasn’t surprised when Danny’s story in the Secrets of Neverwood anthology pulled me even further into the Neverwood story.

Danny
Vanessa theJeepDiva
May 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Audrey the matron of Neverwood called three of her boys home upon her death. Her home in Elk Ridge, Washington has served as a home for gay and questioning boys. She gave her boys a place where they could grow comfortably into good men. She provided them the sanctuary they needed to develop into who they were meant to be. Now she wishes for three of her sons to bring Neverwood back to its former glory and to continue her work.
Danny is the youngest of the three. He has quite the chip on his
Christi Snow
Jun 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My Rating: A
My Review:

Angst, I love it and Danny absolutely has it in spades, but he's earned it...the hard way. Danny is the youngest of the three brothers. He also had a little bit different background than most the kids that went through the house, coming from a privileged background. So he truly didn't appreciate what he had in the house until it was gone. Danny ran away with his lover when he was only 17. That didn't work out so well for him and he ended up starving on the
Shirley Frances
Jun 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Danny Redmond is the youngest of the foster brothers and the one with the most troubling past. Although he doesn't have much, he vows to restore Neverwood's garden to the way Aubrey had it when he lived there. But the state of the place needs more than one hand on deck, so Will (the contractor and Calvin's boyfriend) recommends help from a reputable landscaper.

Sam has made a name for himself as a landscaper away from the town he grew up in. But when he is called back to spend time with his dyin
Brandilyn
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm, read-2014
4.5*

So after reading One Door Closes, I had to take a few days off before delving into the second story in the Secrets of Neverwood anthology. The Growing Season by Diana Copland focuses on the youngest of the brothers, Danny. We know from the first installment that he has a bit of a troubled past.

Danny needs to be loved. Like many of the kids who have spent time in Neverwood, he was abandoned by everyone who was supposed to love him. But for him it started shortly after
Becky Condit
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I actually read Book Two of the Secrets of Neverwood trilogy first and rather than spoiling anything by reading out of order it made me so excited to have the opportunity to read the other two books. Diana Copland’s stories are always a thrill to read. The Growing Season is Danny’s tale and here we get to see Audrey become more observable. Danny is able to hear Audrey speak to him, advise him, and support him, which is what he needs since he came back to Neverwood a somewhat broken man. His cont ...more
Tracy
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is the second of the Neverwood Trilogy and I am hooked. The three brothers are bonding yet know the path ahead is not going to be easy! I hate giving the story away especially as the other reviews say it all.

This book starts with the letter Audrey sent to Danny and again my emotions were all over the place! This book had me on the edge of my seat throughout and I ended up reading it in one sitting!

I am thoroughly enjoying this series and can not recommend it highly enough!
jules0623
3.5 stars. This was much better than the first in the series. While Danny's issues were just as gutting as Cal's from Book 1, the writing didn't feel as heavy and oppressive. Much easier to read and to relate to Danny and the chemistry between him and Sam was there from the first glance. The pacing was much more even as well.
Helen Shaw
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
The scene with Danny and Sam and Sam's dad was so clumsy and awkward in the context of the story. I get the purpose it served for resolution later in the book, but it was (IMHO) really strange to have Danny in that scene.
Love Bytes Reviews
This book was reviewed by Love Bytes Reviews!
Secretly Reading
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Favorite of this series as I loved mouthy Danny and his unique way of caring for rugged Sam.
Angie
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This one had me blubbering like a little baby.. I hate crying but I really liked this book.
Federica Lemme
Aug 17, 2017
Mpc
Sep 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Diana Copland began writing in the seventh grade, when she shamelessly combined elements of Jane Eyre and Dark Shadows to produce an overwrought gothic tale that earned her an A- in creative writing, thanks entirely to the generosity of her teacher. She wrote for pure enjoyment for the next three decades before discovering LiveJournal and a wonderful group of supportive fanfiction writers, who aft ...more

Secrets of Neverwood (4 books)
  • One Door Closes (Secrets of Neverwood, #1)
  • The Lost Year (Secrets of Neverwood, #3)
  • Secrets of Neverwood