Start by marking “An Improper Proposition” as Want to Read:

(Improper Liaisons #1)

Fraternizing with one’s footman—no matter how young and handsome he is—is not the done thing. But Lady Wells is going to do it anyway…

Bianca, The Dowager Countess of Wells, secretly lusts after her much younger, rakishly handsome footman Harry Blake. Even though he has been in her employ for six months, she has not succumbed to her indecorous urges to take him as a lover…
ebook
Published April 15th 2014 by Steam eReads (first published April 13th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about An Improper Proposition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Improper Proposition

Start your review of An Improper Proposition
Elaine
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindlefire, regency
This was a really quick read. Lots of steamy hot sex. 4☆
Dottie
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm fairly familiar with work from this author, having read both a short Christmas story (All She Wants for Christmas) and a full length novel (The Master of Strathburn) from her. Both are great BTW! Amy Rose Bennett has a very distinct style of writing that can only be described as phenomenal, it leaves you a little weak in the knees! BUT, if you aren't a fan of the steamier historical romance then this is probably not your cup of tea...
Turn back now!

You've been warned!

Our story takes place in
ρυηүα [Punya Reviews...]
As always, very good writing. An interesting premise with older woman, younger man theme; just too short, which is why the relationship between Bianca, a widowed countess and Blake, her footman, seemed rushed. I would've loved more scenes between them. Would've been good to read them overcoming the social stigma that was sure to have followed once their relationship (as was hinted at the end) became known to the Ton.
Nicole Laverdure
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Charming 4.5 stars
Beautiful chemistry between Bianca and Harry! This short novella was hot and sexy! Amy Rose Bennett is a new-to-me author and I'm glad she sent me her charming story An Improper Proposition! It was fun to read!
Tanya
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've been waiting not so patiently for this book and certainly wasn't disappointed! I expected a little bit of romance but it was a whole lot spicier than that! Improbable, so very improper and most definitely impossible to put down!
Tamara Martin
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulously naughty

This was a fabulously saucy, sexy treat. Such a fun,naughty story that didn't disappoint on character or plot. Shall be keeping an eye out for more from this author.
Cassandra Samuels
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A great short and saucy read. Perfect for lazy Sunday afternoon or night for that matter. I can't wait to read more from this author.
Kat Ryker
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to say that this is the first book I believe I've ever read of Amy Rose Bennett's. A group of steamy, historical authors are responsible for introducing me to her writing - thank you Harlots! Now, let's get down to the business of the review.

This novella is lusciously steamy - deliciously so. You will never hear me complain when an author calls her works steamy, or smutty, or erotica, and DELIVERS the goods. I love erotica, and this is wonderful, and sexy, and attention-grabbing.

Probably
Peggy M
4,5 stars

‘An improper proposition’ is novella length historical romance story. The writer is new to me but when I read the blurb of the book, I was immensely intrigued and happily surprised by the fact that the story was about a lady and her footman. Because to be honest I haven’t read many historical books where the man is in a lower position then the woman. It’s usually the other way around. So I love it that here it was reversed! And the fact that Blake was a few years younger also appealed t
Bridget Lewis
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lust to love

Bianca is infatuated with her Forman Harry! Harry has been fantasizing about his employer Bianca! This is a really short novella! Lots of steamy sex scenes no real dialogue that's makes sense! I have read hundreds of Victorian romances and this plot makes little sense! I skipped most of the pages! I rated it 4 /5 due to my love for the author!!!!
Sieravonne
This novella is more on erotica, at least 75% of the story is on their act. And for someone's sexual education was lacking, Bianca was sure good in fellatio.

I really dislike the f-word. It's so crude that I feel like only non-civilized, unrefined people use them. There are other words like shag, tup and tumble. Why not use them?
Sherry Westendorf
Great story. There are do's and don'ts in society but the heart doesn't always mind. It is exciting, emotional, intriguing, dramatic and much more. Love this author's writing. Very well written. I received a review copy and voluntarily review it.
Julie Midnight
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a sucker for this kind of dynamic, and wasn't disappointed. It's a sweet and sexy story, the kind that leaves you smiling afterwards, and my one complaint is that the pacing felt rushed at times.
Pam  Bereznak
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
super quick read...finished it in 2 hours but so yummy. loved the story line.
i read Amy Rose awhile back but didn't remember the stories or characters so downloaded a few more of her books. So glad I did.
SuzyHD
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Short Treat

A wonderfully written sexually arousing romantic relationship between Lady Wells and her footman. An hour or so of delightful entertaining reading.
Emma Braden
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great!

