Start by marking “Adam's List (NYC Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Adam's List (NYC Love, #1)

Adam's List

(NYC Love #1)

It all started with an innocent bucket list. She wasn't prepared for it to end with a broken heart.

Jewels was naturally beautiful, exceptionally smart, a talented cheerleader, life of the party, and had an All-American boyfriend.

One regrettable choice and fatal accident later, and she found herself unceremoniously knocked off her pedestal. Now she’s in college, going throu
Published June 17th 2014 by Treetop Fantasies

To ask other readers questions about Adam's List, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adam's List

Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
Adam's List is fascinating and stirring at the same time, with focus on love and survival. Jewels Peterson was battling depression after an unfortunate event happened to her boyfriend. For Jewels, she can only survive by taking drugs to conquer her inner demons. Adam Murphy came along one night while she was drinking booze and her bestfriend was nowhere to be found. A few conversations later, the two strangers ventured on a road trip that would fulfill Adam's bucket list. A mission Jewels would ...more
Rhea Dsouza
I feel like I’m in a book slump right now. I crave a good romantic read and nothing, nothing I’ve read in the past few weeks classifies as a Good Romantic Read.

Sadly, Adam’s List is just another book that’s left me hanging in there.

The writing in this book is good. I liked the author’s writing and I can honestly believe that she tried her level best but it just didn’t work for me. Here’s why:

I didn’t like Jewels. If you read the premise of the story then you know that Adam’s List is about a road
Corrie
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Adam's List is the first book by new Adult Romance Novelist Jennifer Ann and it delivers in the romance department!

This book kept me reading from beginning to end and I was never bored.

Jennifer Ann does a great job creating realistic characters that you easily relate to and become attached. I was rooting for Jewels and Adam the whole time.

I was able to laugh, cry, be angry and many more emotions throughout the entire book!

Super excited for whatever Jennifer Ann comes up with next, hopefully a
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
I receive this book in exchange for a honest review.

It's been a while since I read a NA book so when the opportunity to review one presented it self, I jumped on the ship.

Adam's List was an interesting story, despite some of it's problems. Adam and Jewel are two damaged people who meet at a college party and become unlikely friends. Adam is on a mission to live a fuller life after his friends death, so he want's to go and experience places he probably wouldn't have otherwise. He invited Jewel to
Suzanne
Aug 25, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review
20-year old Jewels meets 21-year old college drop-out Adam Murphy on the campus of the school he no longer attends. Things are not going so well for Jewels, but in Adam, she finds a friend. Adam hasn’t seen much of the country and the two talk of things he should do. Because of Jewel’s quirky, fun personality, Adam invites her on his road trip. The two dance around a friendship for the first half of the book, until Jewels takes matters into her own hands.

It had a bit of slow start, but when the
Tara Broadwater
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
♥Seriously, this is my first Jennifer Ann novel and I am completely blown away! To say that she has impeccable talent is an understatement, she's a literary GODDESS! I purchased this book on its release day and started it late late last night and finished it at about ten this morning! I couldn't put it down. There are so many things I could ramble on about that made it such a great read: The storyline is natural, it was not forced or hard to follow whatsoever. Its like you are being thrown into ...more
Amber
Jun 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, review, arc
I've read other books by Jenn and she never ceases to amaze me with her writing. The detail and emotions that are brought out with Adam's List keep you on your toes and wanting more. The main characters and their instant connection makes you swoon. I loved that the rules seemed to be reverse from the normal romance books, I wont go into detail on how their reverse as I dont want to giveaway any spoilers. Let's just say both Adam and Jewels have been dealt a not so pretty card when it comes to li ...more
BookLover
Sep 18, 2014 rated it liked it
As much as I'd like to say I loved this book, there is just something that didn't quite connect with me all the way through. I liked it (certain parts quite a bit actually) but as I kept reading, I think when things turned dire, I felt there should have been more details given in certain situations and I felt it was a bit rushed. I was confused at times where it just jumped to days later…I was like, "what just happened"?? when I wanted to know more right where I was at.

I thought Jewels and Adam
Kaitlyn Stone
Jun 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars.

I rarely give 5 stars, but this book comes close. It just checked all the boxes for me.

This is my first experience with Jennifer's work, and her years of experience shine with writing that pulls you into the scene.

The passion is palpable and drives the story forward, making you crave more of the characters' interaction. I almost wish she strung it out longer.

