Start by marking “Blood Born (Cora's Choice, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood Born (Cora's Choice, #2)

Blood Born

(Cora's Choice #2)

He wanted more than her blood...

Cora Shaw discovers that the cure for her terminal illness comes at a terrible price: She is now eternally bound to an immortal vampire, her mind and body forever subject to his will.

All she ever wanted was to be rid of her cancer. But how can Cora break free from Dorian Thorne when everything in her wants to give herself to him and when

Published April 15th 2014 by Black Lotus

To ask other readers questions about Blood Born, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Born

Start your review of Blood Born (Cora's Choice, #2)
Magical Reading Nook of Ahtohallan
This story just keeps getting more and more interesting. I have theses push and pull emotions towards both Cora and Dorian. On one hand Cora acts like she should in this situation, but then she's really mean to Dorian, when he kinda saved her life. Yes, it was at risk to her life as a whole but she could've gone, "Thank you, I'm forever grateful." And then left. But she compacts on the attitude. The beginning of this book I was wishy-washy about Cora. I honestly didn't like her, then she got ...more
Jessie
Apr 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Blood Born is an interesting tale about a collage student who goes under am experimental treatment for cancer. What the MC finds out is that although she is cured from cancer, she is now bound to the vampire who cured her. I felt like this book was a little slower than the first. There really wasn't much meat in the story and I felt like the author kind of dragged it out some.

When the MC first finds out she is bound, she acts like a spoiled brat more than anything. But thankfully she somewhat
Kj
Feb 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampires
Cora makes the choice to try the experimental treatment. Even with the huge chance she won't live through the treatment her odds without it are worse. The mysterious Mr. Thorne is no less mysterious in this installment. This is a great story and I couldn't stop reading it but it really is a cross between Twilight and Fifty Shades of Gray. I could have done with more story and less sex but that's just my personal opinion. It really keeps you hooked.
Eva Millien
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cora Shaw doesn’t have long left to live and she’ll have to choose whether to take part in an experimental procedure by the strange, compelling Mr. Thorne. A steady to fast paced plot with well written scenes and details that capture the imagination and well orchestrated suspense and emotional drama that draws the reader and doesn’t let go.

4 STARS

Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I think I love it
Anna
Sep 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
This review was given based on the first four serial! No spoilers.

Cora is a college senior, same as any, with hopes and dreams for a bright future: grad school, career, husband, kids. Only that is all threatened when she is diagnosed with a rare form of Leukemia and her last chance treatment does not work. She is armed with two choices thanks to her oncologist: a referral to hospice or an ominous business card for a last ditch non-medically sanctioned chance. Of course she calls the number on
Audrey
May 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Second part.

Well I'm desappointed a lot by this one.

The story goes on.
Cora has been cure. The "treatment" had worked and she is alive.
But she has been changed in something else.
And she is pissed!!!

And it is here I am confused.

Cora is for me a spoiled child, ungrateful to have been able to surived and to be cured.
She was sick since a year and maybe more (it is not clear, or reveal) She has been given 5 or less months to live.
The 'treatment' brought by Thorne has he said had 1 chance per 100 to
Jennifer Hines
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
*I received this book free from the author in exchange for an honest review*

This is the second book and it picks up right where the first one left off. However, like the first one this one too leaves off on a cliffhanger. A much larger cliffhanger. Goodness gracious I hate those!

The storyline still holds the same intrigue the first one did, but it also holds a lot more. Cora learns the extent of her ‘treatment’ and the exact odds she had been against surviving it. Let’s just say, alive or not,
Kay Clodfelter
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love when you read series, and you start with book 2, and it starts exactly where the last one end. VM Black get's us more involved in this series, reading each page making sure we know all details. This series has got me reading book, after book, and I think when I'm caught-up I'll being waiting till she get's the next installment out.
Lets talk about this amazingly creative series. Got To Love IT!! Cora woke from being cured by Dorian Thorne. She knows what he is and trying to
Anita Powers
I liked this book alot, I found it interesting how the author described what Cora was going through with the change, how she went back and forth, happy to be alive but at the same time feeling so trapped. Parts of the book bothered me when she would complain about how this cure came about and how her life has changed, even though she should be happy to be alive. My least favorite thing in this book is when she keeps saying about Dorian eating people, why is it stated like that when he does no ...more
Cynthia
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I will say you need to read book 1 before this book so you understand where the leads stand. I received this book as a ARC in exchange for a honest review. I will attempt not to give spoilers but I may slip so beware.