This author is a great storyteller. I highly recommend her. Great characters, story, and she has very good writing skills. Captures and holds your attention.
Ann Brown
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick and steamy

A wonderful, naughty story with great characters. Very entertaining and beautifully written. A terrific novella that was a delight to read.
Books2lovenow
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Sexy Short Read!

Such a great little story. It's quick, sexy, and compelling. Bianca and Harry Blake are great characters. Great start to a series.
Mary
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sexy, steamy, and HOT times.
Robby Dennis
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pamela
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An Improper Proposition

This was amazing the characters were amazing and I enjoyed reading this book very much so exciting with lot's of love and sex.Thank you
Connie
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lincolnshire England - 1818

Bianca, The Dowager Countess of Wells, has just fought off an attacker with the help of her footman, Harry Blake. She is spending the night at an Inn as she is traveling back home after staying for some time with her friend, Lady Jameson. Blake is very solicitous of her as he helps her to her room. An extremely attractive young man, Bianca knows she should send him on to his own room. But instead, he stays to stoke the fire in her room and accepts a glass of sherry fro
Aleen ~Lampshade Reader
I don't wear reading glasses, but if I were, they would have totally fogged up. This was such a steamy, sexy story, that I felt that my husband could actually tell I was reading a naughty story.

The story focuses on a widowed Countess, Bianca, starved of love and excitement. She finds herself extremely attracted to her footman, Harry Blake. Throwing caution to the wind she presents him with a proposition. A one night stand.

Bianca has her doubts though and it shows in her thinking.

"Oh, Bianca. Wha
Evelyn Nathalia
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
If you're looking for a short and steamy read, this is the perfect book!

"He really was too handsome to be her footman."

An Improper Proposition is a story about the widowed Countess of Wells that secretly wanted her footman for six months since he was under her employ. Harry Blake was the epitome of a perfect footman. And one night, she did not care about scandal and offer Blake to be her lover.

"He just hoped he could put a smile on her face."

Bianca was lonely and she craved of companion so she d
Teri Donaldson
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Whew! This book was hot, hot, hot!
While short in words (it's a novella), they convey Bianca, the widowed Countess of Wells, lusty relationship with her footman, Harry Blake.
I liked that Bianca through caution to the wind and offered Harry that improper proposition. Happiness and love should win every time!
Kathleen Ruggio
Jan 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sassy and Sexy

A cute story with some very hot connections. It's fun to note that a footman is not always JUST a footman when it comes to someone you love.
Barbara Xedos
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An Improper Proposition

Here is another wonderful story by Amy Rose Bennett. The only problem with this book is that it is to short.
Brittany
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historicals, erotic
This was a short, hot and steamy read. It was fast as well. I could have used more story and I would have loved to know what happened to the pair. I felt kind of shorted by the ending.
Mandy Halliburton
Apr 28, 2018
john williams
Jun 16, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Wagered in Winter
  • To Bedevil a Duke (Lords of London #1)
  • Wedded in Winter (The Wicked Winters Book 2)
  • The Vixen (Wicked Wallflowers, #2)
  • Wild in Winter (The Wicked Winters Book 6)
  • The Bluestocking (Wicked Wallflowers, #4)
  • One Winter's Night
  • A Rake in Winter
  • Making of a Scandal (The Gentleman Courtesans Book 3)
  • The Spitfire (Wicked Wallflowers, #5)
  • Dark Prince
  • Never Tempt a Scot (The League of Rogues #12)
  • The Weary Heart (Unmarriageable, #5)
  • The Chance of Love (The Book of Love 7)
  • Deception and Desire (MacNaughton Castle Romance, #1)
  • Her Savage Duke (Historical Victorian Taboo Erotic Romance)
  • Seduced Under the Mistletoe: 16 Passionate Historical Romances Christmas Anthology
  • To Heal an Earl (Soldiers & Soulmates #1)
Amy Rose Bennett has always wanted to be a writer for as long as she can remember. An avid reader with a particular love for historical romance, it seemed only natural to write stories in her favourite genre. She has a passion for creating emotion-packed—and sometimes a little racy—stories set in the Georgian and Regency periods. Of course, her strong-willed heroines and rakish heroes always find ...more

Improper Liaisons (3 books)
  • An Improper Governess (Improper Liaisons, #2)
  • An Improper Christmas (Improper Liaisons #3)

News & Interviews