Start by marking “Chasing the Tide (Reclaiming the Sand, #2)” as Want to Read:
Chasing the Tide (Reclaiming the Sand, #2)

Chasing the Tide

(Reclaiming the Sand #2)

The powerful continuation of the story that began in Reclaiming the Sand- a tale of love and forgiveness and learning to move on from a past that has come to define you.

Bully and Victim

Friend and Lover

Past and Future

Ellie McCallum and Flynn Hendrick’s story was as painful as it was devastating. But they were able to find within each other an unlikely yet beautiful love. De
Published December 15th 2014 (first published December 14th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Chasing the Tide, please sign up.

Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
3.5 stars!

description

After reading the heartbreakingly emotional Reclaiming the Sand I was ecstatic to hear that there’d be a sequel. While I did think things were wrapped up nicely in the first book, I could never turn down more Ellie and Flynn, two characters I love with all my heart. It does sting a bit that I couldn’t rate this second book higher but I do want to say disappointment didn’t lead to this rating. I think there are two ways to look at ratings: on one end, disappointment leads to a drop in r
Christy
Apr 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

photo 7e1d4f9e-6527-4acc-8759-02584767ef2b_zps0c291766.jpg
Every story has a beginning. Flynn was mine. He was the journey in between… He was my beginning. My end. My home. My happily ever after.

Chasing the Tide is the continuation of Ellie and Flynn’s story.

Ellie is a girl who has issues of her own, but finds love and acceptance with a boy she used to bully. A boy with Asperger’s syndrome. A boy named Flynn. When we last left Flynn and Ellie, Ellie was going off to college. She had to get away from her life in the small town she grew up i
Sophie  **2 Greek Girls Reading**
4.5 Emotional Stars

Chasing the Tide was probably the most anticipated book for me this year. When I got my arc I got really excited! Flynn's & Ellie's story had really captured my heart on Reclaiming the Sand Their story was really unique and Flynn wasn't the ordinary male character you usually read. But that was what made him so special, as well Ellie's redemption. Reading about their past and then their present scenes, had me all emotional and my heart was aching for them.

"We share
Jasmine
4 HOME STARS ★★★★

"He was banana bread and holding hands. He was soft smiles and warm touches. He was whispered words and solemn declarations. He was love."

It's only been a week or two since I've read Reclaiming the Sand and the memories of how it tore me apart are still so fresh in my mind. In the highly anticipated sequel of one of my top reads of 2014, we are once again reunited with Ellie & Flynn as we witnessed them moving forward.

Chasing the Tide picks off with Ellie finishing colle
Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview)
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014, favorites
Note: I honestly feel that this was a very important book and I need to explain why this book is special for me which made my review a little bit longer, so please bear with me.

Rating: 4.5 ‘Love and Forgiveness’ Stars

description

“I said that one day you wouldn’t miss me anymore,”
“No I don’t, Flynn. I came back.”
I felt Flynn lay his cheek on top of my head.
“You came back.”

My Views : The story begins three years later where ‘Reclaiming the Sand’ ends. Ellie and Flynn are building their relationship and s
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Live -> http://amzn.to/1sxcFXo

Chasing the Tide is the continuation of the story that started in Reclaiming the Sand. Ellie has graduated college and has returned to the town she vowed to never step foot in again. This town holds pain and bad memories for her. The one reason she decided to return was for the only person who has ever felt like home to her... Flynn.

Ellie has flashbacks to her time spent in this town as a girl. Those flashbacks are filled with hurt and disappointments which shap
Debra
Apr 19, 2014 rated it really liked it

4 Stars!

Full review to come.

**ARC courtesy of the author in exchange for an honest review**
Dee Montoya
**** 5 I Love You Stars*****

(BR with Sharon and Melissa)

photo c4a2fd6d-2e3d-4919-ac69-60913761a6e0_zps0b040abb.jpg

I don't know how objective I can be with this review, because without reading it, I already knew I was rating this book five stars, I just adore Flynn Hendrick that much. The plot and writing style were as amazing as all of this author's previous books, this story contains a very sensitive subject matter and it might be hard to read for some people but I recommend everyone to give this story a try, is just to beautiful to pass up.

This is t
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
3,5-4 STRARS....

REVIEW TO COME...IT WASN'T AS GOOD AS THE FIRST BOOK...I'M A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED...

Katy Loves Romance ❤️
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, favourites, emotional
Update~Spotlight on February 4th 2015:

CHARACTER AND AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT: Flynn Hendrick from Reclaiming the sand by .Meredith Walters:Q&A **GIVEAWAY**

Enter the Giveaway here~ http://on.fb.me/1zIt7uV

This story picks up three years after what's left at the end of Reclaiming the Sand, and although their story has some hardships along the way this is a continuation of their story with a big dose of Happy Endings all in all this is a conclusion to Flynn and El
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
“True love stories never have endings…”
-Richard Bach

And with this series, that is very good to know because let me tell you, it's not an easy read. Reclaiming the Sand was very hard to read and this is no picnic either which really threw me!

