Start by marking “Ransom (Ransom, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ransom (Ransom, #1)

Ransom

(Ransom #1)

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  5,654 Ratings  ·  344 Reviews
Daisy Harris has no reason to suspect that her day will be any different than usual. She’ll go to class, alone. She won’t speak or make eye contact. She’ll spend her entire day doing her best to go completely unnoticed. That’s what life is like for Daisy now—an endless cycle of loneliness and fear. A life lived hiding behind the walls she so faithfully maintains.

Then she
Nook, 339 pages
Published April 28th 2014 by Rachel Schurig (first published April 27th 2014)

Debra

★★★☆ 3.5 Stars!

Ransom by Rachel Schurig was a typically sweet NA romance with a rock star hero and a timid but likeable heroine. Even though the story didn't fully manage to hook me (mostly because I couldn't completely connect with the characters), I still enjoyed reading it. It was a quick read with a limited amount of angst and some definite swoon worthy moments, told from a dual POV.

Daisy Harris's life changed dramatically over the past year. Events in het senior year of high school forced h
Rose
Initial reaction: I may end up bumping this rating to 1.5 stars, but I need to think on it. Some parts attempted development, but this feels like a very formulaic addition to the genre with little distinction.

Full review:

Yeah, I think more often than not, I keep running into NA titles that really feel like a paint by numbers display, and it's really not hard to avoid doing this, so I find it frustrating whenever I come across a title, which has a decent or potentially decent premise, end up drop
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo FreeTuXBbysb_zps5b0c2c6e.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (1/13/2015)

BLURB:

Then she sees it. A magazine, left behind in class. A simple picture—just his face. And it c
Warning: Lazy review is.... LAZY!

Dear Diary,

I’ve been in love with my best friend for what feels like my entire life. Last year something horrible happened in his absence and my life changed entirely. His changed too, him and his brothers are famous now. And I am so proud of them. Their dream is finally coming true. I miss them - I miss who I was with them – but I’m not that girl anymore. I can’t be.

Daltrey wouldn’t even recognise me and he was my best friend. Our lives have been interlocked s
Katie
ARC received via NetGalley

This was a lovely rocker romance book that I thoroughly enjoyed reading.

I loved how the book began- told from Daltrey's POV of when he and Daisy first met age the age of 5. Without that little event they wouldn't have a story to tell, it was the important moment in their lives, so I thought it was a great way to start. From then on its told in present events, with the characters having flashbacks of their past together- I liked this as you not only got to see their rela
Mariℓina
Apr 28, 2014 marked it as to-read
I want to read this badly!!!

It looks very intriguing!

Jan
Totally unexpected :-)

A beautiful story of best friends who supported each other from the age of five, both sharing the loss of a mother in their lives, giving them an instant and binding connection.

Daisy grows up with Dalton and his brothers who treat her like a sister and as the boys set out for their dream of rock star stardom she is their biggest encorager and supporter even though she stays behind and continues to go to school.

Its a beautiful read with unexpected turns and drama along the
Alexandra
May 21, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: rockers
It breaks my heart to say this, but I am utterly and completely disappointed...

Bullying is a really painful issue, but not to be explored like this... Also suicidal tendencies, panic attacks and overall depression are a really serious thematic, not suited for this kind of stories…

The two of them spent together 7 pages at most- strike one…
His POV was so feminine that I was beginning to dislike him- strike two…
She was annoyingly awkward, that instead of sympathy she began to annoy the crap out of
Chrissy T
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Review coming soon!

********************

This is my first Rachel Schurig book, and I cannot wait to read more about the Ransom brothers. Daltrey and Daisy grew up together-both needing the support of one another while growing up without their mothers. Daisy watched as Daltrey and his brothers grew into wonderful musicians, and was their biggest supporter from the very beginning of Ransom.

Daltrey and his brothers leave during his senior year to pursue their music career, but that left Dais
Talltree
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
SoWrongItsRANDI {Bell, Book & Candle}
3 Stars!!

