Start by marking “Hello Love” as Want to Read:
Hello Love

Hello Love

From the bestselling author of The Long Way Home comes a charming novel about two strangers who find a second chance at happiness when they’re brought together by one extraordinary dog.

A year after the death of his wife, Christine, Dan is barely holding on. But one thing gets him through the long, lonely nights and that is his cherished dog, Anni. When she is stolen from h
Published September 16th 2014 by Lake Union Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Hello Love, please sign up.
Karen McQuestion Hi Dorothy! I'm sorry that I didn't see your question until now.

Hi Dorothy! I'm sorry that I didn't see your question until now.

Hello Love is available in Kindle and on a multitude of devices using the Kindle app. It's also been released in paperback and audio book, for those who prefer those formats.

Thank you for asking!(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Robin Mcclary Where are all my other books that I have purchased?

Pam Nelson
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Hello Love Stars

So I liked this book and I had to keep reminding my self of the genre. It’s a Chic Lit.

Which is all fine and dandy, but it explains why the story really take a long time to get to the conclusion.

I felt utter sorry for Dan and his daughter. The loose of his wife and her mother was a huge blow. And just living and surviving after isn’t easy. So when their beloved pet is stolen you can imagine the devastation.

Andrea is getting over a divorce I say that but does one really get
Victoria
Oct 24, 2014 rated it liked it
I don't normally choose books that fall under the romance genre, but as a dog-lover, I don't know how I could have resisted the sweet, puppy face on the cover! With head cocked to one side, those big brown eyes just beg for this book to be read - and the book opens with the same scene from that movie, Return To Me, that always makes me cry - the dog waits at the door for her deceased loved one's arrival home while the bereft husband watches with his own heart breaking all over again...

With an op
Sheena Garman
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg all the coincidences!!!

I read this book in a day!!! I could NOT put it down! As a dog lover and mother I grew so wrapped up in Anni's story. I just had to know what was going to happen to the poor girl next. And, the way she brought 2 people together that were so deserving of each other was truly inspiring!!! It makes me want to write down my order and send it out to the universe, just to see what happens!!! This is a story I could read many times, it really tugs at the heart strings, it mak
Aoife
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Dan loses his wife, his dog Anni is a big factor in helping him and his daughter pull through their grief. When Anni gets stolen, it's hard for Dan to accept she's gone and he doesn't want to give up on her. Andrea is healing from a painful divorce when she saves Anni from an apartment of young men not treating her right, and soon discovers a dog can be a girl's best friend. Will Anni find Dan again, but will Andrea be able to give her up if she does?

This book was a super sweet contemporary
Ian
After the death of his wife, Dan is in a holding pattern. He lives for his daughter, his dog and work. When Anni, the dog is stolen from his yard he and his daughter are devastated and immediately start a desperate search for her.

Andrea works as an office manager for a property manager but she pretty much runs the business. When tenants complain about a dog in one of the apartments she manages she takes it on herself to get to the bottom of the complaint. What she finds is Anni chained on a bal
Lesincele Viaja gracias a los libros
Una historia que tiene como punto importante la figura de una perrita llamada Annie que nos enseñará como el amor por los animales puede unir a las personas.
Una novela sencilla pero con una historia de amor, benevolencia y de ser buena persona que me ha sorprendido para bien.
Dan is recently widowed. His dog, Anni, has played an important role while he and his daughter work through their grief. When Anni is dognapped, they are both devastated all over again.

Christine is recently divorced. She ends up rescuing an abused dog from tenants in a building she manages. It's Anni. Anni helps her adjust to single life again by providing companionship and love.

Most of the book is dedicated to how fate is trying to bring Dan and Christine together, presumably through the dog.
Cateluta Cucu
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
Sorry to say it, but this is one of the worst books I have read in the last 1-2 years. The plot line is so predictable that it's a bore to read. It's painful to watch how the author struggles to make Dan and Andrea NOT meet, so that the "suspense" is held a little while longer. The positive characters are too positive and the negative ones are too negative, while they are not described well enough to actually understand what kind of people they are, what they think, what their beliefs are, etc. ...more
Terri
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dan and his daughter Lindsay are grieving over the loss of Christine (wife and mother), when their dog Anni is stolen from in front of their house. They struggle through more loss while trying to maintain hope.

