Start by marking “An Improper Proposition” as Want to Read:

(Improper Liaisons #1)

Fraternizing with one’s footman—no matter how young and handsome he is—is not the done thing. But Lady Wells is going to do it anyway…

Bianca, The Dowager Countess of Wells, secretly lusts after her much younger, rakishly handsome footman Harry Blake. Even though he has been in her employ for six months, she has not succumbed to her indecorous urges to take him as a lover…
ebook
Published April 15th 2014 by Steam eReads (first published April 13th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about An Improper Proposition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Improper Proposition

Dottie
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm fairly familiar with work from this author, having read both a short Christmas story (All She Wants for Christmas) and a full length novel (The Master of Strathburn) from her. Both are great BTW! Amy Rose Bennett has a very distinct style of writing that can only be described as phenomenal, it leaves you a little weak in the knees! BUT, if you aren't a fan of the steamier historical romance then this is probably not your cup of tea...
Turn back now!

You've been warned!

Our story takes place in
[̲̅ρ̲̅υ̲̅и̲̅y̲̅α̲̅]
As always, very good writing. An interesting premise with older woman, younger man theme; just too short, which is why the relationship between Bianca, a widowed countess and Blake, her footman, seemed rushed. I would've loved more scenes between them. Would've been good to read them overcoming the social stigma that was sure to have followed once their relationship (as was hinted at the end) became known to the Ton.
Nicole Laverdure
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Charming 4.5 stars
Beautiful chemistry between Bianca and Harry! This short novella was hot and sexy! Amy Rose Bennett is a new-to-me author and I'm glad she sent me her charming story An Improper Proposition! It was fun to read!
Tanya
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've been waiting not so patiently for this book and certainly wasn't disappointed! I expected a little bit of romance but it was a whole lot spicier than that! Improbable, so very improper and most definitely impossible to put down!
Tamara Martin
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulously naughty

This was a fabulously saucy, sexy treat. Such a fun,naughty story that didn't disappoint on character or plot. Shall be keeping an eye out for more from this author.
Cassandra Samuels
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A great short and saucy read. Perfect for lazy Sunday afternoon or night for that matter. I can't wait to read more from this author.
Peggy M
4,5 stars

‘An improper proposition’ is novella length historical romance story. The writer is new to me but when I read the blurb of the book, I was immensely intrigued and happily surprised by the fact that the story was about a lady and her footman. Because to be honest I haven’t read many historical books where the man is in a lower position then the woman. It’s usually the other way around. So I love it that here it was reversed! And the fact that Blake was a few years younger also appealed t
Sieravonne
This novella is more on erotica, at least 75% of the story is on their act. And for someone's sexual education was lacking, Bianca was sure good in fellatio.

I really dislike the f-word. It's so crude that I feel like only non-civilized, unrefined people use them. There are other words like shag, tup and tumble. Why not use them?
Sherry Westendorf
Great story. There are do's and don'ts in society but the heart doesn't always mind. It is exciting, emotional, intriguing, dramatic and much more. Love this author's writing. Very well written. I received a review copy and voluntarily review it.
Julie Midnight
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a sucker for this kind of dynamic, and wasn't disappointed. It's a sweet and sexy story, the kind that leaves you smiling afterwards, and my one complaint is that the pacing felt rushed at times.
SuzyHD
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Short Treat

A wonderfully written sexually arousing romantic relationship between Lady Wells and her footman. An hour or so of delightful entertaining reading.
Robby Dennis
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pamela
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An Improper Proposition

This was amazing the characters were amazing and I enjoyed reading this book very much so exciting with lot's of love and sex.Thank you
Connie Fischer
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lincolnshire England - 1818

Bianca, The Dowager Countess of Wells, has just fought off an attacker with the help of her footman, Harry Blake. She is spending the night at an Inn as she is traveling back home after staying for some time with her friend, Lady Jameson. Blake is very solicitous of her as he helps her to her room. An extremely attractive young man, Bianca knows she should send him on to his own room. But instead, he stays to stoke the fire in her room and accepts a glass of sherry fro
Aleen ~Lampshade Reader
I don't wear reading glasses, but if I were, they would have totally fogged up. This was such a steamy, sexy story, that I felt that my husband could actually tell I was reading a naughty story.

The story focuses on a widowed Countess, Bianca, starved of love and excitement. She finds herself extremely attracted to her footman, Harry Blake. Throwing caution to the wind she presents him with a proposition. A one night stand.

Bianca has her doubts though and it shows in her thinking.

"Oh, Bianca. Wha
Evelyn Nathalia
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
If you're looking for a short and steamy read, this is the perfect book!

"He really was too handsome to be her footman."

An Improper Proposition is a story about the widowed Countess of Wells that secretly wanted her footman for six months since he was under her employ. Harry Blake was the epitome of a perfect footman. And one night, she did not care about scandal and offer Blake to be her lover.

"He just hoped he could put a smile on her face."

Bianca was lonely and she craved of companion so she d
Teri Donaldson
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Whew! This book was hot, hot, hot!
While short in words (it's a novella), they convey Bianca, the widowed Countess of Wells, lusty relationship with her footman, Harry Blake.
I liked that Bianca through caution to the wind and offered Harry that improper proposition. Happiness and love should win every time!
Kathleen Ruggio
Jan 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sassy and Sexy

A cute story with some very hot connections. It's fun to note that a footman is not always JUST a footman when it comes to someone you love.
Barbara Xedos
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An Improper Proposition

Here is another wonderful story by Amy Rose Bennett. The only problem with this book is that it is to short.
Brittany
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historicals, erotic
This was a short, hot and steamy read. It was fast as well. I could have used more story and I would have loved to know what happened to the pair. I felt kind of shorted by the ending.
Mandy Halliburton
Apr 28, 2018
Claire
Jan 02, 2017
Venetia Green
Apr 19, 2014
Mari Christie
rated it did not like it
Jun 25, 2016
May 17, 2016
Tingyu Wang
Aug 04, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Amy Rose Bennett has always wanted to be a writer for as long as she can remember. An avid reader with a particular love for historical romance, it seemed only natural to write stories in her favourite genre. She has a passion for creating emotion-packed—and sometimes a little racy—stories set in the Georgian and Regency periods. Of course, her strong-willed heroines and rakish heroes always find ...more

Improper Liaisons (3 books)
  • An Improper Governess (Improper Liaisons, #2)
  • An Improper Christmas (Improper Liaisons #3)