Start by marking “To Love a Wicked Scoundrel (Three Regency Rogues, #1)” as Want to Read:
To Love a Wicked Scoundrel (Three Regency Rogues, #1)

To Love a Wicked Scoundrel

(Three Regency Rogues #1)

Is there a Lady in the land that can resist this scoundrel’s charms…?

At her step-mother’s command, Isabelle – and her irrepressible step-sister Lily – are leaving the pleasantries of the English countryside behind them, and heading straight to the bustling heart of a London season. Isabelle couldn’t care less about fashionable society, and is even less interested in the
Kindle Edition, 1st, 164 pages
Published April 9th 2014 by Carina

To ask other readers questions about To Love a Wicked Scoundrel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Love a Wicked Scoundrel

Start your review of To Love a Wicked Scoundrel (Three Regency Rogues, #1)
BJ
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: good
The h is on the shelf, and has accepted it until she meets the H. He's liked her from their first meeting, but her step mother wanted to have an affair with him. I liked this because this common trope did not follow the usual steps. The step mother was not evil, they were lonely women who were nice to each other, and genuinely cared for each other. There's also a sweet little girl. The H is not perfect and so they had to work to get their HEA.
Nemo
Apr 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
For a full and edited review go to: http://booksandbree.blogspot.com/2014...

3.5 Wicked stars

Even though I have seen Pride and Prejudice more times than I can remember, I have never read a historical romance. I’m happy to say it won’t be the last! I liked Isabelle and Constantine (I always thought that was a girl’s name) and every other supporting character. Even though the story was centered around the romance there were still surprises and twists which added a dash of much needed spice.

Lord
Patty McKenna Van Hulle
To Love A Wicked Scoundrel by Anabelle Bryant
Anabelle Bryant

This story has a 6 year old Fairy Godmother in training, a likeable step-mother who wants a brief and passionate affair, an Earl who gets knocked down a few pegs and a redhead female who doesn't want anything to do with London's Season.

Isabelle Rossmore is practical, quiet, reserve and loves nothing more than being in her colorful garden. Her father emotional abused her until he died. The Earl told her she was ugly with her red hair, unsual coloring, figure and that she was
Heather andrews
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Con that boy is used to getting what he wants but I think he secretly likes that Isabelle is a challenge, "he scoffed at her suggestion. If the servants proved as unreliable as earlier, he'd have been left unsatisfied once again. Clearly, the fates intended otherwise. "I meant to waltz with you this evening." I mean the boy resorts to asking Isabelle's six year old sister questions about Isabelle, "does your sister have a beau?" He smirked as he voiced the question, unaccustomed to showing ...more
[̲̅ρ̲̅υ̲̅и̲̅y̲̅α̲̅]
Amy ~ Love At 1st Read
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can’t begin to tell you my excitement when I realized Anabelle Bryant had a series I hadn’t yet read. I quickly grabbed the set and now my summer will be complete. Any time I can snag one of her books, I feel like I’ve hit the jackpot. With her captivating plots, strong characters, vivid writing, and great historical detail, she truly makes writing an art form.
For Isabelle Rossmore, London was the last place she wished to visit. She much preferred the countryside to the London Season. But
Christy English
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Anabelle Bryant’s debut novel TO LOVE A WICKED SCOUNDREL is an absolute treat. I have been looking forward to this book for months, and I was not disappointed. Con is indeed a scoundrel and a rakehell, a man who loves nothing and no one, save for perhaps his secret painting. Painting all day, and carousing all night, Con is a man who burns the candle from both ends in a sort of endless, hopeless whirl that does not feed his soul.

Until he sees Isabelle, and everything changes.

I wish I could say
Brian Benson
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was my first venture into the Historical Romance genre. I write, and usually read detective novels. My daughter advised me to expand my reading horizons. I'm glad I followed her advice. I won't soon forget Isabelle of Rossmore, Anabelle Bryant's main character. She has done a superb job, in this her first novel. Rouges, Romance and a certain gray-eyed redhead have been my reading pleasure the past two days. Isabelle's 'amaranth tresses' have not been far from my mind. Bryant weaves a ...more
Brittany
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historicals
I received this from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. I just loved this. I could not put it down and finished it in a few hours. It was such an engaging, fun, steamy read. I loved how Con and Isabelle's relationship grows and finally flourishes. This was a great read!!
Amy Alvis
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Isabelle Rossmore's step-mother is demanding that they travel to London as she is ready to get rid of her widow's weeds. Since Isabelle doesn't want to be separated from her sister, she agrees to go. She soon meets a gentleman that peaks her interest. Unfortunately it's the man her step-mother has decided she wants to have an affair with.