Meanwhile, Andrea finds a dog being abused in one of the properties she manages and steals her from the abusers. Also, after a messy divorce, she is struggling to find her own voice and place in life.

Yes, we all know this is the same dog and all the players' paths indirectly cross until th
Mary Brown
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hello Love by Karen McQuestion is a book that brought out so many emotions while reading it. There is humor, sadness, frustration and happiness. I do not think it is easy to write a book that is able to make the reader feel all of that, but that is exactly what Karen McQuestion managed to do.

Dan has lost his wife to cancer and he is having a difficult time moving on with his life. He and his daughter, Lindsay, are just trying to get by a day at a time. They have each other, and their dog Anni,
Kristal Kitap
Bir solukta bitirdim kitabı dün. Elime aldım ve bir kaç saat içinde baktım ki son sayfadayım. Büyük bir keyifle okudum. Bu tarz hikayeleri okumayı sevdiğimden sanırım hiç sıkmadı beni. Tatlı bir dostluk, tatlı bi sevgi vardı kitabın içinde. Kitabı okurken, tertemiz kokan yumuş yumuş bi yatağın içinde taptaze bi güne merhaba demeye hazırlanıyormuşum gibi hissettim.

Hikaye, çok şeker bi köpeğin etrafında dönüyor. Dan, eşini yaklaşık bir sene önce kaybetmiştir. Ve tek dayanağı, tek dostu Anni'dir. E
Cheryl
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. - Roger Caras

I was really in the mood for this book with its little dog and appealing characters.

Dan is a widower with a teenage daughter and they have a little dog, Anni, that has made life bearable since their wife/mother passed away. Then little Anni is stolen.

Andrea went through a rough divorce, is just recovering from it, and happens upon a little dog named Anni that she rescues.

HELLO LOVE is the story of how the main characters in
Caz Malpas
3 NOT SO SPARKLY STARS!!

I'm so disappointed in this book, as it started off with such promise, for approximately 80% of the book I was wondering when the H and h would meet up and start their romance, as the constant just missing each other, and the repetitiveness of them just missing each other was just boring.
The last 20% of the book was just rushed and i felt duped after sticking with the book for the big climatic, explosive, heartwarming realization of what they were to one another, only to
Vicki Jaeger
Aug 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommended to Vicki by: advance reading copy
A sweet little book about people getting a second chance at love -- and some getting their just desserts. Most of the storylines are intertwined, and it becomes clearer as the story progresses. I found myself rooting for the good guys, wanting it all to work out earlier in the story, but it would've been a shorter book at that point! And a dog plays matchmaker in a way, so can't get better than that.
Karen
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this story. It grabbed at my heartstrings from the first page and didn't let go. It was the kind of book that was hard for me to put down and get other things done (like go to work!) because I just kept thinking about it. The characters (that's the "good guys")are drawn as people you would want to have in your life, and insert a dog into the storyline, and yup, I'm hooked. Great book!
Tammy
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wish there were a way to rate it 2 1/2 stars. This book had potential but hasn't reached it for me. It was too drawn out for my taste. I would have liked to seen more of Andrea and Dan's relationship bloom, rather then all the other nonsense. It actually gave me knots in my stomach with every missed encounter that they had. I can't wait to be done with it. Sorry Karen.
dulcie price
Cute but also cheesy. Predictable.

I'm a dog lover so I wanted to love this book. If I was 12, I may have. Sticky sweet.
Tiffany
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

It takes a lot for me to give 5 stars and this book earned it. I Googled humorous books and for whatever reason, this came up. It's not at all humorous but was so good, I absolutely loved it and the style of story telling between the 2 main characters. Plus, I wholeheartedly love dogs so I was willing to give it a chance based on that and I'm glad I did, It tugged at my heartstrings and had I not been reading it at work, would've been a ball of tears. Definitely recommend to anyone int
loretta
Let me say at the beginning that I’m not a romance reader but I’m a sucker for dog stories. That said, this book for me was entertaining, light, predictable with likable characters. It seemed to linger too long on situations and experiences that were easy to comprehend in a few sentences. Then, the happy ending which we knew was coming, just came and the novel was over. I would give it a 3 1/2 but the system doesn’t allow for that.
Vero V
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Como amante de los animales esta historia que involucra a Annie una perrita muy amada por todos, me encanto, sufrí en algunas partes pero me encanto como se desarrolló la historia ya que el mundo es un pañuelo y las vueltas del destino son increíbles.

