Start by marking “Reputacion danada: (A Reputation to Uphold)” as Want to Read:
Reputacion danada: (A Reputation to Uphold)

Reputacion danada: (St. George #1)

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  173 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
La delgada línea que separaba los negocios del placer no tardó en desaparecer…

Cuando sorprendieron a la diseñadora Eva St George, a la que los medios consideraban salvaje y desvergonzada, con el magnate Dante Vitale, la noticia no tardó en aparecer en la prensa. Con una incipiente reputación que salvaguardar, ¿cómo podía negarse Eva a la estrategia que Dante le propuso par
Published October 7th 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Reputacion danada, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reputacion danada

Vashti
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Welcome to Dante's infero! I just fell in love with the hero in this book.I liked the fact that he had feelings for the heroine straight from the beginning even though there was no big reveal of his feelings till the end.
As usual we have a damaged hero who does not trust ,nor does he do love.Enter Eva,former wild child turned wedding dress designer.Eva has secrets that no one knows and it is heartbreaking.This is one of my fav tropes , the "best friends little sister" books. They have a pretend
Dalia
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very intense read, full to the brim with tension, angst, sizzling attraction and a multitude of emotions.
VP's writing is rich, powerful and very compelling. Her characters are well- rounded. Dante and Eva are a great couple. Their attraction is scorching hot. When they are together, it's explosive.
Dante is always judging Eva, always comparing her to his own wild mother.
After her mother's death and her father's desertion, she has been tabloids fodder, wild child, front page scandal. N
Michelle Styles
Apr 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Victoria Parker's second book builds on the promise of her debut. She provides lush escapist reading, perfect for a hot summer afternoon.
All Eva St George wanted to do was to honour her dead mother with a fundraiser for breast cancer. However when her brother becomes stuck and sends a stand in, she is forced to encounter the one man who is capable of sending her up in flames --Dante Vitale.
With her fledging reputation as a wedding dress designer put in jeopardy, Dante comes up with a solution t
Sheryl
*SIGH* Loved, loved, loved this sooooooooooo much. It was pretty, bloody amazing; the emotions... and OMG Dante... *SWOON*... NOW HERE IS A MAN WHO KNOWS HOW TO GROVEL!!!! This story was pretty much close to PERFECT for me :)
Booked
It is a solid new HP read. What stood out about it was Dante's character. He was something new and something old. He has this touch of broken within his character that seemed new to HP. I was pleasantly surprised. I liked Eva's contrasting character having an edge of sophistication but the heart of innocence. I'm happy to finally have a new HP author to watch out for. Thanks VP.
Danielle
Desere
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The expression 'From the frying pan and into the fire' is not even close to what the heroine in this book steps into. Nope, she goes straight into the everlasting depths of torture.

And no I am not exaggerating ! Eva St George goes from hiding from the world to 'the woman who stole another's man' in the space of less than 24 hours. To make things worse the man of this entire mess is no one other than Dante Vitale.

Once she offered herself to him and he walked away and ever since she has made sure
Louisa P
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG! WOW! I want to read this all over again. I AM IN LOVE. WITH DANTE VITALE. Oh my lord, this man is HOT. He has got to be one of the sexiest M&B hero's I have ever read. Then there is all of his pain loaded onto his blistering Italian passion and the ending......I burst into tears. Then read it again. This is not just a romance, this is a love story and the way the author wrote it weaving their pasts throughout and how he felt about Eva all those years ago with such subtlety was clever an ...more
Saly
Rating 3.5 stars
Much better than the author's previous book. I really enjoyed the heroine, she was feisty yet so vulnerable. The hero was a tougher nut for me because he seemed to always think the worst of the heroine, likening her to his mother, but he does come around.
Jenny
May 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful love story. Intense, emotional and awesome. Only needed an epilogue cause I wanted to see these two with their baby in their arms! *happy sigh*
Helen Mead
Apr 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW, WOW and even more WOW..... I've been looking forward to reading this book for the past 5 weeks, as this was given to me personally by Victoria Parker and also dedicated to me along with some of my family members, and I have to say it is a real honour.
I really enjoyed reading PRINCESS IN THE IRON MASK, and thought that was a hard book to beat! But what can I say!..... A Reputation to Uphold is on my list of one of the most amazing books I've ever read. All I'm going to say girls is READ THIS
Nina Milne
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Victoria Parkers debut Princess in an Iron Mask and I am glad to say that her second book A Reputation to Uphold is just as excellent and equally unique. Once again the authors evocative voice, incredible characterisation and beautiful description make this a must read book. I identified with Eva from the very opening paragraph and as for Dante – think gorgeous, smouldering, powerful and dark – a hero to die for. I followed every moment of Eva and Dantes turbulent, moving journey with ba ...more
Rgreader
Aug 21, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to like A Reputation to Uphold. Really I did. It had a fabulously wealthy alpha hero damaged by his past. It had an ok heroine who was still a virgin. It had angst. But. It didn't engage my interest. The romance was blah. The story I skimmed.
It had the fake relationship. Hate that. Paparazzi following the heroine. Hate that. The heroine keeping in contact even tho barely with her ahole dad. Hate hate hate that.

