Start by marking “A Touch: A Lia Fail Short Story (Lia Fail Chronicles, #1.2)” as Want to Read:
A Touch: A Lia Fail Short Story (Lia Fail Chronicles, #1.2)

A Touch: A Lia Fail Short Story

(Lia Fail Chronicles #1.2)

It’s February in Lia Fail. The chilly winter air is making ready for spring, and more changes are in store for the Stark family, when a wagon train from Old Idaho arrives.

As a relationship dissolves, one is born, and another is rediscovered. The magic of the new world is making itself more prevalent in the form of the tiny pixies, while the untapped powers of those who ha
ebook
Published April 15th 2014 (first published April 14th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about A Touch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Touch

Pamela Stuard
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
S.L. Dearing just keeps bringing me awesome stories about an amazing family Lia Stark... in this short story, S.L. Dearing brings us a story about Tanner Stark, Chris' twin brother. He is in a relationship with Chelsea.. But met someone else, and just by the "touch" of their hands, he knows this beautiful young lady is meant for him. Will I tell you who she is?? No.. no spoilers from me...hehehe

Does Tanner break up with Chelsea or does he stay with her and hide his true feelings?? So
Sadie Yates
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another great addition to the series. More characters are introduced with new adventures to follow. I have been happily following since the start with The Gathering. I am enjoying all the shorts as I wait for the next book. Even though there are many characters the shorts take the time to follow a main few and delve deeper into their adventure.
Natalie
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This short story by S.L. Dearing gives us the love, the need and fulfills our deepest longing desires for our favorite family.

The handsome Tanner Stark is in relationship with Chelsea Hearst. The love just isn't there as much as it should be. You know? That deep, lose your breath kind of love. Until he meets Magen Fahey..... now that is a woman he can and is falling fast for.

In this short story we will watch these two fall in to the deepest love possible. It is beautiful, sensual an
Nicole
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
S.L. Dearing is an amazing author in my books. I fell in love with her when I first picked up The Gathering and have been following her writing ever since. She has created a world that is easy to get lost in and want more of. The characters come to life before your eyes and she's never hesitated to give a character the spotlight that they deserve. She writes each character with such care that it's hard not to feel what they feel.

This story is about Tanner Stark. He is Chris' twin brother and th
Tonya
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
S.L. sucked me in again. She makes you feel like you are right there in the story with the Lia Fail families. We are introduced to some new friends and family in this story.

It is mostly about Tanner. And it all starts with just a touch by Magen! But he is still with Chelsea. What will happen between Tanner and Chelsea because of this?

There is still something dark lurking around Lia Fail. Bringing some mystery. As well as leaving me wondering about Natalie. I love the little surprise
Magen McMinimy
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic installment to the Lia Fail journey.

I am a total fangirl and I love the Stark family, but Tanner and Christopher are by far my favorites. From the moment Tanner Stark stepped onto the pages of The Gathering I was sold! Dearing is capable of writing characters that you can’t help but become invested in and this story just further solidifies my love of her writing, world building and characters.

The addition of the Mercer’s and the Fahey’s adds a whole new level on interest to t
Michael Loring
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Yet again S.L. Dearing brings us another addition the the Lia Fail series, teasing us all with another taste of the Stark family.

This is a short story, but it's as emotional and powerful as a full novel. Proving that although there's not love at first sight, there is indeed love at firs touch. A Touch is a wonderful addition to the Lia Fail Chronicles and I can't wait to see what the author has to bring next!

Five out of Five stars!
Sheila Ryals
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A touch is all it takes! Touch is a wonderful short story add on for SL Dearings Lia Fail Chronicles. It lets us see where some of the characters are after The Gathering and A Christmas Wish! We meet more settlers that have come to town! There is a lot of foreshadowing of thing to come. Makes me hope another short or big book comes out soon!
Erth
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First time reader of this author and now i am hooked. This was such a great, easy and creative series. i was hooked after the first page.

The characters were easy to fall in love with and follow, along with the story. the author made the mental visions so easy and vivid of the surroundings and the characters actions felt so real.

i would highly recommend this author and this series.
April
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love anything that S.L. Dearing puts out!!! I love all the characters of the Lia Fail series!
Corinna Dürr
Apr 22, 2014
S.L. Dearing
Apr 15, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Ninou L'original
Sharon Mindock
Nov 25, 2017
Makfidunnabi Methun
Jan 20, 2019
Shannon L. Dearing was raised in Westlake Village, California and grew up in Phoenix, Arizona. She attended Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, then spent several years studying at Los Angeles City College’s renowned Television/ Film program. She has worked on several film projects in many capacities: directing, writing, First Asst. Director, Etc.. Shannon has been writing since grade school. Over the years ...more

Lia Fail Chronicles (6 books)
  • The Gathering (Lia Fail Chronicles, #1)
  • A Wish: A Lia Fail Short Story (Lia Fail Chronicles, #1.1)
  • A Kiss: A Lia Fail Short Story (Lia Fail Chronicles, #1.3)
  • A Storm: A Lia Fail Short Story (Lia Fail Chronicles, #1.4)
  • The Journey: From The Gathering to The Bridging - Book 1.5 of the Lia Fail Chronicles - A Short Story Collection