Lo único que cambiaría es que en algunas ocasiones la narrativa tiene mucha paja innecesaria, pero en general es un libro que disfrute.
Nedra
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Welcome home, Annie!

A very good build up and tense read. Love of dogs and people. Thought I was reading Nicholas Sparks. Background character descripters were believable and real to my experience. Appreciate that no bad language, and the right amount of restraint toward difficult people. Medical scenerios accurate, I was right there in the moment. Couldn't put down till the finish!
Judy Churchill
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a simple, straightforward story of how a thirty pound dog spread love wherever she went. She eventually brought together two lonely people who were dealing with loss. Heartwarming and hopeful.
Alice Bye
Aaawww this was really cute! The only thing is I wish Dan and Andrea had more time together that
We read.
Debbie
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just a sweet, sweet love story!

Boy loses girl, Boy loses dog, Boy gets dog back, Boy gets girl!! Just a sweet wonderful story that will pull at your heartstrings....
Bertha Ivins
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a love story with a different twist it was an easy listen and upbeat for a hard day at work
Brandy Vicino
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An old fashioned story. Full of suspense, action and nail biting moments. Ending with....read and find out

Maka
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loooovely book :)
Virginia Campbell
This review for "Hello Love" by author Karen McQuestion was a hard one to write. A lot of good in this book, but also so much that I find troubling. More than a year after his wife Christine's death, Dan is still trying to cope with his loss. He and his daughter, Lindsay, have each other and their little dog, Anni, for support and comfort. One day, Anni is stolen from in front of their house by a bunch of rough punks--"frat boys". As the weeks go by, Lindsay continues a hopeful search, but Dan b ...more
Amy
4.5 rounded down because it was a bit weighty in mundane details at the halfway point

Serendipity; that's what this book should've been called.

The book opens with Annie, a little dachshund mix, waiting patiently by her front door. We're then introduced to her owner, Dan, a widower still in mourning, and learn that sweet little Anni's been waiting for someone who'll never walk through the door again and how much Dan loves and depends on her to keep his grief from overwhelming him. I was in tears.
Sierra
  • I'm Listening With a Broken Ear
  • Almost Perfect
  • Rescue Me, Maybe
  • All That Ails You: The Adventures of a Canine Caregiver
  • My Life with Snoopy: How One Shelter Dog's Love Changed a Man's Life and Other Tails of Adventure
  • Comet's Tale: How the Dog I Rescued Saved My Life
  • Dancing Dogs: Stories
  • Pupcakes
  • A Prince Among Dogs: and Other Stories of the Dogs We Love
  • Katie Up and Down the Hall: The True Story of How One Dog Turned Five Neighbors into a Family
  • The Dog Who Danced
  • Rex and the City: A Memoir of a Woman, a Man and the Rescue Dog Who Rescued Their Relationship
  • Tony's Haven (Sherman Family #2)
  • Missing (Colby Agency, #43)
  • Real Women Don't Wear Size 2
  • Burnt Road (Scorch #4)
  • Free to a Good Home
  • Dogs I Have Met: And the People They Found
Karen McQuestion is the bestselling author of books for all ages. Some of her titles include Hello Love, Life on Hold, The Long Way Home, and the Edgewood series. Her publishing story has been covered by the Wall Street Journal, Entertainment Weekly, and NPR. She has also appeared on ABC’s World News Now and America This Morning. McQuestion lives in Hartland, Wisconsin.

Her website:www.karenmcquest
“Say you’re at home and you want something, like a book, so you go online and order it from Amazon. Two days later, the book you ordered is in a box on your front porch. What if you’d just thought, ‘I wish I had that book,’ but you didn’t do anything else? Would it be on your porch two days later?” A few ladies shook their heads. “No, it would not. Because you didn’t put in an order. Think of all the times you’ve said, ‘Why isn’t this happening for me?’ or ‘I want this,’ and nothing ever changes. Without placing your order, you’re just saying words that circle in the air.” 2 likes
“Think about where you’d like to be a year from now and use every bit of your imagination to visualize it. You’ll need to do this with a serious intent if you want to make your wishes your reality.” 2 likes