I wanted to like A Reputation to Uphold. Really wanted to. But it failed to e
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Victoria Parker's second book for Harlequin Presents! Not only does this book centre around one of my favourite tropes - the older brother's best friend - but the opening chapter is one of the best I have ever read! I was squirming in my chair! Parker's ability to morph as a writer and give us a story with a completely different feel to her debut, Princess in the Iron Mask, shows us we have many more distinct, wonderful books to come from her! Dante is also the most super sexy hero imagi ...more
Dante, damn you rocked my boats, he is your typical alpha dominant sexylicious guy with an acceptance to his feelings towards the woman of hus heart right from the start. He is inferno reincarnated.
Eva is sophisticated lady upfront but loved the fact that she had an underlying innocence and bubbly side to her character. Fell in love with the charaters pretty damn much. A good deal of romance & a great deal of INFERNO to read through.
Karen
Oct 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review Posted on HarlequinJunkie.com

Eva St. George has started to make a name for herself as an exclusive fashion designer. It’s not the first notoriety she’s had however. She’s been in the spotlight for years, showing her penchant for wild nights & wild boys. Of course, all is never what it seems…Read More
Toni Davids
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could not put this down. It was absolutely wonderful, I loved it from beginning to end. The depth of emotion combined with the clever way the romance unfolded..... No spoilers but Dante..... Oh. My. God. Sexy isn't the word. *Fans oneself* This author is quickly becoming one of my favourite M&B voices. This is a must read for Presents fans. LOVED IT!
Amalie Berlin
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! Stayed up until 4am with it, and honestly could've happily read another couple hours if I hadn't run out of pages to turn. Smoldering. Angsty. Full. Of. Awesome. Gonna have to find her debut now to give a read!
Eleanor
May 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think the end, was the most romantic part!! I swear my eyes watered reading it!. Who knew such words could come out of his mouth? I was on the bus when I finished it and I was smiling like a friggin idiot, everyone was looking at me funny, but I didn't care, It was so sweet!! its a great book.
Leona
Aug 21, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hqn-presents

I had a very hard time connecting with the H and h. I think I am in the minority on this one.
Ipshita Ranjana
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was just WOW..!!
Victoria Parker just became my a must read hp author.After a stunning debut she has written another awesome book...!!!
Chantal ❤️
Best book ever! Wow so hot!!! Omg where do I begin with this one. The heroine is in love with the hero forever and wanted him to be her first lover after her mom died! She told him only one night but he said no he could not handle that. It was intense awesome dialogue. He was amazing and she was what I would hope I would be. Just awesome book. Read this one. You will thank me if you do.
Terri
Aug 09, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book as part of a Goodreads giveaway. In typical Harlequin fashion it delivered exactly as expected. While it will not go down as a deep read that will forever stay with me it provided the type of entertainment I required to get me through my workout. If I had to get nit-picky I would recommend a different cover for the novel as it appears dated.
Carol Fitzgerald
May 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't really read a lot of romance books anymore but I really enjoyed this heartbreaking love story. It really tugged at my heartstrings and I felt for the characters. Look forward to reading the book about Eva's brother Finn.
Romancereader
Oct 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow this book was so good. Intense, passion and lots of angst everything you want from a romance book. I loved it and what's even more impressive is that this author's first book is so different from this one. I'm excited to see how she changes her characters for the next book.
Gerard
Sep 19, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
To me this was an ok book.
The romance was predictable, the plot was kind of weak but it did what the book was supposed to in it's genre.
If you are a fan of sappy romance books this is one you should check out.

I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Se Mcgregor
Oh boy..... Oh boy.... Oh boy.... Who says that these days? Victoria Parker, that's who! Some 19 times throughout the book. It absolutely drove me crazy! It ruined every romantic scene in the book.
Esther
Wow, loved this book. Talk about chemistry, emotion and character depth, this book had it all. Very impressed with this author! she will put on my auto bye list for sure. A must read!!!!!
Ayu Wirdha
Hampir separuh cerita kok kebanyakan narasi H/h membayangkan sex doang hadeuhhhh

Close to boring - 2.5
Melanie♥
This is my first Victoria Parker HP and I hope she writes many more!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Lost to the Desert Warrior (The Private Lives of Public Playboys #3)
  • A Facade to Shatter (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty #6)
  • The Playboy of Puerto Banús
  • A Shadow of Guilt (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty #3)
  • Never Say No to a Caffarelli (Those Scandalous Caffarellis, #1)
  • Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation
  • The Couple who Fooled the World
  • What the Greek Can't Resist (The Untamable Greeks, #2)
  • The Dimitrakos Proposition
  • Reckless Night In Rio
  • A Bargain with the Enemy (The Devilish D'Angelos #1)
  • A Scandal in the Headlines (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty #7)
  • Intangible Dream
  • The Sicilian's Unexpected Duty (Irresistible Sicilians, #2)
Victoria Parker's first love was a dashing heroic fox named Robin Hood. Then came the powerful, suave Mr Darcy, then Lady Chatterley's rugged lover and the list goes on. Thinking she must be an unfaithful sort of girl, but ever the optimist, she relentlessly pursued her Mr. Literary Right and eventually found him lying between the cool, crisp sheets of an M&B Harlequin romance. Her obsession w ...more
More about Victoria Parker...

St. George (2 books)