Start by marking “An Improper Proposition” as Want to Read:

(Improper Liaisons #1)

Fraternizing with one’s footman—no matter how young and handsome he is—is not the done thing. But Lady Wells is going to do it anyway…

Bianca, The Dowager Countess of Wells, secretly lusts after her much younger, rakishly handsome footman Harry Blake. Even though he has been in her employ for six months, she has not succumbed to her indecorous urges to take him as a lover…
ebook
Published April 15th 2014 by Steam eReads (first published April 13th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about An Improper Proposition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Improper Proposition

Start your review of An Improper Proposition
Rainelle
May 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An Improper Proposition, by Amy Rose Bennett. Whew! Could this book get any hotter. The wicked temptation of a wanton escape, was to much to bare as Bianca lust after her masculine, hard muscled Footman. Harry and Bianca had my a little hot under the collar and not in the bad way.
These two bought a spicy seductive dance between the sheets. I loved every minute of it. I may have the strong desire to go out and hire my own Footman. The exquisite sexual charge dance Bianca and Harry played definit
ChasingLeslie
Dec 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bianca, widowed Countess of Wells, secretly lusts after her young, handsome footman Harry Blake. One wicked night at an isolated inn, she throws caution to the wind and makes Blake an improper proposition.

This is an incredibly short novella, so there isn’t much time for relationship-building. I went in expecting a quick, sexy romp and that’s what I got. The HEA is definitely rushed...it would have been better with more pages on the back end.

Tropes: Widow, Class Difference, Forced Proximity, One
Shelves: kindlefire, regency
This was a really quick read. Lots of steamy hot sex. 4☆
Lisa C
May 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story of forbidden fruit too tempting to deny. Bianca, the Countess of Wells, has noticed her new footman, but knows its not proper to do anything about it. Harry Blake has certainly noticed his employer, but also knows it is not proper. But impropriety be damned, they cannot deny their feelings. Very steamy, novella length story that will have you enthralled from start to finish.
Dottie
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm fairly familiar with work from this author, having read both a short Christmas story (All She Wants for Christmas) and a full length novel (The Master of Strathburn) from her. Both are great BTW! Amy Rose Bennett has a very distinct style of writing that can only be described as phenomenal, it leaves you a little weak in the knees! BUT, if you aren't a fan of the steamier historical romance then this is probably not your cup of tea...
Turn back now!

You've been warned!

Our story takes place in
ρυηүα [Punya Reviews...]
As always, very good writing. An interesting premise with older woman, younger man theme; just too short, which is why the relationship between Bianca, a widowed countess and Blake, her footman, seemed rushed. I would've loved more scenes between them. Would've been good to read them overcoming the social stigma that was sure to have followed once their relationship (as was hinted at the end) became known to the Ton. ...more
Sieravonne
This novella is more on erotica, at least 75% of the story is on their act. And for someone's sexual education was lacking, Bianca was sure good in fellatio.

I really dislike the f-word. It's so crude that I feel like only non-civilized, unrefined people use them. There are other words like shag, tup and tumble. Why not use them?
Tanya
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've been waiting not so patiently for this book and certainly wasn't disappointed! I expected a little bit of romance but it was a whole lot spicier than that! Improbable, so very improper and most definitely impossible to put down! ...more
Tamara Martin
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulously naughty

This was a fabulously saucy, sexy treat. Such a fun,naughty story that didn't disappoint on character or plot. Shall be keeping an eye out for more from this author.
Nicole Laverdure
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Charming 4.5 stars
Beautiful chemistry between Bianca and Harry! This short novella was hot and sexy! Amy Rose Bennett is a new-to-me author and I'm glad she sent me her charming story An Improper Proposition! It was fun to read!
Cassandra Samuels
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A great short and saucy read. Perfect for lazy Sunday afternoon or night for that matter. I can't wait to read more from this author. ...more
Kat Ryker
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to say that this is the first book I believe I've ever read of Amy Rose Bennett's. A group of steamy, historical authors are responsible for introducing me to her writing - thank you Harlots! Now, let's get down to the business of the review.

This novella is lusciously steamy - deliciously so. You will never hear me complain when an author calls her works steamy, or smutty, or erotica, and DELIVERS the goods. I love erotica, and this is wonderful, and sexy, and attention-grabbing.

Probably
Manalye
This book (novella? I don't know, it's rather short) is spicy from page one. And that's pretty much all there is to the story. I've read my fair share of spice, but I'm not sure I've ever wandered into erotica-land so I'm trying to keep an open mind.

So, definitely lots of spice. There's some romance and HEA as well, but it maybe feels a little rushed. I think I would have been happy with a HFN ending. With the length of the book, there's not quite enough time for a believable HEA.

Also, that's pr
Michelle Louise
Steamy novella

Widowed Countess, Bianca, has long lusted after one of her foot man, Harry Blake. After an altercation at an inn, Bianca decides to give into temptation and proposes that Blake make love to her. But only for one night. One night of passion and then things must go back to the way they are. But will one night be enough?

