Start by marking “Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)” as Want to Read:
Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)

Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack #4)

4.19  ·  Rating Details ·  6,843 Ratings  ·  511 Reviews
Published April 7th 2015 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Dark Instincts, please sign up.

Lisa
Oct 21, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, for-review

4.5 Stars!

description

Dark Instincts by Suzanne Wright is book four in her The Phoenix Pack series. I have loved and adored this series right from the beginning. It is funny, sexy and packed full of gorgeous alpha wolves who will do whatever it takes to claim what is theirs. Picking up a new book in this series always leaves me glad to be back in this shifter world full of horny wolf-men!

“It has to be said, you’re a constant ray of sunshine, Roni.”

She narrowed her eyes. “Bite me, Fuller.”

This book is ab
Val ⚓️ ShamelessBitchySkanky ⚓️ Steamy Reads
Re-read 3/19/16...Still in werewolf mode in these parts...love this one more every time I read it...

4 - 4.5 Solid Stars

Well done, Suzanne Wright. Well done.

description

Believe it or not, I went into this book with absolutely no expectations...but definitely with some caution.

description

I LOVED Feral Sins and Wicked Cravings.

Carnal Secrets??

Not as much.

Looking back though, I think a lot of my disappointment with that book can be attributed to too high expectations.

We all know how that goes. You look so forward to
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4.5 Antisocial Stars

* May have Spoilers below*

photo roni2_zpscbzfml3m.gif

“Flirting is supposed to be fun and playful, sweetheart. It doesn’t mean I’m not serious.” He leaned closer, lowering his voice so only she could hear, making the whole thing painfully intimate. “I want you. I want to make you come so hard that the memory’s burned into your brain and you’ll never forget the feeling of me deep inside you.”

OMG!!!! Ok so I loved the 1st book and the 2nd, the 3rd was just meh. So I was just a little worried that the 4th
Pam
5 show no mercy stars
“I was scared of needing anyone, scared of having anyone need me.”

Roni is the younger sister of Nick, the Alpha leader of the Mercury Pack. Even with her position as pack Enforcer, her cold icy demeanor, her tomboy ways and her exceptionally high IQ, she finds she can never change the fact that Nick or her mom views and treats her as a helpless twelve year old girl. The only one who sees her for the woman she truly is inside is Marcus, the pack Enforcer of the Phoenix Pa
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
3.5- 4 Stars

When Marcus wanted something, he would hunt it down until it was his. And he wanted Roni Axton in his bed...

As disappointed as I was with Carnal Secrets I was equal parts dreading and anticipating this book. I knew if I didn't like this one, it may be the end of the road for me with this series. That's not to say that I didn't dive into it immediately upon having it land on my kindle. Something about this series will just always be a guilty pleasure for me. It's the combination o
Catarina
4 Sexy Stars.

If you’re familiar with this series you already know who both Roni and Marcus are. Both enforcers in their packs, they know how to be strong and have to fight for themselves and their packs. Marcus is a badass used to have every element of the opposite sex flying around him. But Roni, despite being a badass girl, she is a little “tomboy” that isn’t always able to see her qualities. Both of them have their own reasons to be closed off to commitment (or mating, in this case), but whe
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
4 SW Finally Did It Right Stars

So...After two failed attempts in this series, the author finally managed to write another book that I loved. Without the unecessary drama and communication blocks that made the previous two so freakin' tedious.

Roni was just what I expected and wanted of her to be. She was intelligent, driven, funny and confident. She may have allowed her family to interfere with her life a bit more than she should but shen push came to shove she was her own person and she didn't l
Patrycja

Release Date: april , 2015
Rating: 4 stars
Cliffhanger:. No
HEA: (view spoiler)

I really enjoy reading paranormal romance books. There is something thrilling in them. I love the unique settings and plots and kickass characters. So every now and then I leave contemporary romances and jump on the other side of the fence, to have some wicked fun with shifters, vampires or other creatures.

I’ve been followin
Alex is The Romance Fox
Dark Instincts, the 4th book in Suzanne Wright’s The Phoenix Pack starts off with a bang!!! Some pack mates are attacked by a group of shifters, which we later learn are part of a Jackal Pack, whose plan to kidnap the Phoenix Pact Alpha Trey and Tanya Coleman’s young son, if foiled by the fighting instincts of Roni Axton. That was an unexpected and thrilling experience!!

This book is Roni Axton, sister and enforcer of Nick’s Mercury Pack – a loner, tough, kick-ass and a fighter, has been doing he
Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A***

***3.5 Stars***

"I never stood a chance, did I?"

"Of what?"

"Holding out against you."

"Nope. I was too determined to have you."

I have been wrapped up in this series for a week now and this book has just continued to feed my addiction!

I love the dynamic of all of these characters. And now that we've added the Mercury Pack to the mix....I'm in wolf shifter heaven!

