Start by marking “Ruby Reinvented” as Want to Read:
Ruby Reinvented

Ruby Reinvented

The story is about a girl who, desperate to live a normal life after growing up the daughter of famous parents, transfers to a Maine boarding school, only to find her lies about her background drawing her into ever-deeper trouble.
Published 2015 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about Ruby Reinvented, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ruby Reinvented

Melanie
Apr 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm always talking with moms who are looking for books for their tween-aged girls, 10 through 13, with topics that will interest them but not be TOO heavy in adult themes. RUBY REINVENTED is a perfect read for these readers.

Ruby is a girl who's desperate to live a normal life after growing up the daughter of famous parents. Chasing this goal, Ruby transfers to a Maine boarding school but doesn't tell the truth about who she is, only to find her lies about her background drawing her into ever-dee
Abby Cooper
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I had a chance to read an ARC of RUBY and I absolutely loved it! I read it in a couple hours because I had to know how everything was going to unfold. This is a page turner right until the very end. This book truly has everything - laugh out loud humor, a ton of heart, and a main character you'll root for as she tries to navigate her way out of a sticky situation. Can't wait to go buy a copy next week!
Jean
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mg-fiction
RUBY REINVENTED will publish in 2015. Squeee!

It's not easy when your parents are two of the most famous people on the planet. But when Ruby decides to reinvent herself by leaving Beverly Hills for a boarding school in Maine, life can still get pretty complicated.

I read an early draft of this book and it is as charming as the Maine countryside. Ronni writes dialogue like no one's business. Young readers will fall in love with Ruby.
I anticipated fluff and while it definitely has elements of fluff, the character Ruby has far more depth and insight than I would have expected. Although the description reads like the scenario on the set of a Disney television series, Ruby Reinvented is pleasant and surprisingly well written.
Brooklyn
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read this BOOK!
Ms. Yingling
Sep 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Ruby's mother is a supermodel in California, and her father is a famous baseball player. They are loving and supportive, but very busy! When Ruby overhears her best friend talking to a classmate, she's upset and disappointed-- the girl only was pretending to be her best friend in order to meet her parents. Ruby decides that the only recourse is to go to a boarding school... in Maine! Her parents reluctantly agree, and send her to look the place over, accompanied by family retainer Ellie. Even th
Laurie
Apr 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book has been sitting in the number 1 spot on my "to read" list on Goodreads for forever. I'm so happy I finally got to read it. What a treat! Ruby has, perhaps, the most famous parents in the world. And when she finds out her so called friends only like her because of her parents, she wants nothing more than to disappear to a place where no one knows her famous family so she can finally be herself.

Ruby is adorable and funny and quirky and everything I want in a main character. This book s
Stephanie Faris
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ruby is the daughter of two mega-celebrities. The kind of celebrities even tweens know about. While that might seem like a cool life to lead, we learn through Ruby's story that it can royally suck. You see, when your parents are famous, people befriend you just so they can meet them. After learning her best friend is just pretending, Ruby arranges to be transferred across the country, where she tells everyone her parents are dead. We get to then watch Ruby emerge from her cocoon as for the first ...more
Kimk
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful middle grade book that I bought for my entire class as a Thanksgiving gift. Real issues that my 6th graders can connect with are dealt with care and authenticity. My most reluctant readers, both boys and girls alike, truly enjoyed following Ruby's coming of age. My students and I appreciated that Ronni Arno respected their intelligence by not having her characters always do the obvious! Very popular in my classroom library.
Morgan B
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Let me just say, that this has to be one of the best books I have ever read! I was lucky enough to have already read this book before it came out, and I LOVED it! This book is filled with suspense and lots of twists and turns, and leaves you wanting to read more. I cannot wait for Ronnis next books to come out! Please read it! I have read this book more than once (4-5 times!) and I will defidently read it again! Lets hear it for Ruby Reinvented by Ronni Arno!
Wendy
Nov 26, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's sweet and fun. Ruby is a solid main character--she's good at heart and her mistakes make sense for her. The fantasy lifestyle elements (famous, rich parents, boarding school, resources and skill level) all work and would fire the imagination of readers. The story has great themes and I enjoyed it. More important, I would recommend it for its target audience.
Hallie
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ruby Reinvented was a wonderful combination of a light and adorable middle grade read and a thoughtful novel. I would definately recomend.
Talia
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Long, but so detailed. Some parts were so sad
Jen Petro-Roy
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, middle-grade
A *fantastic* MG debut.
Melissa Moore
Charming middling novel with hope for a sequel...
Ethan Hoffman
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really fun book written by one of the funnest (not a word, but really should be) people I know, Fun Ronni!
Mary Lehmer
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fun book for readers enjoying books about friendship and fashion. I was lent an ARC of this book but will be ordering a copy of it for our library this November when it comes out.
Addie
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book Ruby Reinvented by Ronni Arno is about a twelve year old girl named Ruby. She is daughter of two huge celebrities. After realizing that her friends only like her for her parents, she decides to go to a private school in Maine. Once she gets there, she make ups some lies so people don't know who her parents are. In fact, she says that she does not have any parents at all.
I rated this book 4 out of 5 stars because it was really good and had some surprises. The only downside of the book is
Liralen
I've been eagerly awaiting this one all year, and (now that I'm on holiday and burning through* a bunch of my YA to-read list) it didn't disappoint. Ruby, AKA Bea, is the child of a supermodel and a baseball star, but she wants nothing more than to design her own clothing and make friends who like her for who she is...not who her parents are. It's off to boarding school in the wilds of Maine, then, where nobody knows who she is.