Constantine (Con) Highborough, the Earl of Colehill, is smitten the first time he lays eyes on Isabelle. Unfortunately things go wrong and he ends up promising
Love Reading Romance
Isabelle would rather be at home in the country with her garden, but her step-mother, Meredith, is determined to drag her along to the London season. Meredith has a plan for their time in London: she is going to seduce Lord Constantine Highborough, the city's most notorious scoundrel, but after only one ball, it is Isabelle who has caught his eye.

At a glance, Isabelle and Constantine make up one of my favorite heroine/hero combos: the reluctant goody-two-shoes spinster and the terribly naughty,
Farrah
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A very sweet, delight of a romance, To Love a Wicked Scoundrel was a fantastic historical romance. I really liked this book and I really enjoyed reading it. It was a truly lovely book.

Isabelle was a wonderful heroine. She was very sensible and, thankfully, not prone to listening to gossip and making judgments based on it (with one exception). After being told by her father for all her life that she was plain, unfortunate, and unworthy, she had some serious self-esteem issues, but even so, she
R.C. Matthews
Aug 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a five star book for me all the way till the last 25% of the book.

Isabelle is a really heart-warming heroine. I love it that she was considered a 'spinster' at age 26 and wins over the catch of London. Her relationship with her stepsister Lily (6 years old) is enchanting. There were many moments of interaction between Lily and the other characters that had me giggling. Personally, I love it when secondary characters really come to life on the pages.

Constantine was a worthy hero -
Amanda Richardson
Apr 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. Isabelle and Constantine were such fun to read about. Isabelle feels like she is on the shelf at 26, when her stepmother, Meredith, convinces her to go to London after they mourn her father. Meredith at only 30 is a very young widow and has decided that she wants to have a fling with Constantine while in London because she reads so much about him in the scandal sheets.
At one of their first ball's Constantine sees Isabelle, is immediately entranced, and sends a footman
Robyn Koshel
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I devoured this book in one sitting. I thought “To love a wicked scoundrel” was a sumptuous period romance with all the opulence of a BBC costume drama.

Isabelle isn’t a silly little chit; she is a woman who know her own mind and won’t compromise just to land a husband.

Con- Rake or Rogue? He certainly acts like a rogue and likes to give the impression of both; but underneath, he is neither. I got the feeling her is a completely different man- as you will find out later.

Con and Isabelle’s first
Samantha Tonge
Apr 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book which was difficult to put down! The old-fashioned English style was easy-to-read and nicely set the tone of the story.

Would modest, virtuous Isabelle from the countryside fall for devilish Constantine, the handsome rake from London?The hero and heroine are highly appealing characters, each have sufffered their own challenging childhood. But is this enough to bring and bind them together? You won't want to waste any time in finding out!

A gripping, erotic read, written
Beverly Wells
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Anabelle had me hooked from page one with this delightfully lighthearted Regency. I read it while traveling to Italy on my Kindel and couldn't put it down--always thinking I'd just read one more page before trying to sleep on the plane. It was well written and filled with a compelling story that had me living in the past. Her secondary character, Lily, is sure to capture your heart. Can't wait to read Anabelle's upcoming novels.
Sandra Aaron
May 18, 2019 rated it liked it
This is an OK romance, and I mostly liked Isabelle and Constantine. It bothered me a little that Constantine was such a womanizer, but he did change after he fell for Isabelle. Their instalove (though neither of them realized they were in love right away) was also a bit unbelievable.

The main thing that bothered me about this book was the incorrect use of titles. As the Earl of Colehill, Constantine would have been called Lord Colehill, NOT Lord Highborough (his last name). That is incorrect all
Joann Maggio
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing

To Love A Wicked Scoundrel
By Anabelle Bryant

This book is a reread for me and I know this is the book that brought me to love Historical Romances and to love this author.

When a step mother is but four years older than her step daughter and out of mourning, she sets her sights to London and to meet the Scoundrel Lord Constantine Highborough.
In tow, is her daughter Lily and Isabelle her step daughter.
Once Con sets his eyes on Isabelle he is lost in her beauty and charm.

I absolutely loved how
Wanda Liendro
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Anyone that loves a good romance with just a little heat will love this book. Isabelle has been told all of her life by her father that she is unattractive. After being widowed two year prior, her stepmother, Meridith decides she wants to go to London to have fun and pursue the man featured in all the gossip papers for years.
Being the subject of gossip has never bothered Constantine but the celebrated take is not who he really is. When he meets Isabelle his world changes. What's going to
Denise Stout
Forced into society, almost on-the-shelf Isabelle finds herself attracted to the notorious rogue, Lord Con. A problem, because her young step-mother wants him. Her little sister Lily adores him. He thinks he's a confirmed bachelor until he realizes Isabelle can give him the love he never had.