Roni and Marcus were the perfect balance for each other. Marcus allowed Roni to be who she was. He found her quirks endearing and her
Shanny
Jul 06, 2014 Shanny rated it really liked it
Release date April 7, 2015.

***The synopsis for "Dark Instincts"***

It happens whenever wolf shifter Roni Axton is near Marcus Fuller: a crackle of sexual awareness that’s intoxicating…and deeply annoying. Marcus is a pack enforcer who oozes power, but Roni is lethal in her own right—nothing like the flirty females who flock around him. Even still, his possessive gaze makes one thing clear. Marcus has singled her out for seduction, and he wants to make her sit up and beg.
No matter how aloof and un
Elizabeth
“I need you, sweetheart. Do you understand me? There’s no point in anything if I don’t have you.”

Dark Instincts is the fourth book in The Phoenix Pack and I can say with complete certainty that it was my favorite. 5 star read all the way.

description

What makes this one the best? I have two words for you: Roni Axton. This heroine is by far the strongest of all the female shifters in this series. She is a take no prisoners kind of woman.

description

There is only one wolf who can tame the likes of Roni and that is Mar
♥Rachel♥
Jun 17, 2015 ♥Rachel♥ rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Roni Axton is highly intelligent, on the genius scale, but socially awkward and somewhat of a tomboy. All this is very different from the women Marcus Fuller usually goes for. Yet, Roni draws him like magnet and he finds her social awkwardness, with her tendency to blurt out random facts when she gets nervous, adorable. With her skittishness, Marcus realized if he was to have any success, he needed to take it slow and cautious with Roni:

He focused on her intensely, but he didn’t overwhe
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Check out this and my other reviews at My Blog, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest

★Book Basics★

Genre : - Paranormal Romance
Series : - 4th in the series
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? - Yes
Rating - 4.5 stars

★Review★

Ok, so I liked this one more than book 3, but maybe slightly less than book 1 so it sits firmly at a 4.5.

Agai
AJ
May 20, 2014 AJ rated it really liked it
4.5 hot and hilarious paranormal stars

I love this series! An adult PNR based in the shifter world, these books are fast paced, exciting, sexy and romantic, and absolutely freaking hilarious! The character dynamics are fantastic, and the constant stream of insults, wise cracks, banter and teasing make these books such an enjoyable read, and I absolutely loved this one! It’s fourth book in the Phoenix Pack series and brings us the story of Marcus and Roni.

Roni is the younger sister of Mercury Alp
Anna Banana
May 01, 2014 Anna Banana rated it liked it
3.5 stars!

I've been waiting over a year for this book and the moment I heard it was available for early review I jumped to obtain a copy. I was beyond excited to read more about my favorite werewolf crew and I thought for sure this would be another hit. And while I did like this book, it unfortunately is not a favorite.

If you've been following this series you already know who Marcus and Roni are. Marcus is the flirty, fun enforcer of the Phoenix Pack and Roni is the younger sister of Nick, the
Vickie***
May 19, 2014 Vickie*** rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed Roni and Marcus' story.

Roni isn't my favorite character in this series, per say, but she is still an awesome heroine. I loved her relationship with Marcus!!!

I just can't wait for trick's and ryan's story. So curious about how that is going to play down

2015???

I at least hope something comes out from Ms. Wright this year
Sabrina
Apr 13, 2014 Sabrina rated it really liked it
Dark Instincts is the story of Roni, a tough tomboy, and Marcus, an emotionally tortured man whore. Roni is the enforcer for Mercury Pack, working under her Alpha brother who still treats her like she's a little girl. She hides behind her tough exterior so no one see's her vulnerable side, but Marcus can see past her defenses and wants to be the one to help her open up. He goes after her with an intensity that Roni has no chance of ignoring and when they are forced to work with each other after ...more
Kate Phoenix
 photo Dark Instincts_zpsysmk3uvr.jpg

Expectations: the act or state of looking forward or anticipating.

Now expecting something and hyping a book because I can't wait for it to come out usually doesn't work in my favor as I am usually really disappointed. Please stand up for Ms. Wright and give her a round of Applause for such a great book in the Phoenix Pack Series.

So I was wondering how Ms. Wright was going to carry on with a good plot and this was amazing so unexpected.

Marcus is an Enforcer for the Phoenix Pack. Roni is an En
Julia's Book Haven
Sep 02, 2014 Julia's Book Haven rated it really liked it
This was a good addition to the Phoenix Pack series. I really enjoyed Marcus and Roni's relationship. The way they are completely accepting of each other, even with both of their oddities. It was perfect. They were both a little broken but together they soothed out those jagged pieces and fit together. I also really liked how we got to see all our favourite characters from pass books. Its always fun the way that Suzanne Wright writes her group scenes. I always have a smile on my face while I rea ...more
Kazy
May 13, 2015 Kazy rated it really liked it
*Received from Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review*

"Feeling someone fiddle with the back of her top, Roni twisted to see Dominic reading the label inside her collar. “What are you doing?” He just nodded. “Made in Heaven. I knew it.”