Cora has been turned to a "super human" Now she is battling herself, how she feels and his power over her as she sees it. All over Christmas break at the university. I find the details in this story to be possible. Ms Black brings to the story a real life possibility of vampires who
Charlie Torres
Dec 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Good follow-up to the first novella featuring Cora and Dorian. In this one, Cora learns about the expectations put on her as a result of accepting the treatment and what it means for her future.

The one thing that does irritate me is Cora's constant whining. I mean she is 22 years old and acts like she is 15 sometimes. I know she suffered from leukemia, but really, do you have no be such a brat. And why is it that these female characters in distress must be virgins? Not to say they don't exist,
Sheryl
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am giving an honest review of the book by author V.M.Black. This is book 2 of the series by the author.

Cora has now survived and on the way to recovery but is finding it hard to come to terms with how she has to life now. Dorian Thorne is sharing how Cora's life will be now that she is cured. But all Cora wants is to get back to her old life.

This second book shows more emotional feelings of Cora and Dorian and their interaction is more profound in this book then the first. The story and
Cheryl   Graham-Petit
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Prior to reading this series, I had only read Out of the Darkness: Taken by the Panther by V.M. Black. I enjoyed reading that book so it was a no-brainer to read the Cora's Choice Vampire Series.

This series is skillfully written, intriguing, mysterious, and had me captivated from the very beginning. Gripping from the start, it has a good mix of tension, regret, anger, fear, drama, angst, unadulterated lust, swoon worthy moments, and a great plot. The only thing missing is the love and HEA,
Tina Frazier
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was better than the first. Cora wakes up to discover that she has been cured from her cancer but the cure comes at a price and when she finds out that she was turned into a part Vampire and what Dorian was she was not so sure that she wanted this kind of cure. But if I was Cora and a vampire told me he was going to cure me for any sickness and to stay young for ever then I would be right there all for it. By the end of this book it was really getting good. Can't wait to read the third ...more
Elaine White
I only picked this up, because I had it and because I was in the mood for vamps. I figured I'd give the series a second go.

It was marginally better than book 1, but still, there was no romance, no progression of an actual relationship. This series has great potential, because the writing is great and I like the author's style. I even like that Cora keeps refusing to accept her situation, but it gets a little incredulous at times. I just want to shake her and scream how lucky she is to be alive.
Emily
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: vamp fans
Recommended to Emily by: V.M. BLACK
After reading LIFE BLOOD, I was excited about continuing the series with BLOOD BORN. I was not disappointed.

We get a little more Thorne, which is niiiiice. Cora is cancer-free, but not necessarily adapting well to her new bond with Thorne.

I'm really excited to see what happens as the series continues. There's a new threat to Cora, and we can't forget about Geoff. He wasn't in BLOOD BORN, but I've been told we can expect him in book 5.

Great job, Black!
Natasha
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Cora woke up and cancer free. When Dorian came into the room she finds out the extinct of the cure she went through. Now she is bonded with Dorian for life. She does not like that he owns her and she's fighting it. Cora goes back to her dorm to clear her mind and she does not know that trouble is lurking into the shadows until it's to late and she is running for her life. She wonders what Dorian dragged her into and if she's going to survive this new adventure in her life.
Runningrabbit
The only thing that kept my interest in this novel was the introduction of a slight twist in the story.

The principal character became bogged down with repetition that was truly annoying. The intimacy of the sexual content precludes the novel from being YA, or indeed NA, which leaves the reader with an unbearably immature character.

Having said all this the novel is still holding my interest, although it's teetering precariously close to the edge.
Sue Parker
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
So now Cora has made a deal with the devil or in this case a vampire. She has blood bonded with Dorian. This scares her and she wants out. Only there is no way out of this arrangement. She can't resist him any more than he can resist her. But he gives her the space she needs after taking away her virginity. Now she is back at her college dorm and then she gets followed and attacked. Then the book ends! Ugh I hate cliff endings!
Alexandria
Jun 07, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. The suspense from the previous novel was enough to make me want to read this. But it ends on another cliff hanger. Grrrr.