A secret threatens their relationship, and Con is forced to woo her with several other men suddenly vying for her attention. Used to independence, life with Lord Con would never be dull, and he can give her
Loraine Oliver
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-books
To Love a Wicked Scoundrel is Anabelle Bryant's first book in her Regency Rogues Series, and it was an amazing read. I loved it so much as soon as I finish this review I am off to read the next one!

This book tells the story of Isabelle Rossmore and Constantine Highborough, the Earl of Colehill, along with a great supporting cast of characters that really add to the story. This is the story-

Meredith, (Isabelle's Stepmother) a young widow of 30, has finally been able to take off her widow's weeds,
Beverly
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great book. I love how much Isabell loved Lily and how practical she could be. Reading her confusion when practicality went out the window when love was involved. My heart hurt for both her and Con reading about their fathers. I was so happy that they found love with each other. Lily was my favorite character of this book I grew to love that child almost as much as everyone else did.
Wendy Tavenner
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book! My first read by the author! Both Lord Constantine (Con) and Lady Isabelle had never experienced love but something magical will bring these to together to heal their wounded hearts! Everyone deserves love! A beautifully written story!
Kathy Bunbury
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
A lovely hard won HEA!

Really nicely written and filled with emotion. Two lost souls healed through love. The author does a good job of opening the windows of the characters' inner feelings for the reader.
Janet Russell
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very fine love story

With just the correct amount of tension and intrigue and hurdles and a lovely shero and very talented handsome hero
Jackson D'Lynne
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I will start off by saying that Anabelle gave me this book as a gift, and I was more than happy to take it! Last week, I was on vacation with my family in OBX North Carolina. I took this book along on my ereader because I knew I would finally have time to read something other than work emails. One night, I snuggled up into bed around 10:00PM and didn’t put the book down until the very end! I was 2:30AM before I even knew what happened!

To Love a Wicked Scoundrel starts out with a beautifully
Gwendolyn Thaggard
Feb 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Isabelle, her stepmother, Meredith, and younger sister Lily all travel to London for the Season so that Meredith can leave her mourning and rediscover passion and excitement in hopes of tracking down the Ton's most notorious rake, Lord Highborough. Isabelle has no idea of her beauty and appeal, thanks to the cruel words slung at her by her father. A father that never tired of telling Isabelle what a disappointment she was to him, for not being a boy. Meredith persuades Isabelle to embrace the ...more
Nicole Laverdure
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amazing and captivating!
To Love a Wicked Scoundrel was a delight to read! I adored it! Written by Anabelle Bryant, she really offered the charming love story of Lord Constantine Highborough and Isabelle. I also liked the secondary characters Lily and Melissa! Isabelle doesn't want to go London for the Season, she prefers to stay home set in the English countryside, but her 6 year old sister, Lily, and Melissa make it their mission, to make her change her mind. Let's mention, that Melissa, really
Steph
Dec 24, 2014 rated it it was ok
I can only surmise that all the author's friends reviewed this book en mass. There is no other way to account for the extremely (and overwhelmingly) positive reviews this book had on Amazon when I purchased it. (That has since changed a bit as non-friends have read the book.) egregious historical/factual errors and grammar problems just don't do it for me. Sorry.

I leave you with one of my favorite mind-boggling quotes: "There is nothing at all displeasing about you. Do not force me to defer to
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Nov 10, 2015 09:40AM
Scoundrels Real and Imaginary 1 4 Apr 27, 2014 01:44PM

• Misadventures with the Duke (Forever Yours #4)
  • How to Deceive a Duke
  • Hell Hath No Fury (Devilish Debutantes, #1)
  • Tempting Fate (Providence, #2)
  • A Rake's Redemption
  • How to Tempt an Earl
  • Lord of Vice (Rogues to Riches, #6)
  • The Dashing Widow (Regency Romps, #1)
  • To Dare a Duke (Girls Who Dare, #1)
  • The Duke of Fire: Regency Hearts Book 1
  • A Duke She Can't Refuse (The Impossible Balfours Book 1)
  • Intimate Deception
  • To Dare a Duchess (Lords of London Book 5)
  • The Bluestocking (Wicked Wallflowers, #4)
  • Dangerous
  • The Art of Duke Hunting (Royal Entourage, #2)
  • How to Seduce a Duke (Royle Sisters, #1)
  • To Seduce a Scoundrel (Secrets & Scandals #3)
Anabelle began reading at age three and never stopped. Her passion for reading soon turned into a passion for writing and an author was born. Happy to grab a suitcase if it ensures a new adventure, Anabelle finds endless inspiration in travel, especially imaginary jaunts into Regency England, a far cry from her home in New Jersey. Instead, her clever characters live out her daydreams because ...more

Three Regency Rogues (3 books)
  • Duke of Darkness (Three Regency Rogues, #2)
  • The Midnight Rake (Three Regency Rogues, #3)