Start by marking “Ancient Hunger: A Modern Mythos” as Want to Read:
Ancient Hunger: A Modern Mythos

Ancient Hunger: A Modern Mythos

(Ancient Hunger)

When millennia pass, the old gods are forgotten. Ishtar, perpetual and cunning, endless as the stars, created an unassailable plot to ensure Her continued veneration. In a world where kings were revered as divine, She bestowed blessings upon every family. Even as Her people ransacked holy temples, led by an arrogant king, She was merciful. They would not forget Her gifts.

T
Published (first published December 21st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Ancient Hunger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ancient Hunger

Christy Wilson
Nov 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is not your typical paranormal romance. Nor is it the typical erotica. Vampires? Not really...

I enjoyed this read simply because it is not your typical paranormal book; I think "mythos" is the appropriate word to describe it. Fascinating, immortal characters who have traveled the world and lived lives that are far from easy, and often hard as they are the minority in what they are.

As a whole, I enjoyed the characters in the book. The immediate connection felt by each of them as they met was
Echo
I just finished reading Ancient Hunger and now I have to figure out how to write a review without giving anything away. So here is my attempt at a spoiler free review…

This was an entirely unique and interesting reading experience for me. The writing is very well done, and I loved how the storyline flowed. The supernatural element was entirely new and quite honestly I've never seen it done quite the way Arden Aoide did it. Kudos to the Author for creating some highly imaginative mythology and wor
☮ Syrina ☮ RWBR
A sharp intriguing gothic little trip into urban fantasy land and I was happy to take the fall. This dark read was erotic at best yet rich in historic fairytale charm.
Enzu is a fascinating enigma. Is he human? A monster? A .. vampire? He is a man, an immortal tattoo artist with social paranoia utterly despondent in connecting with his own kind, his relations, his... family.
Along comes a sexpot who sits down beside him needing a commemorative piece done below her collarbone to celebrate her fre
Helen Stothard
Jan 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Arden, the author, contact me via my Facebook blog and asked if I'd be interested in reviewing this book, I explained I'm not really into paranormal, but she promised me tattoos so I agreed. I'm easily pleased.

I wasn't disappointed with this book, it's not Vampires, but it encompasses some of their legends in there. It also covers the ancient gods and as I've always been fascinated by Egypt this was something else that drew me in.

It's a fascinating story, although you never do find out quite wha
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Wow! This was a good book. It's an interesting story. It a has a fresh new view on some paranormal aspects.
After Tristan breaks up with her boyfriend Jason, she cuts her hair and go to get a tattoo. She has an instant connection with Enzu, her tattoo artist. Enzu is a Incubus. The sex scene between Tristan and Enzu are super steamy.
In this book we also meet Li and Naram, who have a relationship with Iltani. We also get Irra and Nina. I not sure if Irra is plain crazy or just so in love with Ni
Red Cheeks Reads
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Instant attraction. The complete allure of another, seeking, finding, and becoming enraptured by the sheer look of the one that is meant for you. These are themes, ideas, thoughts that every girl dreams of. Ok, maybe that’s being too general, perhaps a large portion of the female population wishes to find their one true mate. I can say, I am one of those girls. I am sure some men, most men, a good portion of men feel the same way. It is a part of the human spirit; to find their love and spend th ...more
Suleika Santana -All About Books
***Ecopy given to me by the author in exchange for an honest review***

5 stars. AWESOME read!!! This is one of those stories that make you think. The whole time I was thinking what are they??? Are they vampires, demons, what???? The story is so interesting and not like others that are out there. This is not your traditional love story with a sappy ending. I liked that the main characters were not saying "I love you" in the first page, you know what I mean? Insta-love is not for me and this story
Heather
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
One of the coolest things in my wee reading world is having been able to meet the author before I read her work. Opening up to the first page after having a valid, fun and quirky conversation with Arden was like going on a second date. Butterflies, unsure, but excited.

“Ancient Hunger” did not disappoint! Described adeptly as a dark romance, I didn’t find it too dark, dull, or overwhelming in sadness. Instead, pleasantly, I found the characters, their lives and histories, and romances written ex
The Color of Ink
It seems Ancient Hunger is one of those reads that I am going to have to carefully choose my words as not to drop any spoilers. It was amazingly unique and full of action, emotion, romance, and sex. A supernatural read with a dash of immortal as flavor.

