Start by marking “Princess Ellie's Secret” as Want to Read:
Princess Ellie's Secret

Princess Ellie's Secret (The Pony-Crazed Princess #2)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  115 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews

Princess Ellie has outgrown her Shetland pony, Shadow, and the King wants to sell him. Ellie doesnt like the idea of losing her beloved pony, so she comes up with a secret plan to save him.

Published February 1st 2006 by Hyperion Books for Children (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Princess Ellie's Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Princess Ellie's Secret

Rebecca Ray
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read aloud to 6 year old. She says, “I love it!”
Esti
Nov 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
In the second installment of the Pony-Crazed Princess series, Princess Ellie goes on another sweet adventure. This time it's her smallest, oldest pony who is in trouble--her parents are threatening to sell him because she's outgrown him. With the help of her friend Kate and Meg the groom, Ellie hatches a plan to keep her pony, but her crotchety Aunt Edwina's arrival might send everything awry! The story is just as sweet and simple as the first book, but the inclusion of Aunt Edwina's rather surp ...more
Karen
Nov 19, 2009 rated it liked it
Ah. A nice relief from the fantasy and mystery books we've been reading! A PRINCESS BOOK! It's pretty simple, of course, silly little story, but it was fine. Annabelle liked it. I just asked her, "What did you like about it?" In true strong 3 year old style she replied, "Nothing, I just liked the whole book." In other words, I don't want to think about this or talk about this Mom. I just want to play computer games!
Emily
Mar 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Princess Ellie loves being a princess but loves her ponies even more. She has always cared for them. One of her favorite pony's, Shadow, has been outgrown by the young princess. Ellie's father and mother are convinced that selling the pony is the best thing to do. Ellie must find a way to keep Shadow, but she must do so in secret. With help from her best friend Kate, Ellie may just be able to out-smart her parents and save Shadow from being sold.
Ursina
Dec 31, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: horse-series
I read this series because I was bored and had no other books. It's prefect for young girls. Princesses and horses in a charming easy-to-understand-yet-entertianing combination. I highly recommend it for kids just getting into longer books. If my cousins could read english these are the books I would give them. Some pictures will keep them wanting to read as will the simple plot. If I was the right age it would be a 4-star series but I'm not so I settled for a nice 3.
Jodi
Jul 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: young horse lovers!
Recommended to Jodi by: children's librarian at Bosler Library
Cute new series we picked up about ponies at the library! I have already requested the first book in the series from the library for my daughter!
Celeste
Feb 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
A sweet story about a not to girlie princess,who is pony crazed. She loves all her ponies. Then the day comes when she has to get rid of her Shetland. And she tried to figure out how to keep him.
Elizabeth
Shayna Rocker
Jan 09, 2017
Cairn
Feb 21, 2013 rated it liked it
good
Kathryn Tribble
Sep 01, 2014
Jul 26, 2015
Peppi
Jul 28, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Diana Kimpton has always been pony-mad so it's not surprising she enjoys writing horse books. Her Pony Mad Princess Series has sold over 900,000 copies in English and been translated into 12 languages.

After writing a series about Amy Wild, a girl who can talk to animals, Diana returned to her favourite subject again for, There Must Be Horses, which is her first novel for older readers. She hopes
More about Diana Kimpton

The Pony-Crazed Princess (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Princess Ellie to the Rescue