Start by marking “The Ultimate Playboy” as Want to Read:
The Ultimate Playboy

The Ultimate Playboy (21st Century Gentleman's Club #1)

3.4  ·  Rating details ·  149 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
A virgin in the lion's den...

Tonight at the gaming tables of the impossibly exclusive gentleman's club Q Virtus ruthless billionaire Narciso Valentino is finally about to destroy his enemy. But one look at the club's curvaceous hostess assigned to see to his every need and he's willing to delay the moment of satisfaction--for another kind altogether....

Talented chef Ruby T
ebook, Harlequin Presents, 192 pages
Published July 1st 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Ultimate Playboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ultimate Playboy

Alex is The Romance Fox
The first book in The 21st Century Gentleman’s Club Mini-Series – 3 interlinked stories of three powerful, rich and passionate friends, set in exotic and fabulous locations, written by 3 Mills & Boon authors.
 photo images1_zps80294044.jpg
Q Virtus, the most secret and exclusive club, where only the invited members of power and wealth meet to network and play. A private world of money and pleasure.
Narciso Valentino, a rich and powerful playboy has accepted the invitation to the club’s quarterly conference being held in
Dianna

Chef and budding restaurant owner Ruby is stalking sexy media billionaire Narciso. One of his companies ran a televised cooking competition, Ruby won, and she can’t get anyone to pay up. She needs the money. Her business partner and almost lover turned out to be married with a baby on the way, and when she ditched him he sold her out to a loan shark.

Narciso isn’t all that difficult to track down, but Ruby just misses him when she turns up at a swish nightclub. She’s just in time to see him squee
Caro
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans de los oldies Harlequin. Los nuevos, algunos, apestan.
Me encantó esta novelita. Le pongo cinco estrellas porque, a pesar de ser una Harlequin, es todo lo que espero en las novelas románticas que leo: pasar tan buen momento entretenida que no quería terminarla.
Los personajes me hicieron pensar en los primeros libros de Lynne Graham, esos que me encantaban y que aun hoy releo. Tienen una química impresionante y se ven tan, tan bien juntos~No hay hijos jodiendo para hacer un buen epílogo, es una lectura fresca y novedosa en cuanto a playboys y no le e
Esther
I thought it was pretty good. I enjoyed their relationship and how it evolved. They definetaly had chemistry for sure nod it was a hot read.
Jenny
Hero was a very sexy man and heroine warm and strong. Enjoyable read.
Rgreader
The Ultimate Playboy is one of those rare HPs where the focus stays on building the story and what a compelling romance that was built.

What I liked- the story. Hero and heroine both had parental issues. This story dealt with it and their slow burn romance. The romance. I liked the instalust and also I liked they didn't have instasex too early. The hero. I loved how he handled the heroine. He didn't let her tendency to argue take away his manly bits. He was wealthy, powerful and badass alpha. The
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This follows the lines of a traditional Mills&Boon although the author adds in a bit of a modern twist by having Ruby's parents be stars of a Reality Show and Ruby herself entering a Reality TV show to win money to set herself up with a Restaurant (her and her parents are Chefs).

Ruby has to track Narciso down as the TV show went back on their word. The initial interactions with Narciso and Ruby were good and quite witty. Then we learn they both have 'Daddy' issues. Narciso's in particular se
Ada
Dec 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lupita Figueroa BookLoverRomantic
Una historia de amor instantáneo pero atrapa y entretiene bastante, con tórridas escenas sensuales. No es la gran cosa, pero la disfruté.
Danielle
San
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Wal-Mart inspi"
solo porque compre el libro, la portada llamo mi atención en la fila del super...
valió la pena, es como esas historias Cinderella...
pero quiero los que siguen
Narciso de la portada es muy atractivo.
La historia es la típica ~chica virgen persiguiendo sus sueños, se topa con el multimillonario joven -ademas de atormentado y despiadado... se enamora de la inocencia de la chica virgen -sexo de por medio- la ayuda con su sueño y terminan siendo felices. FIN~
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Paige‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

2 STARS

Review copy provided for an honest review

I love the premise of the book but this fell a bit short for me.
I had a hard time getting into the book and subsequently finishing it. I didn’t feel a connection between Ruby and Narcisco. They played the cat and mouse game a bit to long. Then it was a race to the end.
I didn’t see the player in Narcisco. He didn’t flaunt his conquests. He was rather tame when it came to womanizing.
I understand t
IamGamz
A quick easy Harlequin read. I liked Ruby. She's a budding chef who won a cooking reality show with a prize of her own restaurant. When the show reneges, she's forced to track down the company's owner for help.

