Start by marking “Savior (The Savior Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Savior (The Savior Series, #1)

Read Book

Savior

(The Savior Series #1)

Librarian's Note: An alternate cover for this ISBN can be found here

Once bullied to the brink of suicide, 16 year-old Adam Reaper discovers extraordinary powers within himself. As the ungovernable changes within unleash a burning hatred for all who once wronged him, Adam is faced with choosing between using his gifts to save the world from impending doom or to take vengean
Published March 18th 2014 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published March 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Savior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Savior

Maria
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I would like to state that I received a free copy of the book from Goodreads First Reads.

"W-O-W!" That is the only acceptable form to start off this review. I was not expecting what planned out in this book and I loved every second of it! Bradley has proved to me that he has what it takes and I cannot wait for the second installment to this series!

*BEGINNING OF SPOILERS*

In the beginning of this read I was very sad (and hungry). To know all that Adam was going through made me realize what I hav
Scott Parkin
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I received a copy of this book with First Reads.
Adam is a High School kid who has been dealing with a condition for his entire life. This has lead to him having a small but close circle of friends, and being the target of harassment and violence from classmates. An unexpected encounter with his principal leads Adam to discover that there is more to his condition than he ever imagined.

As the first book in a new series, time is taken at the beginning to develop the character and build the world. I
Echo Olsen
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book that combines Superhero, Sci Fi, and Cyberpunk genres ( for a very intense book that's hard to put down and flows very fast. Although sci-fi elements are brought in the characters are truly based on real life personalities and experiences.

In Savior, the main character and others were emotional mixed bags, much like you'd expect for teenagers. Working as a teacher in an inner city with at risk youth these characters were like my own students. Adam and PJ's life story was trul
Tas Timmons
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So many things are happening to Adam, starting with his raging hormones and ending with personal tragedies. Among that he learns to fight crime alongside his best friends, and it's not going to be an easy journey.

The book combines everything you want in a superhero story: self-identity, love interest, struggle, payoff and an unexpected twist in the end that will keep you wondering what's going to happen next. It's not just games for Reaper, Ace and Echo, it's the real danger, real weapons and cr
Michelle
Jun 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-and-reviews
At first, I didn't know what to make of this book. The beginning was slow and I had a hard time getting into it but I continued to read. I am glad I did. Once the pace quickens, it doesn't let up until the end.

The Reaper is just a teenage boy trying to get through high school. He is in love with a girl and spends his time hanging out with his two best friends. He's normal, or at least he wants to be. It all starts when he learns that he can lift crazy amounts of weight and notices that a boy hi
Drew Preston
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Looking for a fast paced, action packed sci-fi/superhero story that doesn't feel rushed? Then do yourself a favor and check out Savior.

The story is about a 16 year-old boy named Adam, who was always different, he just never knew the extent to which he was different. This a great story that really showcases the emotional struggle Adam goes through while coming to terms with his new abilities and the decisions he makes.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The characters were very compelling and quite
Adam
Jul 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
What a pleasant suprise. This is a book that i won from one of the contests through this very site. I was a little skeptical about it not knowing the author, or anything about the book besides the summary. Not to mention it is int the Teen category. However, it turned out to be a very good read with very little of the typical teen drama that can be sucha turn off. The characteres were very engaging and alot of fun to follow with multiple unexpected twists. Being a big comic book and Sci-Fi fan t ...more
Ramiro sandoval
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was really great. I loved and hated the main character, Which is a good thing. I felt like this is a good change from the Perfect superhero. because he is fighting his emotions to continue being a good person.
I have been searching for a book that i wouldn't be a able to put down and I found it. I finished the book in about three days and I was left wanting more. I can't wait for the sequel but I will be buying it when it comes out next year.
It was also really cool that the author res
Nick Tory
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
While the story of this book rings of many other classic tales, this book has a unique feel. The characters are interesting and you feel as thought you are fighting the internal and external struggles with them. What sort of takes it a step above is the addition of the soundtrack, which really immerses you in the world and creates a feel that helps propel you through the story. I would highly recommend this book if you love action and are looking for a little something extra than the reading exp ...more
Amanda Kern
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book

Awesome book

I do not know what I was expecting but it was not that. I can not believe this book. I can not wait till the next one. I really enjoyed how the characters are interacting. I hope the next book comes out soon.
Briar's Reviews
Savior by A. King Bradley

This novel was a great read - it was a mix of fantasy, paranormal and superhero all rolled up into one beautiful package.

Within this story, I get the feeling you are supposed to pity Adam (our main character). His story is daring and full of action and drama, but I always was left feeling bad for him. There would be moments where I would feel delighted and strong with him, and then I just felt like it was a day to rain on Adam's parade...

But then you must realize Adam i
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author A. King Bradley.)

This wasn’t the sort of book I would typically read, but it was enjoyable.

I felt quite sorry for the main character Adam. He hadn’t had an easy life, he’d had to deal with hunger, bullying, and watching his father abuse his mother. As the book went on and people started dying on him, I felt even more sorry for him.

The storyline in this wasn’t quite the sort of thing I’d normally
Anna
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a suspenseful and mind gripping story that has all of the elements of a classic dark hero comic book or feature film. I simply could not put the book down from the moment I started reading. I instantly fell in love with Adam. The author has given him all kinds of contradictory characteristics and a deep feeling heart that has been torn in half from his circumstances. That, accompanied with great imagery and colorful descriptive writing, really takes the story to the next level in your imagi ...more
Jim
This was really an interesting story, especially for a debut novel.