She has a new fan.
Fran Hansen
Jul 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book free through Goodreads and was very impressed. It's a roller coaster of emotion which Jennifer brings out so well with both of the characters that you feel like you're experiencing the story yourself. I thought is was well written and I would enjoy other of her books. I recommend it to be added to your "to read" list!
Shannon
Jul 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
4-4.5 I love Adam stars ******I love when I stumble across a book in the "explore" section of Goodreads. I was sold on the synopsis and knew I must read. Let me say I'm beyond thrilled with this story. Was unique to the way story unfolds and suspense in what lies ahead for the books hero and heroine. Put on your TBR. Great summer read!
Stacy Haase
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness this book was great. It had me hooked within the first few pages and then I just needed to read the whole thing right away. I was taken through a roller coaster of emotions with the characters. I loved it and want MORE!!!!!
Kim
Jun 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book and the characters! Definitely on my 'TBR again' list.
Patty T
Sep 11, 2014 rated it liked it
**was given a free copy for an honest review.

This book reminded me so much of the Edge of Never. There are so many glaring similarities. The two conflicted main characters, both holding deep secrets. The plot centered around a trip and the idea of completing a bucket list...depression, illness, estrangement from family. The list goes on, but I don't want to add spoilers...especially because Edge of Never is just a spectacular book.

I really wanted to love Adam's list...and with it, Jewels and A
Barb
Sep 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
****I received a copy of this book for an honest review****

I would have to say this is a solid 4**** review. I really liked the story of Adam and Jewels.

Jewels is a girl that has a past that haunts her and she is punishing herself for a mistake that she made in the past. She feels that she doesn't deserve to have happiness in her life for what she feels caused such sorrow in so many others lives, due to her own selfish behavior.

Adam is a dream guy. It is like he dropped down from heaven. He is
Jennifer Denson
Sep 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Adam's List is the first book I have ever read by Jennifer Ann (AKA Jennifer Naumann). It centers around a college student named Jewels. In high school, Jewels was the stereotypical blonde cheerleader dating her beloved football player. When their relationship meets with disaster, Jewels finds herself at college and deep in depression. As Jewels struggles to live a normal life, she meets a boy named Adam and a they become quick friends.

I always love a tormented main character and Adam's List ga
sue
Jun 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-tours
I must say, when I agreed to read this book for a blog tour, I am not much into books like this, but I think this book has persuaded me to look into the romance side a bit deeper and select books like this that keep you on the edge of your seat, full on emotions and HOT HOT HOT.

I felt so sorry for Jewels, she went through some things that girl and suffering from depression is not good, hiding it with a flippant attitude, sarcasm and booze is not the way to go, she soon see's this for herself wh
Catherine Arnaud
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great book! Incredible characters and story!
This book captivated me until the end, iI can't stop reading!
This is a emotional story that starts for real in the moment that Adam met Jewels. They bond immediately. Together they cultivate a beautiful friendship that later will grow in a deep love.
But Jewls has her insecurities thanks for a troubled past and Adam has a secret, which can be the final point Of their relationship. Will Jewels be able to forgive and help Adam to Go through it?
Don't miss
Leesa Bow
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Adam's List is one of my favourite reads for 2014. The characters and their problems are believable and induce emotion, especially to Adam's secret problem. I adore Jewels, and I love the way she reacts to the hurdles in life. Adam, well Jen did such a wonderful job making him swoonworthy and every girl's dream guy. A great read and I look forward to reading Jen's next book- 'Kelly's Quest'.
Kim Winkelmann
Amazing!

I loved this book! I was so into it I had to read it in one sitting!!!! I had an inkling the things that transpired were coming but it didn't take away from the book. Such a beautiful romance. I have never read and books by this author before but now I am definitely checking her other titles out. What a great read...wow. I just can get over it!
Sydney Michelle
Jun 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Amazing story with great characters. Adam and Jewel's story was raw and real. The main secret was completely unexpected. It made for an interesting and unique new adult Romance.
Maureen
What a beautiful story! I have too many emotions about this book, I don't know where to begin. Truly a wonderful story!
Tracy (Cornerfolds)
Adam's List actually caught my eye because of the description and NOT the cover. If you've been following my blog for anytime at all, then you should know how incredibly rare that is. While the cover is alright... I mean, it's not great. Anyway, none of that is terribly important as far as this review is concerned. Just thought I'd throw it out there. I had never read anything by Jennifer Ann (a.k.a. Jen Naumann) and after reading this book I'm honestly on the fence about reading anything else o ...more
Esther Giró
May 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Buff...
Jena
Sep 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was given this book for an honest review.