Daisy Harris and Daltrey Ransome were inseparable growing up. But when Daltey and his brothers leave to pursue their rock and roll dreams, something happens to Daisy that makes her cut off everyone; including Daltrey. Its been a year since Daltrey and Daisy have seen each other, and Daltrey wants to win her love and understand why she cut him off years ago.

It was an okay read. It was a little too dramatic to me. Don't get me wrong, bullying is very serious; I have been bullied, so I kno
✿kawehi.reviews
#Eh, this was an okay read.

But why oh why do I keep picturing R5 as the Ransom brothers?

(-)Minus....

And Daltrey as...

description

##but NOT on the guitar but the piano.##

With his love interest, Daisy, looking like this...

description

GAH, I don't get my logic but this was all I could think about while reading this book the entire time!

However, I'm curious enough to continue on with this series and see what next Ms. Schurig brings. Not bad, not bad.
Marynea Collina
Ransom was unlike anything that I was expecting; it caught me off guard when I found out that it dealt with serious issues such as bullying and depression. I thought it was just a typical romance book, nothing heavy. You can just imagine my surprise when those issues were emphasized. I must say, the author did a great job executing their purposes, never misinforming the reader of the ugliness of the reality behind depression. Despite this book being a romance, it never once made me think that yo ...more
Kei • lovelypagesreviews •
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
It was okay...

I only read a small blurb of this and it was free at the time so I thought why not, it sounds good. And it was, good enough.

Daisy has been through so much and she decides to up and leave, go far far away and cut ties with everyone back home. She meets this duo that admitedly were fun, and together the two of them help break her out of her self imposed shell and connect with her former friends and wannabe boyfriend (?).

Daisy's former relationship with Daltrey and his band though t
Jinx
May 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf, lame
DNF

Maybe the fact that I'm in my late 20's made it difficult for me to connect with something just so cookie cutter. A lot of things seemed repetitive. The book went on and on about Daisy's issues and after a while it became tiresome. I felt more annoyance towards her than I did sympathy.

Also Daltrey and Daisy spent more time apart than they did together. I would have liked for the book to revolve more around Daltrey and Daisy reconnecting. I grew impatient waiting for something to happen but
Louise
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
DNF at 62%. I tried. Super hard. And it had great potential early on. But I didn't like Daisy and her whining. Maybe it was the age of the characters. Or that the story of the lost year seemed so tenuous... I just didn't believe. And I need to believe.
Coco.V
Aug 30, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on Amazon today (8/30/2018)!💝

Blurb:
Daisy Harris has no reason to suspect that her day will be any different than usual. She'll go to class, alone. She won't speak or make eye contact. She'll spend her entire day doing her best to go completely unnoticed. That's what life is like for Daisy now-an endless cycle of loneliness and fear. A life lived hiding behind the walls she so faithfully maintains. Then she sees it. A magazine, left behind in class. A simple picture-just his face. And it ch
Margaux
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE THIS BOOK. This is definitely on my list of best books read in 2017.

I started reading all free e-books sent to me by BookBub and I had a book hangover after I read this. I don't need to read any book just yet because I have found THE book and I'm happy to let all the feels stay in me for as long as it will last.

Yes, it may be similar to my life story in more ways than one. Yes, I could totally relate with the story. And yes, it feels like my life was interpreted in fiction. So I may be bi
Karina Ramirez
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult, arc
4.5 - 5 Stars!

This book was just what I needed, not to mention I'm in LOVE with the cover.

Anywho,

Daltrey and Daisy have been best friends since they were five. Inseparable, secret sharing, best friend glory. Until Daltrey and his brothers get their big break in the music industry. Leaving to go on tour mid senior year Daltrey leaves Daisy with the expectation of her joining them after graduation.

What no one expects is for Daisy to be bullied and humiliated publicly in the worst possible sens
Melissa Gregory
Apr 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In exchange for an ARC, I'm giving an honest review of this book.

Daisy and Daltrey have known eachother since childhood. Senior year of high school, he leaves for a chance to find success with his band. She stays behind and soon cuts off contact to hide what happens after he's gone. A year later, Daisy allows herself to remember what she misses about Daltrey and works up the courage to see him. Daltrey decides he's not going to let her go away quietly, again, but that's made harder when she ends
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
*I received a free ARC of Ransom from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review*

Excellent friends-to-lovers story, complete with rock-stars, rabid fans, fun and also some sad and hard stuff.