It starts off with the main characters Enzu and Tristan and brings in an array of other characters to keep you on your toes and your interest peaked. Tristan, recently out of a relationship, cuts her hair and heads to the tattoo parlor. Sometimes
Bernice Cook
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book it has tattoos & and a hot mysterious guy with some kind of demons he is trying to control. Got my attention in the first 2 pages, score!!
As it pans out he isn't a vampire or a shifter but a Mythological being!!! Yep surprised me.. A girl on the rebound from a long term relationship happens to turn up for a tattoo of an ancient symbol that has an otherworldly connection. An instant attraction between these two main characters evolves very quickly and leads you into
Mary Mooney
Dec 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy from the author in exchange for my honest review, so here it is. I had no idea what this book was about and had not read any reviews or the synopsis for it. And come to find out I really enjoyed it. It is one that will make you think outside of the box. Tristan had broken up with her cheating boyfriend and he tells her the only thing good about her was her hair. It was so long and beautiful. So what does she do? She just about shaves it all off and heads to a tattoo parlor that ...more
Alyssa White
I was asked to give an honest review for the book.
My over all score would be a 3.5
I feel the author had a good idea but needed to develop it more. The initial idea for the story was based around the inccubi/succubi or was it vampires? Or both? The author never gave a clear understanding but mentioned both. There was a lot of jumping around and it pulled from the main characters and following of the story. I feel the idea would thrive if there were individual prequels to the main story so we had
Myra Espino
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**Received a copy in exchange for an honest review**

Another good book to read.
From the start up to the last, it is interesting and it really got my attention.
The concept and the flow of the story are good.
The characters are not boring.

They are also easy to love and like.
The characters, Enzu and Tristan are nice characters.
I love their uniqueness, the personality and attitude.
Also the other characters are good.
I love how I can easily get to know/see the story in different perspectives which makes
Di Covey
Jun 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'M HOOKED!

4 INCUBUS STARS!

I had no idea what I was getting into. I just finished my first book by Arden Aoide a couple days ago, A Consummation! I loved it, seeking out her other work, I just opened this up without reading the blurb. This was a fascinating story mixed with some paranormal. I'm a huge history buff, when Ancient Gods and such was mentioned, I was instantly intrigued!!!!
I have to see where this story will go!

I'm loving this authors writing style, it's unique, a refreshing change!
Bridget
I would have given this five stars if it would have continued to develop the characters. It kind of ended abruptly and I didn't feel like it was finished. Maybe there is more? Very similar to the Irin Chronicles, but not as good.
Luv_a_good_story
Dec 06, 2014 rated it liked it
The story underneath was good, but I got a little lost at times and couldn't follow what was happening, expecially the dialogue.
Nan Richard
Twisted

A twisted tale but just never hit home for me. There just never seemed to be the depth I was expecting after reading the reviews.
Jessica
Dec 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was such an amazing book and I couldn't put it down. Thank you for enriching my life with yet another good read!
Megan Brain
Dec 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's really interesting and really entertaining. I really enjoyed it. It's not a vampire book, but it's similar. It was really hard to put the book down. It's definitely one of my favorites.
K.Marie
Mar 05, 2016
Colleen M Gilli
Sep 04, 2016
Some Like It Hot!: Honest opinion about cover 20 46 Dec 02, 2013 10:48PM
  • Revelation of Blood  (Skye Morrison, #5)
  • Semi-Human (Harper Hall Investigations, #2)
  • One Wilde Night (Immortal Vegas, #0.5)
  • Repossessed (Warlock Repo Man Chronicles #1)
  • Act of Defiance (Defiance Gray, #1)
  • Electric Moon (Raven Investigations, #2)
  • Miss Me When the Sun Goes Down (Forged Bloodlines, #4)
  • The Battle Lord's Lady (Battle Lord Saga, #1)
  • Bound (House of Crimson & Clover #2)
  • Deep Into the Soul (The Guild Series, #1)
  • The Shrike (Slave Empire, #3)
  • The Army of Mab (Lords of Arcadia, #4)
  • Obsession (Parish Secrets, #2)
  • The Last Hunter: Collected Edition (Antarktos Saga, #1-5)
  • Cursed by Fire (Blood & Magic, #1)
  • Singe (Hailey Holloway, #2)
  • Chaos Born (Chronicles from the Applecross #1)
  • Avenging Amethyst (Immortal Eyes, #1)
Sign up for the newsletter here: http://ardenaoide.com/connect/

Arden Aoide lives in San Antonio, Texas, with her husband, two daughters, and three cats. Turn ons include men who cry during sex, long walks on the beach, and talking about herself in the third person. Turn offs include mean people and trying to figure out how to write an interesting author bio.

She doesn't write about the typical men

Ancient Hunger (4 books)
  • Incubare (OOP Ancient Hunger #1)
  • Cruentare (Ancient Hunger #2)
  • Vorāre (Ancient Hunger #3)
  • Dēvovēre Resurgere Exūrere (Ancient Hunger #4)