Start by marking “Nor Gold (The Pirate Captain The Chronicles of a Legend, #2)” as Want to Read:
Nor Gold (The Pirate Captain The Chronicles of a Legend, #2)

Nor Gold

(The Pirate Captain, The Chronicles of a Legend #2)

"Nor Gold" continues The Pirate Captain, The Chronicles of a Legend "book series", volume #2 and picks up the next day where The Pirate Captain Chronicles of a Legend leaves off, with Cate Mackenzie, a woman who has lost everything to the Jacobite Uprising and is forced to sail with pirates; she is still searching for what she desires above all else: a place to belong.

Published October 26th 2014 by By The Board Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Nor Gold, please sign up.
Kerry Lynne Rachel sorry I was hoping "Treasured Treasures" tbr late 2017 but now around April 30, 2018, for excerpts please join the Pirate Captain FB Group …moreRachel sorry I was hoping "Treasured Treasures" tbr late 2017 but now around April 30, 2018, for excerpts please join the Pirate Captain FB Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/pirat... (less)

Start your review of Nor Gold (The Pirate Captain The Chronicles of a Legend, #2)
John Walker
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The second rollocking adventure of Captain Nat, Master Cate (yes she's an officer now) and Captain Tom as they cut their way though the high seas. Only this time there is vengeance on the mind of our captain's for one Lord Breaston Cheswicke, who had tortured Old Nat to the point of near madness years before.
This new adventure moves very well, unlike the first book, there are several terrific moments in this, especially a rather erotic scene(s) with Cate and Nathan which are well drawn, the trap
Jennifer Marsico
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Get plenty of sleep beforehand! Make sure there is food in the house, and no work to be done! Because when you read Nor Gold, you will not want anything to interrupt this great read including sleeping!!
Eric
When I read the first book, I could hear the Pirates of the Caribbean movie score playing in the back of mind. Not so with this book. Nor Gold is pretty much a romance book and not so much a pirate adventure.

This is disappointing because the series has so much going for it: great characters, great backdrop (Caribbean), and fundamentally a great idea (pirate historical fiction). I'm not sure what the author was trying to do with this story. It does have certain Outlander-ish aspects to it but
Rita Wright
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nor Gold picked up right where Pirate Captain Chronicles of a Legend left off. I never thought a 2nd book of a series could be better than the first, but i was wrong. If you are interested in Adventure, Romance, and History this book is for you. Nathan Blackthorn is a main character that i could both Love and Hate, but as i learned of his past i can almost understand. This book kept me on the edge of my seat and kept building excitement to the very end. I will be first in line when the next book ...more
Woody
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Nor Gold; #2 in the Pirate Captain series; where do I start unforgettable MC's Nathan, Cate and Thomas, who are just people with their own loves and lost dreams trying to survive in a brutal world. Cap'n Blackthorne is a rare breed of man and in a mood after his disastrous attempt to hold onto his treasure in Nor Silver. Evil enemies are abound plenty of twist, turns and subplots; who can you trust no one or just one person, if only! A pirate captain's life in the 1750's is the backdrop of the ...more
Cindy Woods
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