Full review to come soon.

This and all my other reviews are originally posted on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews
Abida's Book Adventures
Oct 24, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: buzz-kill
This could have been better.
Erika Custodio
May 21, 2015 rated it did not like it
I commend Rachel Schurig because seldom do you came across an eye-opening book which actually supports an important advocacy. But the story and the writing...I don't like AT ALL.
Rosie
Jan 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: music, 2015, travel, tattoo, friends
3,5 'I'm not sure how I feel about this' stars
Beth
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book on Amazon for free. I didn't realize there were so many books in the series. I am kind of over their Dad in this series ...he is kind of hateful to Daltrey ...not getting where is coming from or why he is doing things in his life. I think it is funny how it starts off with this cover, which I prefer over the 2 available. but when you open the book on your kindle it changes to the old one, kind of weird??! a Twilight Z0ne moment. Oh goodness, can not find the brothers name that ...more
Skye
Sep 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
Both the hero and heroine were stubborn, they could have avoided the majority of their heartache if they just opened up to one another.
Shelley
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
ARC generously provided by publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Daisy Harris grew up next to the Ransom's. She was five when she met Daltrey Ransom and they had been best friends ever since. Daisy was the Ransom Brother's biggest fan. The Ransom's were a musical family and all four of the boys played music. Daisy has been there through it all. Then the Ransom's get their big break to go on tour and open for a big band. This sends Daltrey away from Daisy for their senior year
Tara
May 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014, arc

This story was not what I was expecting. Typically rocker stories are all about the sex, drugs/alcohol, more sex and, well…rock and roll. This story was more cute than sexy and the music seemed to take a back seat to the their story…Daisy and Daltrey. What happened that drove them apart and can they find their way back to their friendship…to each other…to something more?

I loved that the story started out from his POV as a little kid. He was adorable – I know adorable is not the word you
Zili
3.5 Stars in my Sky!

I'm a big fan of friends-to-lovers stories. I like the angst which usually goes along with the 'should-we-risk-our-friendship' aspect. In Rachel Schurig's Ransom the story is told in split POV, focusing on Daisy Harris aka the girl left behind, and her former best friend, rocker Daltrey Ransome. Although I have read many 'quiet beauty behind the rockstar' stories, Ransom wasn't entirely what I expected - for a variety of reasons.

The story has many dark elements; Daisy has suf
Vins
HEA/HFN/etc Ending: HEA
Contains Cheating: NO!
Multi-Luv'n: No
Jealy/Possy/OTT Rating: 3.5
Angst Level Rating: 3.5 - The right amount.
Feel-Good Level Rating: 4
Steam Factor Rating:(view spoiler)
Kink Level Rating:(view spoiler)
Amount
Goodreads Librari...: Page count 2 13 Feb 03, 2017 03:00PM
  • In a Heartbeat (Rebel Walking, #1)
  • Captivating Bridge (Tempest, #3; Black Cat Records, #6)
  • More Than Exes (Chasing The Dream, #0.5)
  • Boy in a Band (A Morgan Mallory Story)
  • Sweet Girl (Titan, #1.5)
  • Guitar Face (Guitar Face, #1)
  • Surrendering (Surrender, #1)
  • Liquid Regret (Liquid Regret, #1)
  • Before He Was Famous (Starstruck, #1)
  • Dirt (HDU, #2)
  • The Summer of Jake
  • Love, Always
  • Covert Cover Cracked
  • Face the Music
  • Blessed Tragedy (Blessed Tragedy, #1)
  • Lifeless (Lifeless, #1)
  • Myles (Carter Brothers, #3)
  • Less Than Nothing (Less Than Nothing, #1)

Ransom (5 books)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
“Food?” Paige asks. “What about it?” Karen shrugs. “I just like food. I want to talk about it.” 1 likes
“And she’s wearing a Batman shirt. I love Batman.” 1 likes