This 65 page novella is mostly sex. It is very much an erotic historical romance. The attraction and relationship isn’t really explored. Instead, it’s mostly about p
Peggy M
4,5 stars

‘An improper proposition’ is novella length historical romance story. The writer is new to me but when I read the blurb of the book, I was immensely intrigued and happily surprised by the fact that the story was about a lady and her footman. Because to be honest I haven’t read many historical books where the man is in a lower position then the woman. It’s usually the other way around. So I love it that here it was reversed! And the fact that Blake was a few years younger also appealed t
Zena
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bianca and Harry's Dilemma!
What do you do if you are a widowed Countess and have fallen in love with your Footman who is the illegitimate son of a Governess and a Duke? The funny thing is that you don't know that he feels the same way about you.
Hands on or hands off?
It is nicely written and very easy to read, runs quickly from scene to scene, is of novella length, has some heat and two strangely paired characters who eventually learn how to say what is on their minds.
I enjoyed this story very mu
Bridget Lewis
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lust to love

Bianca is infatuated with her Forman Harry! Harry has been fantasizing about his employer Bianca! This is a really short novella! Lots of steamy sex scenes no real dialogue that's makes sense! I have read hundreds of Victorian romances and this plot makes little sense! I skipped most of the pages! I rated it 4 /5 due to my love for the author!!!!
Liz (ivegotyourpaperback)
3.75⭐️
(Rounded up)

This was a very enjoyable read. Short and steamy. I read the whole thing in one sitting.

It was only novella length which left me wishing it was a full novel. So now I need more books in my life where the hero is a footman/butler/valet who falls for the lady of the house. If you’ve got any recommendations, let me know.

There were a couple of times where the language seemed a little too 21st century and took me out of the story. But for the most part it was fine.
Sherry Westendorf
Great story. There are do's and don'ts in society but the heart doesn't always mind. It is exciting, emotional, intriguing, dramatic and much more. Love this author's writing. Very well written. I received a review copy and voluntarily review it. ...more
Pam  Bereznak
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
super quick read...finished it in 2 hours but so yummy. loved the story line.
i read Amy Rose awhile back but didn't remember the stories or characters so downloaded a few more of her books. So glad I did.
Deb
Jan 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Goodness. This book was quite enjoyable. Short, steamy and sweet. Happy that countess Bianca went after what she really wanted - The Footman Harry. Not to be missed if you like steamy short stories for a cold winter night!!
Tracey
Feb 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an entertaining, well-written, steamy historical romance novella. It has a beautiful, older countess, a young, handsome, hot, footman, sizzling chemistry, and a happily ever after ending. I am looking forward to reading the other entries in this series with great anticipation!
Robby Dennis
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pamela
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An Improper Proposition

This was amazing the characters were amazing and I enjoyed reading this book very much so exciting with lot's of love and sex.Thank you
SuzyHD
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Short Treat

A wonderfully written sexually arousing romantic relationship between Lady Wells and her footman. An hour or so of delightful entertaining reading.
Amelia  Badan
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great!

This author is a great storyteller. I highly recommend her. Great characters, story, and she has very good writing skills. Captures and holds your attention.
Ann Brown
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick and steamy

A wonderful, naughty story with great characters. Very entertaining and beautifully written. A terrific novella that was a delight to read.
Mary
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sexy, steamy, and HOT times.
Books2lovenow
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Sexy Short Read!

Such a great little story. It's quick, sexy, and compelling. Bianca and Harry Blake are great characters. Great start to a series.

• Duke I'd Like to F...
  • Lady Wicked (Notorious Ladies of London, #4)
  • The Rakehell of Roth (Everleigh Sisters, #2)
  • Have Yourself a Merry Little Scandal (Have Yourself a Merry Little... #2)
  • Theodora (Lady Archer's Creed, #1)
  • Courting Trouble (Goode Girls, #2)
  • Her Wicked Marquess (Sinful Wallflowers, #2)
  • Dancing With Danger (Goode Girls, #3)
  • Winter's Waltz (The Wicked Winters, #11)
  • The Unexpected Wife (The Three Mrs #1)
  • Scandalous Endeavors (Ladies and Scoundrels #1)
  • Philip's Rules (Bridal Discipline #1)
  • Wicked Torment (Regency Sinners, #1)
  • Duke of Renown (Dukes of Distinction #1)
  • Winter's Widow (The Wicked Winters, #12)
  • An Impetuous Interlude (A Fieldstones Adventure Book 1)
  • The Devil in Her Bed (Devil You Know, #3)
  • The Scandalous Diary of Lily Layton (Sweetest Taboo #3)
Amy Rose Bennett has always wanted to be a writer for as long as she can remember. An avid reader with a particular love for historical romance, it seemed only natural to write stories in her favourite genre. She has a passion for creating emotion-packed—and sometimes a little racy—stories set in the Georgian and Regency periods. Of course, her strong-willed heroines and rakish heroes always find ...more

Improper Liaisons (3 books)
  • An Improper Governess (Improper Liaisons, #2)
  • An Improper Christmas (Improper Liaisons #3)