As you know from the first book, Flynn sent Ellie off to college...by herself to find herself and for her to come back to him. So I was THRILLED when I heard there would be a second book.

Ellie's back and living with Flynn but Flynn while the same is a
Georgina ☽ 2greekgirlsreading
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stop breaking my fucking heart Stars!

Chasing the Tide starts after Ellie has finished college and goes back to Wellston to live with Flynn.
But living together is hard. Harder than they expected.
The years have passed and they both changed. Now they have to find a way to adapt so they can be together. But can they?

Flynn continues to have my heart.
In this book he was constantly pushing his limits so he could become better, so he could become the man that Ellie deserves, so she wont mis
Glass
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review posted on January 26th, 2015.

When I read Reclaiming the Sand last year, I managed to surprise even myself. To be honest, that was one of the books I was sure I wouldn't be reading. And then I did. Not only that, but I liked it a lot. It was unlike any new adult novel I had read before.

Chasing the Tide picks up where previous book ended - Flynn and Ellie trying to make their relationship work and still following their own, separate dreams. It is a story about facing temptations and pro
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Apr 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 "We Can Have Everything" Stars!
(BR with Sharon & Dee)

photo f885109f-a353-4580-a69b-56038f4b98c6.jpg

photo 5f66bc69-00e4-4c25-89ee-0b6fc1b7c61c.jpg

This book picks up three years after Ellie left Flynn to move to Baltimore for college. She now has her degree and returns to Wellston to be with Flynn. Flynn is working as a professor at the community college teaching art classes. As a result of his Asperger's, he still has odd habits, and requires order & consistency. He's been working on his social skills & trying to overcome his limitations. He adores Ellie, and they ar
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Review: Surj 4.5 Stars

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHopelessR...
Blog: http://thehopelessromanticsbookblog.b...
TSU: https://www.tsu.co/HopelessRomantics

The first book in this series entitled "Reclaiming the Sand" completely blew me away. It was unlike anything I'd ever read before and by the time I'd finished reading Ellie and Flynn's story, I was a blubbering, emotional mess. This was a book that was beautiful yet soul destroying and it was difficult not to be affected by what I had read
Amanda
Sep 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Reclaiming the Sand is one of the best tear-jerker for me in 2014 and I'm ecstatic to know there will be a sequel.

For Chasing the Tide, plot-wise I will give it only 3 stars because there was no major plot or new development. Ellie and Flynn pretty much engaging in the same conflict that they were facing towards the end of Book 1. Ellie wanted more out of her life and Flynn was too content to bulge. Now that Ellie had finished college and return to her hometown, will she ever feel content?

I dis
Aestas Book Blog
Apr 17, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
NEW BOOK FROM A. MEREDITH WALTERS!!!

This is going to be a continuation of Ellie and Flynn's story - the sequel to RECLAIMING THE SAND ➜ http://bit.ly/RrUQx0

Rag
Jan 05, 2015 added it
Shelves: write-a-review
Review to come !

Stop processing everything!
FMABookReviews
4.5 CHANGING stars

“My entire existence had been composed of one bad choice after another.
Until Flynn.
He was my redemption.
My Salvation.”

In the much anticipated sequel to Reclaiming the Sand, Ms. Walter’s provides us with an in-depth look into the life and psyche of Ellie. I felt as if I was back in college again reading a case study. It seems the knowledge the author gained in her previous field of employment as a counselor for at-risk teens and children, helped in the writing of this book.
Mysza
Apr 17, 2014 marked it as series-to-finish
More Flynn, More Ellie!!! Thank you Meredith Walters:)

Jacqueline
Dec 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was in the mood for more gentle and unusual romance after Puddle Jumping and remembered I had this paperback (quaint!) sequel to Reclaiming the Sand sitting on my bookcase unread. I knew I'd enjoy this one because, you know, it's the amazing A Meredith Walters but I was a bit apprehensive too because the bullying Flynn suffered at Ellie's hands was hard to read in RTS and I don't enjoy feeling uncomfortable when I escape into a book.

This was a good read though and it definitely gave me the se
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: I wouldn't. Nothing original here and it may just PISS you off.
12/19/2014 --

I was pretty disappointed in this one. Let me tell you why.

First for the good stuff:
1 -- I was excited to read more of Flynn and Ellie. I wanted a bit more out of this second book, but let's chat about that later.

2 -- The role counseling has for Flynn. He really is very successful in life and a large part of the credit goes to the counselors who have helped him with life adjustments. Life is tough for all of us. We don't always have the best coping mechanisms. Even though Flynn has
Kristal & Charmaine
4.5 Stars

"We spoke more in silence.

It's where we communicated best."

Reclaiming the Sand is a firm favourite of mine, so I have been looking forward to continuing Ellie and Flynn's story. I loved revisiting these characters and seeing them develop further as a couple. Like Reclaiming the Sand, Chasing the Tide is a beautifully emotional story written by a truly talented author.