Now, a significant chunk of plot is (rather predictably, because thi
Rachele Alpine
I am always on the lookout for a good boarding school book and when you also throw in my love of celebrity gossip (since Ruby's parents are two of the biggest stars/athletes out there), this book is perfect!

I was instantly drawn into Ruby's world and the authenticity and honesty she possessed. I could understand why she did the things she did and why other characters reacted the ways that they did. She faced realistic consequences and things weren't tied up quick and title, which is just like r
Jun 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
3.5 stars--I liked this one a lot. Ruby had a lot of depth to her, and she spent this story learning something it takes most of us a lifetime to learn. I think this is a great read for tween girls who wish they were someone else, or try too hard to please others at the expense of losing who they actually are (so pretty much every tween girl ever!) I enjoyed Ms. Arno's writing style so much, I read Ruby Reinvented in one day, and I've already pre-ordered Dear Poppy, which will be released in Octo ...more
C. B. Whitaker
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this novel on so many levels. It did a great job of drawing me in with the shocking revelation and the very real relationship dynamics of Ruby confronting her parents. Then I was sold on the complication: her decision to switch schools and then getting herself into a pickle that just snowballs. It's a high-interest page-turner with a strong story, delightful characters, and a great sense of humor. Really fun and heartfelt, a thoroughly enjoyable read.
Ava White
Great!
Jordyn H
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want to be a fashion designer when I grow up just like Ruby does, and I can totally relate to a lot of what happened to Ruby.
Mary
Good story of what it is like to be the child of famous parents. And I particularly like that the ending isn't just the panacea that telling the truth will right all wrongs.
Ashlyn Gee
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

I really enjoyed reading this though I wish Conner ended up kissing ruby like a lot other wise no complaints
Vivien Mavis  Ryder

I hate it, no, STRONGLY dislike it, when adult readers read books like this one, say, "this was a terrible book...... BUT when I was a kid I would have liked it." Is that true? NOOOOOOOO. This book stinks. Every. Single. Letter. seemed fake and pointless and the fairy tale dream ending made me want to punch whatever editor allowed THIS junk into the library.
Maddy W.
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was awesome. I read it in about a week and couldn't put it down. You fall in love with not only Bea, But all her friends too. And I thought having parents as celebrities was easy! :) It's heartwarming and special. I think I'm going to check a few other of Ronni Arno's books and I'll tell you what I think!
Te De
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 STARS

Before I begin, I do want to say that yes, I am aware that this is an MG book and was never expecting anything too similar to Gossip Girl/Pretty Little Liars/The A-List type books despite the teasings of conspicuous wealth and Hollywood glamor in the description. (view spoiler)
K.L. Hallam
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I loved each character. The plot, with its rapid pace. So much fun!
Ruby Miller has famous parents and phony friends, and when she overhears just how untrue her “BFF” really is, she breaks down and searches for another life, one where she can reinvent herself.

Ruby has the idea to escape to a boarding school on the other side of the country, as far away from Hollywood as she can. She has some convincing to do before her parents to go along with it. But it’s not like there arou
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Error message for giveaway 5 51 Jul 06, 2015 06:39PM
  • The Perfect Place
  • My Near-Death Adventures (99% True!) (My Near-Death Adventures, #1)
  • Raising Rufus
  • At Your Service
  • Cici Reno #MiddleSchoolMatchMaker (Yoga Girls, #1)
  • Breaking the Ice
  • Dr. Critchlore's School for Minions
  • Little Miss Evil
  • Hide and Seek (Silver Jaguar Society Mysteries #2)
  • Dead Boy
  • Misty Gordon and the Mystery of the Ghost Pirates
  • I Am Drums
  • Almost a World Record Breaker (Teddy Mars #1)
  • Evil Fairies Love Hair
  • The Maypop Kidnapping (Quinnie Boyd Mysteries, #1)
  • Anybody Shining
  • The Art of the Swap
  • A Clatter of Jars (A Tangle of Knots, #2)
Ronni Arno is the proud mom to 2 kids, 2 dogs, and several middle grade and young adult novels. Her debut, RUBY REINVENTED, published with Simon & Schuster/Aladdin in Fall 2015. DEAR POPPY publishes with Simon & Schuster/Aladdin in October 2016, and MOLLY IN THE MIDDLE publishes in Summer 2017. In her spare time, Ronni kayaks and drinks coffee, but not usually at the same time.