Start by marking “I Spy Dead People (Disturbia Diaries, #1)” as Want to Read:
I Spy Dead People (Disturbia Diaries, #1)

I Spy Dead People

(Disturbia Diaries #1)

Horror movie and junk-food junkie, fifteen-year-old Piper Grimaldi wishes for three things:
1. to help her true-crime novelist father solve a mystery,
2. to settle down and make one town their home, and
3. to have a social life, which includes a BFF and a boyfriend (even if she's not allowed to date for another year).

It looks like her dreams will come true when on the firs
Published December 1st 2013

To ask other readers questions about I Spy Dead People, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Spy Dead People

Ruby
Jan 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen, thriller, mystery, ghosts
This review was first posted on Ruby's Reads.

I’m kind of on a roll with teen mysteries lately. I found I Spy Dead People while I was looking for information about the third book in Gemma Halliday’s delightful Deadly Cool series. Her name popped up as the coauthor of this book, which is a complete fallacy. Halliday didn’t co-write I Spy Dead People, she published it. This is, possibly, a cheap gimmick, but one I have no objection to. I probably wouldn’t have purchased I Spy Dead People if Hallida
Jmrhine
Dec 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bought this book because of the interesting concept and the killer cover, and this new series by Jennifer Fischetto is a winner. Piper Grimaldi has had to deal with more than the average teen. Her mother left when she was four. Her father is a famous crime author who moves every time he starts writing a new book. She's never had a long-term BFF, can't date for another year, and wants to help her dad solve his mysteries--but he locks up his files.

Yet all of that and more is about to change with t
Levian
Mar 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Piper had just moved into the new neighborhood with her author father when Linzy, one of the neighbor's kid went missing. together with Kinley, a new friend she just made, Piper set out to investigate after she happened to be the last person who saw Linzy before the disappearance. to make matters more complicated, she stumbled upon Linzy's body. before she was able to get over the shock, she found Linzy's ghost in her bed, haunting her since she was the only one who could see her.

i received a fr
Crystal Collier
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Let me preface by saying, this isn't one of my typical reading genres. I liked the story, and it moved along, but it felt more middle grade than YA to me--which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Piper is gunning for a chance at normal, something she's not likely to achieve with an author-dad who picks them up and moves as frequently as he changes his shirt. What we meet through her are a number of firsts: best friend, boyfriend, unlikely friendships with an enemy and a dead girl. Her dying desire
Gretchen
Sep 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
This was a fun YA mystery novel with a little supernatural element thrown in. The main character, Piper, is a 15 year old girl who moves with her dad to a new town. She is interested in mysteries and death (probably because her dad is a best-selling writer of true crimes). When her neighbor, Linzy, an teen actress on a soap, goes missing, Piper decides to do some investigating. Along the way she befriends another teen neighbor, and develops a crush on the son of the chief of police. Typical teen ...more
Jesstyn Kenworth
Well to start off I'd like to say that I was pretty interested just by the title even though it confused me. Now I'm not sure why. Anyway when I started reading this book it seriously took me a while to get into it but when Troy came in I could just feel the tension within. Honestly this is quite a book if you're up for a story that makes everything in the night freak you out. I was reading this book about 3 days after Christmas at 10 pm. I tell you the first thing to freak me out was that TV th ...more
Sadie Corwin
May 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Recently, I had the privilege of reading "I Spy Dead People" by the wonderful Jennifer Fischetto. I thought it was a great read! The characters were written wonderfully and she caught the teenage angst and drama perfectly!
One scene perfectly captures Jennifer's ability to weave comedic moments into her writing. It is a a scene between Piper and Troy. When you come across it, you will no doubt know what I'm talking about.
I am looking forward to reading "We Are The Wierdos" the next book in Di
Dianne Wallace
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has it all. It is well written with wonderfully developed characters that suck you into the story and keep you pulled in until the end. It contains everything necessary to keep you entertained; mystery, adventure, romance, and humor all thrown into the mix. I don’t normally read YA books, but this one was written so well that I feel it is good for YA and Adults. It kept me entertained as an adult and I found the YA angst funny and I could definitely remember those days and relate. I ca ...more
Sibel Hodge
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When Piper moves to a new town for her Dad's work, she's looking to solve an old murder mystery before her Dad does. Little does she realize, she's about to become embroiled in her own murder mystery in the form of child-star Linzy, who is murdered and begins to haunt Piper.

This isn't just a YA mystery novel, it will appeal to readers of all ages. Great fun, and will keep you turning the pages!
Destinys
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a 5 star if not more stars needed. Jen captures you from page one. This book is a must read. Piper, is everyone’s teenage daughter who wants to be a P.I. She brings you a bit of Veronica Mars with a great twist. ( not going to give it away) I stayed up till 4 in the morning to finish this book and it left me wanting more. Jen has amazing talent and tells a great story. Follow Piper and her friends(or maybe not friends) and see what happens. You will be a long for the adventure.
Erin E
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy balls!!!! this book was so super good.... I guessed through out the book who the killer was... but in the end I wasn't even close... haha.... it was mysterious and hilarious and I couldn't bear to part with it... I would have to say this is one of my favorite books!!!! I loved Piper's personality it was fun to hear what she thought about everything... GOOD JOB JENNIFER!!! LOVED IT!
🐥Erica Lundstrom🐥
This is a teen/pre-teen book that I 1st found/got for my 9 year old son (he may have been 8 but I'm thinking he just turned 9). This is one story he didn't put down, and when I started it last night I couldn't either. Great book for kids, teens, & adults.
CM
Apr 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was suprisingly good read. Piper is a nifty girl with a ability to see ghosts, she's smart and curious and solves two murders in two weeks after moving into a new neighborhood.
Julia
Light, enjoyable reading. For those who love mysteries and YA.
Candy