Regardless, the story is picking up a bit but the pacing overall is a little off for me. I can't put my finger on it. Things are progressing really fast, and a part of me is ok with that, but the story is moving at such a break neck speed I hardly feel like I'm getting time to know the characters. Hopefully this little glitch will improve.
Natasha Morales
Apr 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Even better than the first book!!!

Even better than the first book!!!

These books are VERY addictive - I finished book 2 in a day! there is a perfect balance of romance, mystery, and suspense. I can't wait for May 20th, I want to know what happens! Hopefully this amazing series becomes a movie, it could very well be the next best thing :)
Antionette
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
why oh why must it end. your cliffhangers are tough.. get all emotional and you need to get the next book. brutal i tell you. love this series. i think its the realism parts of it. how any of us would react after being saved from cancer by a vampire. and then have him say you are his and he is yours and you've known him for a few days. crazy!!
iliana G
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given this arc by the author for an honest review.

In the continuation of the first book Blood Born shows us how Dorian and Cora is Doing.
Two strangers fighting against all odds to and against a relationship.
Djinn's ,vampires and humans all in tis book make up a fantastic story that keeps you well hooked in its pages.
An amazing continuation of the series.
Tammy
I actually like these books but there is a problem I can't get past. She's basically selling 3 chapters at a time. The 6 'books' in this series, should be one book total. So unless you want to pay $15 for this one book (that's broken into 6 sections) don't get hooked. I'm going to pass on the rest, I just don't like this kind of marketing ploy.
Colette Wills
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This series is amazing. Take almost everything you thought you knew about vampires and throw it out the window. Now don't worry these are sparkling vampires. But the world they live in is divided and like humans some are good and some are bad. Only trouble is Cora is lost trying to figure out which is which and if she can live with what she has become.
Denisa
Another rating: 4/10

Definately better than the first one. More about characters and I am quite digging Dorian Thorne, well he is only interesting character here. Some ideas about vampires were interesting, the ending was enjoyable. I really want to know more about this world, vampires and so on, even I didn't like Cora and her choices or some annoying and predictable clichés...
Saša
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I am hooked.
I love Cora's struggle to understand and accept what is happening to her, but there is more for her. She is struggling with her attraction toward Dorian. The sex scens were, hot steamy, well written, i like it a lot!
Cant wait to read the next one. I loved this book , but it should be longer, just when i dip in, is all over....
Alicia
Dec 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
This 2nd book of this series is just as good as the first. It starts exactly where the 1st book ends which I think it great. Again once I started it I couldn't stop till I finished it. Since this is a continuing story I will be moving on the 3rd book of this right away.

• Born Blue
  • Bringing up the Bones
  • Dark Prince (Dark, #1)
  • It's a Long Story: My Life
  • Dark Light (Dark Light, #1)
  • Taste of Torment (Deep In Your Veins, #3)
  • Death of Darkness  (Immortal Guardians, #9)
  • Feverborn (Fever, #8)
  • Temptation's Darling
  • The Duke with the Dragon Tattoo (Victorian Rebels, #6)
  • The Duke (Victorian Rebels, #4)
  • Crown of Coral and Pearl (Crown of Coral and Pearl, #1)
  • Burn (Dark in You, #1)
  • Dark Harmony (The Bargainer, #3)
  • Time Untime (Dark-Hunter #21; Hellchaser, #4; Were-Hunter, #7)
  • The Guardian (Dark-Hunter, #20; Dream-Hunter, #5; Were-Hunter, #6; Hellchaser, #3)
  • Son of No One (Dark-Hunter, #23; Hellchaser, #5; Were-Hunter, #8, Lords of Avalon, #3)
  • Born of Vengeance (The League: Nemesis Rising #10)
I write steamy paranormal romance, particularly vampire and shifter/werewolf right now. Check out my two free series starters, Life Blood and Taken. :)

I most often compare my work to Twilight meets 50 Shades (my vampires in Cora's Choice are more dark and angsty, and the S/M elements grow more and more pronounced as the series progresses), but the names that readers most often mention are Anne

Cora's Choice (6 books)
  • Life Blood  (Cora's Choice, #1)
  • Bad Blood (Cora's Choice, #3)
  • Blood Rites (Cora's Choice, #4)
  • Blood Bond (Cora's Choice, #5)
  • Blood Price (Cora's Choice, #6)