This very poorly edited book, with all its grammatical errors and gross typos, is one of the best books I've ever read! This is writing at its creative best if one can omit the glaring scribner's errors.
This author has, not only an awsomely creative mind, but the ability to put creativity to paper. The sea battles are so real you can almost smell the smoke and blood as well as hear the creatures of the islands and creaking of the ship's seams and mumurings of the pirates.
The romance is
Fiona Lyle
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Can I give this 100 stars because 5 is nowhere near enough. It's rare that the second book in a series is better than the first but Nor Gold completely and utterly blew the first book out of the water. I don't even know what to say right now that was exceptional. The emotions I went through while reading this are nothing short of bordering on full on crazy. There were times my jaw literally hit the floor with some of the twists and turns, I hated Thomas and then loved him, could have banged Cate ...more
Zan Marie Steadham
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Kerry Lynne as served up another rousing tale in her Pirate Captain: Chronicles of a Legend with Nor Gold. Once again Nathan Blackthorne, Cate McKenzie, and their pirate ship sails into trouble and revenge...and good, old fashioned love. Enjoy!
Melissa ownsbey
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
wow what a fan stic read
very good book
i got carrired away in the story
it made me cry and laugh
better than the first one but both very good books
thanks for letting me review
Ann Alton
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. Gawd but this book chewed me up and spit me out. Several times. Please let there be more to the story!
Aimee Joyce
Jul 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Aw damn, I really wanted to like this book as much as I liked the first one but unfortunately, it just wasn't as good to me. Spoilers ahead*
As much as I love the world it's set in, the two main characters started to really annoy me at points in this book and I felt this book unfortunately fell victim to cliché romance novel tropes and those parts really annoyed me. Cate seemed to become really dependent on Nathan, moping about when she didn't get her own way and when she was without Nathan
Carolyn G.
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent!

Kept me at the edge of my seat! Sea battles, adventure and deep love story. Great friendship, loyalty, honor and revenge. What more could you want? Can't wait for the next one!
Azalee Salis
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book...
W Doak
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Pirate Captain books are a mind blowing trip into the world of pirates and sailing: Nor Gold blew me away it takes up directly after Nor Silver ends with Captain Nathanael Blackthorne (Pirate Captain) on his ship after a very bad night under a chair? It never lets up with a surprise ending "never saw that coming". This is not a romance but the MC's are driven by a passion for each other that is so intense, OMG. An action/adventure non stop roller coaster ride on the high seas to me it is in ...more
Lori Greenlee
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great series

This is the second book in the series and it's better than the first. Another friend suggested this after knowing I loved diana gabaldon books . It's got a lot of twists and turns and just so good . A love story but a with lot more .
Susan Freeze jennings
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great read, great author, great story, great inspiration! I love this book as well as the first, Nor Silver. I can't say enough good things about it!
Patsy
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait for book three in 2016!
Linda Jordan
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lots of action, surprises, and romance! Some parts are jaw-dropping and horrific; while others are humorous and heart wrenching. Your emotions will be all over the place!
Rox
May 05, 2015 rated it liked it
loved the story despite the horrid lack of proofreading. But the end??? WTH??? Pissed me off no end.
Dr. Raymond F Burchell
Disappointed

Disappointed in the ending. Liked the rest. Had trouble putting the book down. Is the next book available for purchase yet?
Claire
Sep 16, 2019
Sandra Nachtigal
Aug 07, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Into the Wilderness (Wilderness, #1)
  • Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1-6)
  • Written in My Own Heart's Blood (Outlander, #8)
  • The Final Days of Magic (Witches of New Orleans, #3)
  • An Echo in the Bone (Outlander, #7)
  • A Breath of Snow and Ashes (Outlander, #6)
  • Dawn on a Distant Shore (Wilderness, #2)
  • The Good Immigrant
  • 5 Years Later
  • Dear Everly
  • Addicted (Addicted Trilogy, #1)
  • Let You Go
  • Anna's Dress
  • Viper (Isles of Storm and Sorrow #1)
  • Lake in the Clouds (Wilderness, #3)
  • The Witching Hour (Lives of the Mayfair Witches, #1)
"Kerry Lynne was a history major in college and went into teaching for a few years. Then she wound up in the decorative painting world, where she traveled, taught and published for over 37 years and as luck would have it her hand stopped working. So she went back to what she knew: writing, history and sailing."

Lynne's fictional writings include The Pirate Captain, Chronicles of a Legend, “Nor

The Pirate Captain, The Chronicles of a Legend (3 books)
  • The Pirate Captain Chronicles of a Legend (The Pirate Captain The Chronicles of a Legend, #1)
  • Treasured Treasures (The Pirate Captain The Chronicles of a Legend, #3)