Start by marking “Burnout (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #5)” as Want to Read:
Burnout (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #5)

Burnout

(Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou Mystery #5)

It's November in Pecan Bayou, Texas and while the town is getting ready for the Thanksgiving holiday a deadly fire breaks out at the newspaper office. When Rocky, the editor is nowhere to be found, Betsy refuses to believe he has perished in the fire. The entire town is coming down with the stomach flu and Betsy must deal with her husband's new found celebrity as an on-air ...more
Published March 2014 by Create Space (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Burnout, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burnout

Start your review of Burnout (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #5)
Traci Andrighetti
In this fifth installment of the Pecan Bayou Mystery Series, Thanksgiving is just around the corner when Betsy Fitzpatrick, a.k.a. “The Happy Hinter,” sees her newspaper column literally go up in smoke. Someone deliberately burned down The Pecan Bayou Gazette building, quite possibly with her boss, Rocky Whitson, still in it. Against the wishes of her new husband, Leo, Betsy is determined to figure out who may have killed Rocky. But her investigation is hampered by a list of suspects as long as ...more
Betty
Apr 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
A cozy mystery to read to relax next to a fire on a stormy day or near a river on a hot summer day. Betty is finding married life has problems as Tyler and Zack are not settling into the new life well. Flu is rapid in the town and she has it. Leo is doing weather reports on TV and is too busy for much help. The Pecan Bayou Gazette building has burn and Rocky is missing. The ending is different and a surprise.
Rhonda
Apr 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 STARS

I have liked the two books of Pecan Bayou that I have read. It is a cozy mystery with characters I find interesting and sometimes funny.

Betsy now married mother of two teenagers. It is a big change for the newly blended family. She writes a newspaper column Helpful Hints. She also gets involved solving murder mysteries.

Leo is a weatherman and has been asked to fill in for a sick tv weatherman Hurricane Hal. He had one son now another one. Leo is working two job
Andrea Guy
Burnout is the next book in the Pecan Bayou series. I fell in love with Teresa Trent's series awhile back and I wasn't disappointed in the latest offering.

There's a lot of fun in this quick cozy read. A missing member of her newspaper staff,who may or may or have died in a fire, and her new hubby getting some attention from a co worker make for some fun reading.

What makes this book so good, is really Betsy and her family. There's so much going on with her kids and her hus
Melissa
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy books written in a small town perspective, you really get to know the town's characters. When a fire breaks out at the newspaper office, and the editor, Rocky cant be found, Betsy is really worried about him. She writes a series for the small town paper called "Helpful Hints" and is friends with the editor. Without giving too much of the story away, Betsy sets out to try and find out what happened to him.
Meanwhile, her Husband is getting alot of attention from a co-worker, a
Terri
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Teresa Trent has done it again! Amazing!

If you like mystery, suspense, drama and comedy all rolled into one, you will love this book. The main character, Betsy, is always finding trouble or maybe it finds her! Fast read, holds your interest from start to finish. Ready to start the 6th one!
Georgiann Hennelly
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book i have read by this author. A cozy mystery. Betty is finding married life has problems. Tyler and Zack are not settling well into this new life. She has the flu as does most of the town.Leo is to busy doing the weather reports on t.v so he isn't much help. The Pecan Bayou Gazette burns down and Rocky a member of the staff is missing. Did he die in the fire? A very unique mystery story with some family drama and secrets. I look forward to reading more books by this author
Jeri
May 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
Good, but...

This book was good but there were so many errors that is was very distracting at times. Usually I can ignore a few minor spelling and grammatical errors but this book needs to be edited again for sure. Other than that, it was a good story.
Bianca
Jun 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
I won this book on Goodreads. It was a good book and I would recommend to any reader that likes cozy mysteries. I can't say I am in love with this book, but I would sure give this writer another look on the next book.
InD'tale Magazine
A fun new mystery has arrived as the fifth book in the “Pecan Bayou Mystery Series”.

Read full review in the 2014 October issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Beth Yeary
Thanks to Barnes and Noble's e books, I read this amusing story. It's one in a series that takes place in Pine Cove. I may try to get the rest of the series, as they are a quick and easy read.
Nancy
Apr 29, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
199 pp c2014
Colin
May 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed

Good reading lots of twists and turns interestingly I had a hard time putting it down. look forward to reading more from this author.

Marilyn
Apr 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great

Great

this book was a mystery that was about newspapers and relationships.the amount of problems that people have with relationships and families
Sep 05, 2014 added it
Read my review in the October release of InD'Tale's magazine. http://indtale.com/
Glenda
Jun 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good cozy read.
Judy Ramsey
Aug 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book easy and captivating

very fast pace and draws you in to keep reading. unexpected ending easy to follow all the characters and exciting
Burke Hodgson
Aug 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, recently-read
Fun book. I quite enjoyed it. Recommended to fans of the Goldie books.
Jan
Feb 28, 2015
Sher Moore
Sep 03, 2015
Teresa
Mar 24, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Paula Ratcliffe
BookishDreamer
Thomas
Nikki
« previous 1 3 next »
Teresa Trent writes hilarious cozy mysteries that take place in the small towns of Texas. She was first inspired to create Pecan Bayou after visiting the Texas Hill Country to view the millions of springtime flowers alongside the roads and highways.
Teresa also writes the Piney Woods Series with Camel Press and debuted the first book in the series January 2018.
Teresa also features other cozy auth

Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou Mystery (7 books)
  • A Dash of Murder (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #1)
  • Overdue for Murder (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #2)
  • Doggone Dead (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #3)
  • Buzzkill (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #4)
  • Murder for a Rainy Day (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #6)
  • Till Dirt Do Us Part (Pecan Bayou Book 7)