I mean, it could probably use a little editing. For example, toward the beginning, the author uses the exact same phrase ("extremely poor") to describe the main characters family twice in just a couple pages. There were phrases like "3 AM in the morning". At times it reads kind of like an ARC.

But some point I stopped noticing grammar or writing that I would change and just fell into the flow of the story. I really got into the
Andrew Rose
Super hero beginning

Adam Reaper is underfed,beaten, and demoralized. He is also a super dense power house waiting to explode. When an organization kills his brother he sets out to make them pay. A good superhero yarn that is more Punisher than Spider-Man but with a touch of teen angst.
Harry Royster
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

I really hate giving out superlatives but this book deserves one. It is everything that you would want in a book. I got carried away in this book and wanted to read more and more of it. I can't wait to read book 2.
Shyam
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It was a great book holding the reader till the end and leaving him with curiosity for the next part.
Michelle A. Nash
Savior (The Savior Series Book 1)

This story starts with non-stop action and holds it's fast faced adventure all the way through.
Sincerely,
Totally Satisfied Reader
Book
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, fiction, sf
'Savior', written by A. King Bradley, is the first installment in author's series that bears the same name - a real rollercoaster story that introduces reader to an appealing leading character that lives within the story made of fantasy, cyberpunk and science fiction elements.

The main character, a kid named Adam, who because of some issues from the past has very limited number of friends, is often the victim of bullying and violence from his high school classmates. Though the horrible memories h
Ailyn
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Adam Reaper or the Grim Weeper is a victim of bullying, it is not the beatings that he has problems with, it is the unkind words that drives him to the brink of suicide Not only bullies in school, but at home as well. But holding him on are his friends Howie and Ace, supportive in every way.

When a chance dinner with the principal of the school (and her hot daughter) makes Adam realizes his potential, and that triggers a cascade effect that creates a new vigilante team. The team's strengths and w
Kristina Aziz
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The prologue had enough action and hooked me, but the first chapter was dry. It wasn't until the beginning of the second chapter that this was the natural voice of the main character, who is chronically exhausted. Had I not stuck it out, I would have chocked it up to a one-page wonder. Thankfully, it got better as the chapters went on. Every writer knows beginnings are hard.

On the brighter side, I was very impressed with the action scenes. They had enough detail to keep me engaged without being
Michelle Lynne
Jun 08, 2015 rated it liked it
I wasn't sure what to expect from this book, but I quite enjoyed the story. The plot was really creative, and I liked the build.

There were just a couple of things that I didn't like and they sort of fold into each other. At one point, the story turns from YA to action, and it happens almost instantly, which seems out of character for some of them - which leads to the second thing: I loved the characters at the beginning, but once the plot flipped over, all of the characterization sort of fell fl
Marco
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As I was totally fixated on the story and could not stop reading it. It was just full of wonderful, shocking and interesting surprises.This is the kind of book that is hard to describe, and even harder to put down. I totally enjoyed reading this amazing well written story and It is one of the best Speculative Science Fiction stories ever! Recommended this book for every science fiction lover!
michael
Apr 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Start !!

I started reading this novel without the expectations of it being as great as it was. I was proven wrong almost immediately. Well written, fast paced, great action, and character development so fluid that I couldn't wait to download the 2nd of the series.
Joan Woda
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best book I have ever read in recent times, very captivating and suspense filled. The characters alone were superb!,. This book has really opened my eyes to a lot of things that has been happening around me.
Brad
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great start. Once it got going the action was really good.
Flora B
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is quite interesting, I just couldn't keep off it. At first I was a little skeptical about reading it but as I read further I realized that I loved it. I'll King Bradley's next book.
Timothy Aldred
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
SAVIOR is an engaging story. Richly textured and layered, it kept me turning the pages late into the night. Highly recommended if you like action-packed and suspenseful page-turners.
Gracy Lawrence
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this book, a great story, I will most definitely read more the next series of this books. Loved the characters and story line. Wow. Enjoyed reading this book.
Belletab
rated it did not like it
Jun 25, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Gods & Monsters (Gods & Monsters, #1)
  • Aries (Zodiac Twin Flame, #2)
  • Earthweeds (Sons of Neptune, #1)
  • Mutation Z: The Ebola Zombies (Mutation Z, #1)
  • City of the End (Book 1): The World Above (An Unofficial Minecraft Diary Book for Kids Ages 9 - 12 (Preteen)
  • Solar Weapon
  • The Calling (The Calling Chronicles, #1)
  • Dark Angels: Lesbian Vampire Stories
  • Masked Mosaic: Canadian Super Stories
  • Junior Hero Blues
  • Cloudy With a Chance of Destruction (Lois Lane)
  • The Heart of Hannen (Atriian Trilogy, #1)
  • Pagan Apocalypse (Wrath of the Old Gods #1)
  • Apocalypstick
  • The Masked Songbird (Shrike, #1)
  • Trying to Survive (Part 1)
  • Three Rings (The Fairytail Saga, #2)
  • A Thousand Salt Kisses (Salt Kisses, #1)

The Savior Series (4 books)
  • Savior Part 2: Son of Eden
  • Savior Part 3: Legion of The Godhand
  • Deliverance (The Savior Series #4)