Narcisco, the owner, is a complete overbearing alpha male. He and Ruby bump heads from the first. She's sassy and doesn't take any of his crap. All she wants is what the show promised her. But that is not all she gets.

The Ultimate Playboy was an enjoyable read. There are 2 more books in
♔ Marli ♔
Narciso and Ruby... 3.5 sexy stars!

Some twists and turns, witty dialogue and loads of obstacles that keeps these two going hot and cold, yes and no…....

The unusual misunderstanding that causes them to part was a bit unbelievable to me and the ending felt rushed? I expected so much more..

What I CAN say though is that the intimate scenes were hot and well written.
Meagan Catherine
I feel like this book had so much potential for greatness but it just fell short. The initial interactions between Ruby & Narciso at club Q Virtus was really great, but I feel like after that it sort of went down hill. Both Ruby & Narciso were constantly running hot then cold & I found it kind of annoying. Maybe I went into it with too high of expectations, but I found myself disappointed.

Harlequin Books
"Blake’s romance between this implausible couple is mystifying and exciting. The chemistry between her vengeful, überplayboy hero and her innocent, mistrusting heroine is palpable. The ultra-lavishness fits, the lovemaking is fiery and the honest dialogue between the couple is tangible" (RT Book Reviews). 4 1/2 stars

Miniseries: The 21st Century Gentleman's Club
Arshia
May 15, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story started off great but then just kind of fizzled off. The ending and climax were very predictable, and that was disappointing because Narciso and Ruby's relationship war pretty strong until the end. For some reason they both started pulling away.
Tilda
Was it just 192 pages long?...(deep sigh) Because it felt much much longer and endless.
So long, so tedious...I got real tired reading it
I hope this is not the author's usual writing style, otherwise I'll have to consider ignoring her at all in the future.
❤Sana❤
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mills-boon
That was a very very good read. What I really loved about the hero is the total change of his feeling when he fell in love he could no longer hate his father... That's one of love beauties and magic
This is my second book of Maya Blake and she proves to be a great writer
Ellen Castillo
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the story especially the emotions shown by the narciso and ruby.
Harlequin Books
received 4 1/2 stars @ RT Book Reviews
Miniseries: The 21st Century Gentleman's Club
Anam
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
Not bad for a quick, light read. Utterly unbelievable at some points though. Both the MCs were not memorable at all and the ending was definitely too abrupt.
Loz
Kimber Buelow
Apr 21, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation
  • One Night to Risk It All (Holt Sisters, #2)
  • A Debt Paid in Passion
  • Never Say No to a Caffarelli (Those Scandalous Caffarellis, #1)
  • A Queen for the Taking? (The Diomedi Heirs, #3)
  • Blackmailed Bride, Inexperienced Wife (Innocent Wives #3)
  • The Consequences of That Night (At His Service, #6)
  • His for a Price
  • A Reputation to Uphold
  • Breaking the Sheikh's Rules
  • The Dimitrakos Proposition
  • Million Dollar Christmas Proposal
  • Lost to the Desert Warrior (The Private Lives of Public Playboys #3)
  • Bought for Her Innocence (Greek Tycoons Tamed #2)
  • The Magnate's Manifesto
  • Innocent in the Ivory Tower

21st Century Gentleman's Club (3 books)
  • The Ultimate Seduction (21st Century Gentleman's Club #2)
  • The Ultimate Revenge (21st Century Gentleman's Club #3)