That about sums up the fabulous humor in this book. The amount of action was great. Trying to figure out who was behind a botched kidnapping and a sick, twisted website that showed videos of horrible acts. I wish Roni didn't think so lowly of her looks and her
ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover)
Nov 24, 2014 ZARIA (Sheldon Cooper lover) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Marcus is a pack enforcer who oozes power.

Roni is the only one who’s ever seen past his shifter charm and discovered the man hiding beneath it. And for Marcus, claiming Roni once will mean needing her forever.

Awesome! I totally loved this! The characters are hot and sassy, and
Whitney
Apr 23, 2014 Whitney rated it really liked it
Solid 4 stars

I'm not going to lie that I was very apprehensive when starting this book. I loved the first book of this series, Feral Sins. But that last book, Carnal Secrets (Book 3), we were not friends. This book was my make or break for this series and I'm glad this one turned it around for me. This book can be read as a stand alone but there is an abundance of characters that can get confusing, even for readers who've read the whole series.

This book is about Marcus and Roni. Marcus is the
Angie Elle
Jan 05, 2015 Angie Elle rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Thank you to MONTLAKE and Netgalley for providing a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Initial thoughts:

First off, I just want to say that I think this is a case of 'it's not you, it's me' with this book. I loved the first one in the series, the second was very good, but the third just wasn't for me. I considered dropping the series after that, but once I start a series of books, I'm like a dog with a bone. It's very hard for me to give it up, but I should have let this
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
I love this time of year. Why? Because it means we get more from Suzanne Wright and I definitely want more from the Phoenix Pack series. If you can’t tell, I LOVE THIS SERIES and I was desperately waiting for the release of Dark Instincts.

Dark Instincts follows Roni and Marcus. Marcus is an enforcer for the Phoenix Pack and a very well-known ladies’ man. And Roni is tomboy-enforcer for the Mercury Pack where her older brother is Alpha. Ever since Marcus and Roni first met, they’ve both felt draw
Ivy Deluca
Aug 16, 2014 Ivy Deluca rated it really liked it
In the fourth Phoenix Pack book, Roni Axton (the sister of Nick Axton, hero of book 3). She’s been in an accident with her brother’s mate and godson, and attacked by jackals. This brings her into closer contact with the enforcer from the Phoenix pack, Marcus. Marcus has been working on Roni’s defenses for a while now, trying to get closer to her and to have her any way he can get her, whether she’s his true mate or not. And of course, romance happens.

The Good, The Bad and Everything In Between

I loved it. Duh. Enough said. :D
CC
This was the weakest of the series for me. I just could not get into the MCs. Roni was not bad just not as appealing as the prior books heroines. Marcus was too big of a manwhore for me. Too many past fuck buddies in my face.

I may like this better on re read. But for now, I am jumping right into the next book!
Insomnia Book Club: Interview with Suzanne Wright 1 8 Mar 22, 2015 09:19AM
  • Enemy Mine (Alpha and Omega, #2)
  • Wild and Free (The Three, #3)
  • Loving Her (Keeping Her #2)
  • Piercing Ecstasy (The Guardians of the Realms, #5)
  • The Alpha's Daughter (The Wolvers, #3)
  • Bear Naked (Halle Shifters, #3)
  • Seducing Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #4)
  • Beyond the Darkness (Darkness, #3)
  • The Loneliest Alpha (The MacKellen Alphas, #1)
  • A Reason to Live (Reason, #3)
  • Tall, Silent & Lethal (Pyte/Sentinel, #4)
  • Wolf Trouble (SWAT, #2)
  • Keeping My Pack (My Pack, #2)
  • Head Over Tail (Ridgeville, #4)
  • Air Ryder (Harper's Mountains, #3)
  • Shadows Strike (Immortal Guardians, #6)
  • Claiming His Witch (Feral Breed Motorcycle Club, #3)
  • Four Days (Seven, #4)
Suzanne Wright lives in England with her husband, two children, and her Bengal cats. When she's not spending time with her family, she's writing, reading, or doing her version of housework - sweeping the house with a look.
More about Suzanne Wright...

The Phoenix Pack (6 books)
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • Fierce Obsessions (The Phoenix Pack, #6)

“Shaya’s chasing Nick with her shotgun—and I’m not even kidding. I believe the last words she said to him before we left were, ‘Run, Alpha-boy.” 8 likes
“Where’s Ryan?”
“Jaime’s come in his place,” explained Dante. “She insisted on coming here to, and I quote, ‘smack the shit out of the bitch who tried to drug Roni.’ As you can tell, my mate’s painfully shy and has trouble expressing herself.”
8 likes