I gave it a 3.75. It wasn't quite a 4 for me, but better than a 3.5.

I liked this book a lot. I liked the story concept and how it was written. It definitely took us on a long journey that I enjoyed reading.

In this story we learn about Jewels meeting Adam and watch their realtionship grow. When she meets Adam she is slightly involved with someone, but we soon realize that it is nothing more than sex. It's an interesting beginning because we kind of on
Trina
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Received a copy in exchange for an honest review

This is the story of Jewels Patterson a college students who has changed significantly from how she was in high school. In high school she was a bubbly cheerleader who dated the quarterback of the football team. She changes after making a mistake resulting in her breaking up with her boyfriend who joined the military after high school. What happens after results in her sinking into depression and vowing not to be in a serious relationship again. Je
M.M. Jaye
Jewels made a drunken mistake in her late teens, and when tragedy struck, she let guilt eat her alive. The vicious depression cycle she rode took her from days on end curled up in bed when she was "down" to crazy frat partying when she was "up". And then she met Adam.

Sweet, handsome, supporting Adam with the infectuous laugh snuck right into Jewels' heart and set camp for life. But when she disentangles herself from her messy life to attach to him, he drops the bomb. Two bombs actually: he has a
Babel
Aug 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I think this novel is poignant, romantic, real and beautiful, and also touches on a very delicate subject that doesn't have a happy, easy solution. Everyone looking for meaningful, emotional love stories should read this one.

In a nutshell: two young people who harbour guilt and secrets that prevent them from surrendering to the love that is growing between them.

What's new? The author's voice kept me entertained thanks to very lively dialogues, a pain that runs deep and irreversible in the charac
Farida
Adam's List is a NA Adult novel, with Jewels and Adam going on a journey together to find themselves. Jewels is still hung over her ex-boyfriend, carrying around the guilt of his (view spoiler) on her shoulders. She drinks, she has a fuck buddy, shes miserable. She meets Adam at a party and they hit it off right away with their quirky humor and sarcasm.

What I liked

- The maturity of the characters. Jewels was always upfront with Adam regarding her feelings. When they had an
Hayley Whitehouse
Sep 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
She's ready to give up on life, hiding her depression with sarcasm and booze. He's got a secret and quit college, with few friends to lean on. When they discover each other, the sexual attraction is undeniable. So why does it seem impossible for them to be together?

This is the first book I have read from this author, and I was blown away. Just WOW!! The range of emotions that I experienced in this book was unreal, I was happy, angry, sad, excited and sometimes agitated. I could imagine myself sp
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please update series covers 2 18 Aug 02, 2018 06:37AM

• Repossession (Keepers, #1)
  • Shameless
  • Escaping Shadows (Shadow World, #2)
  • Happily Ever Afterlife
  • The Garden of Eden (The Eden Chronicles #1)
  • Dressed in White
  • Crimson Flames
  • Finding North (Naive Mistakes, #1)
  • Evil of Love
  • Driving Layne (Unspoken Truth, #1)
  • Player
  • Iridescent (Ember, #2)
  • Found in You (Lost and Found Series, #1)
  • Rock n Roll Promises (Rock n Roll Paraphantasy, #1)
  • Forget Me Not (Flowering, #1.1)
  • Broken Promise (The Broken Ones, #3)
  • Falling Hard
  • When Silver Moons Rise (Lost Immortals, #2)
Jennifer Ann is an award-winning and bestselling author of contemporary romance and romantic suspense with darkly complex plots. Much like her characters, she's in love with the city of New York, trips on airplanes or the back of her husband's Harley, and everything rock and roll.

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/AuthorJennif...
Pinterest: https://www.Pinterest.com/AuthorJenni...

Jennifer also write

NYC Love (3 books)
  • Kelly's Quest (NYC Love, #2)
  • Chloe's Dream (NYC Love, #3)
“We’ve entered dangerous territory. You can’t kiss someone with so much emotion if you’re preparing to walk away. Alarms ring through my head, too loud and too obvious to be ignored. There are way too many complex emotions being passed between us. I already know he’s going to shatter my heart.” 2 likes
“Here’s the thing about falling for someone who’s already given up; there’s no promise of tomorrow. There aren’t any words of comfort that can be said, no glimpse of a positive change. Every moment, every thought could be their last. It’s like you’re helplessly walking into quicksand, waiting for the muck to cover your mouth and eyes until you can no longer find a way to breathe. No, it’s more like jumping from a high bridge without the promise of water underneath.

And I fucking hate heights.”
2 likes