The conclusion of Ellie and Flynns story was focused a lot more on Ellie this time around. We get to see her work thro
Gena Puro
May 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: coverlove
~3 STARS??~

"Chasing the Tide", more like "Chasing a Job", or perhaps "Chasing Flynn"??. I think I'm one of those that thinks that Reclaiming the Sand's ending was just right. Perfect really. The epilogue explained all that I need to know. Ellie came back to Flynn. That's it. Perfect. But I think nobody who's ever read the first book can really refuse for more Ellie & Flynn, right?. So I was really ecstatic when I read that there's going to be a second book! Yay! Suddenly, I want more!.

Ellie
Beverly
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Flynn and Ellie's story was difficult. Ugly. Intense and Beautiful. This second book showed how difficult it was for both of them. I am so happy the author decided to write this second book and showed us what happened after Ellie came back from College.

It's an amazing ending. I strongly recommend it. If you haven't read them, go ahead and do it now!

happy photo tumblr_mysxy9xqiT1qaqec1o4_250_zpscebf81ac.gif
Hafshie
"We were a story of contradictions. I wanted something more and Flynn wanted exactly what he had."

So, yes, this is the continuation of reclaiming the sand, the story of Ellie and Flynn and their contradicting life. Sad to say, this wasn't as good as the book1. I was really disappointed with this. I was expecting a really Changed Ellie to come back. An Ellie who now have a more positive outlook in life. But what did I get? A really annoying Ellie, who still aren't able to forget about her past; a
Jessica Viteri

Every story has a beginning.
Flynn was mine.
He was the journey in between.
He shadowed my steps as I struggled to discover the person I wanted to be.
But I knew that when it was all over, Flynn would be there.
He was my beginning.
My end. My home.
My happily ever after.

photo ChasingtheTide1.jpg

photo ChasingtheTide2.jpg

photo ChasingtheTide3.jpg

photo ChasingtheTide4.jpg

It took a special person to look at the woman underneath all of that mess. To stare in the face of my horrible history and to love me anyway.

I loved everything about this book.

Everything.

When RECLAIMING THE SAND first came out,
Audrey
A perfect closure to their journey.

I love reclaiming the sands but I'm one of those who felt its too abruptly and so much question with little answers. Well.. Chasing the tide gave everything I needed to makes this story complete.

While I spent most of reclaiming the sand hating Ellie's guts, Chasing the tide gave so much background story that explained Ellie and how she came to be the person she is today. And what a journey for both of them.

I love how Flynn changed so much and how he was so stro
Jazmin
Apr 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was such a sweet conclusion to a love story between to people who couldn't have been more different or wrong for each other. Flynn was so sweet and perfect throughout everything, I felt that he was too good for her. But ellie was able to prove her love for him and eventually become what flynn needed the most. I was happy to see her journey from being the bully, the tormentor to redeeming herself.
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joanne
Nov 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: got-it-tbr

I love Ellie and Flynn and there heart wrenching story. The way the two have to work at life when so many others take it for granted.
This picks back up after Ellie graduates and come back to Flynn. He has never had any doubts that their lives are together but for Ellie, coming back to the town that only gave her pain is not as easy. All her hard work to reinventing an Ellie that she can be proud of will be put to the test and questioned.
I loved Flynn and even with his limitations the t
Do you think there should be a book 3? 2 30 Jan 09, 2015 10:17AM
ARCs- who wants 'em? 11 40 Dec 09, 2014 12:28PM
  • Forgotten Promises (Promises, #2)
  • Time's Forbidden Flower (Forbidden Flower, #2)
  • Path of Destruction (Broken Heartland, #2)
  • The Traveling Woman (Traveling, #2)
  • What Lies Between (Where One Goes, #2)
  • Chaos (Unhinged, #3)
  • His Heart
  • Bird After Bird
  • Pieces of Camden
  • Home is Where You Are (A Home Novel, #1)
  • Complex Kisses (Here & Now, #1)
  • Something like Redemption (Something like Normal, #2)
  • Running Barefoot
  • His Perfect Game
  • Where I End and You Begin
  • Not Yet (Not Yet, #1)
  • Torn (Torn Heart, #1)
  • Safe Distance (Wounded Love #1)
The New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of Contemporary and New Adult romances including the Bad Rep, Find You in the Dark, Reclaiming the Sand, and Twisted Love series.

Facebook: http://on.fb.me/1CkvffQ

Twitter: @AuthorAMWalters

Instagram: a.meredith.walters

Website: https://ameredithwalters.com

Reclaiming the Sand (2 books)
  • Reclaiming the Sand (Reclaiming the Sand, #1)
“He was banana bread and holding hands. He was soft smiles and warm touches. He was whispered words and solemn declarations. He was love. He was home. He was forever.” 1 likes
“She laughs and it's my favorite song in the world.” 0 likes